New Poetry Recommendations

bluerains said:
Am a bit off color today if someone wants to jump in til I return this evening ..feel free...
later/blue :(

OK. Not reviews from me, just mentions of:

A) Two poems I think are must reads for all:

meeting the Reaper by 1201

i worry by clutching_calliope


B) Fine poems from some regulars (including Monday's reviewer who is always too modest to direct anyone to her own work, which seems to be present always on her review day):

comfortably numb by bluerains

Death of a Butterfly by vampiredust

Changing Babies by Tristesse

Pandora by dorksicle

C) Poems by new poets that struck my fancy in spots:

Not the Pain by Technodivinitas

Beds from a Backpack by Bleedyearsnixon


A pretty fair day of reading, IMO.

:rose:
 
Tooosday again

Good morning Poets

It's another day in Seattle, supposedly a sunny one, but I won't hold out for it to last very long if the sun does show up today. Well, there is a handful of poems and once again they're goodish. The new poems page is dominated by the lady poets and I like that way, no offense to the gentlemen poets, of course.


First up is
ico_neo.jpg
Nawa Shibari by Decayed Angel who also earns my N this morning with his slick dark erotic thing that has to do with earning a knot tying badge.

wildsweetone's a shadow (Haiku) is a pretty little haiku. I'd add a quote here, but it would be only one word because the poem is so tiny. ;)

nannycharlotte submitted two poems this Tuesday. poetic science? scientific poetry? and here. I like both poems, but the firsts subject matter interested me more even though the parenthesis were a bit distracting.

Virus by oregon_gal is a non-erotic piece to read, although it feels erotic to me (then again I'm sick and think a perverted virus is what I infect everyone with who reads my erotic poems. ;) ) Check out orgegon_gal's idea of a virus. Its a good one.

What can I say? annaswirls never fails to amaze me with the broad range of her writing ability and the emotion she injects into her poetry: inside the first circle

Porch Swing by Sara Crewe is one of my favorite reads of the day. I like the texture of the imagery in her poem. See it for yourself; agree or disagree.


*** That's it folks. That's the poems I liked today. Support your own kind by reading, commenting and voting too if that's your thing to show your appreciation of the poetry this Tuesday.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, it's 4:20 AM according to my internal clock, but I find myself on the wrong coast and rushing about trying to get ready for yet another important technical presentation on the glories of database technology. (yaaawn!)

I do see that duckie has already been up and bustling about.

Anyways—there be 28 new poems today. Here's some that helped me get my Left Coast eyes opened this morning:
  • crow's nest by 4degrees takes us on a hip, trip, twisty path of sound and sense. It's got a beat and you can dance to it.
  • bogusbrig has been hanging out in, um let us say, alternative cafés and brings us along with him in Fetish (Introduction). You might want to pack your German-English phrasebook.
  • I remember when 1984 evoked visions of a scary dystopic future. But, if you were a teenager buzzed on ethanol and hormones as bourbonslut recalls, you apparently have different feelings about the year. The year ain't important—the memories are.
Ah well, my Public calls. There are a bunch of other poems today, people, so check 'em out, read, vote, and comment.
 
New Poems of Thursday February 9, 2006

There are 37 new submissions on this February day, and as is my bent, I start off with a non-erotic "spinner" from the archives.
note: There is now a thread titled "Two Poems" that invites you to do your own "spinning" and then report back on what you have found. - Try it, you just might like it! There are more good 'OLD' poems out there than 'NEW' ones, even on the best of days!

Today's Blast from the Past:
This work was posted in May of 2004, and I found the poem by JCSTREET on the eighth spin. It seems I lured JCS back to us with a spin-up a few weeks back. Well, to keep him writing, here is another one I found and like. (Of course I have always liked the title ever since I heard Country Joe and The Fish's "Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine" during my first encounter with a certain herb.)
Sweet Lorraine

You built your house well, shading it
from the eastern sun, shielding it
from the West Wind, making it
impregnable, you

grow lilies and quaint tropical plants in
window boxes to thwart the insects
that dance there and fill your nights
with the warm candle smoke of the South.

I found you beyond your fortress tossed
on a hill in a weak moment and
talked of trade and barter, concrete
waters where you swam safely, then

I penetrated your shell boat, you
filled with water and sank
like a stone. I
hammered the For Sale sign into your garden with
a mallet of jade


--30-- Montreal, June 1968
***

Of the myriad of submissions today, almost a third (Well OK, Senna, 29.727272 . . . repeating decimals % ) are by the same brand new Literotica writer, so just for sheer persistence he deserves a mention. I am not going to list all 11 of his works today. They are mostly of one theme, that of lost love. Rather I suggest that you click and go to cowboypoet's homepage and choose one or more to read and upon which to comment. I think you will find that while there is unity in theme, there is some inconsistency in quality as is often the case with new and growing poets. Please be kind, but give some constructive criticism as well as a welcome to this new Lit. poet. (Note to cowboypoet: All things in moderation. It is usually far better to only submit one or two new poems a day. Many more than that and the works begin to lose their individuality and blur into a mishmash without character. Just as you might buy a dozen assorted doughnuts but not eat them all at once, too many poems at once reduces the reader's enjoyment to where they all begin to taste the same and one must force the last few down just to finish.)

***
My Erotic Trail starts the list off today with Haiku ~ river ~ which is a collection of short impressions of his beloved Trinity River. MET creates some strong images with these minamalistic glimpses, and perhaps that would be a better title "Glimpses ~ River ~", for while enjoyable, they are not haiku.

***

ExitableBoy draws some interesting pictures with his words in Ice Cream Man. This poem could be trimmed and tightened a bit, but it is a work that shows how this poet is growing. :rose:

***

The first erotic poem to catch my eye today is Spin, Fingers, Felt by lexitopoi, a fairly new writer at Literotica. There are some excellent lines and images in this one. :rose:
She lives on a slip,
her crystal pendulum hypnosis hips
play vaudeville hide-n-seek
with sweet treats and spicy promises.

She would be black stiletto
in the city, but sandalettes and snarls
go a long way.
. . .
***

neonurotic cooks up a word feast today and tells us about the secret and "It's In The Sauce. "
. . .
It was there behind the wine
and baby, I loved your marinara
especially the tip of your tongue touching
the corners of my kiss
. . .
***

standard fishy disclaimer:
With so many poems to read today, I am sure that I have passed over some that I would bring to your attention on slower days. So please go and find what I have missed and bring them back to us. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them! :kiss:

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
An interesting group of titles in the new poems list today! It is a short list, and I recommend you go read all of them. These are the ones that caught my eye:

In Which I Try to Shed My Prehensile Tail by Algonquin Twit offers some wonderful rhyme structure and brisk pacing. This poem could easily have bogged down in self-importance; the author deftly keeps it moving. [note to AT-- lose the last phrase!].

annaswirls provides poignent Evidence of a loss seen and felt in snapshots of her day. This poem is a wonderful example for new poets, who often try to express grand themes with grand events. See, here, how the banality of spilled crumbs on an elderly woman's shirt evoke such strong emotion.

lobomao laments a life stolen by... well, I won't give it away. This poem works for me because for the sincerity of his anguish. The writing never really breaks free of its cliches, but I think it show promise.

The Desert At The End Of The World by vampiredust offers not only a wonderful hook for a title, but an outstanding final image.

Two inches of fresh powder has turned my world into a child's painting of heaven-- life among the clouds! I'm headed outdoors.
 
Last edited:
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 11, 2006

The Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step <stepping into the new poems list>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOD Replaced The Coed by neonurotic

clip~
What ever happened to the coed
on the front page?
The one with the too short skirt
open knees, giving me a peeka-boo peep?

Neo is a witty word wizard and this poem is sprinkled with his erotic literary charm. He not only plays with words but steers this poem to drive the reader to an alternate route <grin...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Miasmatic Night by Jhenn

The picture painted by this poet is poetry at its best in my book. Inspirational and a good example of how to paint a poetic picture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valentine Passions Blend by Hope

Happy Valentines Day~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crush by zell 19861986

this new poet charms us with loving giggles and a touching tale of chasing a tail down the years of a marriage trail, a nice poetic tale.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see by Alessia Brio

clip~

I see you

this poem is excellent in several ways, poetically expressing feelings then twisting it into a fabulous ending. I enjoyed this poem very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is some grand poetry in the list today, I encourage you to read, comment and give feedback. The melting pot of poetry here is simmering with the flame of comments. Lets turn up the flame a notch <grin

have a quality weekend and a great Valentines! (Every one)
 
Last edited:
One more for y'all...

For You
by lexitopoi

snippet:

This is scribblings on the rim of reason,
a holler in the blackout, flashlight flaring
in defiant resistance.
'Come in, stay the hell out,
walk this way, keep the distance.'


Read and enjoy. :)

I flubbed the formatting on the snippet. Such is life.
 
February 12, 2006

There are three poems posted today by f-cynyr and they are all really good though I think Hymm for the Stone Rings of Carnac is my favorite. They should all be read though--this poet is very good and deserves reads!

And The Huntsman is a terrific writer who used to frequent these parts a while back. He's here and writing again--and has a strong, stylized piece today in The Priestess.
 
Our Sunday reviewer is too modest to highlight this yet another example of one of Literoticas best talents.

:kiss: :heart:
 
Short one today

Cupid's Arrow
by My Erotic Trail ©

...A Funny Valentine..from the Contest Thread by MET contains clever lines and wit...like this..
Cupid's Arrow
now limp as a noodle
another hunger has arisen
time for some...
Valentine strudel.

Don't eat too much of that strudel...


***
Once Upon a Heart by Wanton Vixxxen


Uses an old cliché to pen this tale of lost love....has some great strands of rhyme
with a touching rhythm...

***

Now go read and find others to view and vote... :rose:
 
Besides Wanton and Trail, there are a few other poems today

A poem with some good moments.
Consequences
by fire child ©
Bookmarks of medi bracelets,
And fireflies with dying light,
Empty soda bottles and napkins,
Banana peels and blank ink pens,
These things surround me--


:heart:

Another poem with some promising lines.
With you in my dream
by Alexis661 ©
Reaching for your smokes.
Your breath catches the
Cloud of white air.
The moon slants through your
Blinds, bars against your heart.


:heart:

I rather like this little poem for its stupefying sunlight and careless sunburn.
Yearning...
by Man Ray ©

:heart:

I'd like this better if the last line were changed to "over the pass, humanity fails." You read and decide for yourself.
Hate
by Tasty_Teaze ©
Bitter flavor of turpentine
Over the pass a man gets beat, battered, bruised, humanity fails



And I don't know what I think about Close By, yet. Since it's a bit long, I'll read it later. Until then, why don't you give it a read and let me know. ;)
 
Happy Valentine's Day

Hello Poets.

I'm sorry, but I'm unable to do reviews today in a timely manner. I'm having a busy horrible day with all the snow that fell over night in my part of the world. If someone would like to step in and make suggestions, please feel free to do so. If not, then reviews will have to wait until later today or tomorrow morning.

Thanks for understanding :rose:
 
neonurotic said:
Happy Valentine's Day

Hello Poets.

I'm sorry, but I'm unable to do reviews today in a timely manner. I'm having a busy horrible day with all the snow that fell over night in my part of the world. If someone would like to step in and make suggestions, please feel free to do so. If not, then reviews will have to wait until later today or tomorrow morning.

Thanks for understanding :rose:
If I get a chance, I may suggest more later. It is Valentine's Day and there are a bunch of new poems. But on my first glance, Dinner For One and a Half by Sara Crewe is pretty funny.

I think.

Yow! Happy Valentine's Day, indeed.
 
Wednesday, 2006.02.15

Following the Valentine's Day blitz, there are only seventeen new poems. Perhaps I'm still feeling logy from eating too many chocolate cremes, but none of the poems today really grabbed me. I'll mention one that came pretty close, though:
  • The Gulf of Morning is one of two poems today by The Huntsman, whose appearances at Lit seem to coincide with the Winter Olympiad. This poem features a dense, image-laden language that sounds well, if a bit on the tongue-twisty side of things, but ends up being a bit too clever for me to follow. Maybe I need more caffeine. Go read it. You'll probably follow it better.
Looking for a little more to read this morning? Check out some of these from yesterday, which I offer without further comment:
duckie should be along later this morning with her recommendations, so hang around for her picks. And go read, vote, and comment on the poems. There are sure to be some that grab you.

I'm gonna go get some really strong tea.
 
The Huntsman


Returning after 4 years, if you have not read him, I would suggest you go do so now. I have only dipped into his work a bit, but enjoy his use of language and twisted manner of speech. Stay Huntsman, stay :)
 
annaswirls said:
The Huntsman


Returning after 4 years, if you have not read him, I would suggest you go do so now. I have only dipped into his work a bit, but enjoy his use of language and twisted manner of speech. Stay Huntsman, stay :)
I believe I remember the huntsman. I'll have to get reacquainted with this work.
I've noticed a real improvement on the new poems list over the last few months. I hope you're all checking out the new poetry and making comments. We need to keep supporting our poets. :rose:

Eve
 
New Poems of Thursday February 16, 2006

There are 9 new submissions on this February day, and as I like to do, I start off with a non-erotic "spinner" from the archives. - I have been criticized at times for including an "old" poem in with this thread of the "new", but I am glad I do. Some days, like today, there are few submissions worth singling out for attention, and it is always nice to be able to read and remember something good. - Besides that, my spinning has recently brought three writers of quality back to the Literotica poetry forum, and that is more than enough justification for me!
note: There is now a thread titled "Two Poems" that invites you to do your own "spinning" and then report back on what you have found. - Try it, you just might like it! There are more good 'OLD' poems out there than 'NEW' ones, even on the best of days!

Today's Blast from the Past:
This work was posted in October of 2002, and I found this poem by Senna Jawa on the second spin. In this one SJ contemplates the aging process. :rose:
grayku
.
.
.
. . . . . . . .
fleas
. . . . . . . . get skis
. . . . . . . . my head's graying
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

wlodzimierz holsztynski ©
1995-10-17
***
Today I only found one poem by a familiar name, and unfortunately it is the only new submission that catches my attention. In Here I sit., Tristesse combines alliteration and assonance to make a fun, flowing and snappy read about . . . Well, just go see for yourself. :rose:

***

There are only eight other submissions, so if you have the time, you might go read them and see what you think.

***

standard fishy disclaimer:
Taste is always an individual thing so there certainly may be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka


To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats
 
Sixteen New Poems today, including a pile of new poets.

Here are my recommendations:

Are in love with ManRay? He's in love with you! His Poems about you... is a pleasantly plaintive piece, but his real hit today is the clever Locked Door, that uses layout and a subtle touch to take us into the bedroom.

eagleyez struggles with insomnia in Requiem for a Night's Sleep, a prosey poem that feels simultaneously sleepy and restless.

Liar is seduced with Smoke and Mirrors, which displays his trademark rollicking style but struggles to meld two different metaphors, IMO.

There are several new poets that need your encouragement. Say hello to:

Sealace, who offers an etymological epithalamic in Semi-paternal,

Mitzi36B, who laments his gender assignment in If Only...,

tonia0476, who muses on an absent lover in Your Body, Your Mind,

Miss Jordan, who recounts her affinity for a musician in The Guitar Men,

spanishamazon76, who Dreams of cunnilingus and

Roze_kisses, who has asked for advice on the simple verse Died for Love.
 
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 18, 2006

I have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest but I read ALL the poems posted today and found that it was a picture perfect day with illustrated poetry being the majority so I suggest you go and scroll down the list and read the fine poetry offered today with illustrations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pink and White Stripes by LuciousBi-Writes4U


an illustrated poem, pretty picture and words to match.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sexxy Vixen this poet has 6 illustrated poems post today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

encourage our poets, read/ vote/ comment and feedback (~_~)
 
Last edited:
I found only one illustrated work that I personally felt has a decent enough poem to go with its image--and it is a freaky image. I'm guessing it's a rubber doll. I hope it's a rubber doll. :D
Anyway, the final couple of lines are quite good.
Your Entrancing Face by Wandadollgirl
 
Back
Top