ThomasShort

Literotica Guru
Player Slots:
Story-Teller: ThomasShort
Slot 1: Armphid (character created)
Slot 2: Hookerboots (character created)
Slot 3: blackpenman (character created)
Slot 4: AcerbusX (character created)
Slot 5: DungeonsofDread (character created)
Slot 6: SinisterSpiders (inquired to play)

Concept:
I've played some D&D (two games of Dark Heresy) and I love Choose your own Adventure stories. So I thought, to mix things up, I would supply 5 players with one here. I'll make up the choices as we go along, including an 'other' option in case people wish to do something else, and lead them around a world so they can battle monsters, meet people and generally have a jolly good time. I'll write a little setting, and then let five people join up if they like as the team of adventurers. When we have a decentish team, I shall begin! That sound ok folks?

The World:
Welcome to the Country of Astravadia, warm in climate and exotic in sensibilities. Built along the River Vos, this Venetian paradise exudes the magic of the kingdom. In her high tower of White Gold, sits The Flustered Queen, who rules through sending gilded letters throughout the city to her consorts and workmen. None have seen the Queen for many years, and none know of why she is hidden within the multistoried, leaning pillar at the centre of the city.

But YOU, gentle adventurers, begin in a tavern, a bar, a home of ales and fine liquors. The Angels Doorstop, found on the edge of the River Vos, busies itself with keeping the drinkers drunk (a collection of mostly humans, some halflings and a something other in the corner).

Outside the heat of the city has excited the thieves and those in wild gowns, and this picture of Rennaissance High Fantasy blooms into life...

The Choices:
Firstly, meet one another, introduce yourselves in the usual fashion. After which I will then supply choices as to where to explore this world.

Last edited:
I'm bumping it, just once, to see if anyone is still intrigued by this concept.

I'll give it a go

Booya, thanks man. Invent any character you think would suit such a world. I'm leaving it pretty open to a) make it fun and b) give me a challenge, make me think about challenges etc.

I think this is a very interesting idea and I love the idea of the "Choose Your Own Adventure" component.

If you're still considering it, I'm interested but I have a few questions.

First, when there's a choice, do we each make our own or do we as a group have to come to a consensus?

Second, is this thread meant to have any overall themes or a particular feel? I ask because I don't want to make comedic characters for a serious story or vice versa.

Thirdly, it is Literotica, so I am curious as to how sexual the proposed adventure(s) will be. It's not a requirement that they be so, but I am a perv and like that kind of thing so I would like to know.

well now roleplaying i like to be erotic and have
a goodguy and a bad guy...good guy gets to spank the
mis-behavors and the little ones sneak around so as
not to get caught like you do at the stripbar when you
give quick BJ for 50 bucks.
every adventure should have their own section..
a strong womens area you kiss her butt..till you leave..
a guy same kind of thing but it aint her butt.
now if the guy gets too push or the girl you have a group
claus where 3 or more vote and the controller loses their
land because of mismangement determened by
the 3 by voting,ofcourse spankings and oral sex isnt
mistreeating..not is anal sex if shes under 30.
so keep those guide lines and a travellor should have
gems they find now and then to give them free will if
it becomes necessary to use it...once and its poof!
so you odnt find alot of umm..get one with every char.
but they will use that real quick probally!
i have alot of ideas just by myself its not fun.
allen

I think this is a very interesting idea and I love the idea of the "Choose Your Own Adventure" component.

If you're still considering it, I'm interested but I have a few questions.

First, when there's a choice, do we each make our own or do we as a group have to come to a consensus?

Second, is this thread meant to have any overall themes or a particular feel? I ask because I don't want to make comedic characters for a serious story or vice versa.

Thirdly, it is Literotica, so I am curious as to how sexual the proposed adventure(s) will be. It's not a requirement that they be so, but I am a perv and like that kind of thing so I would like to know.

First: I would say a consensus, simply as it is easier for me to then reply in kind. However if you decide - together - to split off etc, I can merely write two etc posts for each individual, they may just not be as detailed

Second: Theme I would say is High Fantasy, but in a kind of Mediterranean Styled Universe. So serious, but a comedic character wouldn't go amiss.

Thirdly: a) NPC sexual interactions I can provide if people don't mind me doing them, though I would say that b) any interactions between characters can go to a 'fade to black' and then private PMing between ya or c) if any sexual stuff happens I back out and you just roleplay it like anything else. Anything betwen characters basically I won't provide choices for, I just control the world, so to speak.

well now roleplaying i like to be erotic and have
a goodguy and a bad guy...good guy gets to spank the
mis-behavors and the little ones sneak around so as
not to get caught like you do at the stripbar when you
give quick BJ for 50 bucks.
every adventure should have their own section..
a strong womens area you kiss her butt..till you leave..
a guy same kind of thing but it aint her butt.
now if the guy gets too push or the girl you have a group
claus where 3 or more vote and the controller loses their
land because of mismangement determened by
the 3 by voting,ofcourse spankings and oral sex isnt
mistreeating..not is anal sex if shes under 30.
so keep those guide lines and a travellor should have
gems they find now and then to give them free will if
it becomes necessary to use it...once and its poof!
so you odnt find alot of umm..get one with every char.
but they will use that real quick probally!
i have alot of ideas just by myself its not fun.
allen

I apologise greatly, but what do you mean?

*pokes head in*

I'd be in for it. Choose your own adventure books were a highlight of my young life. And, frankly, there's nothing I can think of that would be more fun than doing it now, with the potential for sexy times.

First: I would say a consensus, simply as it is easier for me to then reply in kind. However if you decide - together - to split off etc, I can merely write two etc posts for each individual, they may just not be as detailed

Second: Theme I would say is High Fantasy, but in a kind of Mediterranean Styled Universe. So serious, but a comedic character wouldn't go amiss.

Thirdly: a) NPC sexual interactions I can provide if people don't mind me doing them, though I would say that b) any interactions between characters can go to a 'fade to black' and then private PMing between ya or c) if any sexual stuff happens I back out and you just roleplay it like anything else. Anything betwen characters basically I won't provide choices for, I just control the world, so to speak.

Good answers!

I am glad to be included then. In terms of characters, would you like them PM'd to you first or should we just post them here? Do you have anything that you would like to see (important to your story) or elements that you do not want as part of this story? For example, I know not everyone likes magic or non-human races as part of their fantasy.

I apologize for asking yet more questions. For what it's worth, it's a sign of how interested I am in the concept.

*pokes head in*

I'd be in for it. Choose your own adventure books were a highlight of my young life. And, frankly, there's nothing I can think of that would be more fun than doing it now, with the potential for sexy times.

Then I shall add you to the list miss! Glad to have you aboard!

Good answers!

I am glad to be included then. In terms of characters, would you like them PM'd to you first or should we just post them here? Do you have anything that you would like to see (important to your story) or elements that you do not want as part of this story? For example, I know not everyone likes magic or non-human races as part of their fantasy.

I apologize for asking yet more questions. For what it's worth, it's a sign of how interested I am in the concept.

In my head this is a predominantly human universe, though the input of the players is what intrigues me. If someone decides to play an elf then it forces to me rethink and act creatively. The back and forth of what you bring to it and what I do as head narrator is what intrigues me about this little endeavour.

I'd say no gods, demons or superpowered things. Keep them in the mundane, to a point. Thieves, assassins, pirates, travellers, merchants, nobodies. Nothing like "his dark past made him quiet and evil and everything else cliché". But if you want to pull off the dark brooding hulking monster, then go for it.

And if everyone could put their characters up here, I can add them to the first post as quotes and then everyone is aware of what is going on!

Hrm. I'll have to think up a good character, then! Human (or maybe a half-elf?), someone pretty normal except for the yen for adventure . . . I think that's a can-do on this end. Work's gone mad the next few weeks, I'll see about getting her up ASAP.

Interested!

I shall add you to the list!

Hrm. I'll have to think up a good character, then! Human (or maybe a half-elf?), someone pretty normal except for the yen for adventure . . . I think that's a can-do on this end. Work's gone mad the next few weeks, I'll see about getting her up ASAP.

No worries if work and real life takes control; we can go at a steady pace.

And I reread my initial idea, there is a something more alien/fantastical in the corner of the bar, so if you wish to do the same go ahead. I would suggest keeping with human/halfhumans etc

Count me in this! I did this in my youth, and me and my friends loved it! A question, can I be half dragon or something like that?

Half-dragon... hmm... I'd say that goes into the realms of the far too fantastical. I imagine dragons are rare in this world.

You could go with something more metaphoric, like you come from a tribe that worships dragons etc, and so you do something to yourself to try and be like them,

Well then, I guess I will just be a guy who is obsessed with dragons, and will do anything to obtain one. A warrior type person, if that's okay.

That works for me! Sorry for changing your character ideas... just want the team to feel balanced.

If everyone could put up their characters, the moment they are all up I can begin!

Name: Jake Solomon
Race: Human
Body Uild: Muscular
Hair: Dark brown
Height: 6ft 8"
Weapons: One roads word, three daggers, concealable body armor, spiked gauntlets
Biography: Raised in a warrior tribe, the tribe philosophy was survival of the fittest. If you showed weakness, you were put to death. A age seven, all boys were sent to a military camp, where the rules were harsh. No beds, they slept on the hard stone floor. Even students who didn't break rules were beaten. The only ways to leave the camp was to graduate or death. Over half of the campers died. Once leaving the camp they joined the army, and after 10 years in the army they could leave it and leave the tribe. This tribe produced so of the best warriors in the entire world.
Description: Jake doesn't like to fool around. His entire life is like a military drill. He is always serious, wakes up everyday doing push ups, goes to bed doing sit ups, never takes a break, and pushes himself hard. He doesn't slack off, and eats minimum food, never more than he needs. He always has weapons on him, and doesn't relax his body, allowing him to immediately fight if attacked.

Last edited:
Name: Aislynn "Lynn" Forrester
Race: Half-elf
Height: 5'7"
Hair: Ash blond
Eyes: One leaf green, one deep brown
Appearance: Aislynn is slender and of average height for a human. Her face is delicate and just barely otherworldly - her mother's human loveliness meeting her father's unnatural beauty. Her eyes are two different colors, the green of her father's, the brown of her mother's. She usually wears her pale blond hair in up in a braided bun at the base of her neck, exposing her slightly pointed ears, but will wear it down on occasion. Aislynn has toned, but not overly muscular, arms and legs, a taut stomach, and ample, round hips and breasts.

Weapons: A oak staff, an ash bow and quiver, two daggers. She normally wears simple cloth or leather clothing, though she has a few pieces of elven-made armor that she pulls out for special occasions.

Background: Aislynn was born to the daughter of a small village's richest merchant. She had told everyone that a traveler had charmed his way into her bed, but when the little girl was born with two eyes of different hues and tapering ears, the truth came out. Her mother was shunned by most of the town for her indecency, and Aislynn spent her young life trying to shake the stigma of being "half-breed". She started going by "Lynn" instead of her given name because it sounded less alien, and never liked to look anyone in the eye.

Her father showed up when she was seven, surprised to see that his one-time flame had produced this little spark, who seemed to know - and hate - him on sight. Aislynn spent the first half-hour of their meeting trying her best to slap, punch, kick, or otherwise injure the being that had made her an outcast. He dodged her attempts, and when she'd worn herself out, told her that, with that much spark in her, she needed training.

He swept her and her mother away with him, leaving the old biddies in their small village to stare amazed, and gossip even more. In the elven settlement, Aislynn learned to fight and shoot; the elf-children didn't get much chance to make fun of her before she learned how to shut them up. Her eyes were as steady as any elf's, and her hands were as quick.

When she turned 16, her mother insisted that they move back to the human world, not wanting her daughter to have no idea of the way humanity interacted. The girl cried and swore, but her mother's will was iron-clad. They moved, Aislynn's father promising to visit when he could.

On her 18th birthday, he appeared, giving her the staff and bow she carries. He could tell that there was no stopping her wanderlust, and knew that she would never be better armed than these weapons. Knowing that her girl was out to find something better, something more, Aislynn's mother sold the house they'd been living in and went to live with her elven love. The three parted ways, and though Aislynn has been home occasionally since then, even the call of a warm hearth holds little appeal to her now that she has tasted what the road has to offer.

Name: Telemacus "Tel" Barbarus
AKA: Firehair, Red Tel
Race: Human
Height: 6'
Hair: Fiery red, falling not quite to his jawline
Eyes: Clear, bright blue
Appearance: Tel is taller than many, but not overly so, and has the lean build of an athlete or an acrobat. His skin is paler than many of the people in the area as well, though it has become tanned with travel. He does bear a few scars on his body as well, usually keeping them covered up, as well as a tattoo that has been scored repeatedly until it has mostly scarred over. The remains of a set of numbers of some kind can still be made out. He keeps himself clean shaven and bathes with an almost religious devotion; every day if he is able to.

Weapons: For a traveler, Tel seems very lightly and ordinarily armed. He carries two knives on his belt; a heavy thick knife that is more of a tool than a weapon and a long, slender hunting knife. Three other smaller, lighter daggers are hidden on his person for surprise knifework or throwing. He also carries a sling and tries to keep 3 to 7 self-polished stones for it at all times.

Background: Telemacus was the name given to the red haired child found by a troupe of performers in the lands of the city-state of Attilan. The boy was in the arms of a dead woman with similar outlandish red hair and strange garments; the troupe never knowing her name or country of origin, nor why she was alone with her child wherever and however she met her fate. His surname "Barbarus" means "not one of us" in the language of the peoples of the Aleran peninsula, given to him as his stage name by the troupe. He grew up among the performers learning acting, singing, dancing, contortionism, juggling, sleight of hand, acrobatics, climbing, animal handling, and all the skills he could learn from his strange "family." Several of the troupe members also enhanced their revenue through less honest methods than performing, and introduced the young boy into thievery. The band was often on the road so he learned to hunt and track, what plants were safe to eat and which ones would sicken or kill, and how to find his way in the vast spaces between civilization.

He might have been just an acrobat and performer but fate is strange. Just after his 14th birthday, the troupe was traveling between city-states and was attacked by slavers. Captured, numbered, and hauled away, Tel was sold into slavery. His handsome appearance and skills made him a valuable entertainer, so his time as a slave was less brutal than it could have been, and yet he was still collared, used, and mocked; beaten and raped when it pleased his masters or their guests. Three years passed in bondage and servitude before luck and resourcefulness combined to let him escape; and escape he did, but he did not flee. Instead he doubled back and using the skills he'd learned as a performer, snuck into the estate where he had been a slave. When morning came, the guards found the master and his sons all slain, the slaves gone, and a great deal of gold and silver missing.

Since then, Tel has been a wanderer. He has traveled the lands as need or whim drives him, often evading bounty hunters sent by the surviving member of the family who had once owned him and victims of his burglary and thieving since then. He is wanted in a few city-states but most of those he steals from never know who has taken their wealth. He does not steal often, only when he truly needs to or when he meets a particularly deserving target.

Just need the other characters! I'm loving what we have so far, especially backstories and other places etc, stuff I will definitely use within the story to come.

Back