This That & The Other

J

JAMESBJOHNSON

I spent last nite reading opening sentences that famous writers used in their short stories, and got some ideas for my own scribbles. Like these that popped into my noodle: BOB CAME HOME FROM WORK EARLY AND CAUGHT HIS EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD PUTTING OUT ON THE SOFA. Or VICKY WORE SHORT SKIRTS CAUSE THE GUYS LIKED TO CHECK HER OUT WHEN SHE BENT OVER. Or ERIN FORGOT TO LOCK THE FRONT DOOR AND WAS NAKED WHEN THE CUSTOMER WALKED IN. Or LATE AT NITE JULIE LIKED TO OPEN THE BLINDS AND DANCE NAKED WITH THE LIGHTS ON.

To paraphrase George Will, Liberals, taking their cue from Hamlet, do not allow their resolves to be “sicklied o’er with the pale cast of thought.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent last nite reading opening sentences that famous writers used in their short stories, and got some ideas for my own scribbles. Like these that popped into my noodle: BOB CAME HOME FROM WORK EARLY AND CAUGHT HIS EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD PUTTING OUT ON THE SOFA. Or VICKY WORE SHORT SKIRTS CAUSE THE GUYS LIKED TO CHECK HER OUT WHEN SHE BENT OVER. Or ERIN FORGOT TO LOCK THE FRONT DOOR AND WAS NAKED WHEN THE CUSTOMER WALKED IN. Or LATE AT NITE JULIE LIKED TO OPEN THE BLINDS AND DANCE NAKED WITH THE LIGHTS ON.

My favourite: "It was the day my grandmother exploded."

You gotta keep reading after that... :)

So I spent the evening thinking about writing. I spend long hours and kill legions of brain cells chiseling understandings from the marble of experience and learnings. And so it dawned on me that the basic essential (and 90% of the craft) of writing is having a story to tell. The other 10% are: Arranging the pieces correctly, like a jigsaw puzzle, and changing the reader's thinking.

It occurred to me, too, that a stroker is a vehicle for a real story, and can be plotted: Problem/ complications, Bell event #1 (cant be unrung), crisis, Bell event #2, and resolution. Bell events are plot points that cant be resurrected like Jesus was after 3 days.

So I spent the evening thinking about writing. I spend long hours and kill legions of brain cells chiseling understandings from the marble of experience and learnings. And so it dawned on me that the basic essential (and 90% of the craft) of writing is having a story to tell. The other 10% are: Arranging the pieces correctly, like a jigsaw puzzle, and changing the reader's thinking.

It occurred to me, too, that a stroker is a vehicle for a real story, and can be plotted: Problem/ complications, Bell event #1 (cant be unrung), crisis, Bell event #2, and resolution. Bell events are plot points that cant be resurrected like Jesus was after 3 days.

I think this post shows how different author's approaches are.

You are certainly a thinker/plotter you look at different styles you use strategies. You research.

I just sit and write. When I lie in bed either just before falling asleep or just waking up an image and a "feel" to accompany that image comes to mind.

Then when I sit that's it I take it and run wild.

I think this post shows how different author's approaches are.

You are certainly a thinker/plotter you look at different styles you use strategies. You research.

I just sit and write. When I lie in bed either just before falling asleep or just waking up an image and a "feel" to accompany that image comes to mind.

Then when I sit that's it I take it and run wild.

Uh......partial credit. I am the worst for running wild, and I scare the beejeezus outta folks when I do. I'm recollecting interventions I did with drunks with pistols, to save them you gotta penetrate the intoxication and depression, and hook their narcissism like right now. That is, you gotta make them wanna kill you rather than themselves :) And I do that well! But it took lotsa thinking and plotting before I ever launched such conduct. If I was an animal I'd be a constrictor.

Where youre right is, yesterday I was at Home Depot, and my cashier is an EMO with the weird hair etc. EMOs appeal to my sickness, and they know it. They sense it immediately. And Home Depot EMO did too. So I got a lot of eye contact and Mona Lisa smiles, and thats what always happens. And I'm trying to get a grip on the sexual transaction that passes between me and them. When I 'get it' I can write about it and catch hell from the numnutz on LW.

Sure! Feeling, I call it congruence, works for you, and you dont need the guinea pigs to cinch it for you.

And as LOVECRAFT will know, I was online researching the sexual appetites of people with sundry personality types. Like, does the dependent/devoted female cum because of the sex or because of the satisfaction she gives her man? Does the mercurial woman cum because of the sex or because God chose her to fuck? It makes a big difference when you create characters.

Oh, emo girls make my darkness grow. Damn I love them and their goth "cousins"

I have the wife spray all kinds of colors in her hair and put on that crazy make up for me once in a while to satisfy the craving.

Oh, emo girls make my darkness grow. Damn I love them and their goth "cousins"

I have the wife spray all kinds of colors in her hair and put on that crazy make up for me once in a while to satisfy the craving.

Darkness is the right word! I call it sickness. :) The sickness is back, ma.

Darkness is the right word! I call it sickness. :) The sickness is back, ma.

I call it darkness because I love the line in the Stones Painted Black

"I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes. I have to turn my head until my darkness goes."

I call it darkness because I love the line in the Stones Painted Black

"I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes. I have to turn my head until my darkness goes."

Thats right! I had forgot!

Two Jehovah Witness women came by this morning. One of them was attractive and put her hands all over me when I answered the door. Thats always a good sign, and I havent met a JW woman yet who wasnt sexually stressed. Theyre always the pervs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two Jehovah Witness women came by this morning. One of them was attractive and put her hands all over me when I answered the door. Thats always a good sign, and I havent met a JW woman yet who wasnt sexually stressed. Theyre always the pervs.

I indulge the Jehovah's.

I give credit to them for walking the streets and getting doors slammed in their faces. They are dedicated.

When was the last time a Catholic did anything besides sit on their ass and judge others while committing every sin in the book?

The most vile religion in history is what they are.

I'll take the JW's any day.

I indulge the Jehovah's.

I give credit to them for walking the streets and getting doors slammed in their faces. They are dedicated.

When was the last time a Catholic did anything besides sit on their ass and judge others while committing every sin in the book?

The most vile religion in history is what they are.

I'll take the JW's any day.

I have JW relatives. Theyre easy to fuck, so I never send them away!

Laurel approved story #22. It got an immediate ONE BOMB :) ONE BOMBERS remind me of the toothless psychopaths Clint Eastwood wades thru in all his movies.

So last night I read a few chapters from David Morrell's writing book. Morrell invented Rambo. The book is signed btw, and I wanna gift it to a deserving soul.

But he's right about characters and plots: the idea is to match two gladiators, with compelling causes, in the same arena, to see what happens. In the Rambo novel the Marine with the Navy Cross, and the Green Beret with the Congressional Medal of Honor kill each other. A bonafide tragedy.

Laurel approved story #22. It got an immediate ONE BOMB :) ONE BOMBERS remind me of the toothless psychopaths Clint Eastwood wades thru in all his movies.

Some of the trolls will favorite you just so they can watch for your new stories and be the first one to bomb them

Some of the trolls will favorite you just so they can watch for your new stories and be the first one to bomb them

I have no problem with that or the one bombs or how they pimp my stories. Doesnt embarrass me. The one bombs are how they appease their guilt. I mean, aint it always the Bible thumpers who molest little boys?

So my nose has been buried in David Morrells book most of the day. His chapter on dialogue is useful.

Then I found a chart of nipple colors. There are lotsa colors. But the colors come with crazee nail polish names, PINK SILK, for example, or KILN FIRED BRICK. I didnt see RUSSET, thats the color James Agree used in his book.

Almost done with a new tale that has no good fit anywhere. But it has potential as a series. Retired military rescues woman and daughter from financial peril, then discovers that the daughter is hooking.

Almost done with a new tale that has no good fit anywhere. But it has potential as a series. Retired military rescues woman and daughter from financial peril, then discovers that the daughter is hooking.

Is he the "Hookee" while waiting for Momma to invite him in for a compensatory bounce?

Sorry Jack! Youre on IGGY cuz youre an asshole. And I dont do second chances with assholes. So go hangout with PANTY-WASTE.

Sorry Jack! Youre on IGGY cuz youre an asshole. And I dont do second chances with assholes. So go hangout with PANTY-WASTE.

I'm an asshole?

Did I castigate you for wasting precious pixels on your Trailer Trash. no.

Have I ever attacked you without provocation, no.

I have tried to be as supportive as I could be in your attempts to communicate to the world, once you started publishing. I even gave you 3's on your stories, despite their lack of human feelings.

Well now I have to reevaluate our relationship. Or lack of one.

Keep me on Iggy then, for I will undoubtely avoid your silly pontification in the future.

Sin Loy sucker.

JACK youre on IGGY, bud. Go play with MILDEWED PANTY WASTE and stop wasting my time.

Back