The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

Ahhhhhhhh! There we go!

Yep, I've had to PM Laurel a couple of times before about stories I saw on the top of the New list, on theme, but for some reason not listed on the contest page.

The data is correct, according to the contest page, but the contest page itself is wrong.
 
And this probably explains why the votes aren't moving up on this one at the same rate as the others I have in the contest. (And maybe why the trolls left it hot longer than they did the others too. :D)
 
The trolls finding it I'll agree with, but so early in the life of a story, I don't think the contest page influences views that much ( beyond said trolls )

Once they fall out of the normal story life, most certainly, but in the first couple of days, I think it's pretty negligible.

That's just observation based on a very small sample of stories where I've caught the mistake of them not making the contest page, or stories that were left on the site after being removed from the contest page outside the first couple of days when most reads come in.
 
phew! this is the last bag of dirt in the garbage. free at last!

Internet%20racists.jpg

tex's european friends...

The following is post # 1208 on the a.i.r. contest support thread. Our AHland racist also posted exactly the same thing in posts #1001, 1004, 1008, 1010, 1012, 1015, 1022, 1024, 1026, 1030, 1034, 1044, 1046, 1051, 1055, 1061, 1065, 1068, 1075, 1076, 1078, 1104, 1120, 1123, 1128, 1133, 1140, 1142, 1146, 1152, 1155, 1157, 1162, 1168, 1170, 1172, 1175, 1176, 1179, 1181, 1188, 1191, 1194, 1196, 1198, 1204 and now 1208. The same post EIGHT times on the first page. FIVE on the next page! SIX on the third page! TWO times on the fourth. THREE on the fifth page. FIVE on the sixth. EIGHT on the seventh page. EIGHTH on the eighth page. Now we’re up to TWO on the ninth page. The same post 47 times. He's now up to 260 times posting the same thing OVERALL (unless I’ve missed a few). Mind you this isn't a record for him.

So unfortunately I’m forced to share his disgusting posts on this thread. And of course there are no free rides for enablers. Sorry…

image.php
image.php
image.php

enabling hate in AHland? Why?

Why would our tiger lily threadmistress stand with the stupid people? Simple jealousy? I guess the a.i.r. thread has been making hers look bad...

post #1204 on the A.I.R. Contest Support Thread. Let's all look at our AHland racists posts. We're prepared to expose him for what he is...sad really...

image.php

[size=+1]Please join with me and read my Winter Holiday Contest Story: Christmas Present! [/size]
okay i didn't really write it but it is sooooo good!
fucktard1.jpg

Yes I think that just about covers tex’s qualities…

[SIZE="+3"] WELCOME TO THE FAKE CONTEST THREAD. BUT A.I.R. RUNS THE MOST HONEST CONTESTS – THANKS. [/SIZE]
made-up-fucktard2.jpg


But for information and support of the A.I.R. Summer Lovin’ Contest, please go here:

the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…
 
Not even close stupid. Post to your fake thread and see what happens.
 
istock_snobsm.jpg

Dear Jacqui, Every other day, and I'm not finished yet. It was drastic, I know, but I'll do just about anything to stay out of one of your fake "contests."

Don’t you worry you dear little man! You may not be eligible for the A.I.R. Xmas Contest but I’m sure we can find a spot for you in the

[size=+2]the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)


2012 Thanksgiving Contest


which just happens to be ongoing…

hide+the+squash+10percent.jpg
[/SIZE]
 
I wish they had a little counter that showed how many people put scouries on ignore on a daily basis. It would be pretty giggle-worthy watching that number rise every time he makes one of those gaudy, lie-filled posts.

He'd convince himself they were all alts, of course. If he let himself see the truth, he'd probably defenestrate himself within ten minutes.
 
Hmm...

Just when I thought I'd give this contest a pass, along comes a plot bunny. Now I have to see if I can come up with something to justify the idea and submit it in time to qualify for the contest, while trying to finish another story I'm working on.

*Sigh* I must like making things difficult for myself.
 
I wouldn't be surprised at finding a story of mine in a fake Thanksgiving contest--since I haven't written a story about Thanksgiving.
 
Defenestrate. Isn't that when you uninstall Windows?

Only if you've pulled the window frame out of the wall because you wanted company on your way to the ground.

We don't need anything like that in the States. They sell guns in Wal-Mart here willy-nilly to just about anyone.
 
they do have a counter!!!!

image.php

I wish they had a little counter that showed how many people put scouries on ignore on a daily basis. It would be pretty giggle-worthy watching that number rise every time he makes one of those gaudy, lie-filled posts.

THREADMASTERED by james r scouries and/or ScouriesWorld

the SCOURIES thread… 10,879 posts … 360,514 views … 33.1 vpp
1000+ VOTE Club thread… 1,043 posts … 90,573 views … 86.8 vpp
100+ COMMENT Club thread… 365 posts … 43,851 views … 120.1 vpp
The A.I.R. Contest Support thread… 1209 posts … 34,425 views … 28.5 vpp
Congrats to the A.I.R. Special Contest Award Winners … 528 posts … 22,640 views …42.9 vpp
the AVATARS question… … 1248 posts … 20,129 views … 16.1vpp

And of course the lovergirl (ytcc) threadmistressed scouries homage thread
New Authors – please meet mr SCOURIES … 4778 posts … 47,451 views … 9.9 vpp

Hard to believe these numbers given that no one can see the threads according to darkboy isn’t it? Next thing you know he’ll be graphing them :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Only if you've pulled the window frame out of the wall because you wanted company on your way to the ground.

We don't need anything like that in the States. They sell guns in Wal-Mart here willy-nilly to just about anyone.

Long flight to buy a gun at Wal-Mart for scouries, though. I suppose he could beat himself to death with a cricket bat. ( pardon my lack of terminology )

Don't anybody say what the word means, either. Let him look it up, if he can figure out how to use a dictionary.
 
Last edited:
Poor delusional scouries, he thinks people actually read his crap. :D

They just look so they can laugh and point.
 
Scouries thread 178 views per day, and descending.
Air Thread 90 views per day and descending.
Most comment thread 32 views per day, and descending.
Most votes thread 47 views per day, and descending.

This thread, 211 views per day.
Isolated Blurt Thread, 447 views per day.
Humor Thread, 125 views per day.
Nipples Thread, 574 views per day.

Troll-math and obsessive self clicking do not popularity create, except in the mind of one desperate to believe he isn't a bug :D
 
Last edited:
Back on topic:

The one advantage of work killing me and not letting me do much of anything this week was frying my brain enough to get to cold-read state on Center Piece in a hurry, and I just finished that.

Now that I've tweaked it, I'll be running it through the grammar and spell checks in both Word and Wordperfect before handing it off to my editor.
 
image.php

whine ... whine ... whine.

THREADMASTERED by james r scouries and/or ScouriesWorld

the SCOURIES thread… 10,879 posts … 360,514 views … 33.1 vpp
1000+ VOTE Club thread… 1,043 posts … 90,573 views … 86.8 vpp
100+ COMMENT Club thread… 365 posts … 43,851 views … 120.1 vpp
The A.I.R. Contest Support thread… 1209 posts … 34,425 views … 28.5 vpp
Congrats to the A.I.R. Special Contest Award Winners … 528 posts … 22,640 views …42.9 vpp
the AVATARS question… … 1248 posts … 20,129 views … 16.1vpp

And of course the lovergirl (ytcc) threadmistressed scouries homage thread
New Authors – please meet the wonderful mr SCOURIES … 4778 posts … 47,451 views … 9.9 vpp

Hard to believe these numbers given that no one can see the threads according to darkboy isn’t it?

We're delighted with our thread numbers - and in fact our view per post numbers have actually increased since the last time we examined them. I notice you didn't mention the vpp figures in your post for some reason.

And your suggestion that the view per day numbers are falling on SW threads is a lie as you well know. Nor did you give us the trend on the non SW threads you mentioned. I wonder why not...

Well of course we all know why not. It's something we've discussed before. It's your lack of INTEGRITY and INTELLECTUAL HONESTY.

By the way - how are the darkboy threads doing? Are there any darkboy threads? Are their views per post and view per day numbers rising or falling? Do you have a thread withh over 10,000 views?
 
Just sent off to the editor a longish (for me. 13,000 words) "everything, including the kitchen sink" satire for the Winter contest that originated in a forum discussion here. I'm thinking it has something for every one to hate. I didn't intentionally write it to set anyone off, though. I was jus' havin' fun. That I wrote it in a day must have meant I was pretty bored otherwise too.
 
Sorry scouries but your bullshit and lies still don't wash, I don't care how you spin them. Your views per post is ass backwards as usual.

Since most of the posts are made by you or your alt, the numbers are worthless to start with. The majority of the rest of the posts are people like me calling you out on your bullshit.

So what are the real numbers? Nobody fucking cares. Probably 70% of the people on Lit have you on ignore. Now there is a number that speaks loads.
 
Only scouries could believe that opening a thread and not finding it worth replying to is something to crow about *laugh*

Thus: "Troll-math"
 
image.php

I wish they had a little counter that showed how many people put scouries on ignore on a daily basis. It would be pretty giggle-worthy watching that number rise every time…

Only scouries could believe that opening a thread …


darkboy’s problem has always been that he inevitably forgets what he originally posted. What his original argument was.

liar%20silhouette%20of%20nose%20growing%20from%20lying.jpg

you aren't fooling us darkboy...

In this case he suggested that everyone had the boss on ignore. However when faced by the fact that mr scouries threads are among the most viewed on the site he’s now suggesting that yes people are viewing his threads (mind you he doesn’t explain how this is possible if everyone has him on ignore) but somehow mr scouries ability to attract readers isn’t important.

Huh?

Doesn’t make much sense does it? Until you remember that somehow darkboy won a contest with the least read story entered! Perhaps he also believes that the least viewed threads are the most important ones…

What an idiot … or more likely just some guy with NO INTEGRITY
 
I'm pretty sure that it's mostly because you and your alts talk among yourselves--a lot--Jim. And then there are the "he's a fake" follow-on posts. Excise those, and your threads would probably stay somewhere below page 4. I don't think anyone would argue that there's any useful discussion on any of those threads. I think that's more important than manufacturing your own view stats.
 
It's sort of funny in a sad way, watching him dance around reality and try to convince everyone else the delusional fantasy world he's created for himself is real :)

51% of the posts on one thread from him and his alts ( or "employees" LOL ) 49% on another. 55% on another. His best record is 18%, and the bulk of that thread was before he finally -- after years of failing at a task a chimp could have sussed out -- figured out how to make his posts even more annoying and likely to trigger ignore with oversized fonts and hijacked pictures.

Meanwhile, got confirmation that my editor has my story in hand, so I should most likely have it back by tomorrow evening at the latest, ready to submit for a Tuesday posting :)

Second one is already up to the heat, and I'm aiming to finish the first draft about the time I get the first one back from editing.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top