After Dark - OOC THREAD-

GinaeEvans

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 3, 2013
Posts
655
Lookin' to start a group roleplay with enough players for regular interaction so the RP can move along even if one or two people lose interest, have other obligations etc...

Note: I prefer people who have a certain amount of eloquence when they write and who put forth an effort. Please, above all, no 'one sentence responses'. Give the others more to work with than that.

Premise

Apocalyptic landscape that is slowly being rebuilt. In this world, there are squads of human wanderers/societies, werewolves, vampires, human cattle, and a group of specialized humans (or rebel weres, vamps) called the Hunters.

You're welcome to play any group above, male or female, or suggest ideas for more characters. There are many possibilities for steady interaction between the groups. Chances for a 'forbidden love' type angle, if that's your preference. We also have the Vampire/Were and his/her pet type scenarios, hostage situations and so on...

Come on, it'll be fun.

Any takers? PM or reply to this thread.
 
Wonderful. Please think about a character you'd like to play and post a brief description, as well as a short backstory and/or personality traits.

Might I add that you may also play several characters if you're so inclined.
 
What are the rules for the vamps and weres?

Are you going with a classical sort of thing where the vamps can't go out in daylight, they can't go on holy ground and they can't deal with garlic, stake through the heart kills them sort of thing? Or did you have in mind something more Twilight-esque where Vampires sparkle in daylight? Or did you have something more middle of the road planned like in Underworld where it's a virus?
 
Description:

"In a hundred years, no one will remember us. Unless we do things worth remembering."
barbara-palvin-beautiful-eyes-hair-Favimcom-532297.jpg

Name: Kara Megis
Gender: Female
Age: Twenty-Three
Role: The Adventurer
Orientation: Straight.
Race: Human

While Kara's clothes are often simple and usually wrinkled, her beryl blue eyes are often calm and calculating. Her tawny hair matches her clothes well, mostly due to the constant running of hands through the thick locks. Kara is an easy book to read, as she rarely bothers to hide her many emotions. When she grows excited, her eyes glisten and her speech becomes passionate.

Personality:
Kara is a unpredictable creature. She lives for spontaneity and often finds herself going with the flow rather than planning ahead for just about everything. Her life revolves around learning new things, meeting new people, and trying to stay alive. She's developed a more pragmatist mode of thinking throughout the years, and rarely wastes time trying to be logical and rational. Her adventurous ways have left her with a few weakness as well, the most prominent being her lack of commitment and dislike of staying put for too long in one place. She is very self-reliant, and rarely has the need to ask others for assistance ( even when she could use it.)

History:

TBC


In progress
 
Please no sparkly vampires. :(

I was thinking more of the Underworld -ah- world coupled with a certain intolerance towards sunlight. The weres, depending on age and power, are able to shift at will and retain conscious thought.


Other questions? Suggestions? Please, don't be shy.
 
Thank you kindly. :)

Also, I'm quite glad we aren't doing a Twilight sparkly vampires. I rarely play in rp's with any vampires, but knowing we weren't going to have any sparkles here made it much better.
 
I'm not partial to vampires in particular, but many others are. I wanted to give several choices as to what people could play.

Let's see if I get a few more nibbles, and then I'll post an intro.
 
No one remembers the bite. Well, that's not exactly true. Everyone remembers the bite. It's what comes after that's a blur. You wake up the next day not knowing where you are or how you got there. You don't remember what happened that night. The last thing you can remember is the bite. But you convince yourself that it must have been a particularly lucid dream, well, nightmare, because you know, know to your very core, that if you had been attacked by a wolf you wouldn't be alive right now.

So what if all that remains of your clothes are tatters and shreds? There's not a scratch on you. You must have gone drinking. That's what happened. Drinking, passed out and robbed. Maybe stripped as a prank. That's what happened. That has to be what happened. It's rational. It makes sense. It fits the facts.

You'll forget about it. It will become a joke, an anecdote. A story you tell at parties. A precautionary tale. Don't drink too much, you'll want to remember what happens in the morning! HA! HA! HA!

At least until your first full moon. This time you'll remember more. Not a lot more, but some more. Snippets really. The pain of the transformation. The howling. Running with the pack. The hunt. When you wake up this time there will be blood. All over you. It's harder to rationalize this time, but not impossible.

Then comes the next month. And the next. Within half a year it's happening more often, not just on the moon. By your second year you will spend more time as a wolf then as a man. Who knows how long this lasts? You certainly won't. You're more of an animal now, then you ever were a man.

Eventually you start to take control again. It could take decades. Everyone you used to know will have moved on, having assumed you died. That matters less now. Time moves slower for us, you won't have aged much, as a wolf, and they will. More than that you will have found a pack. They are your new family.

Or so I'm told. I was born a werewolf. Born in captivity. A slave in chains of silver. Silver prevented all but the worst of my transformations. I learned control much earlier then my wild brethren.

"The daytime guardians of the vampires." Until we left. Or rebelled. Depends on who is telling the story. But before any of the old vampires lords get going on about their captive were's terrible betrayal, ask them what was restraining us from leaving during the day? Yes, they helped us learn to control the curse. We were grateful for that, the curse is terrible until you master it. They protected and hid us from the humans. We paid them back with over a century of service.

But that was a long time ago. I stay away from all that political crap these days. Or I did. Before I got dragged back in.

-------------

OOC: Or something like that. I'm not sure it would fit in perfectly with whatever it is you've got planned, but I started writing and this came out.

I kind of envision a character sharing a similar backstory with Lucien in the first Underworld movie, but a loner who left the group to wander the world.

Let me know what you think.
 
I like him very much. A lone wanderer is perfectly fine in a vast apocalyptic wasteland, after all. ;)
 
Bump.


Got a couple of interested people. Any other takers before I type up an intro?
 
Ah, bollocks.

Doesn't look like we'll have enough participants. Perhaps another time, then.

Though, I'd be more than happy to participate in a smaller-themed version of this RP with the two of you if either of you are interested.
 
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/...images/Lucy-Hale-lucy-hale-801290_500_747.jpg
Name: Maia Roberts
Gender: Female
Age: Twenty
Species: Half-human, half-fae (is that okay? I can change it)
Role: Healer

Clothing: soft fabrics in neutral colors; often wears flowy dresses that go to her knees; denim jacket; motorcycle boots with lacy but modest dresses; no makeup; hair usually worn down; silver necklace that belonged to her deceased mother, engraved with an owl

Personality: sweet and friendly; giggles a lot when talking; very intelligent but not the best survival skills; loves animals; sometimes shy but can also be very bold at times; fearless; hates fighting and heals everyone who needs healing, friendly or not; good intentions but messes up often; clumsy
 
Back
Top