The Bunny Thread

Not to rub salt, and you know I've been supportive, Bunz, but I'm with Con. What is going on? You are both grown ups.
You have to work.
Why does he get to sap you, and why is that okay?
How come he is there?

You are stressed enough, and now broke?

Jackass is not what is intended here. I, and probably Con, are trying to understand.
Sometimes support is tough love, too.
 
Because sometimes...sometimes we get fucked up over family.
We can't do the rational thing, because the situation isn't based on rationality.
It is about a lifetime of conditioning, and sometimes we can't escape that.

Word.
 
Because sometimes...sometimes we get fucked up over family.
We can't do the rational thing, because the situation isn't based on rationality.
It is about a lifetime of conditioning, and sometimes we can't escape that.


Well, then it's good that the Bunz has friends that support her in many different ways.

Escaping that is hard, but not impossible.
And I turn into a 7th grade girl around my Dad, so I get it.
 
It does suck that Bunny can't get her head above water though.
*leaves a hug for Bunny*
 
I have a radical idea; let us actually help a tiny bit?

Create an Amazon gift registry of all the shit that's broken lately. (I *think* it'll allow us to send stuff to you without disclosing your address? If not, I know there are other ways to accomplish this....

I can't contribute much, but maybe, collectively, we can help you out a bit.

Who knows; maybe your perverted lurker fan club will come out of the woodwork just enough to inundate you with a mountain of prosthetic proxy penises and the resulting dildo-opolis will drive dad outa your house.

I think that sounds like a lovely idea.
 
I think you need to put your foot down. It is your house.

If you can't work with him there, then HE needs to disappear while you're working. You know your shift hours, tell him to get lost during that time. If he wants to know why, tell him you're a professional consultant who deals with the confidential personal reproductive issues of your clients and you CANNOT have him there while you are consulting. Also, tell him that you're losing business and the company you are a contractor for is thinking of canceling your contract.

Give him $5 and point him to the Starbux across town before you shove him out the door with a "I love you dad, but GO AWAY!"

If he wants more detail about your "work" you can get creative while telling him the truth. I'm sure you can come up with some sort of unbelievable story that's totally true but just sounds phony.

Glad to hear you're getting satisfied with/by your new playmates too. Good things happen sometimes. It really does sound like all you need to do is get your dad sorted out (and a new wonder wand).
 
Everyone's being wonderful, and I love you all for it.

Staggy, thank you for your offer, but I would hate to take you up on it. I'd feel guilty about it. It's such a sweet idea, though. :eek:

In further Bunny news, my father brought home a cold a day or two ago, and now I'm pretty sure I've got the beginnings of it. Which, you know, is exactly what I need when my job depends on me being able to talk.

Speaking of jobs, I've taken up a new freelance position doing transcriptions. The pay is shit, but at least I don't have to wait until my father is either not here or in bed to do it. Maybe the two jobs will keep me halfway afloat for now.

Oh, and my mother said she's going to see about keeping my father down there an extra day to give me more time to work. So y'all keep your fingers crossed for that, please.
 
I'm so sick right now, and all I want is someone to take care of me. But on the other hand, the last thing I want to do is give this shit to somebody else. It's times like these, when I feel so run-down and alone that I miss dumbass the most. :(

And, God, do I hate myself for missing him.
 
So my birthday is in a couple of months. My best friend is in the process of moving back down here from New York, and we decided we'd have a birthday party for me. She was super-excited about it, and so was I.

So I hit up my other friends--all, like, three of them--to ask if they'd be interested in coming. I shouldn't have fucking bothered. All the answers I got were either noncommittal or outright dismissive.

Ok. I get it. Y'all only want to be around me when I can do something for you. My bad.

Anyway, this was last night. I've been feeling sorry for myself ever since.

I find myself missing him more and more lately. I thought it was supposed to be getting easier, but it's not.
 
Hey, we are all your friends. Invite some of us, I'm sure anyone luving close enough would love to celebrate with you.

It will get easier, I promise, :rose:
 
Heartache hurts. Loneliness makes the hurt worse. Being "different" makes it worse from there.

Maybe what you need to do is stop. Just stop everything.

From what I've read, you don't have anyone for YOU. You dad isn't there for you, he's there for his own reasons. That SOB who hurt you? He's not there for you either. Nor is your mom or your social friends. Not even your new playmates because they're only sharing themselves with you.

In all of this, who is really caring about bunny when she needs someone? Who brings you chicken soup because you're sick? Who leaves a mint on your pillow for you just because? Who sends you an envelope full of rose petals in the mail? Who calls you just to say hi and listens to you breathe because you don't need to actually talk for them to get you? Who reaches out to you to just hold your hand when you're together?

Time to stop all the nonsense. Go out and find someone for YOU. Just for you. Get into that "it's just lunch" thing and go meet some people. No pity sex either, NOTHING in the prior paragraph I just wrote had sex in it so don't go there. Instead just do lunch. Have a good time meeting new people, maybe making new friends who might be interested in bunny enough as a person to come to her B-day party.

Life is about living, not enduring the crap others throw at us. Take a deep breath and go find someone for you. Just for you.
 
ok, it's been quite some time since we have heard from Bunny. Hope all is well my dear. If you check in, give us an update please, :rose:
 
ok, it's been quite some time since we have heard from Bunny. Hope all is well my dear. If you check in, give us an update please, :rose:

I'm still here.

Something good is probably going to be happening soon. I'm afraid to say much more than that because I don't want to jinx it, but I'll update in a couple of weeks, once it's come to pass.

Otherwise, everything is much the same as it always was, which is why I haven't really updated.
 
I'm still here.

Something good is probably going to be happening soon. I'm afraid to say much more than that because I don't want to jinx it, but I'll update in a couple of weeks, once it's come to pass.

Otherwise, everything is much the same as it always was, which is why I haven't really updated.
*hugs*
 
I'm still here.

Something good is probably going to be happening soon. I'm afraid to say much more than that because I don't want to jinx it, but I'll update in a couple of weeks, once it's come to pass.

Otherwise, everything is much the same as it always was, which is why I haven't really updated.

fingers crossed :rose:
 
Quick update.

I had to go to the doctor today to get refills for my prescriptions. My blood pressure was 200/110.

I've never had high blood pressure before.

She put me on meds, but it's clear something is going to have to give before I have an aneurysm.
 
Quick update.

I had to go to the doctor today to get refills for my prescriptions. My blood pressure was 200/110.

I've never had high blood pressure before.

She put me on meds, but it's clear something is going to have to give before I have an aneurysm.

That is serious. Take your meds. Follow up with your doc and GET YOUR DAD OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.

Please.... for your health!!!

love you Bunz :heart:
 
oh no, good luck Bunny, xoxo

Thank you. :rose:

That is serious. Take your meds. Follow up with your doc and GET YOUR DAD OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.

Please.... for your health!!!

love you Bunz :heart:

I'm going to pick up the meds today, and I'll start on them. And I'm going to do my best to get him out. I can't live like this anymore. It's making me crazy and apparently sick, to boot. :rose:

Wishing you that smidgeon of luck that whatever it is transitions smoothly.

:kiss::kiss:

Thank you! It's about to happen, but I'm not going to say more yet. I promise to update about it in a few days. :rose:
 
So the good thing has come to pass.

My father is officially out of my house, and my best friend has moved in. Now I can work whenever I need to, and I have my best friend here to make sure I don't fall too deeply into self-pity (among other things).

The job she had tentatively set up before she got here appears to have fallen through, though. So if everyone could keep their fingers crossed that she can find something very soon, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks, everyone. You've been more than wonderful, putting up with my shit. :rose:
 
So the good thing has come to pass.

My father is officially out of my house, and my best friend has moved in. Now I can work whenever I need to, and I have my best friend here to make sure I don't fall too deeply into self-pity (among other things).

The job she had tentatively set up before she got here appears to have fallen through, though. So if everyone could keep their fingers crossed that she can find something very soon, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks, everyone. You've been more than wonderful, putting up with my shit. :rose:

*hugs*
 
Back
Top