To Hunt the Wolf (Closed)

Nyte_mare

I am Your Nightmare
Joined
Oct 19, 2012
Posts
1,553
This story is Closed for LoganDarkHolme and myself​

Blackhollow, nothing more than a blip on the map, whether that map belong to a mercenary, a gypsy, a merchant, or travelling royalty. Blackhollow was not a place that one visited, let alone lived. Yet the town, that blip on the map, did have it's residences, as well as a Tavern, a church, even a healer, if one wanted to call the old drunk that. There were people that called Blackhollow home. There were people that just passed thru. And there were the monsters that seemed to roam, and flourish in the countryside, the forests, that surrounded Blackhollow. Remote, that was a good word to describe Blackhollow. Just the name alone was enough to send a weary travelor to the next town, which was some miles away.

She had been born here. The night she had come screaming into the world, the healer was not yet a drunk. No, that would come several years later, after his wife was slaughtered by the Beast. The Wolf. The WereWolf. The half Man, half Canine. But that is a story for later, or not at all actually. This is not about him, the Drunk that is. This is about her.

The night she came screaming into the world, her financee, was already 7 years old. Vharcan was a trouble maker from the very start. Headstrong, intelligent, wily, cunning, and strong. He cared less about the babe that had just been born, their love would not come until much later, much much later.

Vharcan had other things to think about. Hunting. Hunting for food, hunting for a game, hunting for the excitment, mattered not. He was a hunter, a predator, or so he liked to think he was. He was good. He was quite good actually, but in reality, he would not be good enough. Vharcan was 19, when he went on the hunt for the ulitmate Beast, the one that the people of Blackhollow, and the surrounding towns spoke about, always when within the safety of their own homes. This hunt, for the Werewolf....it would become an obsession for him. His hunt would not be successful that first time, nor many times thereafter. But the obsession never left him. He would hunt, find, and kill that Wolf.

Meren, Meren Rider, a simple name, for the babe that came screaming into that night, that cold winter night. Despite the frost, the darkness, the chill that hung in the air, she was a burst of heat. Flaming red hair, even as a babe, deep dark eyes, tinged in gold, and an attitude to match. She was fearless, Meren was. She would face anything, anyone. That was what had attracted Vharcan's attention. He was 22, she was 15, and... she was not afraid of him, like so many seemed to be. The Hunter had managed to garner himself quite the reputation.

Vharcan liked that.

By the time she was 20 and he 27, they were deeply in love, and quite the hunting team. He had used her natural fearlessness to cultivate the hunter deep inside of her. By now, they had either driven off, or caught and killed, several horrific monsters that had roamed the shadows surrounding their beloved Blackhollow. Beloved to them, it was home.

Monsters, wild beasts, even the criminals that sought to make Blackhollow home. All were prey to the Hunters, Vharcan and Meren.

But the one Beast that eluded both of them, the Werewolf, the Lycan, the Man whose blood was partially Wolven.

That Wolf was the one thing, the one creature, that Meren feared. Not for herself, no. She was as fearless as always. She feared for Vharcan, for his obsession to capture and kill the WereWolf was consuming him. She feared that he would make a mistake, that he would take one too many chances. She begged him to think first, to take a step back before again stalking the Wolf.

He refused.

The night that the howl had called to him, the night that Vharcan swore he would capture and slaughter the Wolf Beast, the night that he kissed her as he left, refusing to allow her to come with him, that night.......

He never returned.

Meren had found him the next morning. His throat ripped out, a look of pure horror in his so very dead eyes.

It was said her scream of rage and despair rivaled the howl of that very Beast of a Werewolf.

Vharcan was gone. Her entire life had been wrapped around him since she was 15, now, about to turn 21 and she was utterly alone. The only Man she had ever loved, ripped from her. Ripped from her by a Beast, a Beast that she swore, on Vharcan's grave, she would capture and make suffer.

Suffer as she was.

Feel the pain she felt.

She left the home she shared with Vharcan the night after what was left of Vharcan was laid to rest. She used the coin that she and he had saved up, saved for their marriage, saved for their life together, and purchased a rather large Keep, of a elder man that lived outside of the town she once called home. It was large by the standards of what Blackhollow had and was. The larger Keeps and homes more than often were found in the larger, more prosperous towns. But as much as Blackhollow was a blip on the map, it had it's wealthier people. This old man was one. He was dying, and the idea of his home being in the possession of such a lovely young lady as Meren, made him quite happy in his last days.

For her, the place was perfect, and she set to work turning the basement into the dungeon she would hold the Beast in when He was caught. Oh and He would be caught, she had made a promise to her Love, to Vharcan. She would catch the Wolf and make Him suffer.

She was a Hunter after all....


Meren:

tumblr_m88jzgjHxl1rd369ao1_500.jpg
 
Last edited:
His ear twitched……….glowing amber eyes alight with the power of the moon’s sway. A single thought, a need, a hunger……..blood………..need to feed…… It was like any other night, the beast needed to eat, to hunt, to stalk. Breathing was steady. Ears atop his head swiveled forward as a sound came to him. Soft giggling, a female’s voice, his Nostrils flared as he took in the scents of the forest. The sound of a man’s voice, light, teasing, he crept forward. Hidden in the brush and heavy foliage his eyes watched. Viktor knew they were from Blackhollow the beast wasn’t in complete control, he still was human. Well….after the centuries could he still call himself that? But they knew better then to come to his forest, they were young, but the scent of their blood, their sweat called to the wolf.

Same as it was every night, every hunt, Animal or person, blood was blood, and after all this time he reveled in the hot splash, the screams, the feel of their life as it seeped from their body. The spasm of their body as they fought till their last to free themselves from the beast but in the end they died. His ears twitched again and he moved. Closer, food…………Hungry, his night vision allowed him unhindered ability to see perfectly as he watched the two fall over onto a pile of leaves laughing. Viktor moved closer, crouching in the brush his tongue licked out over his muzzle.

The girlish giggling continued as the male stripped the girl and she in turn stripped him. A Grin spilt his muzzle as the two lovers teased each other and kissed. A low growl however broke the happy sounds as the girl sat up alarmed. The scent of fear washed the night air and the wolfish grin split wider still, a slow lick of tongue over K-9’s and muzzle another growl emanated into the night. That was all it took, the girl was on her feet and took off. The Echo of her screams carrying in the night about the legend being true but was quickly silenced with a blood curdling scream cut short in a bloody gurgle as her body fell. Head falling back as jaws locked harder into the raw bleeding remains of her throat.

The taste was exquisite, so pure, the girl had been a virgin, after all these years the differences in blood became as clear to him as a fine wine. Sickly, healthy, Virgin or whore, not one persons essence was the same and he savored it all, licking at the bloody neck the shrill paniced cry from the male she was with pierced the blood haze in his mind, his eyes flashed red as the crashing and frantic cries of the male as he stumbled and tripped trying to find his lost lover. But it was far to late for the boy to spot the hungry animal that had taken the girl from him before he too fell prey to the swift speed and power of the Dire wolf. Not even a cry of surprise was uttered as the boy hit the ground claws ripping into tender flesh, teeth ripping chunks of sinew and intestine as he fed.

The beastial haze left him after a while. Sated for its hunger Viktors tired weary body laid by a pond, deep in the forests he called home. He burped quietly to himself as he washed the blood from his body and face. Staring at his reflection in the water he looked to the moon, bathing in its beauty and radiance a low sated howl rose from deep within his chest the Hunt………..had been successful



Viktor
Wolfman.jpg
 
Human prey. Human.... prey.

Mere tossed the words around her mind over and over.

Human prey...

The Wolf was a hunter. A predator. To capture a predator, one had to think like a predator. That was what Vharcan had said. You have to think like a Wolf.

The couple, or more accurately, what remained for the couple, a young couple, had been discovered a full day after the killing. It was the morn, the sun had only just risen. Both fathers, panicked that their children had not returned, searching. They were to be married, the mother of the girl wailed. They were in love. At least they had died together, came the words that were supposed to provide comfort. But there would be no comfort for these families. Not once it was learned what had... happened.

The Beast, the Wolf, had hunted again.

Would anyplace be safe? And it seemed, no matter the hunting parties that formed, not matter how hard they tried. Catching and killing this Beast was seeming impossible. Mere had heard words "highly intelligent" and "Werewolf" tossed around. There were rumors that he lived among them in human form, and knew when they were hunting and when to elude them. There were stories told of the Wolf that walked as a Man, he coming into Blackhollow, to sate his appetite for human blood, for the fear, the screaming, the chase, and, for more..... carnal... pleasures.

And now, now there was the news of the couple. They had been foolish to venture so far from the village. Was he a Werewolf? Had he seen them when in human form, and stalked them in Wolf form? Was that why it was so easy for him??? And the female, had he.......... None wanted to think of that, none... dared.

Except Meren... Think like the Hunter. Think like the Predator. And this Predator was intelligent, cunning, wily, strong, and very very male.

Surely nothing was sweeter than tearing into the throat of a climaxing female, feeling her body spasm, and tasting the sweet, orgasmic flow of her blood.

The thought made Meren shiver, but someone had to think it. And she did. And, it was that, perhaps, that she would be able to use to capture this particular Beast. This Wolf. She was female. She was virginal. And she would have to use herself as bait.

Human prey... she would need to be that prey. There was no way in hell she would dare to put anyone else in jeapordy to catch the Wolf. She would have to do it herself.

She had everything ready. A cell in the dark basement of the Keep, with silver filled bars. Thick chains, of steel mingled with silver, so strong that not even the strongest horse could break. A collar of pure iron to tighten about His throat. And most importantly, the poison she had procured from a healer in the port city of Lynhaven. Not a poison that would kill, or even render the Beast unconscious. No. But it would weaken Him, just enough for her to get more of the potent liquid into his system. That, would confuse him, to a point that he would follow her every command then, while in that state. It would be short lived, often people used it to extract the truth from a prisoner, for it made the mind vulnerable. Being that she was doing this alone, it was perfect for what she needed. Oh yes, she had everything she needed. It wasn't much, just enough to hold him, until she was convinced he had suffered enough, then she had one crossbow bolt, made of pure, thick, silver. It would be that , that she would use to penetrate his heart. She would watch him die slowly. She was a ace with the crossbow, that pure silver would not miss it's mark.

She just needed to decide when.

Of course she knew when. When her own feminine body was at the height of it's heat. And that, was fast approaching.

This particular night, however, now that the furor over the slaughtered couple had died down, Meren set out to have dinner at one of the many taverns that had recently sprung up in Blackhollow. It seemed that since Vharcan had been killed, the human "prey", meaning the lowlifes, the criminals, that he and Meren would have hunted and driven out of town, had come back. It was funny, but they were not as afraid of the Wolf as the residences were.

Meren slowed, the shadows of the nearby buildings, this one was one of the newer Taverns that had sprung up in the area, slithered over her, almost hiding her from site completely, if it were not for her long, flaming red hair.

Why was she feeling such a chill suddenly gripping her? And even more importantly, why she was in the most remote part of Blackhollow, in the darkness? Was that why she had shied away from the more popular Taverns, and was heading to one of the more, secluded? Because she knew that if she were a WereWolf, a Predator, hunting for a human, perhaps a human female, alone, this was one of the places where said prey, said human, would be easiest to stalk, capture, and....... ??

She may not have been ready to hunt this night, but that did not mean she was not prepared... Her hand tightened on the small blade that she always carried upon her belt. It was pure silver, of course....coated with that needed poison. If the chill this night that suddenly gripped her, were him, she was certainly prepared....
 
Last edited:
Viktor stretched as he woke for the night. Shaking out his fur he rose and stretched again. Feeling several muscles pull and pop he moved out of his Den hidden deep in the darkness of the forest, raising his muzzle to the sky he let go a low haunting howl as the sun Set beneath the horizon. Amber eyes gazed to the sky as decisions mottled around in his mind. He was still well fed, the previous days kill more than enough to sate him for at least 3-4 days, and the beast was content. Another shiver trailed the wolfs body as the fur began to fade, seemingly just melting back into flesh, paws turned to hands and feet, Rising on two legs the muzzle melded away, the shift took only seconds leaving a naked man standing in its place. Amber eyes shifting, turning into a haunting icy blue hue that held no less malice then his beasts own gaze ,haunting eyes that could stare into the depths of your very soul.
The smooth line of his back bowed as he stretched yet once more, Muscles he hadn't used, a body that had been in animal form to long needed loosening up. a grin split Viktor’s lips, tonight was a good night to head into town. His blood hunger sated, now the male wanted something entirely different, but no less pleasing. Moving back into the cave he open the heavy trunk that he’d kept for his human belongings. Pulling out a pair of pants, and a fancy if not plain dress shirt and a heavy long flowing coat he dressed.

Moving through the trees in utter silence the sun had been down maybe 45 minutes when Viktor melded from the shadows on the edge of town. Having taken extra time to loop around the town and travel in on the main road so as to not look suspicious…or rather.. not completely suspicious to those who gave a questioning look to why a seemingly unarmed man would come into town with no horse. Viktor paid them no mind in the end as he moved around the bustle and hustle of the cities night life. The scents of the people, scents from the shops wafted around him his nose flaring as it took it in. Abruptly turning into an ally that led to the shady part of town, Icy eyes adjusting to the darkness quickly as the muffled sounds he’d heard grew louder.

Pressing his body to the wall he watched, a women, maybe 21-22 summers old struggling against the hold of a much older and much drunker male the sickening stench the man gave off stirred the beast. Not one to usually be picky about prey but not really known for having a conscience it too watched. The girls pitiful muffled begging and pleading falling on the drunks ears as the dress was torn about the girl’s body. Not even the low growl that came from the darkness stopped the drunk. But the girl heard it and the scent of fear washed heavy on the air as she screamed as best she could. Viktor stepped from the shadows of the ally. The girl seeing him tensed she saw the hot glare on his face but knew that his gaze was trained on the drunk. As the girls flesh was revealed by another rip of her dress Viktor’s hand lashed out a thick forearm wrapped around the drunk’s throat.

With a startled yell the drunk began to scramble to fight against the heavy grip that held him. Biting, kicking at anything he could reach only caused Viktor to snarl louder the pain not so much a bother as that of a mosquito the girl muttered a breathy thank you as she ran off Viktor shoved the drunk into the wall and pinned him there the heavy growl that resounded from deep within Viktor’s chest finally registering on the drunks face as he suddenly stilled like a deer that had heard something it didn't like.

“not that im one to talk” the deep rumbling bass of Viktor’s voice caressed the drunks face “but scum like you, shouldn't be allowed to live…..” Viktor was greeted by a sudden elbow to the face that jerked his head back with a vicious snap, but his hold on the drunk only tightened until the drunk could do nothing but concentrate on trying to breath “there are worse things out tonight that you should be afraid of, “ Viktor cranked the man’s head back then gave a sudden quick twist, the sickening pop of bone as the spine was severed from the head the body dropped to the ground turning without another thought Viktor felt his eyes shift to amber and closed them, taking a breath to ease his pulse his eyes shifted back to their icy blue.

“I need a drink….”

Viktor spoke to the darkness as he turned, shaking his head he moved, sniffing the air he moved off to the far side of town and slipped into one of the darker taverns and took a seat down near bar’s end where the light didn't quiet reach. Tossing a small sack of money on the bar he signaled the bartender for a drink
 
She may not have been ready to hunt this night, but that did not mean she was not prepared... Her hand tightened on the small blade that she always carried upon her belt. It was pure silver, of course....coated with that needed poison. If the chill this night that suddenly gripped her, were him, she was certainly prepared...

But... he was much too loud. Much, much too loud. There was no way in hell a Hunter, a Wolf, a Predator, would ever make this much noise, and Meren knew it. Oh she was being followed, she was being hunted, but not by a predator. She was being followed by a drunk. It took her only a moment, and a glance behind her, to confirm that fact. Who was it? Was it old Doc Maddox? He always drank a bit too much, and was well known for it. But another glance told her it was not. He was not known to her. More than likely one of the newcomers that had settled in town. One of those "undesirables" that she and Vharcan used to drive out.

Meren turned to confront the man.

"Hey baby, I don't want any trouble" he slurred with a leering smile on his face.

It took one flash of the blade she carried to dissuade him of his intentions. "okay... okay" he mumbled, turning down the alleyway. Meren grinned and turned away. He'd find another more... accepting... prospect soon enough, she knew. That was the other thing that Blackhollow was tending to attract these days. Where the undesireables went, the whores tended to follow.

What Meren did not know, as she rounded the corner, was that the drunk had indeed found another, but it was not a whore. She was just another of the original residences, who had agree'd to meet her husband outside one of the Taverns. She was unarmed and easy pickings for the drunk... or so he thought...

Meanwhile, Meren had settled at the far side of the bar at the dark, quiet Tavern that sat just on the edge of town. This particular one was smaller than a couple of the others that had sprung up recently. And this one did not offer rooms for rent. Those were a bit more, riskier, for a female to frequent when alone. These days, the men that came to those places often figured the lone females to be for sale, and even if told otherwise by said female, it often did not turn out well for her. And of course there was no such thing as rape. She was alone in a Tavern. Of course she was looking for sex. That was always the rant of the men.

This Tavern at least, did not have as "much" of that happening, given there were no rooms to use.

Meren sat alone, at the very end of the bar. She made it a point to not dress even remotely provocatively. Again, the least attention she got, the better. Most females wore, well peasant dresses, gypsy skirts, and the like. Meren, at this moment, was dressed in sable brown boys pants, that hugged her petite frame perfectly, and a forest green shirt. This topped with a leather vest. Her long, crimson red hair pulled back in a pony tail. She knew she got some looks from some of the guys she saw, given how she, being female, chose to dress. But she didn't care. The last thing she wanted was attention from men. She was so very alone. So alone it hurt. But she didn't care. She had a purpose in life...

To catch, torture, and kill that Wolf.

Nothing else mattered.

The bartender, an old man, Stan, had taken a liking to Meren. This was the one tavern she did frequent, for the reasons already explained. Stan smiled at the girl. "you ok?"

"Oh sure Stan, just one of those nights, you know what I mean"

He nodded.. "I surely do. Seems to be alot of... unsavories out tonight"

Meren nodded. "I'll just take some fresh bread, cheese, and an ale..."

"you got it."


Stan had only just set the food and ale down before her when another walked in. It was unusually quiet in this particular Tavern tonight. Besides Meren and the newcomer, there were a couple groups of men and a pair of women also in the Tavern, but they had chosen to sit in the main room near the fireplace, and not at the bar. Only Meren and the newcomer now sat at the bar.

She took a sideways glance at the man at the opposite end of the bar. It seemed they had something in common, being alone, and preferring to sit at the end, where the shadows tended to lurk.
 
Last edited:
As the waiter brought his drink Viktors eyes moved about the small bar. Taking in the quiet conversations, the naughty whispers of the girls in the mens ears, he just shook his head. While he was out looking for willing flesh his need for a good hard drink had won out after killing the drunk on the allyway. Viktor didn’t right care, he guess it could be argued he’d really had no conscious, with all the rumors, and whispers about a beast of the woods he knew the people were scared of the beast, of him…..but…..well…..they didn’t need to know that he walked among them, heard their whispers, their fears, and reveled in the power it gave him.

Viktor felt eyes on him as his ear twitched. Turning his gaze his head tilting slightly, the firelight catching the icy hue of his eyes almost making them sparkle in essence he reguarded the young women who gazed at him. A small smile curved his lips as he breathed in, drawing in the scents of the room, sorting them in his mind, bartender, drunk, man who hadn’t bathed in days, till he found her scent, fresh, unhurried. However what really caught his attention was that she was utterly calm, in a dark place like this she held herself high and it intrigued him. His head tilted slightly, eyes moving slowly over the clothing she wore, while not loose fitting, still managed to hide enough to leave a man wondering what lay beneath.

As he tipped back his drink the females attention turned away, his keen hearing picking up soft uttered words

"you ok?"

"Oh sure Stan, just one of those nights, you know what I mean"

“I surely do. Seems to be alot of... unsavorys out tonight"

“I'll just take some fresh bread, cheese, and ale..."

"you got it."

Viktor archd a brow as he looked to his empty glass, motioning for another, his eyes returning to the girl then to another Male as he staggered towards her. Viktor rose slowly, the lean and lear the male gave the girl all to reminiscent of the one he’d just killed outside. What really caught his attention was the girls hand had gone to her side………she was armed??? Viktor wasn’t sure but he moved non the less. Stepping up to the man he tapped him on the shoulder.

“Excuse me, but your in my seat, and that’s my wife your leering at”

The drunk half turned, long enough to only really glance at him but not register who It was but the drunk made a wave away gesture with his hand Get lost bud, I think ill show the pretty lady what a real man has got there was a wave of laughter from the table only a few chairs down as they listened, Viktor’s eyes darkened as he was brushed off and he tapped the male on the shoulder again

“I wasn’t asking you, I was telling you to move…………”

The Drunk slammed his hand down on the bar with a force that made the bartender back up to the wall and turned to square off. Stopping he gazed up, Viktor towering over the man by almost a full head Viktor crossed his arms over his chest, his size and very presence just seemed to loom over the male.
whoas, you’re a big one aint ya, whats wrong, aint got enough in ya to be a man had to count on size eh? without warning the drunk threw a lowball uppercut that caught Viktor square on the chin but only succeeded in snapping his head back before his head lowered back down, a rage and fire burning in his eyes. Viktor lifted a hand, wiping a small smattering of blood off his lip and looked at it the laughter In the room had grown to a hush, Ole swinger’s friends realizing that their buddy just made a huge mistake had enough brains to stay out of it.

“you ever see………a..tiger?, or another exotic animal ever trapped in a cornor friend?” Viktor stated as he stared the drunk before him down “they know they’ve got two options……….die…..or fight threw what trapped it…………guess what…..tonight just isn’t your night……” Viktors hand lashed out, wrapped around the males throat and slammed him face first into the bar, the crunch of bone echoing in the sudden stillness that the swift action caused. Looking to Meren he grabbed her ale “sorry Miss, need to borrow this” as he yanked the male’s face off the bar he smashed the glass into the mans face and sent him spinning towards the door. In three Steps Viktor was back on him, leaning down and picking the man up he reached for the door and slung it open, with a grunt he chucked the drunk out the door and slammed it.

Turning immediately to the table of guys he’d expected at least one of them to come to their friends defense, but a single long glare from Viktor everyone at the table just raised their hands in a silent “I don’t want any trouble” gesture Turning viktor moved and sat back at the bar a seat over from Meren and tossed a few coins on the bar

“Stan, sorry for the mess, and theres enough in there to cover the ladys ale if you’d be so kind”

Viktor tilted his head towards Meren’s direction which the bartender immediately picked up on and poured her a new drink

“My apologies Miss………..”his voice a low timbre, sultry, hot, promising all the wicked things a night could offer a girl looking for sex”I loathe men who cant behave themselves………." which was a total lie if they only knew
 
Last edited:
Meren had turned her attention back to her newly arrived ale and food, when she heard the tell tale shuffling of someone approaching. It was funny, but she did not have to even turn and look to know it was yet another drunk. What was it about tonight? Was it a full moon or something? Or were people just freaked out over the recent killing of that young couple and were drowning their fears in drink? Perhaps, but these men were just obnoxious, and certainly not the "drown our fears" types.

It was more than likely just her luck of the night.

Meren did not turn fully to look at the man that was coming toward her and gods only knew what he was mumbling under his breath. Something pitifully obscene she was sure. She let her right hand slide slowly to the hilt of the dagger, it sheathed along her beltline, deftly hidden by the leather vest she wore. Hopefully he would take no for an answer and toddle off to bother someone, anyone else.

The thing was, Meren also saw the man at the opposite end of the bar get to his feet. Great, was she going to have to deal with the 2 of them? Altho the 2nd guy, and my oh my he was imposing, now that he drew closer, was not in the least bit drunk. Meren could easily see that.

The drunk was about to slobber something at her, and she was about to answer, when the larger man, and, gods, did he have striking blue eyes, stepped up, a light tap to the drunk's shoulder.

Meren nearly fell off her seat at the words she heard him say.

“Excuse me, but your in my seat, and that’s my wife your leering at”

What???!!!

Don't misunderstand, she knew exactly why he said it, and in truth, Meren appreciated it. It had been a long time since someone stood up for her, or more accurately, since anyone even cared enough to go to any length to protect another, especially a female.

Everything after that happened so fast.

The drunk protesting, slurring, but protesting.

“I wasn’t asking you, I was telling you to move…………”

The punch thrown, the drunk's friends snickering, one of the women that had come in whistling and egging the drunk on. "Go ahead Bart, I know you can take 'em" Even her words were a bit slurred.

“you ever see………a..tiger?, or another exotic animal ever trapped in a corner friend?”

“they know they’ve got two options……….die…..or fight threw what trapped it…………guess what…..tonight just isn’t your night……”


It was over moments later, the drunk slammed to the bar, her own ale, with an apology... “sorry Miss, need to borrow this” ... from the blue eyed man, smashed over his head and he unceremoniously tossed out to the street. And through out the whole thing, Meren never flinched. Most other women would have cringed back into the corner, or cowered away from the fight. Not Meren, she watched calmly, coolly, her own hand never leaving that hilt of her dagger.

She turned, just as he did, to look at the table full of the drunk's friends. They were not friends anymore. Not a one would even dare to come to his defense, or challenge the big, blue eyed man.

Was all this over her? Some would be embarrassed. Meren could have easily handled the drunk man herself. But, again, she was thankful she did not have to.

The soft metallic clinging of several coins coming to rest on the bar turned her attention back to the situation at hand.

“Stan, sorry for the mess, and there's enough in there to cover the lady's ale if you’d be so kind”

The old Bartender, who had watched the entire event with more fear and surprise in his eyes than Meren't gaze held, nodded. Another ale poured and placed before his favorite customer. "Like you said Meren, one of those nights" he quipped.

He was already pouring another drink for the gentleman as well.

“My apologies Miss………..”

”I loathe men who cant behave themselves………."


"Meren" she answered quickly, nodding to his words. "my name is Meren, I prefer that to miss, thank you"

She took another glance to the now very quiet table.

"It seems there are plenty of men on the prowl tonight who just can not seem to behave themselves these days" she admitted, her dark eyes, tinged in glittering gold, turned to him.

"You sure do know how to handle yourself in a fight, that's for sure" she canting her head slightly as she regarded him, taking him all in. The crimson tendrils of her pony tail fluttering over her shoulder as she did so.

He was built bigger than Vharcan ever was. Vharcan had been a mere 6 feet. This man had to be topping 6'2". He was unfamiliar to her, mostly. She may have seen him around town a time or two, but she just was not sure. More than likely he was a loner, perhaps a newcomer, and more than likely as unsavory as the rest, even if he did not act it. There was something about him that reminded her of her dead love. The way he moved. Silent, predatory, with determination and purpose. That was one thing she had always loved about Vharcan. This man had that same air about him. That, and something else she just could not seem to put her finger on.

"and... Thank you. " Meren offered. "It is not often you find a man willing to come to the.... rescue if you will, of a woman they do not know. Not in Blackhollow at least. And even tho I could have handled him myself, I do thank you for stepping in, it was appreciated."
 
Last edited:
"Meren, my name is Meren, I prefer that to miss, thank you"

Viktor’s eyes followed Meren’s as she looked over at the table of people who suddenly just looked down into their own drinks. Reaching out he took the drink the Bartender had poured for him and took a swig from it, his eyes going back to Meren as he set the glass down, his nose flaring as he breathed in he took in the girls scent, arching a brow just slightly…..her scent held a familiarity, but it was an old scent, something forgotten, and he wasn’t just able to place it.

"It seems there are plenty of men on the prowl tonight who just cannot seem to behave themselves these days"

Viktor grinned to her words, his eyes roaming over the smooth curves of her body before settling back on her face, the almost golden tinge to her eyes again peaked his curiosity, he hadn’t missed that in the fight not once did she flinch or even blinked, it took a long taught skill and years of fighting to master that emotion, and again he wondered himself who she was. He’d never seen her in town before, well, that he could recall, but as he looked to his 2nd? 3rd? empty glass of ale he released the spirits where probably hitting him a little hard since he didn’t normally drink let along this many in this short of time.

"You sure do know how to handle yourself in a fight, that's for sure"

Viktor’s laugh was deep, rumbling his eyes twinkling as he settled, looking at his empty glass he waved stan away as he came to refill his glass but took the hint

“when you grow up with 5 brothers you learn to fight quickly or get picked on constantly, How about you beautiful, I couldn’t help but notice your demeanor, you’re a girl whose seen combat, or…at least seen horrors that have numbed you to other things………”

Viktor lifted the dagger he’d seen and taken from the girl, holding it up for inspection

“beautiful dagger………….i saw your hand go to it when the other man approached you…….dont see to many women who carry a weapon……..”

As he breathed Viktor caught the scent off the blade……poisen………it wrinkled his nose slightly and he flipped the dagger around in his palm and carefully handed it back to Meren hilt first

"and... Thank you…….. It is not often you find a man willing to come to the.... rescue if you will, of a woman they do not know. Not in Blackhollow at least. And even tho I could have handled him myself, I do thank you for stepping in, it was appreciated."

That Feral grin was back on his face as he tilted his head, amusement glinting in his eyes as he reached over and strokes his fingers lightly over the back of her palm

“its quiet alright sweet Meren, its said that Chivalry is dead, but I was raised to respect women and all the wonders they can offer to a worthy man”

His voice was quiet seduction, his eyes seemingly to glow with desire and need, the icy blue gaze only reflected the low candle light

“perhaps……..find a place..quieter to talk? Better food and drink by loan candle light ?”
 
“when you grow up with 5 brothers you learn to fight quickly or get picked on constantly, How about you beautiful, I couldn’t help but notice your demeanor, you’re a girl whose seen combat, or…at least seen horrors that have numbed you to other things………”

5 brothers. For some reason, that made Meren smile. She had always wanted to be part of a big family. Always wished she had. And she and Vharcan had talked, in length, of her desire to have lots of children. She loved the idea of brothers, sisters. You would always have someone that way. Always. You would never be alone... never .. be.. alone...

As for combat, and horrors, that was an understatement. And Meren was not even sure she could answer that part of his statement.

"5 brothers. That must have been a fun childhood" she said, deciding she would not answer the remainder of his query.

The words trailed off as her eyes widened. He was holding her dagger... HER DAGGER.. the one tipped with poison. How the hell had he.........

“beautiful dagger………….I saw your hand go to it when the other man approached you…….dont see to many women who carry a weapon……..”

She was about to demand it back when he deftly flipped it over and handed it to her, handle first. Her own slender fingers wrapping around it as she took it, tips brushing his much larger, rougher fingers.

"Well, I am unlike most women" she quipped, the dagger easily slid back to it's hilt. "I am a bit... disturbed.. perhaps more with myself, that you were able to lift that from me without notice. I will make sure to pay more attention next time"

"And... Thank you…….. It is not often you find a man willing to come to the.... rescue if you will, of a woman they do not know. Not in Blackhollow at least. And even tho I could have handled him myself, I do thank you for stepping in, it was appreciated."

“its quite alright sweet Meren, its said that Chivalry is dead, but I was raised to respect women and all the wonders they can offer to a worthy man”

There was something about him. Something she could not quite put her finger on. And she wasn't all that sure she liked it. Meren had been alone now for some time. Purchasing and getting the Keep ready, and just trying to get her own nerves under control so that she could pull off this hunt and capture of the Beast she so wanted to kill. He was so very handsome, and charismatic, and strong. She liked the strength she sensed about him. She could not deny that.

And clearly, he was alone too..

“perhaps……..find a place..quieter to talk? Better food and drink by loan candle light ?”

The question caught her off guard.

A quieter place to talk. The thought was actually... appealing. Meren had no one. Had not had anyone to even really talk to in a very long time. So many of the men who did approach her were as obscene as the drunks she had encountered tonight. He was so different than that.

"Ok... " she heard herself answer. "I think I would like that" And with that, Meren slipped her small, delicate hand, into his offered larger one and got to her feet. She nodded to Stan, who gave her a worried look. A wink let him know she would be ok. There was still something about him, tho. Something dark.

"You know, I don't believe you told me your name... "

They stepped out into the night. In the alleyway just beside the tavern, a couple of men, one of them old Doc Maddox.. "I'll send a couple of my sons over to retrieve the body" he matter of factly stated to the other man. Both men paused to look at Meren and the man she was with. They knew her. Him, they did not.

"not another one" Meren whispered, thinking that she had just now missed an opportunity to capture the Wolf.

"What? Oh no, this was just a simple attack, neck broken, more than likely a fight over a whore that turned ugly. I found some ripped clothing and signs of a struggle." This came from the other man with Doc Maddox.

She nodded, with a sigh of relief, her hand actually gripping his tighter as she had asked the question.

"Let's just go"
she said to him.. death was nothing something she really wanted to have to think about, again...
 
"5 brothers. That must have been a fun childhood"

Viktor quickly took notice he she just ignored the question he posed to her about his own past but he just smiled and let it go. As they walked into the night air he took in a breath and let it go. Smiling as the scent of the city came to him and he looked to the moon above, closing his eyes, his beast was awake, and while sated still he felt that pull, the call to mate, to take the women, to make her scream his name, a shudder passed through his body that had he not been wearing a coat had raised goosebumps on his skin, turning he smiled to Meren as they walked

"Well, I am unlike most women, but I am a bit... disturbed.. perhaps more with myself, that you were able to lift that from me without notice. I will make sure to pay more attention next time"

“You have good senses, but I couldn’t help notice you are easily distracted by the moment and loose focus, after I sat back down you turned to look at the table that gentlemen I threw out had been sitting at, your dagger shown from beneath your coat, and there was enough space between the leather thong you had it in and your body I was able to slip it from you without you feeling it”

Mentally Viktor kicked himself, why had he told her that? She was easy prey and her distractions made it all the easier, Viktor frowned to himself then shook his head, the calm smile slipping back onto his face as they walked

"You know, I don't believe you told me your name... "
He blinked, a gentle smile he knew better then to give his real name, wether or not the myths and legends or passing whispers he feared of anyone finding out his name, with cool grace he just introduced himself “Eric, Eric Gosrend, sorry for my lack of manners,” he smiled his ear twitching he felt Meren turn as he heard the voices of several men talking

"not another one"

Viktor arched a brow, oh he knew very well how this particular man had died, but he wasn’t about to volunteer that information to the apparent Doctor, or the constable that was with him. Instead he turned his head to meren “Murder happen around here often?” his voice had the slight uplilt of a question to it as if he was not from around here and didn’t know about anything else. At Meren’s request they just turned and walked away from the scene, feeling Meren grasp his arm slightly tighter then relax he smiled down at her, flexing his arm for her.

“Don’t worry, ill protect you”

He smiled down at her, as the lights of the city square grew brighter Viktor looked around, “so, considering it would seem I ruined your dinner, where would you like to go? Sadly im not from around here so I have no home to offer you and was gunna find a room to rent for the night at one of the more…well..Nicer taverns, my cousin said he’d be back to pick me up come mornings dawn
 
“Don’t worry, ill protect you”

He was gallant. How refreshing.. she thought to herself.

"No worries there, I am quite able to protect myself."


At least she liked to think so.

"I have been alone for some time"

Now why the hell did she tell him that? Wasn't that just making her look weak and vulnerable? Well, then again, most of Blackhollow, other than the newcomers, knew she lived alone now. Not that she was an easy mark in the large Keep she now lived in. Again, most of Blackhollow knew she could pretty much take care of herself, at least that was what she lead them to believe. A female living alone was never a good thing. But they knew of her loss. They knew she once hunted with Vharcan. They knew she was no "weakling" female. And again, she would facilitate that image. It helped keep her safe.

Eric had no real idea of that, obviously. And again, it was kind of refreshing to her that he would even offer to protect her. It had been a long time since she heard those words.

“so, considering it would seem I ruined your dinner, where would you like to go? Sadly im not from around here so I have no home to offer you and was gunna find a room to rent for the night at one of the more…well..Nicer taverns, my cousin said he’d be back to pick me up come mornings dawn."

Well, she would not have accepted an offer to go to his home anyways, even if he had one. And she was not about to invite him to the large Keep on the hill.

"Nicer Taverns..." she mused. Blackhollow had become a stopping place for people, merchants, hunters, travelers, that were making their way to the coast to the west of here. Again especially since she and Vharcan had stopped driving out the more, shady, people that tended to show up. Now, several Taverns had sprung up, obviously some nicer than others.

"It's not like I frequent many of the taverns here, other than Stan's" she acknowledged. "But I do know that The Running Stallion Tavern is better than most, say like The Stuck Pig, which is just awful. It all depends on what you are really looking for Eric. Dinner and a drink, The Stallion, a whore for the night, you go to The Pig.... Now, you can rent a room anywhere you like, but let's go to the Stallion for food. It is on the other side of town" she indicated the direction with a slight nod of her head.

He was so different. Even in the way he walked. It was not lost on Meren that this man, Eric, Eric Gosrend, did not miss anything that was going on around him. Even as he moved, his stance was predatory, he aware of everything. Alot like Vharcan had been, but Eric was even more so. Maybe that was what attracting her to him. He certainly reminded her alot of her Love. Perhaps not so much in looks, but in attitude, status, the way he moved, spoke, and held himself.

"What is it you do Eric? What brings you to Blackhollow of all places? Are you, as most, heading toward the Coast? Or do you seek to hunt the Beast that haunts us, as many who come here do?"

She was curious. She wanted to catch that damned Wolf more than anybody. The thought of the Beast made Meren take a look up at the night sky and the moon that hung over them and the town. Havnig an ally to help her with catching the Beast was not a foreign thought. She had considered it, more than once. But she did not trust a whole lot of people here in Blackhollow, nor did she want to put anyone else in harm's way. But Eric, he had "Hunter" written all over him... perhaps........
 
"No worries there, I am quite able to protect myself, I have been alone for some time"

Viktor’s brow arched as he listened to her talk. It had caught him by surprise that she admitted she was alone, Although he could not smell any other scents on her but her own and the linger scent of the town he frowned again. Her scent, as he’d allowed himself to forget from earlier again returned to him, curiously familiar to him, or seemed to be. But again, with as many people as he’d killed scent’s were almost dulled to him of those he’d spent so much time around. Perhaps he was getting careless? He felt like he should remember why her scent seemed to trip something in his memory but again it was a fog and he couldn’t quiet place it.

"Nicer Taverns... It's not like I frequent many of the taverns here, other than Stan's………Now, you can rent a room anywhere you like, but let's go to the Stallion for food. It is on the other side of town"

Viktor just nodded and shrugged, not like he cared much about where there was food, when he could have a bite out of anyone around him at his leisure, absently Viktor realized through the Ale induced haze he was letting himself become comfortable around this girl. And well, not he hadn’t forgotten why he really was here, to find a girl to screw………..but………………again his mind kept curling back around to the girl he walked with as he nodded and they began walking to the otherside of the small town., Rubbing his hand over his face and shaking his head he picked up that Meren was asking him a question, blinking he looked to her

“uhhh…..im sorry, the ahh.. Ale seems to be hitting me harder then I thought, what did you say beautiful?”

"What is it you do Eric? What brings you to Blackhollow of all places? Are you, as most, heading toward the Coast? Or do you seek to hunt the Beast that haunts us, as many who come here do?"

Viktor blinked, and looked at her a second before he smiled, soft, seductive, stretching as they walked he made note they were almost to the Tavern she mentioned as they came to the door he opened it and let her walk first, his eyes falling to her ass as she moved and sat at a table, which he quickly joined her, the sounds, smells of the Tavern coming to him, cleaner, not nearly as dank. The tavern and the people within it seemed cleaner, the food smelled better and Viktor was surprised……but this was his first time here…….

“uhh me? I work as a Farm hand and plantation manager for the Goddness Household west of here about 10 miles” Viktors smooth smile was back, looking around he took the place in, nose flaring as he scented the room, then looked back to Meren

“what about you hun? Whats beauty like you do for work? I would guess dancer? You certainly have the body for it? Singer maybe?” he smiled
 
“uhh me? I work as a Farm hand and plantation manager for the Goddness Household west of here about 10 miles”

They had arrived at the Stallion and were already seated near the fire when he answered.

The Goddness Household. Why did that ring a bell? Meren thought for a moment. Hadn't Vharcan mentioned that place before? Something about it was a haven for the worst of the worst when it came to the scum, criminals, and lowlives that tended to travel this way on their way to the port cities? Had he even mentioned monsters? Beasts?

“what about you hun? Whats beauty like you do for work? I would guess dancer? You certainly have the body for it? Singer maybe?”

His words interrupted her train of thought, which may have been a good thing, or bad, considering.

"me?" she paused. Well, at the moment, she did nothing. She had earned, along with Vharcan, a good chunk of coin when hunting, which she had saved. She had used only a part of that to purchase the Keep she now owned, the nice old man selling it to her for a "song"... She had plenty left. And considering that she hoped to just end her life after killing the Wolf that had slaughtered Vharcan, she had no need to earn any more.

Meren could not help the blush that colored her cheeks tho, at the thought of being a dancer or singer.

"I appreciate the compliment" she felt the heat deepen just a bit... "but no, no dancer or singer for me. Actually, I was a hunter. Well, I guess you could say I still am a hunter, just have not had the chance to hunt for a bit of time"... she would not bore this stranger with the details, not that she wanted to think about them anyways.

Meren had to admit, it felt good to actually have someone to talk to. And strangely enough, she liked that it was a stranger, not someone who knew what happened or felt sorry for her. She was tired of that. It did nothing to make her feel better and in reality, only made her feel worse. This guy had no idea what had happened and she liked that. Never mind that he was so damned handsome. It only served to make Meren realize how lonely she had been since Vharcan's death.

This particular Tavern had a couple of serving wenches, a sign that they were a bit "higher class" if one could call it that, than the others.

The girl was clean, well, relatively, at least. A buxom blonde with bright blue eyes. She came sauntering over, quite obviously taken with "Eric", given the girl could not stop staring at him.

"Drinks? Food? We have an excellent pork stew tonight" she offered, staring at the handsome man. Meren thought it was quite entertaining to watch, truth be told. The wench was practically falling all over herself. Seems there had been a shortage of handsome men as of late.

"tell you what..." she smiled to both of them, Meren was shocked the wench even knew she was there. "I'll go fetch you both a couple of Ale's, and some of our fresh bread while you decide. Oh and remember... " she leaned down to Eric/Viktor... "I could be your dessert for a price"... The wench was brazen, to make an offer like that even while he sat with a woman right there in front of her. But it was more than obvious, even to the casual eye, that they were not "together" and the wench knew Meren and knew the girl had not taken another since the death of her Lover. So the offer was quite normal, in reality. The Stallion, like most other Taverns, always offered the wenches for sale, right along with the food and drink. Meren shook her head with a smile. More than glad at this moment that she never had to resort to anything like this to live.

Once the girl had left to fetch the drinks, Meren leaned over to quietly whisper... "I hear she is a fireball in the sack. If you are looking for some action, go for it"... It was funny, but Meren talked like a guy would. She did not dress like a woman most of the time, now she did not act like one. She was more "one of the guys".... Vharcan loved that about her, always had. Meren refused to be like the women she saw.
 
"I appreciate the compliment, but no, no dancer or singer for me. Actually, I was a hunter. Well, I guess you could say I still am a hunter, just have not had the chance to hunt for a bit of time"...

That stilled Viktor, his eyes sharpening, the wolf inside him waking at the alarm that rang through Viktor’s body……hunter…….the term woke a memory…….as he inhaled her scent it tinged deep in his consciousness,…….hunter…………his brow furrowed as he looked to the girl, she couldn't be serious? She was a bare strip of nothing. Viktor’s eyes ran over her body, but he couldn't help but note while not outwardly appearing strong her muscles had definition and tone or someone who trained or at least had done a lot of physical labor……..Viktor’s eyes drifted back up to her the girls face, with a shake of his head he decided to just ignore the though for now. Even here, her wouldn't risk exposing himself.

Viktors head turned as a beautiful young women walked up to them. Obviously the serving wench Viktor relaxed back against the chair he was sitting in, chain slung non-chalantly over the chairs back he looked to the girl, his gaze traveling her body in a quick once over and he resisted the urge to lick his lips. The beast was awake, and staring through his eyes to the girl. It liked her scent, food the beast thought and eric closed his eyes for a moment baying the beast..

"Drinks? Food? We have an excellent pork stew tonight"

Viktor couldn’t ignore the scent of the girls arousal as it spiked hard. He turned to look at her, a slow, sly grin spread across his face, it was charming, and promising all at the same time, he nearly laughed as the girl studdered, and flushed a deep red. Obviously the girl had no sense of self preservation Viktor quietly through to himself.

"tell you what... I'll go fetch you both a couple of Ale's, and some of our fresh bread while you decide. Oh and remember... "

Viktor laid on the charm as he smiled at the girl, reflexively though he felt the girl move beside him his hand coming up he caught the girls chin before he realized what he’d done, turning to look at the surprise on her face Viktor had to force himself to keep from ripping her throat out, the scent of her blood stronger as she neared but instead he leaned in and kissed her, nothing to impolite, just a quick peck as she mumbled I could be your dessert for a price".

The bass timbre of his voice was alluring, promising but he turned the girls head to look at Meren as he spoke “I appreciate the offer love, I do, but you see this beauty across the table from me? Its rather rude for you to insult my guest while she sits here before me” He turned and kissed the girl again as his hand fell away from her chin and he pulled back leaving the girl standing there dumbfounded then she stuttered, a quick “im sorry” and swiftly made her way away from their table to the back to get their food, Viktor turned his head as he Heard Meren Speak

"I hear she is a fireball in the sack. If you are looking for some action, go for it".

A deep rumbling laugh greeted her words and again his eyes were twinkling with mischief as he spoke, leaning forward on the table his hands folded all proper like he grin wider

“while I appreciate the vote of confidence, I find myself enjoying my currently company far more then some quick bed maiden could ever provide” Viktor licked his lips provocatively and grinned more “if anything, I think you would taste far better”

Viktor sat back as the girl came scrambling back with two mugs and a plate of hot bread, Viktor grinned again “ill have a steak, thick, and rare, and you love?” Viktors eyes turned to Meren
 
Last edited:
"I hear she is a fireball in the sack. If you are looking for some action, go for it".

“while I appreciate the vote of confidence, I find myself enjoying my currently company far more then some quick bed maiden could ever provide” Viktor licked his lips provocatively and grinned more “if anything, I think you would taste far better”

“if anything, I think you would taste far better”

That phrase caught Meren off guard. Sure she had expected flirting perhaps. It was obvious he was attracted to her, why even bother going to dinner with her or speaking with her if there were not an attraction. Her attraction to him was mutual. So, sure, she expected a bit of flirting.

But that phrase, the chosen words, the way he allowed his tongue to languidly lick his lips just before he made that comment. It was unnerving. It was chilling almost. And Meren found her guard suddenly going up. Yet, she also found herself trembling, ever so slightly. The words he chose having such a strange effect on her. Fear, with a mingling of Lust. He was strong, he was confident, he was so sure of himself. He was.... a Predator... That word fit him so well, she thought. Even more so now, after his turn of phrase.

She had always thought that Vharcan was a Predator. But Meren was suddenly realizing that Vharcan's strength was more of a guise. He had been so handsome he was almost pretty. He had been so confident, it was almost annoying. Meren was realizing now, that perhaps alot of what Vharcan was, had been a guise, had been a ruse. Sure, he was a great hunter, there was no doubting that, at least until the end. But this man, Eric... there was something so utterly different about him. His strength, his confidence, was genuine. There was no ruse or guise about it. He was not as "pretty" handsome as Vharcan had been. But there was something about his looks that almost drew her in. Rough, dangerous, almost Animal....

“I'll have a steak, thick, and rare, and you love?”

Meren, lost in her thoughts, had not even realized that the wench had returned. She heard his words, felt his eyes turn to her. That was another thing about him... she could feel the heat of his stare, as if he were roaming his hands all over her, yet it was only his eyes.

"I take a bowl of the stew, please" she managed to answer, not looking at the wench at all, her own eyes, sparkling, gleaming, captured within his.

The wench nodded. Even she could see that the man wanted to jump all over girl he was sitting opposite of. She had seen that look of pure lust more than once in her life. The girl was lucky, she thought to herself. He was built, handsome, could probably provide well. She took a glance at the girl. They would have gorgeous babies, she again thought to herself before turning to make her way to the kitchen.

Her thoughts were tumbling around in her mind. Twisting... turning... Should she? Should she allow herself to get drawn in? Allow herself the pleasure she knew she would feel by sleeping with him?

One thing Meren was, was still fearless. That had been one thing that Vharcan had loved about her, even when she had been nothing but a kid in his eyes. Her fearlessness.

But, she was still virginal.

Meren knew that once the Wolf was captured and killed, she would end her own life, maybe.... maybe this was the one chance to experience the one pleasure she never had. The one pleasure she always desired. It would not be with Vharcan as she had wanted. But, she liked the fact that, again, Eric was not from here, and was not staying here. This, and he.. would be the perfect opportunity.... now wouldn't it.....

And... there was something about him, she was deeply attracted to...

"perhaps..... " she leaned closer to him... "You will find out just how I do... taste..."
 
Last edited:
Viktor watched, Drinking his ale he idly swirled It around his mug, his eyes picking up the fine tremors that ran down her arms and body, he tilted his head to one side briefly a smile curling his lips, the spike of lust that rose in the air telling him all he needed to know. She wanted him, that shouldn’t have satisfied him as much as it did; he only came here looking for a single night of pleasure to sate the man within him. But the beast was awake, alert, and it shocked him as a single word from the beast rattled across his mind Mine Viktor closed his eyes but continued smiling as his body heated and hardened and licked his lips as he set his Mug aside, baying the beast to rest. In the middle of town if he shifted or even showed signs he would either frighten people or they’d turn on him and hunt him. Not that he was worried; there wasn’t a person in this town that could hurt him since he killed the last Hunter to cross him.

"perhaps..... You will find out just how I do... taste..."

Viktor’s body jerked and he forced himself to take another drink from his mug as a low growl emanated from his chest but was silenced by the Ale washing down his throat, which naturally caused him to choke and start coughing which inwardly he was thankful for. Clearing his throat he set his mug aside and wiped his mouth clean “umm, sorry, drank to fast” he flashed her a grin, leaning forward he was about to say something truly wicked when the smell of food hit him and he looked over to see the waitress with their food. Choosing to wait Viktor sat back as the plates were placed before them. Licking his lips he smiled and picked up his knife and fork and began cutting into the dripping meat. It was tender, and still red, the way he liked it. He’d make a note to make this a permanent stop for him when he returned to town.

Savoring the meat he closed his eyes briefly “this is great, good call hun” he smiled as he looked to Meren. Not much else was said between them as they ate. A pitcher or two or ale later viktor sat back and burped silently into his arm, patting his stomach. He growled approval at the meal and looked to his beauty across from him………his beauty? Viktor rubbed a hand over his face and shook his head where did that come from? Viktor pulled a small pouch from his hip and laid it on the table

“for the meal”

The wench nodded and picked up the pouch, nod bothering to count the money she just grinned at him and winked before trotting off. Rising from his chair Viktor slung the coat around and let it slide into place. Tugging the cuffs of the jacket he settled the coat into place on his body, offering a hand he Helped Meren rise from her chair.

“although it is late Lady Meren, shall we walk? Or is there another place you have in mind?” as she rose from her chair he leaned down to place a sweet kiss to her cheek before rising back to his full height. Moving through the tables he made his way to the door, opening it for meren she stepped through then he followed out into the night air. Stretching Viktor took in a breath, happy to be back out in the night, looking around the streets for the most part had cleared out. Only the tavern patrons still out and about, and the few rambling drunks. Viktor leaned back against the Tavern wall as he looked to Meren, even in the dark his eyes could see her perfectly,

Viktor was about to speak again when the heavy sound of a gun’s hammer being pulled back caught his attention and Viktor cursed, they weren’t alone……..and he hadn’t been paying attention enough to realize it as a group of men lead by the drunk whos ass he kicked approached them, one had a pistol drawn and aimed at him. Viktors smile vanished as he stepped up, an arm out he pushed Meren behind him, a protective gesture

“you made me look foolish in front of me friends, “ the drunk said, his face still bandaged and his nose packed. Viktor canted his head to one side and grinned “hows the nose bud? Looking for round two?” The drunk growled out a Get him and the fight was on, As viktor got tackled by one man he felt Meren move from behind him but he wasn’t able to concentrate as his attention was on the man on top of him and Viktor started fighting
 
“although it is late Lady Meren, shall we walk? Or is there another place you have in mind?”

A walk sounded perfectly divine to her. Meren loved walking the town, loved walking the woods that surrounded the town. She always loved the outdoors. If it weren't for the threat of the Wolf, she would walk more than she already did. How many nights, when sleep would not come, has she longed to walk in the woods, to make her way to the river, or the waterfall, in the middle of the night, when the moon was high? But she never dared. To do so, meant almost certain death. The only "safe" place at night was in town, and preferably not alone. Meren felt more than safe with Eric/Viktor. So the idea of a late walk was perfect...

"I would love to take a walk"...


She has stepped close to him, the slightest cant to her head as she looked up at him, firey red tendrils falling over her shoulders to dance along the curve of her breasts, the remaining crimson mane spilling down her back in waves. The words had only just left her lips when she too heard the hammer cock of a gun, heard the mouth breathing of the men, and smelled them. And boy did they stink of booze and ale.

Eric/Viktor stepped up, and in front of Meren, seeking to protect her.

“you made me look foolish in front of me friends,

Oh great, he held a grudge and came looking for them. Just what they needed.

“hows the nose bud? Looking for round two?”


Meren took a quick count just as the fight began. There were 5 of them. 5 of them and 1 of him. Altho, Meren had no doubt that the 1 of him would be a handful for these 5, given they were all still drunk and he, even tho he too was a bit tipsy, was nothing short of a powerhouse.

The thing was, these men didn't fight fair.

It was only a split second later when Meren saw the flash of a gun barrel again. Her hand was on her blade, and in an instant, the blade was out, and the drunk holding the gun, about to shoot Eric/Viktor was missing the lower part of his arm. Meren kept that blade honed to a razor's sharpness. And she was stronger than she looked. The arm was severed cleanly when she swung with a yell of warning to the fighting Eric, who at the moment had his hands full with 3 of the men.

The man who was now missing half his arm was screaming at the top of his lungs...

"FUCCKKKKKKK FUCKKKKKKKK OHHHHHHHH GODDDSSSS FUCKKKKKKKK" and had collasped in a heap in the dirt. To say that there was blood spilling everywhere was an understatment.

But Meren had misjudged and missed that the 4th man was now behind her. He did not have a gun, but did have a dagger and lunged for her. The one saving grace was he grunted, loudly, which caught her attention. She whirled around just in time, and kicked up and out, trying to catch the arm/hand that held the dagger. But Meren missed, lost her balance and as she went down, the drunk attacked, the dagger sinking deeply into her thigh. With an agonized scream of pain, Meren managed to push him off her, her own blade dropped, she tried to reach it, fingers just getting the handle, grasping, but unable to get it in hand. The drunk hollared and rolled over and got up, regaining his footing. Meren could not do the same, with the dagger protruding from her thigh.

That was when she.... and the other men.... heard the sound. A deep growl that erupted into a howl. A howling that Meren thought she had heard before.
 
As the first of the 5 tackled him Viktor snarled and peeled the man off as his body momentum spun him around from the tackle and he threw the man off him and into a wall as the another jumped on his back and cracked him in the back of the skull, with a muttered curse Viktor let his Body fall back with the weight of the big man on his back and he fell using the fuckers body as a cushion they hit pavement and the guys hold on his throat loosened with the jarring impact and Viktor drove his elbow into the males Gut and deftly twisted his body around atop the man his fist Clocking him hard in the jaw as Viktor pushed off and got back to his feet. Viktor cracked his neck, his breathing deep but steady from exertion he eyed two men as they circled him, a scream and curse behind him from another man made Viktor smirk as he figured Meren got in a good lick on the bastard.

Viktor turned his body so he could find Meren. Although he had little doubt she was at least a scrapper, a fighter, he didn’t need anything happening to his meal for tonight. Seeing that she was at least holding her own Viktor turned his attention back to the two males before him as they eyed him and looked at each other. But Viktor didn’t wait he lunged for both of them, a spurt of wolven speed he grabbed one man by the throat Viktor’s right foot hooking the man’s ankle he shoved the man back his foot catching and tripping the man he shoved the man down….hard… slamming the back of his head against the cobblestones of the road with a resounding crack as the man screamed in pain, Using the momentum of the movement he rolled forward out of the way as a the swish of a knife barely missing the back of his head whizzed by.

Then Viktor heard it, Meren, a cry of pain and he whirled around, He saw Meren on the ground a knife sticking out from her leg his face twisted into a vicious snarl and a inhuman growl rumbled from deep within his chest, the beast was awake………and the beast was pissed…………Viktor felt his eyes shift, his senses, hearing, smell, instantly sharpening, muscles strengthening as the wolven blood and rage pounded through his body. As he stepped from the shadows, his teeth had lengthened, sharpened to deadly edges and he fixed on the male standing with his jaw on the floor, eyes bugged out at the sight before him.

What the Fuck are you????

Viktor raised his head skyward, his eyes fixated on the moon he howled, a shockwave of sound that stilled the night air, stopped all sound, froze every human and animal for miles as the rage within that sound echoed, Viktor’s eyes leveled on the man before him who had even less time to breath before he was tackled, Viktor’s teeth at his throat for an instant before the sickening sound of rending flesh split the air and Viktor fed, turning he looked to the male Standing above Meren who had turned and now just stood there like he was invisible, with speed to fast to see Viktor tackled the male, Shoving him into a wall opposite he Cranked the head to the side and bite into his throat, the heated blood filling his mouth and he sucked it down, what few bruises and wounds Viktor had gotten healed instantly, dropping the dead body he turned to the male on the ground still screaming and holding his severed arm Viktor just walked over, and lifting his boot slammed it down into the fuckers Head with such force it cracked his skull and instantly killed him.

His breathing ragged, teeth pulled back in a snarl he whirled, his eyes going to Meren, Frozen, watching her, his amber eyes glowing with rage, Viktor flexed his hands, cracking the knuckles his hands partially shifted so that his nails had turned to claws. His voice a bass of animalistic sound, rough sounding as if he couldn’t quiet talk right

“are you ok?”
 
Meren could only stare.

She saw it all.

All of it.

Right in front of her.

Her thoughts were reeling, twisting. Every fiber of her being was screaming, and screaming loudly. The only problem is, the screaming was confusing. Screaming at her to run, like she could run at this particular moment. Screaming at her grab her own blade and attack the Monster that even now was easily slaughtering the men around her. Screaming at her that THIS... THIS was the MAN she had just spent the evening with, the MAN she was considering sleeping with. Screaming at her that this was a Man she had been attracted to... Screaming at her that he... HE WAS THE WOLF!!!!!!!!

Any other female would have been screaming outloud.

But Meren... was completely silent. Her screaming was in her head, her mind, her thoughts.

The scent of blood, the flow of blood, was everywhere. It soaked the ground. It permeated the air. The battle, and Eric/Viktor's transformation, had scared off just about everybody. Only Meren, at the moment, was left outside, vulnerable, and still alive. Meren and the Beast before her.

“are you ok?”

Wait, he was asking her if she were OK? Wait.... a shiver ran thru her. Wait... He had done this to... protect her??? PROTECT HER???

Meren found herself against the outer wall of some abode, just staring at the Wolf, at Eric/Viktor before her. She was shaking her head slowly, so very slowly. Was she OK? She would be. The wound was deep, but had missed the major artery. She was bleeding, actively, and she wondered if he could discern her blood from the rest. Did it smell different? Would it taste different?

Why the HELL was she thinking that?

It was then that Meren, still staring in silence at the Beast, at Eric/Viktor, it was then that she realized that she had managed to grab ahold of her own blade. It was still coated in the needed poison, cutting off one man's arm had not diminished it any.

But, she was injured. If she attacked him, could she get him and herself back to her Keep? In the condition she was in? Should she just kill him now? Could she? Truth be told, she highly doubted it. She was injured, he was not. The one reason she wanted to get him to the Keep, the one reason she had paid so much for the particular poison she was using, was to get him contained, trapped, caged, where she could kill him at her leisure.

Meren felt all the emotions of Vharcan's death, of her hatred for the Wolf, her despair at losing the one man she had loved, come welling up inside her. She could not let this opportunity pass. But how the HELL was she going to trap him now? Now that she was injured.

She was soooo unprepared for this. For Eric to be the Wolf.

Or.... was she...

He was obviously as attracted to her as she was to him. Even now, amid the bloodshed, he had not attacked HER. Could she pretend, long enough, to get him to her Keep, where she could trap him? Entice him, entice him to let his guard down? She had plenty of the poison there. Plenty.

Could she do this???

She had to. She had to deal with this. She could tell him the tears that even now were running down her cheeks, were from the pain of the dagger, not the pain she felt realizing what she was facing....

She finally nodded to his query. All the thoughts that had careened thru Meren's head had happened in a matter of seconds, not minutes.

"The... dagger missed my artery. I will be ok... but I need to get back to my Keep. I have medicines there... and I can't.... " say it.... say it Meren... "I can't get there alone. Can you ... please... help me... Eric.. please" She ignored the fact that He was a Beast, a WereWolf, at least for the moment. If she was going to gain his trust, she had to act as if she accepted what he was. The strangest thing was, out of the entire town, she was probably one of the only ones who could.....

And it was not lost on Meren that he had to get out of there. This place would be swarming with men. Her Keep... was safe... she had to make him believe that...

"please... Eric.... My Keep, will be safe for you as well" her voice was soft... begging...
 
Viktor stood there, his eyes hard, his breathing slowly easing back to normal, but he licked his lips, the scent of fear, watching the ticks and facial movements, he watched her, studied her. The warring emotions on her face peaked his interest, she was reliving something, he could see that much plain in her eyes, fear, hatred, anger, the anger didn’t surprise him, no doubt in his many years he’d killed someone close to her and now that she was faced with her loved ones killer she didn’t know what to do. He’d expected her to scream, to curse and holler, or whimper and plea for her life. She knew who he was, she couldn’t live, His life was now in danger, he was exposed, the human half of him said to kill. But the beast……….much to his surprised stopped him, wouldn’t let him attack her Mine pinged around his head with a shot of lust that hardened his body and confused the fuck out of him at the same time.

"The... dagger missed my artery. I will be ok... but I need to get back to my Keep. I have medicines there... and I can't.... I can't get there alone. Can you ... please... help me... Eric.. please"

“Viktor……….not Eric…………”was all he said as he continued to watch her, His mind and his beast warring with each other, but it was the shouts he heard rising, women, men screaming and yelling to gather weapons, they knew the beast was in town, he smelled fuel oil and torchs, heard the clang of the emergency bell that would summon the constable and his officers and Viktor growled again shaking his head, Damn it………

"please... Eric.... My Keep, will be safe for you as well"

He Snarled again in indecision but the sounds of footsteps and running throughout the city came to him he was running out of time. Forcing his beast to bay his body, his eyes changed back to normal and he walked to Meren, nostrils flaring as the fear, anticipation and the scent of her blood came to him.

“I could carry you, but your wound needs to be tended”

Viktor dropped to his knees before her, his eyes watching her

“relax” with a tug he ripped the bloodied fabric from her leg with a single quick tug, his claws shredding into the material then changing back he didn’t wait for a reaction. Leaning forward he brought his lips to her wound, his tongue trailing a line along the cut, and he couldn’t help himself, he growled, low, as her taste bit at his tongue and her scent wrapped around him. Another shot of lust pierced his body and he almost bit her with its force, but only after a few short passes of his tongue her wound was sealed. She’d have a scar and he sensed no infection so she’d be fine…….for now with a deft move he lifted her in his arms, muscles tensing he turned as the first glow of torchs began to glow on the walls, he was out of time with a snarl he lunged, his mucles contracting he launched himself up onto the roof of the nearest building clearing it easily he held Meren cradled in his arms, his nostrils flaring he hit the pavement on the other side of the building in a crouch and then was at a dead sprint. He quickly caught Meren’s scent in the air, what lingered of it after so many hours, faint, but still he followed it. Wolven eyes even in the pitch black could see bright as day,

As he ran he looked down at Meren, she was quiet, curled against him, holding on with a death grip that made him grin, With his speed he followed her scent in less then 20 minutes he slowed as he approached her tavern, slowing to a walk, his breathing even now even, strong, he wasn’t winded, his eyes moved around as he took it in. He never came to this part of the woods, to this area, his Den was far side of town closer to town. As he set Meren down his hand gleamed the handle of her dagger and he slipped it from her since she was again distracted, The poisen he’d smelled on the blade was strong, and he wouldn’t give her the chance to use it on him. Even through the scent of the blood from the drunk male lingered the poisen was still there. She’d come to town tonight looking for blood……..well…..she found it…………..

“ive never come to this side of the woods before, you have a beautiful place” he tucked the dagger into his belt behind his back letting his coat rest back into place while she unlocked the gate and followed her in
 
You can do this...

You can do this...

You can do this...


The words kept repeating in her head.

You can do this... for me...

The voice was Vharcan's...

She had to do this. Her mind was made up. This was just not how she envisioned this happening.

"Relax" Sure, easier said than done, she thought to herself as he came closer, kneeling to examine her wound. The dagger still protruded, and just as he knelt, Meren wrapped her slender fingers around it and yanked. It took all the will power she had not to scream out in pain. The blood flowed freely, heated against her skin. Her entire leg throbbed.

"Relax
" His voice had returned to a more normal timbre. Deep, resonating, almost soothing.

If she were having a minor war in her head about the turn of events here, He was having a major war. Meren could almost see the Beast and the Man within, having a heated discussion, or disagreement, or agreement. And she knew it all centered on her. And she knew, suddenly, in that moment, that it centered on whether or not to just kill her, as he had the others.

For a moment, a blind moment, Meren hoped he would.

But he did not. She watched, eyes narrowing, as he lowered to run his tongue over her bleeding wound. Meren's breath suddenly caught. A vicious tremble coursed thru her. The sensation was one of pure revulsion.. and something else. His tongue, was warm, soft, on her skin. The tingling it sent thru her vibrating to every nerve ending. She sunk her own nails into the ground beneath her as her body tensed, heated. "ohhhh Godddssss" she moaned, her eyes closing for a moment, before she forcefully snapping them open again. He was tasting her. Tasting her blood. Let alone helping the wound to seal, the pain fading to a dull ache.

It was the loud chime of the bell, the shouting of voices, and the panic that she could hear within, that snapped her attention from the Beast, the Man before her.

They... were coming.

"Viktor" she quietly said. Viktor. Why did his name have to be Viktor. So close to Vharcan.

It was then she was gathered into his arms.

"my Keep is northwest of the town, past the holy place"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I've never come to this side of the woods before, you have a beautiful place”

He had let her down to her feet, she stepping away from him. The Townspeople would more than likely not venture this far out now that they knew he was close. She, would be given up for dead, more than likely. The Wolf having taken her. She could not imagine that any would think that she would still be alive. Actually, she was surprised that she was still alive.

For a moment, she again considered just attacking and hoping to kill him. But when she brushed her fingers to her blade's sheathe, it was empty. Meren turned and looked back at him.

"the good thing is, the townspeople don't tend to wonder this far away from the safety of their homes....... because of you"...

The gate swung open....

Could she do this? The poison was in her bed chamber. Along with the syringe. It was her only real chance.

Meren was not stupid, she had no illusions that he was going to allow her to live. She figured now that he had come to town looking for..... entertainment for the night. Even one such as he had to lust for sex. More than likely he would fuck her and kill her. She had to get the poison into him before that happened. The death part that was. Hell the fucking part too, but if she needed to........ NO NO NO... She couldn't.... she... just couldn't....

A few minutes later and the heavy door to the Keep swung closed. Meren knew that she was the one in the vulnerable position here. If he took her right here, on the floor, she would never even have the chance to get the poison into him.... she had to ..... had to.... entice him to the bed chamber.

"Viktor"... Meren turned to face him. Damn he was handsome, now that he looked entirely human again. "I... don't want to discuss what you are..... I would rather talk about....." she stepped closer.... "what you want.... what you came into town looking for..."

She was a hair's breath away from him now....

"My bed chamber is just up the stairs..... " she was sooo close now that he could surely feel her breath against his skin of his chest, where his shirt was torn.
 
"the good thing is, the townspeople don't tend to wonder this far away from the safety of their homes....... because of you"...
Viktor just muttered a response as he looked around the place. It wasn’t small but it wasn’t large, as he detected movement Viktors eyes swiveled to the girl before him tilting his head to one side his lips in a twinge of a slight frown. Still his mind swirled, the taste of her blood still embedded in his mouth, his mind, absently he licked his lips to renew that taste and he growled again in lust, a shiver trailing up his body, feeling a breeze against his back Viktor pulled his trench coat off and looked at it dismayed. “Fuckers, this was my best coat………” With a disgusted sigh he tossed his coat over the back of a near by chair, again he caught movement and turned his head to look back Meren.

Something about her stare, the thoughts that crossed her mind, his eyes narrowed, the girl should have been terrified, blubbering to not kill her. But her eyes gave her away, she was planning, thinking too hard about something and Viktor canted his head as she stepped nearer to him

"I... don't want to discuss what you are..... I would rather talk about....... what you want.... what you came into town looking for..."

That shot both his eyebrows to his hairline, and narrowed his eyes all the more. What was her game? She carried a poison dagger, was in town alone……………then the thought came back to him, her words almost forgotten in the haze of ale and blood ’Im a hunter and his body jerked, as her scent wafted closer, wrapping around him the wolf in him surged again and he panted, licking his lips and forced the beast down, This girl was dangerous……..to him…….no normal hunter carred a weapon such as hers, Bounty hunter maybe? He’d killed enough of them…………..

"My bed chamber is just up the stairs..... "

The feel of her breath against his bared flesh caused him to shiver but he stepped back from her, his eyes having bled to black amber as he looked to her, his lip twitching in remnants of a snarl, the way a cornered dog might warn you to back away slowly, Viktor’s hand went to his back and he pulled her dagger from where he tucked it, and held it up to her,

“Don’t think I cant smell the poison you’ve laced this blade with Meren, No girl, no one goes to town with a weapon like this, and your words, almost forgotten…..Huntress…..i didn’t believe you at first, thought it was merely Bravado………”

He turned the blade over in his hand, looking at it, admiring it

“Then I saw you fight, and it reminded me of something, a fighting style id forgotten over the months”

With a flick of his wrist Viktor chucked the blade across the room hearing the thud of it as it stuck in the wall and viktor was on her, a hand wrapped around her waist, he pulled Meren against him, his eyes looking down at her with a stark hunger, with a growl his mouth was on hers, a hungry, needy kiss before he pulled back his hand wrapping around her throat, not enough to stop her breathing but to show her his strength

“whats your game? Bed the beast? Kill me if I fall asleep? “ he let her go “Tell you what, ill ease your mind, yes, im going to kill you, you know who I am and what I am, but your right, I came to town because my blood hunger is sated, more so now that I killed drunk and his buddies, but your scent, calls to me, and the thought of ripping out your throat as you cum beneath me has much appeal………..”

Viktor grinned

“you’ve got a 15 second head start…………..better run little girl”
 
FUCK

That was all she could think in that moment...

FUCK

She watched as her blade so easily sailed past, implanting itself in the far wall.

As her eyes came back to rest upon him, she was grabbed... a strong arm and hand snaking about her waist. Pulled into his embrace, she had but a moment for her breath to catch before his mouth was on hers. The kiss was deep, hungered, intense, and for that blind moment, she was lost in the sensation, allowing her body to lean into his, the softness of her curves pressed to the strength of his chest, her own lips trembling, parting, a low whimpering moan slipping past as she actually let's herself feel the kiss... It had been such a long time for her. But then it was broken, his hand curling about her slender throat.

Meren's eyes stared up into his. For a moment, she thought he would just strangle her right there. Even after he had fought to save her this very same night. Would he? Would he just kill her now? Now that he figured out that she indeed had some plan for him?

“whats your game? Bed the beast? Kill me if I fall asleep? “

He let her go , she taking a needed deep breath as she stepped back from him, her own fingertips touching along her throat...

Tell you what, I'll ease your mind, yes, I'm going to kill you, you know who I am and what I am, but your right, I came to town because my blood hunger is sated, more so now that I killed that drunk and his buddies, but your scent, calls to me, and the thought of ripping out your throat as you cum beneath me has much appeal………..”

Meren could not stop the shudder that vibrated thru her at those words. She felt that cold chill of fear radiate over her. She was in way over her head, and she knew that. But she was not going to give up without a fight. She was not about to beg him for mercy either. Never. She would try and see this thru. If only she could get to her bed chamber, and get the syringe.

But, even then, she would not be able to just run up and stick him with it. That was not about to happen. Meren was smart enough to know... she was going to have to bed him, and catch him offguard during that, in order to get the toxin into his system. It was the only way.

What scared her was the fact that, the thought of bedding him was not repulsive to her. It should have been, given he was the Beast that had killed her only Love. He was the Wolf, the Monster that had stalked and killed so many. And... as he had stated so matter of factly, that he would kill her too.

But Meren was not afraid of death. She had never been afraid of death, and especially not now.

But one thing that Meren did wish, in those few seconds as she thought all this thru, was that she had slept with Vharcan. That she had shared that intimacy, that love, with him. It was her biggest regret, that instead, Viktor, the Monster, would be the one to take that from her. But he would not take her love. She knew that. She would get thru this or die, one or the other. Either she would catch him and make him feel the pain she has felt, or he would tear her throat out and end her pain.

It was all pretty simple now, to Meren.

Viktor grinned...

“you’ve got a 15 second head start…………..better run little girl”

She was gone in a flash. She had to get to her bedchamber and get the syringe. She needed it under the bedding, where she could reach it during... It was her only hope.

She dashed up her stairs, in the darkness, not even looking back at him. She was in her bedchamber a moment later, the door slamming shut behind her. Grabbing the syringe, she checked that it was full. She managed to add a sedative, a powerful one she had, to the mixture, and got it under the pillows, between the mattress and the headboard of the bed just as she heard him thundering up the stairs.

Meren spun around, hitting her nightstand in the process, the vial containing the rest of the toxin spilling, as she made a grab for the dagger she had also sitting there. It too was now coated in the same toxin, given that it had just spilled out all over it.

As the door crashed open, Meren backed away, the dagger in hand. Now that he knew her "game" she would have to put up a fight. Of course, if she could wound him and inject him without having to .... well... fuck him... that would be a much better option. But Meren was a realist, she knew the chances of her wounding him were slim to none, especially now that she had seen him fight as he had and kill... as he had...

"You... killed... Vharcan" she finally said thru clenched teeth.
 
Last edited:
As he kissed her he was surprised to feel her body lax against his, and he grinned more as her moan slipped into his mouth, a low growl he pulled away and she ran, his eyes watching her as she scrambled to make the best of the time he’d given her. He crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes falling to her ass and he growled again louder this time his body hardening as the thoughts of what he would do to her played through his mind. She was beautiful , maybe he couldn’t kill her……keep her as a concubine……..she was young, virile………………MINE he gasped as the wolf surged within him and he growled low. He moved about the tavern taking his time, admiring the decoration. Oh he had no doubt that the Young Huntress had other traps, or weapons, but the thought of savoring what was the come.

As he cleared the top of the stairs he inhaled, turning he looked down the long hall and followed the scent of her fear, , the slam of the door he heard her scrambling, more than likely for a weapon. With a snarl he kicked in her door, taking his time, he walked into her bedchambers, looking around he inhaled and growled again, her scent was all over the room,

“Nice decorating” he chuckled tauntingly, He crossed his arms as he leaned against the door frame, his eyes watching her, dropping to her hand he saw she clutched a dagger and laughed again shaking his head “Going to make a last stand with that puny little knife? He pushed away from the door, stalking her, he growled low, and licked his lips, taking his time he undid his shirt, slipped it off, revealing the expanse of his chest to her gaze, well muscled, toned, he tossed his shirt off to one side casually and allowed himself to stretch, his eyes never leaving her, But her stance, and the words she shouted next gave him pause

"You... killed... Vharcan"

Viktor blinked, eyebrows crunching together as he tilted his head to one side

“Vharcan?...........where have I heard that name…….”

Viktor Frowned, his lust ebbing at the sudden Declaration. He blinked, Memories coming back Her scent, triggered one long forgotten, the last hunter he faced. It came back to him in a rush. The only hunter who actually came close to killing him………..The hardest fight he’d ever had. It was deep at first, his chest rumbling then higher pitched as his laughter rumbled from his throat. Before he silenced it and looked to her, his eyes gleaming with amusement

“Vharcan? Your scent, I thought it was familiar, you carried his scent, “

Viktor laughs again, “that weakling bastard, dared to hunt me, in my territory, and died screaming like a little girl do you wanna know how he died?”

Viktor watched her, licked his lips, and moved towards her, stalked her “cried, begged, as I broke every bone in his body, “Viktor moved quickly, his hand swinging low and grabbing the wrist of the hand that held the dagger, his lips peeled back even as she struggled in his grip he forced her hand up, wrenching her wrist back to a painful angle until she dropped the dagger his other hand gripping her neck once more, he forced her back, pushing her down onto the bed as he straddled her. His eyes glowed a dark amber he leaned down, his hand squeezing slightly more against her throat and he kissed her again. Allowing her to breath as he released her throat, his nostrils flared

“Mine……….” A low growl of a voice, the beast peaking through his eyes, hungry again as the wolfs lust surged his mouth decending to her neck where it met her shoulders, Biting her hard enough to draw only tiny rivulets of blood and he sucked at her neck,
 
He was laughing... Laughing at her... Laughing at Vharcan....

“Vharcan?...........where have I heard that name…….”

“Vharcan? Your scent, I thought it was familiar, you carried his scent, that weakling bastard, dared to hunt me, in my territory, and died screaming like a little girl do you wanna know how he died?”

Viktor watched her, licked his lips, and moved towards her, stalked her

“He cried, begged, as I broke every bone in his body"

No.. NO ... No NO NO NO NO.... She did not want to hear this. Did not need to hear his triumphant laugh. She had seen Vharcan's body. What was left of it. There was no doubt that Vharcan had put up a hell of a fight, no doubt about that at all. He... He was saying this to get to her. To hurt her. To weaken her. She never should have mentioned his name, never.

"NO!!!" Meren screamed as the Wolf advanced on her. "NO!!!" He was on her then. Easily disarming her, nearly breaking her wrist in the process. "NO!!!" again the word sprang from her lips as his hand claimed her throat again, this time tightening, cutting off another NO as it came gurgling forth.

But she was not screaming NO for the obvious reasons. To stop the attack. That was not it at all. The attack needed to happen. It had to happen. She.. she had to suffer like Vharcan did, the thought coming suddenly to her mind. She had to suffer as he had, at the hands of the same Tormentor. It was the only way, she had to feel pain, fear, as he had. Maybe then, the gods will allow her to make HIM suffer.

No, she was not screaming NO to halt what was going to happen to her. She was screaming NO to his assertion that Vharcan had been a weakling, that he had screamed for mercy, that he had not fought and died, instead, a coward's death. NO.. that was NOT Vharcan... NO NO NO.....

Meren was down on the bed, straddled by the much larger Viktor. She struggled to breathe as his grip tightened, he leaning down, agonizingly slowly. Meren trembled, a sudden wave of cold fear racking thru her captive body. There was no pushing him off her, there would be no loosening of his grasp unless he decided to allow her to breathe. The girl stared up at him for that moment. To say there was no fear in her eyes would not be true. There was fear alight in her gaze. A fear of what was going to happen, of the pain she knew she would feel. There was no fear of death, no fear of HIM. It was as if she were resolved to what was going to happen to her. Meren reached up to wrap both hands around his wrist, slender fingers tight.

"please" she managed to whisper. She did not want it to end like this. She wanted her fighting chance. At least give her that, she silently prayed to whatever gods may have been listening.

It was then that he took her mouth again, his grasp about her throat easing and releasing. Meren's whimper at that was lost in the kiss, her own moist lips parting, the heat of the kiss washing over her, seeming to war with the chill of the fear. Her tongue met his, soft, wet, heated, entwining, tasting, her body squirming, twisting a bit beneath his. When he pulled back, she took a deep, needed breath, her body quivering under his as he did so.

“Mine"

The word surprised Meren. It was growled, almost whispered. His mouth finding her throat, lips trailing along the redness that had risen from his tight grasp of fingers just a moment before. The sensation was exquisite, and Meren could not silence the low, rippling moan that escaped her lips. Her body arched under him as he bit down along that vulnerable curve, the pain mingling with the heated pleasurable sensations that were racing thru her.

Was this what it was supposed to feel like?

Meren's mind shot back to her time with Vharcan. They had been semi-intimate. He had never taken her virginity, but they had touched, even tasted, of each other. But... she had never felt the same intense heat then, that she was suddenly feeling now. Her heart was thundering in her chest, her breaths shallow, fast. The flow of blood, small rivulets opened by his sharp teeth, hot against her skin as he tasted her this way. This was something that obviously Vharcan had never done. A sweetness that he had never enjoyed, and now she was sharing that sweetness with the Monster that had slaughtered him without thought, without remorse. But then again, Viktor was a Predator, right?

He suckled at her throat, tasting her heated, sweet, blood... and Meren let her eyes close. Her fingers found and curled into his hair, stroking thru. She was whimpering, moaning, trying to fight the nearly overwhelming urge to scream out for him, cry out to him. He was the enemy. He was the Monster. The Wolf. She should not be enjoying this feeling of what he was doing, and would do to her.

Yet again she whispered that word...

"Please........"
 
Last edited:
Back
Top