Best sentence you've ever heard?

My mother thanks you. My father thanks you. My sister thanks you. And I thank you.


YANKEE DOODLE DANDY
 
Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.


DEAD POETS SOCIETY
 
Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!


AUNTIE MAME
 
Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!


CADDYSHACK
 
Tell 'em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper.


KNUTE ROCKNE ALL AMERICAN
 
Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't you forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight, and away we're gonna go, go, go!


ON GOLDEN POND
 
He would, wouldn't he?

From Wiki:

While giving evidence at the trial of Stephen Ward, charged with living off the immoral earnings of [Christine] Keeler and [Mandy] Rice-Davies, the latter made a famous riposte. When the prosecuting counsel pointed out that Lord Astor denied an affair or having even met her, she replied, "He would, wouldn't he?" (often misquoted as "Well, he would, wouldn't he?" or "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?"). By 1979, this phrase had entered the third edition of the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations. While doubts have been expressed about the veracity of the quote, these have not been substantiated.

Og's note: Wiki is slightly out of date. The trial transcript shows that Mandy Rice-Davies did say that.

mandy_rice_davies.jpg
 
Sawyer, you're going out a youngster, but you've got to come back a star!


42ND STREET
 
Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty killed the Beast.


KING KONG
 
Back
Top