Dating websites

Oh no, did I just get called unattractive???
Well if that's what is going on with me, it must be on the "clean cut white guy" boards because I don't like bodybuilders. You just gave me another reason not to like them.
In all fairness, there wasn't anything wrong with the women these douchecanoes considered unattractive. Some of those dudes have fucked-up ideas of attractiveness. Not that they're spectacular catches themselves. . .
 
In all fairness, there wasn't anything wrong with the women these douchecanoes considered unattractive. Some of those dudes have fucked-up ideas of attractiveness. Not that they're spectacular catches themselves. . .

Well now that my ego is bruised, if you want to see unattractive, check my previous posts, I've posted pics in the near past, in the BDSM forum.... no not necked ones.
*goes back to the BDSM forums where the bruising is welcomed*
 
In all fairness, there wasn't anything wrong with the women these douchecanoes considered unattractive. Some of those dudes have fucked-up ideas of attractiveness. Not that they're spectacular catches themselves. . .

Douchecanoe huh?
 
Oh man... during some bouts with insomnia (cats, ya know) I checked the Craigslist personals. People are nuts, putting their addresses and stuff! Ted Bundy is probably cursing from hell because he had to wear a sling, now a crazy just needs to show up.

I know people who enjoy reading the Craigslist personals for their entertainment value.

I will say the absolute best and worst dates of my life were with women I met through OkCupid.
 
To the original poster... I've been married/attached before Internet dating was really a common thing and I am sure I would be totally unsmooth Nd unfit for the dating world now. I have no moves.

But my brother in law uses eharmony with a great deal of success. I've met several of the girls he dated from there and they were really nice. Some were crazy. Some were not. But I think the ratio was not skewed more than non Internet dating. I think some kind of use it for a hookup service as well, but that's real dating too.

I know people who enjoy reading the Craigslist personals for their entertainment value.

I will say the absolute best and worst dates of my life were with women I met through OkCupid.

I used to read them for fun. That and the adult gigs section. And I'd also call the hookers for fun. And fuck them for fun. You know, for a laugh. :)

Kidding. I never did any of that.
 
I must say, my main issue with dating sites is the lack of dating. Guys will send messages back and forth for weeks, then just stop???? Even if it goes as far as exchanging phone numbers, there's some texting, then that stops too.
A few times guys have admitted to not using their photos in their ads and that's why, but other than those I don't know why guys don't get to the actual meeting stage.

When I first joined, I thought I'd have like several dates a week and be on there for only a few months. Wrong!
I'm a pretty attractive woman, with my shit somewhat together (job, car, house, friends, hobbies...) and I keep telling myself, "hey I'm a good catch and I'm on here, there HAS to be others" but I really feel like throwing in the towel. Online dating is extremely frustrating!
Yeah, I've definitely had this experience as well. If you're going to do online dating you have to just accept a certain level of bullshit. That's why it's not for everyone. I eventually learned to push for a phone/face-to-face interaction really quickly (after like 3 or 4 emails), and also to just accept the fact that guys will seem really into you and write you and then disappear off the face of the earth. It's definitely not something everyone is willing to deal with. And it is exhausting. I could only do internet dating for a month or 2 at a time, then I'd have to take a break.

I guess the other major thing I learned from the process is that I got way more responses to my profile when I felt like I was 100% myself and not holding back. Like I started out leaving stuff out of my profile about my life (I'm pretty opinionated) b/c I didn't want to scare anybody away or turn anyone off. I got a ton of responses when I went ahead and put it all out there...and my pics weren't any better or sexier than they were originally. I hadn't thought about the fact that I would be more likely to attract the *right* people, and that's more important than trying not to scare someone off.
 
I haven't been on the bodybuilding.com message boards for a while, but a lot of the younger guys there would troll PlentyOfFish and strike up conversations with women whom they considered to be unattractive. They'd lead the women on, all the while posting pics and private conversations on the bb.com boards just for laughs. Then when they'd had their fun, they'd cut off all correspondence.

That's cruel.

If someone's being an asshat, that's one thing. If someone's sincere but unattractive, that's mean.

I like to think there's someone for everyone.
 
Back
Top