Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm chatting up the 23 year old daughter of my former mechanic, and I was given so many chances to ask her out, blowing all of them. Hell, I started the conversation with the intent of asking her out. I just have no idea how to make a move...

Worried about my sister-in-law. She's in a good hospital but her mom says her speech sounds like she's having a stroke and they haven't figured out what's happening yet. :( Don't dare say anything on Facebook or her relatives may start calling her mother who is on her way there.

So I'm chatting up the 23 year old daughter of my former mechanic, and I was given so many chances to ask her out, blowing all of them. Hell, I started the conversation with the intent of asking her out. I just have no idea how to make a move...

Stop thinking of it as "making a move" and say, "It was great talking to you. Would you like to... (have dinner, get a cup of coffee, something) this weekend?"

When she says, "Yeah, I'd like that," ask when is good for her.

Just a thought.

Ever have one of those days when you burst into tears at work? Yup. First time I've done that since 2002.

I despise my boss, I dislike my job, and most of all I hate pregnancy hormones. :(

Those hormones make everything seem impossible to endure. And yet we do get through it faster than seems possible when we're on the other side. :rose:

Stop thinking of it as "making a move" and say, "It was great talking to you. Would you like to... (have dinner, get a cup of coffee, something) this weekend?"

When she says, "Yeah, I'd like that," ask when is good for her.

Just a thought.

I didn't think of it as "making a move" until I was typing it up. At the time of the event all I could think about was that she had to pick up her younger brother in the hour after leaving the gym, and I couldn't find the words to ask her out for later. I was completely on the defensive even though I initiated the conversation, and I froze up :(

So, getting paid to watch a "reality" show get taped, and then watching them get pick-up shots is just weird...

Jersey Shores, was my first thought and then.... :eek:

I think it's called the Jersey Housewives and I know he lives up around where they do some filming. The Jersey Shore is a bunch of drunkin kids having sex and behaving badly. I haven't seen either show. That's just hearsay.

I think it's called the Jersey Housewives and I know he lives up around where they do some filming. The Jersey Shore is a bunch of drunkin kids having sex and behaving badly. I haven't seen either show. That's just hearsay.

The same here. I see "Reality TV" and I always ask myself, whose reality are they talking about?

Ice Loves Coco. We designed their house that they are building. I had to sign a release so there is a 1% chance that I will be seen on the show, smiling like a dufus and not saying anything.

50.8 miles on a bicycle today— a new personal best distance. It took 4:55 of actual riding and 6:15 of total time.

Overall, I averaged 8.13 MPH and a not-awful 10.33 MPH whilst actually on the bike.

I cannot believe the fuckers who do the damn Ironman stuff. After swimming 2.4 miles, the lunatics then bicycle 112 miles followed by a damn 26.2 mile marathon.

I am damn sure I can't swim 2.4 miles. I doubt if I could ride a bicycle 112 miles. I have run a marathon but I couldn't do it now and it sure as hell wasn't immediately after a swim and a bike ride.

555705_388775471178343_211961701_n.jpg

I didn't think of it as "making a move" until I was typing it up. At the time of the event all I could think about was that she had to pick up her younger brother in the hour after leaving the gym, and I couldn't find the words to ask her out for later. I was completely on the defensive even though I initiated the conversation, and I froze up :(

:( You've always seemed like a nice guy, Thee. That's something that most girls appreciate. Pick a phrase like the one I suggested and say it over and over in your head until it becomes ingrained, like learning lines in a play. Good luck.

:( You've always seemed like a nice guy, Thee. That's something that most girls appreciate. Pick a phrase like the one I suggested and say it over and over in your head until it becomes ingrained, like learning lines in a play. Good luck.

Well, the new line for the next time I see her is, "Hey, I forgot to get your number last time we talked." So we shall see if the words make it out of my mouth when next we meet...

__

I am making slow cooked bacon. 2 hours in the electric frying pan set to 200. It's been 35 minutes and I am sooooo tempted to just crank up the heat and finish it already...

I can safely say, I do not think I will ever be making two hour bacon again. It was good, but not worth the two hour wait. Bacon should not take two hours. Two hours. For bacon...

I can safely say, I do not think I will ever be making two hour bacon again. It was good, but not worth the two hour wait. Bacon should not take two hours. Two hours. For bacon...

Dude, I hear you. I like to experiment with cooking different things and different ways. But I can't imagine anything so good that it would be worth waiting two hours to cook. Especially if it can be just as good cooked in 5. ;)

Well, the new line for the next time I see her is, "Hey, I forgot to get your number last time we talked." So we shall see if the words make it out of my mouth when next we meet...

Aaaand she wasn't at the gym this morning. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe I won't miss a day until I see her again...

Seriously considering it, but do I really want to? I don't know.

What are you considering?

__

No gym today. Kung fu class instead. Here is to hoping she goes on the same day two weeks in a row. The sooner I see her the better my chances of saying what I want to when I see her.

If that guy spent as much time on saying something positive as he spends on just whining and complaining, life for people around him would be so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back