Test Your Posting Here

inlove.gif
 
HELP!!!!

This is how I have my sig line at the moment, but the last line of the verse "so is my beloved among the sons." isn't centred. That has upset the centreing of the last line... ~ Solomon.

What have I done wrong?

I'd also like to add the worlds... "Rose of Sharon" under the pic with color indigo italics and size 1 lettering. How should I do that?

I've replaced all of the < & >below with { & } and [ & ] with ( & )

Thank you.

{img src="http://www.naturallyfarberphotos.com/scenery/thumbnails/RoseofSharon.jpg"align=left}{center}(color=indigo)(size=1)(i)I am the Rose of Sharon,
and the lilly of the valleys.
As the lilly among the thorns,
so is my love among the daughters.
As the apple tree among the trees of the wood,
so is my beloved among the sons.
~ Solomon{/center}(/i)(/size)(/color)
 
Ladybird said:
This is how I have my sig line at the moment, but the last line of the verse "so is my beloved among the sons." isn't centred. That has upset the centreing of the last line... ~ Solomon.

What have I done wrong?

Actually, you haven't done anything wrong. The last line and the attribution are centered. They just aren't centered in relation to the same reference point as the other lines.

Those last two lines are below the image and centered on the full width of the space instead of the space to the right of the image.

You need a taller image to keep them centered on a common reference.

Elsewhere in the forum are several examples of using tables in your signature line. To add text centered under the picture AND center the quote inthe space to the right of the picture, you probably will need to define a table to keep them separate.
 
Thanks Harold. Now that you've pointed it out, it's obvious.

The thought of adding tables is a little daunting at the moment, so I think I'll let that pass.

I'll also go look for a longer pic. Pity though, I really like this one.

Again... thanks very much.

ps.. if you haven't guessed.. my name is Sharon.. lol
 
Ladybird said:
ps.. if you haven't guessed.. my name is Sharon.. lol

The original for the thumbnail you're using is copyrighted, but Google.com turned up a veritable bouquet of images.

FWIW, my ex-wife's name is Sharon too, but I won't hold that against you. :p
 

Attachments

  • !images.jpg
    !images.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 29
Moopies

Where do I go from here?

This is just a test, i repeat this is just a test.
If this was a real post, there would be information after the Title.
 
because for some reason I get a red X in a box for the pic in my sig whenever I post, I'm reposting my sig pic.
 
Originally posted by Weird Harold
FWIW, my ex-wife's name is Sharon too, but I won't hold that against you. :p

LOL... that's very generous of you, thank you!

Do you like what I've done.. I'm pretty pleased with myself actually.

I found this pic, but it was larger than I wanted. So I resized it, and did the lettering, so that I don't have to worry about another line of text.

And now the verse is all centred to the same point.

I really like the look of it, and it's not too long either.

<patting myself on the back here>

Thanks again Harold.
 
Ladybird said:


LOL... that's very generous of you, thank you!

Do you like what I've done.. I'm pretty pleased with myself actually.

The finished product looks very good.
 
Titania1616 said:



is this how every body gets those quotes up?

Using the quote button is certainly the easiest way to "get quotes up, but it can be done manually as well.

Look closely at what the quote button puts up and you can see the syntax for the quote, Italic, and bold vB code. (the bits in square brackets.) Just remember that they are used in pairs -- a BEGIN tag and an END tag (with a backslash.) You need both tags for a function to work properly.
 
Back
Top