Ask a MtF TG a question

dammit, my AV processor is gone temperamental, I can't watch videos!

*waves hello to Paradox*

I got nothing special to say, but :kiss::rose: to me dear friend

Weelll... it's for the surgery. When you're playing patchwork quilts with your bits, there are some bits that really shouldn't have hairs going out :eek: Leave you to figure? :D

and no, I won't: I have zero interest in seeing my penis TYVM
So happy you can have this procedure. I can't but would be like you and not worry about never seeing my things again. You are a doll for having this discussion and sharing your views. Best of luck

*waving* :kiss:'s and especially :roses:'s are very much welcome on this thread :)

Better today thank heavens especially as the weather is very hot

2 sessions done now and healing ok despite the steamy weather :)

Oh btw
I've started to cut n paste some of the convos here: edited to remove names and edited to make sense of the sequences. I hope this is ok? I wanted to make the convos open to a wider audience ( cos pulling up Literotica can be embarrassing in the family home ... )

Please let me know if you think this is a bad thing and I can delete it - the last thing I want to do is cause anyone a problem

It's here
http://as-i-see-it-trans.tumblr.com/

Yay! I'm quoted! Though you failed to redact my full Lit name in one case :D

I hope this and your other tumblr thread are reaching a wider audience.

Yay! I'm quoted! Though you failed to redact my full Lit name in one case :D

I hope this and your other tumblr thread are reaching a wider audience.
Thanks - fixed it now.
That's the main thing - to let people read real questions and discussions. There are lots of sound-bite Tumblr blogs but, if people have the patience, hopefully there is something good in there.

I wasn't sure if people would be annoyed - I could PM them I guess... maybe I ought to do that? ( Done that now )

Anyway I've got a couple of days before I start promoting it.

Last edited:
You're addressing a variety of questions that people either want to know the answers to (viz. this thread) or need to know the answers to. Educate the masses!

I think you did a wonderful job with the blog.

Healing okay after two sessions is great! I hope it continues like that :rose::kiss:

Gotta a question y'all
Since Andreja Pejic has had her surgery and, although she's single now, has had boyfriends in the past, but never felt that she was gay. I know exactly what she means. I have nothing against gay guys - you know me better than that, but when people asked me 'Are you just gay?' I was vehement in my reply: 'No, I'm not!'

I never meant that to sound anti-gay, but for me it just wasn't the truth. I still feel vaguely guilty for that denial - not exactly Judas denying Christ - but the strength of my denial was because I knew I was a woman.

Does that make sense?

Gotta a question y'all
Since Andreja Pejic has had her surgery and, although she's single now, has had boyfriends in the past, but never felt that she was gay. I know exactly what she means. I have nothing against gay guys - you know me better than that, but when people asked me 'Are you just gay?' I was vehement in my reply: 'No, I'm not!'

I never meant that to sound anti-gay, but for me it just wasn't the truth. I still feel vaguely guilty for that denial - not exactly Judas denying Christ - but the strength of my denial was because I knew I was a woman.

Does that make sense?

It does, if an only if one thinks of you as woman.

If OTOH, from people who do not have an understanding of trans* folks, then you have a penis, therefore, you are a man. So if you like men, you're just gay. All this woman trapped in a man's body is just bullshit.

BTW at my last job, this insufferable prick that I worked with sent an email to me asking me if I was a little girl trapped in a man's body. There are still neanderthals in this world. Come to think of it, calling that guy a neanderthal would be an insult to neanderthals.

Gotta a question y'all

Does that make sense?

Yes. I am a woman too and into men so I am not gay, but a straight woman who was born as a woman. Just this las bit is the difference between the two of us (except that I am a little bit older than you) which many people can't wrap their minds around.

A man feeling like a woman is a gay man. That is what are able to understand if they don't want to invest a little bit of time to sort things out.

Gotta a question y'all

Does that make sense?

Of course it makes sense and it doesn't sound anti-gay to me. Anyone who'd even ask that of you is, in my opinion, an ass-wipe, their questioning not only your womanhood but also showing complete disrespect for you as a person.

I really think this needs to be required reading for everyone. Dispelling Myths, Misconceptions and Lies About Gender-Nonconforming Children and children do grow up and they do become adults but their true gender identity rarely if ever changes. The harm caused to children by hateful, stubborn, my way is the only way, my godly beliefs are the only truth people is multiplied 1000 times when that child becomes an adult and it's time we stop harming child, so when they grow up they have a chance to be happy, loving adults. This applies not only to transgender it applies to all us who don't fit into their neat little boxes.

Gotta a question y'all

Does that make sense?

This is exactly why I am following this thread. At this moment, I don't know how to respond to this question and I want to be able to. I want to be challenged, informed and able to answer with something more than a knee-jerk, "Hey, you have a dick and you like men so..."

I've already experienced some pretty significant revelations from reading this thread. I'm learning.

Great link. Thanks!

Yes, thanks Dys - it is very good article.

And thanks for the other replies too. I would be horrified to be thought of as homophobic, but sometimes thoughts form in my head or come out of my mouth and I cannot find my compass to know right from wrong. As much as I try to be objective, I sometimes can't see the wood for the trees.

This is exactly why I am following this thread. At this moment, I don't know how to respond to this question and I want to be able to. I want to be challenged, informed and able to answer with something more than a knee-jerk, "Hey, you have a dick and you like men so..."

I've already experienced some pretty significant revelations from reading this thread. I'm learning.
Good to hear that Paradox :)
Yup dick, dick, dick - the world is defined by dick. You either have it or you need it.... Sheesh :rolleyes:

Brynn Tannehill has made some solid points and I'll pick up on one for now.

"When I was young I was a tomboy, and I didn't turn out to be transgender.

Individuals saying this sort of thing may have demonstrated some cross-gender behaviors but not a persistent cross-gender identity. This is a key difference between the two, and such comparisons represent a false analogy."

I still am a bit of a tomboy by some people's standards! Perhaps it's our normally grey weather in the UK, but I seldom wear skirts, but when I do I feel pretty special? It doesn't bother me to wear jeans and a top, but I'll always wear clothing with a girls label: assuming I can get my ass to look right! I'll wear less fitted tops because I don't have the boobs to show off ... women shop to make the best of themselves.

I have trans friends for whom clothing matters far more and I guess they need the affirmation it brings. I try to find a fashion middle ground so that I don't stand out in the street and I'm sure other girls get hassled more because they glam it up too much. Less is more when it comes to style IMO: accessories are the key to sending out the right message, not just about your gender, but your status. I suppose it's like a camouflage. I dare say the camouflage will have to change when I get my first job ( no news on that btw )

Last edited:
That was a great article.

I had a colleague whose son always wanted to dress up as a princess. Reading your thread makes me think of that young guy. My friend would encourage him to play with trucks etc but he wanted none of that. His mom thought he would grow out of it and it was because he was influenced by his older sister. I read that Tannehill article and immediately thought of him.

Gotta a question y'all

Does that make sense?
Absolutely

I was watching that video of Ryland Whittington, who happened to be born deaf, and thinking how, quite often there are parallel medical strangenesses with transgender folk. So how is it that we accept that Ryland is deaf yet some doubt his gender ID?

Something happened during pregnancy that affected his hearing: maybe it was genetic, maybe it was some, as yet unrecognised, hormonal imbalance during a critical phase in his development? Truth is, science doesn't have all the answers, which is something the scientific community in particular needs to remember.

Back