Why can the Government fuck over Native Americans?

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Posts
21,855
U.S. Government Bans Native American Tribe From Protesting On Their Own Land – Send In Police To Remove Protesters

If the Indian Nations are sovereign in their own land why can the government just ignore them? Treaties are laws aren't they? Yet the Fed's fuck over Indians every time.

A North Dakota federal court has prohibited indigenous tribes from protesting the Bakken pipeline on their own reservations.

Dakota Access, a developer of the pipeline, filed the report citing “Worker and law enforcement safety was at risk”.

This reaction originates from the non-violent protest by the Sanding Rock, Rose Bud and lower Brule Sioux.Dave Archambault II, chairman of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe said, “as we have said from the beginning, demonstrations regarding Dakota Access must be peaceful.”

Even though there had been no report of violent confrontation with police or otherwise, removing the protest encampments and demonstrators may proceed.

The Bakken pipeline is the less popular version of the Keystone XL pipeline. The Bakken pipeline is 1,134-mile long underground oil pipeline project for crude oil from the Bakken oil fields in Northwest North Dakota, through South Dakota, Iowa and end in Patoka, Illinois.
 
Does this have approval at some tribal level? Is it required? Up here if natives are united NO your a dead in the water.
 
It's not just then native M'aricans.

Fucking with people just for the sake of being control freaks who fuck with people or to take peoples money/property is pretty much all the government does with few exceptions.
 
Last edited:
The Federal court just struck down a recent voter ID law that put undue burdens on Native Americans.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/north-dakotas-voter-id-law-is-latest-to-be-overturned/

On Monday, in North Dakota, U.S. District Judge Daniel Hovland struck down the voter ID law in that state because it created an undue burden for Native Americans. “No eligible voter, regardless of their station in life, should be denied the opportunity to vote,” he said.

Al Jaeger, North Dakota’s secretary of state, told FRONTLINE that the state doesn’t have time to appeal before the 2016 election. “We feel we have no choice but to comply with the judge’s ruling, and we’ll make plans accordingly,” he said.
 
Canada has voter ID laws. Not a real issue up here. What passes for ID is lacks. Library cards make the list as do credit card bills with address. Native cards are government issued so they easily are allowable ID.

*American liberal Democrat response*


But what about the black people who don't want to go get an ID every decade? They are oppressed!! Canadian laws are racist!!
 
Canada has voter ID laws. Not a real issue up here. What passes for ID is lacks. Library cards make the list as do credit card bills with address. Native cards are government issued so they easily are allowable ID.
The North Dakota voter ID law required a street address. Many residents of reservations have no street address.
 
The North Dakota voter ID law required a street address. Many residents of reservations have no street address.

What no Native ID government issued cards? Native here are under Federal jurisdiction and can apply for ID card. First Nations people up here are exempted from paying the GST. That's 8% savings. Natives don't leave home without their cards.
 
What no Native ID government issued cards? Native here are under Federal jurisdiction and can apply for ID card. First Nations people up here are exempted from paying the GST. That's 8% savings. Natives don't leave home without their cards.
Sure they do, but some only have a PO box for an address. They wouldn't be able to use them for voting under the new law.
 
Sure they do, but some only have a PO box for an address. They wouldn't be able to use them for voting under the new law.

If Federal ID is not enough then it is an attempt to limit their voting rights. You folk have it as backwards. Just because the power derives from the people does not mean that the federal government should derive it's powers from what the states grant it. It should be the other way around. Federal ID should be more than enough, even if with a P.O. address.
 
"We’re days away from getting a resolution on the legal issues, and they came in on a holiday weekend, and destroyed the site,” Jan Hasselman, attorney for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, said. “What they have done is absolutely outrageous.”

"It felt like a set up,” Young Bear said.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...s-violent-destroys-graves-sacred-sites-165677


On Friday, the Tribe filed court documents identifying the area as home to significant Native artifacts and sacred sites.

Sacred places containing ancient burial sites, places of prayer and other significant cultural artifacts of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe were destroyed on Saturday September 3 by Energy Transfer Partners


As an amendment to the injunction filed in U.S. district court in Washington, D.C., a map of burials and sacred sites was provided by the tribe, many of those sites, falling in the path of construction that Dakota Access bulldozed over on September 3.


http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...ruction-and-desecration-burial-grounds-energy

gsgs comment-

It has been a peaceful protest.

The energy company deliberately destroyed sacred sites in full view of the protesters.
It was a set up.
It was the people that were hired by the energy company that were violent.

"The moment grew so intense that the dogs soon started to turn on their handlers."

Protesters were attacked by the guards and the dogs. Men, women and children.
Sadistic use of tear gas. Launching big cans of tear gas
from the trucks.

The hatred that pours from racists, is poisonous as the tear gas they use.
The protesters were blinded, and the attack dogs tore at the protesters.

It is not legal to spray tear gas directly into a protesters face.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ipeline-protests-in-north-dakota-turn-violent

What was the mission of the guards and destroyers ?
They did successfully provoke the protesters.
One woman and her son did enter the fenced off area.
People did rescue the woman and the boy.
Protesters did respond when physically attacked.

The police were not involved. They had police cars a distance away. They watched.
They were there, before the incident started.


Casually Pepper Spray Everything Cop Meme

"Don't worry, I'm going to spray these kids down."

"Leave them. (Do not arrest them, and haul them away) I want to spray these kids."

It was a set up. The guards fully expected the peacefully sitting students to react to getting pepper sprayed. Pepper Spray Cop wanted to continue spraying. He was sure that he could provoke the students and give the guards a reason to use their batons.

The students remained sitting on the ground. Some screamed in pain.


http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...nternet-meme-after-pepper-spray-incident.html


The Power of Pepper Spray, Compels You!


"It's supposed to be used at a minimum of 15 feet. But he sprayed us at point blank range."

Pepper Spray Cop, insisted on returning, when all of the other police were retreating. The police officer officers had decided that they would take the students offer.

The crowd of students chanted "You Can Go," for a long time. The message had been accepted. They would go. Who was the police officer, that had to pull Pepper Spray Cop, away, over and over again ?

Officer Pepper Spray was on a Power Trip.

Is this what is in the mix ? Enjoying the privelege of being allowed to exhibit the power that they have been given over other people ?

Students were witness of how brutally the police officers dressed in riot gear, were treating the protesters. When Officer Pepper Spray sadistically sprayed the protestor's faces, the crowd of witnesses chanted "Shame On You."

Suddenly, it was not a situation, where the militarized police were victimizing a small amount of students.

The police officer's power trip was over. They were overwhelmingly outnumbered. They did not entertain the idea that what they were doing, would attract attention ? They are unprepared for this situation, and they are at a loss of what to do ? WTF kind of training are they getting, before they wade into what is a passive political situation ? Over, and over again, the move is to escalate. No one teaches them to re-read escalate ? Or, escalation is a tool, to acquire an excuse to use deadly force ?

I am so glad that some of the police officer could assess the situation, and accept that they could not finish their "mission."

If it were not for good strategists in the crowd of witnesses, it might have been Kent State, all over, again


The guards and workers did manage to destroy the sacred sites.
What ever was there has been scattered over miles.
The land has been scraped bare, and everything is mixed together.
It is no longer untouched and original.

The provocateurs hired by the energy company retreated.
What will be said in a court of law ?
"Just following orders ?"
"We were ordered to destroy these sacred sites."
"They were trespassing."
"We aimed our trucks and moving equipment at them because we were frightened."

(In reality, fear provokes anger. The guards and workers threatened the protesters to evoke anger. This confrontation was planned, down to the last detail. How far would they have carried the confrontation, if the dog handlers did not lose their nerve ?)
 
Last edited:
we can't require people to show a photo ID, how will the dead vote?

Often and for whichever party ponies up the best deal.

Just like always.

But it's not the dead the GOP is worried about, it's all the non-dead, non-white, non rich as fuck, non-females that scare the crap outta them.
 
The pipeline employees and the security guards left on Saturday, when they accomplished the mission given to them.Destroyed the Native American remains, destroyed the Native American monument, destroyed the sacred site. FUBAR Generated negative publicity against the Native American protesters. (The police know where their interests lie. The workers and guards lied about getting attacked and injured. The police slanted the story against the protesters, and the media ate it up.) Destroyed the protester's physical well being and peace of mind.


Sunday morning the people hired by the energy company went right back to work, destroying what would stand in the way of the pipeline. Inspectors were due to look at the land. It would not suit the purposes of the energy company, to have evidence where the inspectors could easily find it.


Moments After Judge Denies DAPL Injunction, Federal Agencies Intervene

September 9, 2016

(U.S. District Judge James Boasberg denied the tribe’s request for injunction Friday, Sept. 9, in the tribe’s lawsuit against the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers)

The Army Corps of engineers denied and lied. It almost worked for them. The Judge would have let the energy completely destroy the site. The pipeline would have a chance to be built. But, the Judge and the Army Corps of Engineers Did not expect The Spanish Inquisition! No one ever does! Wait. That is not right. They did not expect government officials to step in. Then, again, the government made a request to pause the work. I did not hear any threats made, by these three government agencies, if the work was not paused. Is this a meaningless gesture ? President Obama's office sent a letter that President Obama does not give a fuck about a few thousand Native Americans concerned with religious sites and loss of clean water. America needs oil for industry! Oil for jobs! And poor quality oil to sell to other countries. Is this a meaningless gesture on the part of President Obama's administration ? Or, are they trying to finagle a way to help the energy company get through this temporary block ?

Shortly after Judge Boasberg’s decision, the three government agencies stepped in, suggesting that a change in process may be in order when it comes to how the courts and federal law view Indian land.

In Friday's ruling, U.S. District Judge James E. Boasberg acknowledged that "the United States' relationship with the Indian tribes has been contentious and tragic." But he went on to say that the Army Corps "likely complied" with its obligation to consult the tribe, adding that the tribe "has not shown it will suffer injury that would be prevented by any injunction the Court could issue."

On the heels of that ruling, however, the Justice Department, the Department of the Army and the Interior Department announced that construction in an area of Army Corps' land that is particularly significant to the tribe will not go forward pending further evaluation.

"The Army will not authorize constructing the Dakota Access pipeline on Corps land bordering or under Lake Oahe until it can determine whether it will need to reconsider any of its previous decisions regarding the Lake Oahe site under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) or other federal laws," the statement read.

The agencies asked the pipeline company to "voluntarily pause all construction activity within 20 miles east or west of Lake Oahe."


“We appreciate the District Court’s opinion on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act,” the joint announcement stated. “However, important issues raised by the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and other tribal nations and their members regarding the Dakota Access pipeline specifically, and pipeline-related decision-making generally, remain.”


"...we request that the pipeline company voluntarily pause all construction activity within 20 miles east or west of Lake Oahe.”


http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...-near-standing-rock-army-corps-doj-doi-165743

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ruction-can-proceed-on-dakota-access-pipeline

gsgs comment

Why am I imagining a voice saying, "We are from the government, and we are hear to help."

That never bodes well..

US government requests Dakota Access pipeline owners 'voluntarily pause' work on section in North Dakota despite judge's ruling .


Which three federal agencies stepped in ?

The Department of Justice, the Army and the Interior Department jointly announced that construction would pause on the pipeline near North Dakota's Lake Oahe, a major water source on the Missouri River for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...n-Access-Pipeline-in-North-Dakota?detail=hide


Standing Rock had sued the Corps on July 27 alleging violations of several federal laws, including the Clean Water Act, the National Historic Protection Act and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), in its approval of the permits.


http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...-near-standing-rock-army-corps-doj-doi-165743
 
All the states, where the pipeline was due to be placed, people were fearful of eminent domain.They negotiated. Now, there are lawsuits with the energy company.

If completed, the Dakota Access Pipeline would carry crude from the nearby Bakken oilfields to Illinois, where it would meet an existing pipeline that would transport the oil to Texas. That's the home state of the billionaire and major Republican political donor behind the project: Kelcy Warren, chair of Energy Transfer Equity of Dallas, a company that's No. 65 on this year's Fortune 500 list.

So who is Kelcy Warren?


Warren lives in a 27,200-square-foot castle in the Preston Hollow neighborhood of north Dallas, a community that had restrictive covenants in place until 2000 limiting it to white people only (except for domestic servants). The neighborhood is also home to former President George W. Bush.

Forbes estimates the 60-year-old Warren's personal wealth at $4 billion. Bloomberg described him as "among America's new shale tycoons" — but rather than building a fortune by drilling he "takes the stuff others pull from underground and moves it from one place to another, chilling, boiling, pressurizing, and processing it until it's worth more than when it burst from the wellhead."


https://www.facingsouth.org/2016/09/...ne-controversy

Why was the pipeline fast tracked, when the public has turned against pipelines that endanger water sources ?

The article in the link includes political campaign donations by Kelcy Warren.


When did construction start?

Earlier this year. Much of the pipe is already in place. News reports estimate that about a quarter of the Iowa route is done, more than 90 percent in South Dakota, 60 percent in North Dakota and 60 percent in Illinois. But a pipeline that is even 99 percent finished isn't actually done. Like a tire with one small hole can't carry a car, an oil pipeline can't carry product until the whole thing is sealed. At one point, the company said it was hoping to have the pipeline in operation by this November. More recent statements have pushed that back to the start of 2017. Construction can be affected by weather, so the schedule is still up for revision.


http://www.dallasnews.com/business/e...-to-dallas.ece
 
Standing Rock Sioux Testifies About DAPL Before United Nations in Geneva

“I am here because oil companies are causing the deliberate destruction of our sacred places and burials,” he told the United Nations Human Rights Commission in Geneva on September 20. “Dakota Access wants to build an oil pipeline under the river that is the source of our nation’s drinking water. This pipeline threatens our communities, the river and the earth. Our nation is working to protect our waters and our sacred places for the benefit of our children not yet born.”
Speaking at the 33rd Session of the U.N. Human Rights Council, which runs from September 13 through 30, Archambault outlined the ways in which the pipeline and the treatment of water protectors by the company’s employees had violated the protectors’ human rights.
“Thousands have gathered peacefully in Standing Rock in solidarity against the pipeline,” he said in a statement from the tribe afterward. “And yet many water protectors have been threatened and even injured by the pipeline’s security officers. One child was bitten and injured by a guard dog. We stand in peace but have been met with violence.”


http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...ifies-about-dapl-united-nations-geneva-165853

We are here to support our brothers and sisters in the North,” announced James McCook, a member of the Pueblo of Sandia who offered a blessing to the marchers before they hit the highway. The show of support was another indication that the #NODAPL movement is moving to a national and international level, with tribes from as far away as New Mexico paying close attention to the decisions being made by the courts, the Obama administration and the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.

What’s happening in the Eastern Agency of the Navajo Nation is fracking,” said Johnson, who grew up in Ganado, Arizona. “There’s the Piñon pipeline that’s going through the Navajo Nation at our emergence point. It’s a huge issue, so when you see something like this that is actually picking up momentum, you want to support it, because that might mean in the future that the same support will be there for us when we need it.”

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...-standing-rock-sioux-albuquerque-march-165841
 
leaked memo

Will the North Dakota state officials be telling lies, in order to help the pipeline push through ? The Army Corps of Engineers lied in a court of law, and it took government intervention to halt the push.

http://bismarcktribune.com

Because of the Corps’ failure as a trustee, our people have suffered a loss beyond measure,” Archambault said. “Our ancient burial sites, the places where our Lakota and Dakota ancestors were laid to rest, have been destroyed. Imagine a bulldozer running through your family’s cemetery. It is unimaginable. Yet this is what the Corps has allowed.”

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...ed-site-destruction-1281-sign-petition-165877

Scraped clean and all evidence destroyed and buried.
Look at the photograph.
You would never know anything was there.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...ed-site-destruction-1281-sign-petition-165877


Not their problem ?
Cannonball Ranch sold to Dakota Access LLC
Area sold near the Camp of the Sacred Stone

Bismarck, ND

Private property along Highway 1806 has been sold to Dakota Access LLC.

The land sold today is not where the Sacred Stone Camp sits, but it is an area where other protests occurred.

According to the deed, obtained by KX News, land owners David and Brenda Meyer of Flasher sold the land to Dakota Access, LLC.

The sale of the land known as Cannonball Ranch became final today when it was officially signed by lawyers.

A phone call to David Meyer confirmed the sale. He didn't want to go into detail, but did say he sold the land for liability reasons.

He says there were just too many people on his property all the time.

He added, "It's a beautiful ranch, but I just wanted out."

http://www.myndnow.com/news/bismarck-news/protest-land-sold-to-dakota-access-llc

On the same day as the Cannonball Ranch sale, more than 1,200 archaeologists and museums sent a letter to President Barack Obama, the Department of Justice, the Department of the Interior and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers urging a full Environmental Impact Statement be completed as well as a survey of cultural resources along the pipeline’s route.

“The destruction of these sacred sites adds yet another injury to the Lakota, Dakota, and other Indigenous Peoples who bear the impacts of fossil fuel extraction and transportation. If constructed, this pipeline will continue to encourage oil consumption that causes climate change, all the while harming those populations who contributed little to this crisis,” reads part of the letter.


http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2016/09/23/sacred-burial-ground-sold-dakota-access-165888
 
Obama doesn't give a fuck about Nigga's dying in the streets of Chicago, you think he cares about NA's?
200_s.gif
 
Back
Top