How Does Private Feedback Work

comegently

Experienced
I got some very welcome private feedback for a story I submitted.
It arrived by email via Literotica.
I can see the sender's email address in tge message but how can I respond via literotica itself, without sending a private email directly?
The message isn't in my inbox in usercp so I guess it is a feedback feature.

I can see the sender's email address in tge message but how can I respond via literotica itself, without sending a private email directly?

Private PMs are usually used by readers who don't have an account on Lit, or do they do but don't want to post as anon/feel what they have to say is better off in private. If you want to respond but feel awkward about using your own email, I suggest you make another email and send it from there. There are online services where you can send anon emails but I can't recall which, and anyway, they are a spam risk for the recipient.

Last edited:
Thank you Kimi.
I wanted to make sure I wasn't being impolite by not responding to it.

how can I respond via literotica itself, without sending a private email directly?

You can't. If the message has been sent by someone who doesn't have a Lit account, then they are an 'anon' so far as Lit is concerned. To use the Lit PM system both sender and receiver must have Lit accounts.

It's completely up to you whether you reply privately - that would be outside Lit. As Kimi suggested, you might want to think about a "private world' only email address. Rest assured though, the other person does NOT know your email address.

Last edited:
Rest assured though, the other person does NOT know your email address.

Unless you email them back, of course.
There should be a way for the authors to connect back to the anon emails, but I can see how it'll be difficult.. There are many anon emails I'd love to respond back to, that have no return address.. sigh..

There should be a way for the authors to connect back to the anon emails, but I can see how it'll be difficult..
simplest way I can imagine - get yourself another private e-mail address exclusively for lit. And change your e-mail in your profile on lit to that e-mail. Then you can respond and still not disclose your real e-mail.

But personally, I just e-mail back if I feel like it. It's not like my e-mail is secret or anything, and I have no problem in people knowing it.

simplest way I can imagine - get yourself another private e-mail address exclusively for lit. And change your e-mail in your profile on lit to that e-mail. Then you can respond and still not disclose your real e-mail.

But personally, I just e-mail back if I feel like it. It's not like my e-mail is secret or anything, and I have no problem in people knowing it.

No, I mean, some anons don't leave their emails in the private PMs either, so if you want to tell them something, there's no way to do it.

Sometimes the feedback includes the senders Lit ID. To contact via Lit you can go to their Lit page and click on the "Contact" tab. That's how they sent the private feedback to you.

I think most of us on Lit, especially authors, use a separate email, only used for Lit. That keeps our Lit correspondence separate from our other emails.

If you don't have your LIT email sent to a separate email already I suggest you do so.

And you won't have a problem with it, until someone does something that makes it a problem.

I can't say it enough - this isn't facebook. There's a handful of people roaming the site who are legitimately unbalanced, and there's a lot someone resourceful can do with just an email address, especially if it contains real names or is used on other public sites.

My Literotica account is attached to an email that I reserve exclusively for Literotica and similar activities. It's a private email account that I use solely for this element of my personality. It's a @gmail account, though there are lots of free mail accounts I could have used. Of course, this is a pseudonym.

When I receive private feedback, it goes to that private email account. I almost always acknowledge the person writing feedback and thank them, even if I don't agree with their take on things. I've made a couple of online friends this way. I don't know for sure that every recipient expects or appreciates a reply, however, if they are willing to take the time to write to me, I feel a little bit of an obligation to write back.

Yes, I receive some email that's completely anonymous. But most of the email I receive includes a return email address and I use it. I think it's a nice feature of Literotica.

Back