The Beautiful Game - Closed for DeathsKnight

"Well then, I have the perfect partner for you, our substitute goalkeeper, he is new and still learning the ropes."

She considered his idea and nodded. That didn't sound too painful.

"For Martin I have just the right person..."

She sensed an edge of mischief and menace in his expression.

" ...Me."

She laughed. Ivan couldn't stand Martin.
Poor Martin would really be put through his paces!

"And I do think I should get some match time, I think two or three of the board members would like to join as well, it will be a real fun for all where the goals doesn't really matter, but the bonding experience does. That should prevent me from getting a stroke too."

She watched him grimace as he commented.

"No tactic, just kicking around..."

Despite his words, she knew that 'just kicking around' was not something that Ivan could ever truly be content with doing.

"I'd rather be on the field then, will be much better for me and everybody else concerned."

She shook her head in exaggerated horror.

"Just a minute, Ivan ... you said you were going to make sure I played against Martin so ... that means I'd be playing opposite you!?! I'm not sure which would be worse, training with you or being on opposing teams to you ..."

It was her turn to give a mock grimace.

"I may have to pull rank and take on more of a spectating role ... I have a reputation to uphold you know ... "

She told him, the expression in her eyes as they held his making it obvious that she was teasing and perhaps even challenging him.....
 
He met her gaze with one of his own and a slight smile came to gis lips,

"I said he will train with me, I never stated I will be playing with him."

The smile broadened,

"It is good to have the boss lady on your side."

He was teasing back now, he was shocked actually, she was the first woman to ever sit down and talk to him, one who actually held his interest as she spoke his language.

"I think it would be interesting, making you play against the one you trained with, tactically it would be a slaughter, but from your description...it will be fun...and slightly diabolical."

It was strange to him how he relaxed while speaking to her, she wasn't just a potential sponsor, she was a woman who had a love for foorball and that fascinated him...to put it mildly, he was hooked.
 
She found Ivan's gaze locked with hers and saw his smile before he responded.

"I said he will train with me, I never stated I will be playing with him."

He seemed amused by her surprise.

"It is good to have the boss lady on your side."

She grinned, trying not to blush at how he referred to her, but it did mean they would be on the same team, which she could not help feeling excited about.

"I think it would be interesting, making you play against the one you trained with, tactically it would be a slaughter, but from your description...it will be fun...and slightly diabolical."

She was sure that it would definitely be ... carnage ... on the pitch ... even before the time the match began.

"As long as you know I'm no goaly .. perhaps I'll have to try out my scoring skills against your new goalkeeper..."

She told him with a smile.

"Just don't train Martin too well, ok? The plan was for me to kick his ass, remember?"

She quipped, finally becoming more serious again.

"I rather think I'm going to enjoy being on the same team as you, Ivan..."

She told him sincerely with a faint blush...
 
He chuckled,

"He will be very upset, first he will have to get to the fitness level of the team, then I can work with him...I think you have nothing to fear, he may just be a bit wobbly legged at work."

He smirked at the idea,

"Or rather he will be walking funny."

He found her blush endearing, this woman who was clearly a sharp business mind, loved football and had this air of self-assuredness around her without having an ego. She was open and friendly towards him and those qualities actually made him feel attracted to her, that made the prospect of playing with her much more fun.

"That is what we are aiming towards yes? Being on the same side? Sailing the same boat? It should work well on the field as well. I believe I will enjoy playing with you."

It was only after he had uttered the words that he realized the double meaning to it, he just hoped she saw it in the way he meant it.
 
"He will be very upset, first he will have to get to the fitness level of the team, then I can work with him...I think you have nothing to fear, he may just be a bit wobbly legged at work ... Or rather he will be walking funny."

She laughed.

"We were just planning a couple of sessions remember Ivan ... I doubt Martin will be putting in overtime, so you'll have to fast track your 'working with him'... "

She cautioned, doubting that Martin would enter into the spirit of things, even for someone as intimidating as Ivan.

"That is what we are aiming towards yes? Being on the same side? Sailing the same boat? "

She nodded at his words. What he described was beyond what she could have dared hope for, a real partnership.

"It should work well on the field as well. I believe I will enjoy playing with you."

Her eyes widened slightly at his words; Lisa couldn't help the thoughts his innocent statement brought unbidden putting her imagination into overdrive. There was no denying that she found much to admire in Ivan and was undoubtedly impressed by his single-mindedness and passion for football. That combined with an amazing physique and an unexpectedly witty sense of humour made the prospect of spending time with him more than enjoyable.

"I'll enjoy it too, Ivan."

She finally managed to reply.

"Very much ... "

Her eyes held his, her soft reply sincere, if somewhat breathlessly made.
 
Her remark was cryptic, but he believed that was only due to the fact that he still remembered having a double meaning to his words. He met her gaze and nodded,

"Then we only hope that the board will agree, but knowing them I think we can start getting the posters and boards ready...not to mention getting the training done in the last month."

He ran a hand over his jaw,

"I will need a bigger logo though, the one on the card isn't really ideal to put on the kit as a sponsor, I will have it made in town, so the cost will be non-existant...nothing a season ticket can't buy."

He grinned,

"Of course only when the contract is signed we can start with that, would you like the logo on the whole kit or just the jersey and shorts? That is just for the game, of course when money is available in a later stage it will be a good idea to get kit bags and the logo will appear on that as well."
 
She listened to his concerns about the logo and smiled at his question.

"Of course only when the contract is signed we can start with that, would you like the logo on the whole kit or just the jersey and shorts? That is just for the game, of course when money is available in a later stage it will be a good idea to get kit bags and the logo will appear on that as well."

It was obvious that he was not used to the details of such sponsorship contracts.

"You don't have to worry about that. Our company logo is standard and upon signing you'll be getting new kit and if you want kit bags, we'll supply those also."

She told him tactfully.

"Our branding is important, that's the carrot that we get out of sponsorship.
My marketing department will work with your board to ensure that my company is promoted on kit and anything kit related, the boards and your programme of course ... "


All she needed from him was his agreement and cooperation re: the logistics of the game, the business end she had well in hand.

"So, shall we make a tour of the premises, see what equipment and machines you might find most useful? To start with, this is the room that will be given for your exclusive use. It's secure, so you can leave papers or anything you want here. if you want to use the computer for presentations they can provide that ..."

She indicated the computer points and the screen which came down upon the press of a button.

"If you prefer anything else, a flip chart, even chalk board and slates, they will be able to supply you with whatever you need."

She informed him with a teasing smile, pleased at the deal she had been able to arrange for the club.

"Shall we?"

She offered once the room facilities had been considered.
 
They provided everything? He had to admit that during his playing days he never had to worry about this sort of thing. With the complete lack of any kind of sponsorship in his tenure as manager, he had no experience as to what to expect...it dawned on him once more the magnitude of the offer. He listened as she spoke, pointing out several facilitation points which would increase his information sessions. He was flabbergasted to be honest and for a man who prided himself to be in control, he found himself at a loss of control over his words, he only nodded at her request if he wanted to see the rest and he followed her lead.

He watched her confidence, the air of command she radiated, yet she tempered it all with her friendly and generous personality. He found himself feeling more and more attracted to her, at first it was her love for football, but the more he came in contact with her, the more she seemed to be the type of woman that he could spend time with, the thought brought a slight frown to his face, would she be still so kind and generous towards him if she knew his history? He looked at all the equipment and facilities as she lead the way, this would be a very good start,

"I am impressed, I have heard of this place, but have never been here. I believe I can get better results with just this added to the team's training regime."

He gave a sardonic smirk,

"It's better than my living room, by a huge margin."
 
She led Ivan around the complex, offering a few words as to the equipment available, but much of the time she just let him look and explore, the facilities needed no embellishment, for they were truly 'state of the art'.

"I am impressed, I have heard of this place, but have never been here. I believe I can get better results with just this added to the team's training regime."

Ivan was a man of few words, so this was praise indeed.

"It's better than my living room, by a huge margin."

She chuckled.

"I'm sure your living room has it's attributes, but this place ... "

She looked round with a contented smile.

"I was so pleased to be able to secure this deal for you and remember you do have the use of a minibus and a fuel allowance so getting between here and your ground won't be a problem for any of you ...."

They moved through the weights room and then onto the area where a line of treadmills faced a glass panel which overlooked the swimming pool below.

"Finally made it up here ... "

Lisa turned and found herself face-to-face with Neil.

"Still working? I thought you'd have clocked off by now ... "

He laughed.

"Well apparently there's this very important client showing her partner around our facilities, so I have to be ready to be at her beck and call ..."

He explained drawing an easy laugh from Lisa.

"Quite right too,"

She quipped easily before introducing the two men.

"Neil this is Ivan Thovenski, my soon-to-be 'partner' as you put it; Ivan this is Neil, he's actually one of the top fitness consultants here, but don't tell him that, we couldn't live with the ego."

She laughed.

"Nice to meet you Ivan,"

Neil shook the Russian's hand with easy informality.

"Perhaps your influence will rub off on Lisa here, I'm always trying to get her to work out properly, but she's a lightweight..."

Lisa pretended to look offended.

"I swim, do classes and I did hit the treadmill for that charity run a year or so ago remember?"

She insisted.

"Yeah, but you should do more than tone girl ... bulk up ... "

He poked her flat stomach and she slapped his hand away.

"You'll be pleased to know that I'm going to be doing some training, football training, with Ivan's team, we're planning a friendly match, so ... I'll be upping my fitness ... "

Neil laughed dismissively.

"Seriously though Neil, you have no idea how hard Ivan's team train.
I think even you'll be impressed by Ivan's regime ... "


She was insistent, however.

"I think that programme you tried to get me on would be child's play compared to Ivan's schedule."

Neil made no comment, merely looked from Lisa to Ivan and caught the latter's eye and gave him a meaningful glance.

"Like that is it? Well, I look forward to seeing them in action then,"

Neil responded cryptically.

"Well, Lisa, you seem to have all you want for now ... just give me a holler if there's anything you need me for, okay?"

He gave her a brief hug and a kiss on the cheek, then turned to shake Ivan's hand one more time.

"Good to know who Lisa's working with nowadays, no doubt we'll be seeing more of you around here,"

He commented before turning and going on his way.
 
Ivan took the introduction of Neil in his stride, though the sceptism about his team really ruffled the wrong feathers, as did the slightly dismissive attitude, but the veiled praise in the end really made Ivan's eyebrows raise slightly.

"What a strange man."

He commented as he watched Neil's retreating back, then he went on to inspect the treadmills,

"You know it will actually be interesting to get involved with the charities that you seem to be involved with."

He paused and looked up at her,

"Unless I misunderstood of course. But participation might even get us more exposure yes?"
 
"What a strange man."

His comment surprised Lisa, but she supposed that she was used to Neil after several years of knowing him.

"You know it will actually be interesting to get involved with the charities that you seem to be involved with."

Again Ivan had surprised her.

"Unless I misunderstood of course. But participation might even get us more exposure yes?"

She smiled.

"Charities are beneficial financially and profile was for both their supporters and the charitable organisation chosen for support, ...but it's more complex than you'd think for an organisation to become 'officially' involved in charities ... "

She blushed self consciously as she continued.

"Whilst my company does support charities, their involvement is limited.
The runs and ... other activities I undertake are more a ... personal support ... "


Somehow she found it more difficult to tell him that she had a personal interest in charity work than speaking of a company involvement, but she couldn't in conscience let an opportunity pass her by.

"If you had any interest in getting involved in charity yourself I'd be more than pleased to share my interests with you, but if you're considering that as a team with the corporate link of my company it's an amazingly difficult process to put your name behind a charity and give official support."

She explained with a sigh.

"As for Neil .... "

She chatted as they left the facilities and headed back towards the room they had first met in.

" ... I think all that was for my benefit rather than yours ... "

She laughed.

" ... he seems to think that telling me how unfit and in need of his services I am will make me change my mind about getting involved with him ... "

She shrugged, her tone matter of fact, explaining rather than boasting of Neil's interest in her.

"... he sees himself as "uber-fit" so I rather think he must feel threatened by your appearance here ..."

She turned to smile at him.

"Rightly so ..."

She commented, taking in Ivan's impressive physique and realising that he amongst the many men of her acquaintance seemed to behave most naturally around her: people like Martin seemed to have issues with female authority; there were others like Neil who saw her as a challenge and never gave up the hope of getting romantically involved with her and others were either dismissive or over eager to please. Other men paled by comparison to Ivan she concluded ...
 
He grimaced as she explained Neil's attitude and the reason behind it, what really got to him though was the bulking up comment. Lisa was perfect as she was, there was no need to change her, bulking up was for people who had inferiority complexes or participated in sports which asked for bulk.

"Well chto budet, to budet."

He moved over to her and crossed his arms over his chest,

"I will see you here yes? We can go for a jog on the treadmill..."

He gave half a smile,

"You can of course invite Neil to try out one of the players, it should be fun to watch."

He sobered up,

"But back to the charity work, we don't have to partake "officially" we can only do it for the cause. I am sure that as a single participant you may bring friends, so I can join you and we can bring our friends from GDFC. Of course in the new training gear, it will do three things, help the cause, advertise your company and of course get a bit of publication for the team. There is always media at such an event, so it will be great for us all..."

He paused,

"Of course it can only happen with your blessing. I do not wish to intrude on personal affairs of yours."
 
"Well chto budet, to budet."

He said in response to her explanation about Neil.

"I have no idea what that means, but if you share Neil's opinion and my brothers' that I'm more scrawn than brawn, you could be right ..."

She quipped obviously unphased about what others thought of her.

"I will see you here yes? We can go for a jog on the treadmill..."

She nodded. She found she quite liked the idea of joining Ivan for a 'jog'.

"You can of course invite Neil to try out one of the players, it should be fun to watch."

She laughed at that, thinking that Neil would definitely be in for a reality check with Ivan and his team!

"But back to the charity work, we don't have to partake "officially" we can only do it for the cause. I am sure that as a single participant you may bring friends, so I can join you and we can bring our friends from GDFC."

She considered his idea. Perhaps that might be possible as long as the entire team did not turn out in force.

"Of course in the new training gear, it will do three things, help the cause, advertise your company and of course get a bit of publication for the team. There is always media at such an event, so it will be great for us all..."

She thought that if they turned up as friends of friends that the logos would have to be kept to a minimum, but ... perhaps there was something in what he suggested.

"Of course it can only happen with your blessing. I do not wish to intrude on personal affairs of yours."

She was touched by his consideration.

"I think that the link to the club would have to be very subtle. Though ... actually I tend to keep my own charity interests completely separate from the company's activities. I don't do the company logo thing, just ... "

She blushed and shrugged. There was such a thing as giving just for the sake of giving ...

"Perhaps, if you're interested ... "

She hesitated, uncertain as to how he might respond to the offer she was about to make.

" ... I'm due to attend a fundraiser this Thursday. Not one of those stuffy formal affairs."

She told him hastily.

" ... it's an open day, a kind of 'Fayre' with lots of quirky crazy ways of raising money ... it's 1:00 pm until 5:00 pm, though you could come along at any time during it for as long as you want. I'll be there from 12:00 to help with last minute set up."

She wasn't sure if it was his kind of thing, but it would give him the opportunity to see a place that was truly dear to her heart. But for now she didn't want him to feel coerced by detail...
 
Last edited:
He smiled slightly,

"Chto budet, to budet means che sara sara. Whatever will be, will be."

He rested a companional hand on her shoulder,

"I do not share their view, I think that only people with image issues and who partake in sports where muscle is needed, should bulk up."

He grinned slightly,

"Of course if you are a mid-fielder who has a height advantage, has some speed and has some bulk, it tends to intimidate the opponent, gives you time to run the attack so to speak."

He was referring to himself, to the outside world he was known for his vision, in the teams for his work ethic.

"I think you are perfect as you are...perhaps we can work on your wind a bit yes, but the body? No, you do not need muscle."

He realized his hand was still on her shoulder and he quickly removed it,

"Unless you wish to be the next Red Sonja."

He chuckled at his own joke, but sobered quickly,

"I think it will be good to attend with you, it is places I hardly go to on my own...come to think of it, I hardly go anywhere outside of the club's duties. This will be a date to me."

He smiled,

"Not meant to make you uncomfortable miss Ham..."

He paused again,

"Lisa"

He coreected himself

"I will be there at twelve, I am sure you can use an extra bit of help yes?"
 
"Chto budet, to budet means che sara sara. Whatever will be, will be."

The translation surprised her, she had thought the comment was in agreement with Neil. His hand moved to her shoulder, the casual touch bringing a smile which he echoed.

"I do not share their view,"

He told her in his usual uncompromising manner.

"I think that only people with image issues and who partake in sports where muscle is needed, should bulk up."

She loved the way he got straight to the point with his words and the way he seemed to be relaxing around her, not to mention his wit and humour which she was becoming increasingly aware of.

"Of course if you are a mid-fielder who has a height advantage, has some speed and has some bulk, it tends to intimidate the opponent, gives you time to run the attack so to speak."

She laughed; even if not moving at speed, Ivan would be rather intimidating, she reflected.

"I think you are perfect as you are...perhaps we can work on your wind a bit yes, but the body? No, you do not need muscle.""

She blushed at his assessment of her, more flattered than if she had been given the floweriest of compliments.

"Unless you wish to be the next Red Sonja."

She shook her head and laughed with him, finding that she missed the connection of his hand which he had only just removed.

"I think it will be good to attend with you, it is places I hardly go to on my own...come to think of it, I hardly go anywhere outside of the club's duties.
This will be a date to me."


She must have shown her surprise at his words for he continued;

"Not meant to make you uncomfortable miss Ham... Lisa"

But his words were accompanied still by that easy smile.

"I will be there at twelve, I am sure you can use an extra bit of help yes?"

She smiled at his generosity.

"Help is always welcome,"

She confirmed.

" ... and I'm looking forward to seeing you outside of football and the club, important though they are to us both ... "

She told him with the same open honestly.

"I enjoy your company Ivan ... very much ..."

She held his gaze for long moments.

" ... you haven't even asked me where I'm inviting you to ... "

She told him.

"I could be dragging you anywhere ... "

Her eyes danced teasingly.

"Shall I keep the mystery and text you an address on Wednesday after my meeting with your Chairman, or shall I tell all now...?"

She asked him as they found themselves back at the meeting room where they'd started the tour.
 
He shrugged,

"Usually the location reacts to me, not the other way around. As long as it is not in a submarine, I will most likely survive."

He rubbed his jaw,

"It will be all the same, but how about we keep it a surprise yes? I love surprises when it happens off the field."

He picked up his plate and added more to his plate, he shrugged,

"I need my energy."

Another coffee was poured as he sat down, he looked at her,

"I will have to admit Lisa, I enjoy talking to you. First person I meet here who doesn't start to stammer and run away because they don't understand the accent or find the love for football a bit too much."

He smiled michieviously,

"And the first attractive lady to talk to me for longer than a minute out of her own accord."
 
"Usually the location reacts to me, not the other way around.
As long as it is not in a submarine, I will most likely survive."


She wondered fleetingly if he had ever been in a submarine or if he was claustrophobic, but she did not question him.

"It will be all the same, but how about we keep it a surprise yes?
I love surprises when it happens off the field."


She laughed.

"A surprise it is then .. I'll tell you last minute ... "

She agreed and laughed as he helped himself to more of the food still laid out.

"I need my energy."

He justified as he poured a coffee and sat opposite where she was already sipping at a cup of coffee.

"I will have to admit Lisa, I enjoy talking to you. First person I meet here who doesn't start to stammer and run away because they don't understand the accent or find the love for football a bit too much."

Though being open and to the point was a trait of his, she was still surprised by his words.

"And the first attractive lady to talk to me for longer than a minute out of her own accord."

She laughed.

"Well I'm finding I'm rather drawn to althetic Russians, especially with an intimidating edge ... "

She teased him gently.

"But seriously Ivan ... the love of football and the accent are positives ... as I hope you know ... "

She took a sip as she considered whether to confide in him further.

"... actually ... I don't seem to have much luck with men ... "

She told him shyly.

" ... they're either out to impress and go over the top, or they see me as some kind of challenge ... like Neil ... or are just all about themselves and plain boring ... "

Her eyes met his as she continued.

"... you're interesting, witty and passionate about what you do ... with a perfect physique ... "

She dared to offer the compliment as he had assessed her body earlier.

"Any girl would be lucky to date you ... "

She concluded, finding it difficult to imagine that he wasn't inundated with offers ...
 
His eyebrows raised slightly at her confession, a lady like Lisa should not only have luck with men, she should be married to a man of equal mindset. Her compliments did not go unoticed though and he had to admit that it did bring a slight warmness to his chest. He rose his cup,

"Well then, a morning toast to football and it's charms."

He gave her a slight smile and took a sip,

"I think that I will be needing your insight in the future, it is clear that you are business-minded and I am not. The short-term plan is a good one or you would not have agreed to it, nor given us so much without pen on paper. That means that the long term agreement will create a relationship, one which I will need your help on, as you figured out, I know nothing of sponsorships. I usually just slipped on the gear and posed for the photos and smiled when my manaher told me to smile."

He smirked,

"Now I am the one who need to know when to smile and I have to tell the boys when to smile and when to behave."

He looked at her,

"I hope your PR work is much better than mine."
 
"Well then, a morning toast to football and it's charms."

She mimicked his toast.

"And to footballers and their charms ... "

She responded with a laugh.

"Player-managers are also included in that by the way,"

She clarified.

"I think that I will be needing your insight in the future, it is clear that you are business-minded and I am not. The short-term plan is a good one or you would not have agreed to it, nor given us so much without pen on paper. That means that the long term agreement will create a relationship, one which I will need your help on, as you figured out, I know nothing of sponsorships. I usually just slipped on the gear and posed for the photos and smiled when my manager told me to smile. Now I am the one who need to know when to smile and I have to tell the boys when to smile and when to behave. I hope your PR work is much better than mine."

She was complimented by his confidence in her skills and that he trusted her to guide him.

"PR is what I do ... and once the short term deal is all signed officially I'd love to meet your players and using your words introduce them to the stick and carrot."

She didn't think that it would be difficult for the players to 'behave'.

"PR is all about the obvious, as long as they don't get involved with sex, drugs, violence there won't be any issues. No one's expected to be a saint nowadays at least ... "

She grinned.

" ... which is just as well ... "

Her brief experience of media intrusion in the past had been more than enough for Lisa. She didn't want her private life splashed over the media and fortunately 'public interest' had been shot lived.

"I'm really hoping for a long-term sponsorship deal to develop from this."

She told him.

"I'm sure we can work together well and ... if we get on outside football, then that's a bonus."

Whatever happened, or didn't between her and Ivan, she wanted to assure him that it wouldn't prejudice her interest in his club.

"I don't usually mix business with pleasure, but then I'd never met you before..."

She clarified.
 
Last edited:
He arched an eyebrow,

"Does that mean that you have never taken pleasure in your work printsessa?"

He chuckled,

"Must I then show you the ways of enjoying yourself then?"

Of course he knew what she was aiming at, but it was rather interesting to tease her slightly. He had to admit that he loved her smile and laugh, but come to think about it he liked just about everything about Lisa.

"I must admit that I'm familiar with the whole violence part, I have seen numerous carreers come to an end due to bad tempers. But so far none of the guys seem to have such problem"
 
"Does that mean that you have never taken pleasure in your work printsessa?"

She smiled as he chose to deliberately misunderstand her.

"Must I then show you the ways of enjoying yourself then?"

Rather than insist that she loved her work, she was caught instead by his 'offer'.

"If you're offering then it would seem that I'm in need of your guidance ... "

She told him demurely, her mouth quirking in an effort not to laugh.

" ...above and beyond the call of duty thought that might be ... "

She told him with attempted solemnity.

"I must admit that I'm familiar with the whole violence part, I have seen numerous carreers come to an end due to bad tempers. But so far none of the guys seem to have such problem."

She nodded. That did not surprise her.

"They seem a great group of players and obviously have total respect for you."

She observed sure that the knowledge of Ivan's 'displeasure' would be deterrent enough were they tempted to step out of line.

"I can't see any issues from a PR point of view,"

She told him easily.

"I just need to do my sad lil' job and get the chairman signed up to the whole project and we can really get going on this ... "
 
He chuckled,

"I guess that a hand that can cover your face does tend to make certain everybody works along with you."

He smiled at her words about her sad little job,

"I think that you will find the pens much faster on the paper than you expect, this offer is too good to pass up, especially if you look at the troubles the club are facing financially."

He finished his drink and got himself a glass with juice, the empty plate next to his cup of coffee,

"They will first grumble about the whole manager deal, but I can assure you, those grumblings will just be a front. They will agree to anything you put before them basically."
 
"I guess that a hand that can cover your face does tend to make certain everybody works along with you."

She laughed unreservedly and reached out to take his hand as if seeing it for the first time.

"Yeah, that would work for me too ..."

She agreed, as she released his hand from between both of hers. Despite her quip, she had not failed to notice the real strength he possessed within the vast span of those strong fingers.

She listened as he gave her an insight as to the club's financial situation and how easy it should be for her to close the deal. In truth perhaps he should not be telling her so much, but it definitely encouraged her, not that she did not assume the deal she had put together for the club was one very few would refuse.

"That's a shame, I was hoping to have to turn on my charm and powers of persuasion."

She told him as if regretting the ease with which Ivan predicted that she would win the chairman and board over.

"Though I guess that does leave me with plenty of energy to focus on the important things of this deal ... and the 'enjoyment' you were promising to teach me all about ... "

She told him aware that it was definitely becoming all too easy to flirt with him now!
 
Last edited:
"Powers of persuasion?"

He lifted an eyebrow, a slight smile coming to his mouth corners,

"Sounds like you have a lot of that behind you. Perhaps you should share some of your wisdom with me? I'm sure that I can learn quite a lot from you in that respect."

He brushed a hand over the short cropped hair,

"And enjoyment comes only after hard work, so perhaps you should be careful what you ask for. I might just give you a workout."
 
"Powers of persuasion?"

She met his amused expression and nodded silently at his query.

"Sounds like you have a lot of that behind you. Perhaps you should share some of your wisdom with me? I'm sure that I can learn quite a lot from you in that respect."

She laughed.

"You have your own 'charms' Ivan."

She told him, watching as he moved his hand to his hair with casual ease.

"And enjoyment comes only after hard work, so perhaps you should be careful what you ask for. I might just give you a workout."

Again she loved the way he teased her.

"But I've been working very hard on your behalf."

She assured him gesturing around her.

"Even the Boss Lady needs to convince others that an investment will pay off."

She told him easily.

"And as for work out, you said you'd assign your goal keeper to go easy on me ... are you changing your mind perhaps?"

She teased.

" ... because you should know by now that I don't shrink from a challenge ... "

And he definitely was a challenge, in all the best possible ways, she mused.
 
Back
Top