The Minnesota Meltdown

DawnODay

Literotica Guru
A few years ago, we started hearing about the "Minnesota Miracle." Back then, certain indicators suggested that Minnesota had a stronger economy than the other Great Lakes states such as Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. This was considered significant because several of those states, lead among them Wisconsin, had in 2010 or 2014, come under Republican control, while Democrats controlled Minnesota. In fact, the comparison was most often made with its next-door neighbor Wisconsin, where Republicans had recently lowered taxes and enacted a number of controversial regulatory reforms to make the state more business friendly. With Minnesota having an arguably better economy, the supposed lesson: Democrats better run economies.

Now look what has happened since:

Study finds Minnesota’s economy 'average' – with a dim future (August 15, 2016).

This article noted:

attachment.php

It goes on to point out that agencies of Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton's own administration "also predict below-average economic performance" (emphasis added).

attachment.php

So much for the "Minnesota Miracle."

Now, with last November's elections, Republicans regained power in the Minnesota legislature (indicating that Minnesota voters recognize that the Democrats are mishandling things). Democrat Mark Dayton remains governor, however, and prevents any of the sort of economic and regulatory reform that has benefited many of its neighbors, like Wisconsin.

Also, remember that Wisconsin's prior governor, Democrat Jim Doyle, left behind for Scott Walker a >$3 billion deficit, even after Doyle and the Democrat controlled legislature ill-advisedly raided the state's allocated transportation fund (we're still paying for that) and illegally stole from a trust fund established to help victims of medical malpractice (how cruel)! The trust fund money the Democrats stole had to be paid back during the early years of the Walker administration. In other words, the Republicans had to dig themselves out of a nearly $4 billion dollar hole left by their Democrat immediate predecessors, so if it has taken a few years to catch up, that is certainly understandable.

Minnesota's neighboring Republican run states like Wisconsin and North Dakota are booming while Minnesota is starting to follow the downward spirals of Democrat controlled states like California and Illinois. The lesson learned: lower taxes and limiting regulation to reasonable levels are what governments must do for a healthy economy.

Tim Pawlenty, Norm Coleman, Michele Bachmann, Minnesota has had some real winners in charge lately.

Tim Pawlenty, Norm Coleman, Michele Bachmann, Minnesota has had some real winners in charge lately.

Thank you for helping to make my point (although weren't the latter two actually federal legislators, and thus not "in charge" in Minnesota).

The Republicans had Minnesota in good shape, which lasted a while after the Democrats took over, creating the illusory "Minnesota Miracle" under the Democrats. If I recall correctly, the Democrats gained full control of the Minnesota government in 2012. It only took them a few years to to turn a robust economy to "below average" performance.

16!

That's fantastic!

Back before Scott Walker and the Republicans came to power in Wisconsin, when the Democrats had the governor's office and legislature, we were in the 40s!

Under Walker and the Republicans, we advanced like 30 places!

Meanwhile, while Wisconsin booms, the article you site establishes what was predicted by the Democrats themselves last year: "Minnesota's economy grew slower than U.S. in 2016"

Thank you for finding this data for me. I'm preparing an article for my real blog and I'll be sure to use it. Thank you, too, for helping to prove my point.

Yup 16. I'd be proud of that too. Why do you have Minnesota too much? What'd they do to you?

Indeed, I'm quite proud of our advance from 40-something under Jim Doyle and the Democrats to 16th economically under Scott Walker and the Republicans!

(I have nothing against Minnesota. I love the Twin Cities, and I really appreciate their football teams. The Vikings and the Gophers make it so easy for the Packers and Badgers to get Ws!)

The fact that Wisconsin was starting to outperform Minnesota, at least in terms of growth and an improving economy, was already recognized by the summer of 2015:

Under Scott Walker, Wisconsin Has Prospered

Surprisingly, the article was written by an Economics Professor from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, an institution well known for its general antipathy to the Walker administration. Apparently, this guy was so impressed by the numbers that he advised Walker during his presidential campaign.

The fact that Wisconsin was starting to outperform Minnesota, at least in terms of growth and an improving economy, was already recognized by the summer of 2015:

Under Scott Walker, Wisconsin Has Prospered

Surprisingly, the article was written by an Economics Professor from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, an institution well known for its general antipathy to the Walker administration. Apparently, this guy was so impressed by the numbers that he advised Walker during his presidential campaign.

Great article, thanks!

As more support, all can read here what Walker's policies are doing for Wisconsin, creating jobs in a region with some of our poorest inner cities, while Minnesota's economy remains, as its Democrat administration itself admits, "below average."

Yes, that's probably true.

Leftists look at things like crime statistics, affordability of housing, access to health care.

Wing nutters, on the other hand, have different statistics.

--How many evangelical churches per capita

--How easy is it to get guns and ammo

--Number of pedophiles running for office

--How many women are deprived of access to abortion (See: #1)

--Lax domestic abuse laws

--Lack of access and means for the liberals to get educated

--Lack of unionization

--Bibles, bibles, and more bibles

And the winner is, Alabama!

Ranked by leftist on how left a state is, not actually how good it is.

Leftists look at things like crime statistics, affordability of housing, access to health care.

LOL yea and to increase crime, increase the cost of living and to make HC the most astronomically over priced pile of shit ever.

Good, because a moment's reflection is all it takes to realize these things are worst in the cities run by Democrats, like today's Chicago. Compare that, for instance, to the great strides made in these areas under conservatives, like when Rudy Giuliani ran New York City.

A few years ago, we started hearing about the "Minnesota Miracle." Back then, certain indicators suggested that Minnesota had a stronger economy than the other Great Lakes states such as Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. This was considered significant because several of those states, lead among them Wisconsin, had in 2010 or 2014, come under Republican control, while Democrats controlled Minnesota. In fact, the comparison was most often made with its next-door neighbor Wisconsin, where Republicans had recently lowered taxes and enacted a number of controversial regulatory reforms to make the state more business friendly. With Minnesota having an arguably better economy, the supposed lesson: Democrats better run economies.

Now look what has happened since:

Study finds Minnesota’s economy 'average' – with a dim future (August 15, 2016).

This article noted:

attachment.php

It goes on to point out that agencies of Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton's own administration "also predict below-average economic performance" (emphasis added).

attachment.php

So much for the "Minnesota Miracle."

Now, with last November's elections, Republicans regained power in the Minnesota legislature (indicating that Minnesota voters recognize that the Democrats are mishandling things). Democrat Mark Dayton remains governor, however, and prevents any of the sort of economic and regulatory reform that has benefited many of its neighbors, like Wisconsin.

Also, remember that Wisconsin's prior governor, Democrat Jim Doyle, left behind for Scott Walker a >$3 billion deficit, even after Doyle and the Democrat controlled legislature ill-advisedly raided the state's allocated transportation fund (we're still paying for that) and illegally stole from a trust fund established to help victims of medical malpractice (how cruel)! The trust fund money the Democrats stole had to be paid back during the early years of the Walker administration. In other words, the Republicans had to dig themselves out of a nearly $4 billion dollar hole left by their Democrat immediate predecessors, so if it has taken a few years to catch up, that is certainly understandable.

Minnesota's neighboring Republican run states like Wisconsin and North Dakota are booming while Minnesota is starting to follow the downward spirals of Democrat controlled states like California and Illinois. The lesson learned: lower taxes and limiting regulation to reasonable levels are what governments must do for a healthy economy.
Well turning Minn. into a muslim refugee welfare state for the Dems was a really dumb thing but I love the new ICE illegal policy round up up and ship them to California as its a safe haven for illegals,terrorist and commie's.

Well turning Minn. into a muslim refugee welfare state for the Dems was a really dumb thing but I love the new ICE illegal policy round up up and ship them to California as its a safe haven for illegals,terrorist and commie's.

Government is now, and always has been a necessary evil, strictly overhead on the productivity of the working public. Government doesn't produce anything, which is why taxes are necessary to support it. It's a parasitic relationship, and the less of it the better. There are only a minimal few functions for which we benefit from government, then it's a rapidly accelerating game of diminishing returns.

Learn to read, dumb ass

All that means, according to my post above, is that "conservative" leaders "like Giuliani" turned their cities into great left cities. Thanks!

Good, because a moment's reflection is all it takes to realize these things are worst in the cities run by Democrats, like today's Chicago. Compare that, for instance, to the great strides made in these areas under conservatives, like when Rudy Giuliani ran New York City.

Yes, Minnesota is a thoroughly awful place, and Minneapolis especially so. None of you should ever consider moving here.

All that means, according to my post above, is that "conservative" leaders "like Giuliani" turned their cities into great left cities. Thanks!

And, under the leftist governments, poverty and crime have gotten worse.

No thanks!

Back