Jungle Mystery (Closed)

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He reached out and slowly ran his hand over the old lion's head, gently scratching behind her ears, eliciting a satisfied grumbling that sounded like a sort of purr.

"I will like it to live with you, would give us seclusion and also some companionship."
 
She looked into his eyes, her head tilted slightly studying him.

Companionship? As in mates? Like brother and his mate?

She carefully studied his eyes as she waited for his answer.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Companionship as in all of you together, when you feel you do not want to be alone,"

his eyes was locked on the old lion as he scratched her ears, a light smile on his lips.
 
She nodded smiling.

Yes... okay... companion

She moved a little closer and curled by the old lioness staring up at the sky.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He finally grew tired of scratching the old lion behind her ears and leaned back against the tree. Looking up at the stars, a moving pinprick of light caught his attention and he wondered if that was a satellite sent to take pictures and see if he is in the village, of course they will not find him there and he gave the little light a grin.
 
She saw him smile at the skies and watched him for a moment before she spoke.

We should head back to the cave soon.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"You should, I will have to gather my belongings first, before I can join you in the caves. I will start tomorrow."
 
She nods growls out something to the lions and standing she moves to the trees to get back home quicker after kissing Ryan's cheek. As she headed back home she wondered why she did that... just a thought that seemed... right at the time now she is unsure of herself. Maybe she can sleep that feeling away.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He was rather surprised by the kiss on his cheek, it was the last thing he expected from her, but after watching her leave he sat a bit longer with the lions. Then the old mother grunted and they got up wandering into the grasslands, Ryan watched them go and decided that he should most probably go to bed as well. He got up and walked as softly as he could back to his place, the villagers was still out dancing and singing, he took the time to look at them, then he went inside and got ready for bed.
 
The next morning the villagers and the animals all seemed to be up in arms running yelling and charging everywhere. Kirea stood in the middle of the village trying to direct the chaos and then getting a villager to stop she listened for a moment and then began trying to speak with all the animals... grabbing at the trunk of an elephant that seemed to be circling the village she leaped onto its back moving it towards Ryan.

Soldiers... Torching another village and farmlands. The farmers and villagers have asked for help...

She then said something to the elephant and it lowered its trunk like a step.

want to come help?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Yes, I'll come along,"

He slipped inside, gathering the silenced sniper rifle and ammunition, he watched as she clambered up the elephant,

"Wait, you want me to climb onto that animal? What if it decides that I'm unwelcome and throws me off with that trunk?"
 
She is offering you her trunk to help you up onto her back Now hurry!!!!

She held her hand out to him motioning for him to hurry up.

You will have to get off of her back before you shoot that thing though when we get there.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He shook his head and clambered on like he saw her do, with careful maneuvering he got behind her, the gun slung over his back. As the elephant moved off he grabbed her waist until he got into the rhythm and then sat back and enjoyed the ride as the headed for the dark smoke.
 
She urged the elephant to hurry and it started "running" arriving as close to the fires as it cared to. She urged her forward a little more and then she said something else and the elephant dropped down from him to get off its back and then she hopped down.

Lets go... She will wait here for us.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He slid from the elephant's back, cocking the rifle he followed Kiera as she headed towards the dark smoke, his mind slipping back into killing mode, preparing himself mentally for having to kill other even if it is for a good deed.
 
Her movements seemed to move to that of a tigress in the tall grass stalking prey. While villagers moved to stay away from soldiers and still try to put out the fires she could tell where the soldiers were and stalked them with intent. Muscles moving in fluid grace till she was all but right behind two of them. Letting out a roar like that of a Lion she waited till they turned around to seal her daggers in both their hearts.

One soldier still managing to pull the trigger as a three round burst grazed the ground or so it seemed. She was too intent and animalistic to realize she had been hit and moved to hunt and kill more of those that sought to harm her peoples and her lands.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He loaded the rifle and lifted it, this was a milk run, the soldiers didn't even care about the people around them. He sighted on one soldier just as he made a grab for a young girl. The report from the rifle was a soft cough, the soldier's head that burst open didn't even draw attention for now. He saw Kiera take down two soldiers and the blood splatter was quite evident that she was hit, but she kept moving.

"Damn,"

he leaned against a tree, finding another target and taking him down, the soldiers was more intent on chasing after the young women and girls than their own comrades who keeled over unexplainably. Quickly scanning through the troops he finally found one that seemed like he was in charge, he was busy groping a young girl as two soldiers stood nearby making sure he didn't get disturbed.

"Say goodnight motherfucker,"

The round took the soldier above his eye, splattering his brain over the hood of the jeep behind him. Shifting his aim he shot the one soldier and by the time the second soldier reacted a third bullet found it's home, killing him.
 
Kirea moved through the smoke and flames like a phantom if not a little slower than normal she still held no understanding that she had been hit. She saw the ones by the jeep go down and then she spotted someone else... another jeep hanging back at the edge of the village. She growled low and intently, there was little cover and no smoke to hide in to get to the men in the other jeep and as soon as she cleared the smoke someone in the jeep stood up preparing to level a rifle at her till and gold trimmed uniformed arm reached up halting him.

The man who just stopped his guard form shooting her now stood up and stepped from the jeep and stood there sneering challenging her to move closer and see if she could get the revenge she wanted... challenging her to see who's side the spirits would be on this day.

Kirea roared this time and began running head on towards him knives ready covered in the blood of his man and her own nearly head to toe. Once she was half way to the man only the most careful eye would see the 3 darts suddenly sticking out of her as she kept running. As she nearly closed the distance her footing faltered flinging forward. She crouched shaking her head and then stood determined to end this vermins life only to falter again falling all but right into waiting arms of his guard who had leaped in front of him just in case.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He watched as she got duped into the reach of the second jeep's inhabitants, he didn't know what was going on until it was too late. Swearing softly he went prone, the muzzle of the rifle moving only mere inches and coughed softly. The guards that held Kiera had no idea that their effort to protect their commander was for nothing, until the one round ripped through one's throat, his comrade looked shocked, thinking that Kiera was responsible some how and he punched her already limp form. His life ended as a bullet smashed through his brain, the driver started up the jeep only to find the windshield showering him with glass pieces and a bullet bit into his chest, shattering a rib, leaving him breathless and in pain.
 
She had collapsed to the ground but was trying to get back kup still trying to fight the tranquilizers coursing through her system. Growling she collapsed once more and laid there her eyes barely able to hold themselves half open. The Elephant that had carried them here moved protectively over her stomping and rearing flailing its trunk at anyone who tried to get near her that it did not trust.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He reloaded and fired, the soldier finally realized that something was wrong, but by then it was too late, finding a sniper in a hidden position with a silenced weapon was basically impossible. Some turned to flee, they were cut down, some tried to get to the vehicles to get hold of the heavy machine guns mounted on the back, one actually got a hand on the one gun, but he fell to the deadly power of the rifle.

Ryan knew that this slaughter was for a reason, he was protecting people and it felt...good, much better than killing people for some dark reason. He shot on soldier through the knee and he fell screaming to the ground, another round ripped through his shoulder and Ryan shouted in the native language.

"Let it be known. Kiera has a mate, a spirit of grass, who kills like the night!"

He moved from position and looked out through the rolling smoke, it was clear that there was no remaining threat, but he had no protection or armor so he had to make double sure before going out there.
 
The natives who were being attacked hearing his words cheered watching the soldiers flee and fall. One yelling back that the Kirea now grows stronger as they begin to chase the fleeing soldiers slaughtering them now more on their own.

Some of the villagers from the old woman's village moved to grab Kirea and pull her back out of the way as she was out cold.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

After making sure that the enemy soldiers was routed and watching in fascination as the villagers turned on their tormentors he stood up from his hiding place and moved over to where the elephant was. The elephant stopped when he got close enough and lowered herself for him to get on, this was weird for him, he never saw this type of behavior in an African elephant, but he took the offered seat, motioning for the villagers to give Kirea to him.

"I will take her. Help here with what you can."
 
They nodded lifting her up to him with the elephants help. Even once he had a hold of her the Elephant kept trying to sniff at her and nudge her with her trunk. She seemed to know her friend was not right... but she did not sense death about her so she tried to wake her... growing fairly intent about it.

Kirea had a bullet wound sitting roughly above her right hip having entered and not exited it possibly rested against her hip bone. There were also three native darts darts showing only one sign of being from the soldiers and that being the metal tips that clearly held chemical in them instead of the native way of coating the tips. They were merely made to look native to cause more trouble.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He pulled the darts from her body, storing them just in case the old woman would need to know what antidote to create. He looked down at the elephant,

"Go to town"

He wasn't sure if the elephant would understand him, but she started to move in the right direction anyway. He first tore a piece off of his shirt and tied it over the wound on her leg and using another piece he applied pressure to the wound on her hip.

"Hang in there kiddo, we should get you fixed up soon."
 
Back
Top