Feedback / Hate Email's

While the OP was here, she posted extremely right-wing and provocative posts on the General Board. I wouldn't be surprised if that led to email attacks on her and her stories in the story file. I received a couple of PMs from her while she was here and they were straightforward and polite questions on publishing. I didn't read her stories, though, to see if they were politically provocative.
 
As far as negative comments go, I normally write back and tell the asshole poster not to read my stories. If you notice the same person will write you again and again. If they hate your stories so much why do they continue to read them? I say that the stories are free and to bother some other author who cares. Report them if they become a constant pain.
 
As far as negative comments go, I normally write back and tell the asshole poster not to read my stories. If you notice the same person will write you again and again. If they hate your stories so much why do they continue to read them? I say that the stories are free and to bother some other author who cares. Report them if they become a constant pain.
If you engage with trolls you're giving them what they crave - validity, relevance and oxygen - and they'll come back for more. It's far better, I think, to delete their inane comment and deny them satisfaction. Reporting probably isn't an option, because they're usually anon.
 
Remember that troll...

Do you remember the "cuck shit" troll? He'd post the same profane nonsense statement on every one of an author's stories. He was the hardest working person at Lit; he'd hit several authors several times a day and night. I don't miss him.

I can't remember the whole statement he'd post repeatedly. "Another fag posting cuck shit" or somesuch.

Malraux
 
I write in Loving Wives so I take a lot of hate. Hate of the stories, the characters and the decisions they make. I’ve actually gotten a few emails from people who like the stories advising me to delete the hateful comments, but I feel like that would be disingenuous. If they want to hate-read, they can. I figure there’s a lot of emotional baggage spilling out in some of those comments. If dumping on stories in that category is somehow cathartic, I can live with it.
 
I’m gonna weigh my 2¢ in on the topic. If I “invest the time to read a story in any particular category and read it all the way through, I’m more apt to leavea comment and let the author know I read it and liked it- that’s just me because I don’t vote. Besides, some key aspect of the story drew me in as a reader to finish reading. It seems contradictory to me to waste time reading something the whole way through without leaving something “meaningful” for the author. Then again, it takes all kinds of people to make the world go round.

As a side note, I usually read something by the authors that complain about bad “whatever”. I understand most writers on the site aren’t gifted writers - that we are here for our own reasons. With that said, some writers are good despite the negativity, some are okay, and some are atrocious - but to send “hate mail” and “negative comments” seems odd. If you don’t like what you are reading - just stop.

Have I gotten hate mail or whatever? Sure. It’s nothing new. I deal with the same stuff in the real world on a daily basis as well. No big deal.
🌹Kant
 
Last edited:
I write interracial stories, a couple of which involve wives. Surprisingly, I do not get too much harassment. Usually one or two hostile attacks per story, and a few more comments from people who take erotic short fiction way too seriously and take it on themselves to provide a teaching opportunity.
 
Last edited:
I have had my fair share of negative feedback, annoying at times when non-constructive, useful when pointing out a story flaw or missed typos. It's always good when done in a positive way for example my first attempt at writing an incest story I got the following feedback.

good effort, but incest stories aren't so much about who is fucking whom, but the emotional connection and deep desire that leads the characters to cross the uncrossable line.

more back story of how the siblings shared details of their sexual escapades, or lack there of, leading up to the vacation weekend would have set the tone.

perhaps a side story about how the parents role played fucking their children, possibly including the aunts and uncles pretending to be the kids.

great premise, but needed a little work to be a great incest story.

oh, and male/female twins are never identical, since they come from two different fertilized eggs.


That sparked a conversation between myself and the person who wrote it, which in turn led to her editing my stories and us collaborating on more than one series.
 
Hi, yes... I've gotten a few by insecure white males who read my stories...
Hmm... Why do they read them if they hate them so much? But it's best to let it go and realize that it's them who have the problem.

Jenny

I think they are closet fans of the theme. They hate that they enjoy it, but it's like a scratch they have to scratch. So they read the stories in a theme they claim to hate, get the guilty pleasure, and vent out the self-anger at the author.

Otherwise, no reason for them to waste time and effort to read these stories and write toxic feedbacks.

Just pity them. Their hearts are full of frustrations and it's better they chose the internet to let it out rather than in the real world.
 
Last edited:
I think most of us get some hateful comments or emails at least once.
I've gotten sme odd comments on my Halloween entry.
Like the person complaining about the length of the story even though you can see from the first page that it's 8 pages long...
They said "8 pages of more story than foreplay so I didn't feel like I could get off"... well yeah it's not a stroker, you could probably see that from the length of it.
They also said "it's a day time read not an im horney read" again from the length of the story you should probably know it's not a jerk off story.

And then I got this comment that was odd to me.
"However, the female character do not worried about unwanted pregnancy?"
No I didn't worry about that, I wrote the story so I would be the first person to know she was pregnant, she's not. And she's a character, she isn't worried about getting pregnant. Also she's an 18 year old girl, in college on a camping trip with her brother, so no she probably wasn't planning on having sex.
 
The first vote and comment I get on every single story I write is a 1* and something about how terrible the writing is and that it was not convincing and the worst thing the anonymous has ever read in his life. Looks like I got a fan!
 
The first vote and comment I get on every single story I write is a 1* and something about how terrible the writing is and that it was not convincing and the worst thing the anonymous has ever read in his life. Looks like I got a fan!

Let me guess... Loving Wives?

ETA: I was wrong.
 
Last edited:
As I understand, the readers of the "loving wives" category are pretty strict about what is and is not acceptable. They tend to be pretty conservative as far as sexual mores and relationships goes. While they might get aroused by the idea of extramarital sex, and get off on reading about the sex itself, they expect there to be guilt, and consequences, for extramarital dalliences. At least, this is what I have learned and observed from being on Literotica.

So if, for example, the couple are mutually agreeable "swingers" or worse, if the man gets off on being cuckolded or watching his wife with other men, that makes a lot of people uncomfortable. Even worse if there are elements of female domination, fetish, coerced bisexuality, or even more extreme/kinky activities involved- then it REALLY isn't okay.

It's a matter, I think, of knowing who your audience is. Early on, I made the mistake of submitting a "loving wives" story that included some of the above "inappropriate" content, and needless to say, people were pretty upset. I learned my lesson then, and tried to be more careful about what I wrote- and to how I categorized the stories I wrote.
 
Back
Top