Driving music - what kind of music do you like to listen to when driving?

fed0ra

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Posts
1,296
I like something fast. That will pump the adrenaline.


Aliens vs. predators
 
I like something fast. That will pump the adrenaline.


Aliens vs. predators

If I'm trying to drive in city traffic, no music for me, too distracting. For long drives, something energetic like Rammstein or White Zombie works.
 
I am not permitted to drive. Shortly after 8:30 on a Thursday morning, a couple of years ago, I stuck my head in an MRI machine; by midday they had confiscated my driving licence. Bastards.
 
If I'm going to the gym or the dojo, something to get me pumped up.

Metallica, Rob Zombie, Slipnot, Marilyn Manson, anything like that works.

If I'm going to work I prefer something along the lines of motown or Doo wop. I get aggravated enough in work so don;t need to be pumped up already when I get there.
 
I am not permitted to drive. Shortly after 8:30 on a Thursday morning, a couple of years ago, I stuck my head in an MRI machine; by midday they had confiscated my driving licence. Bastards.

Never did like those bloody machines.

My consultant was puzzled by the results from this that and the other machine so sent me for an MRI. I'd never been done on one before, but like millions of others had seen the pictures of some super-relaxed patient and all the wonderful images on the screen.
Reality isn't like that; is it?
In my case, I really needed to keep my throat moist (radiation therapy tends to do unpleasant things to both taste buds and saliva glands), but would the silly bitch driving the thing offer any help?
Of course not.

It was like being in a cross between, a coffin and a torpedo tube next door to a noisy building site.
And I discovered that I am also claustrophobic.
Next attempt was a PET scanner.
That seemed to work.

Well, so far, at least.

But as to music, it depends upon where I'm going. a short trip is pure madness (good, old-fashioned Rock n Roll) at high volume. A longer trip is a symphony by Beethoven, some decent Bach or something.
 
Last edited:
Depends on the length and nature of the drive, whether or not there are passengers, the weather, and my mood. In general, something I can sing to, something like The Clash, David Bowie, Citizen Cope, Gorrillaz, Talking Heads, Kid Creole & the Coconuts, or P-Funk. I generally switch out the CD changer once or twice a week.
 
Long drives, generally American songbook stuff with some Leonard Cohen and Billy Joel (showing my age, am I?); Eurythmics when I'm in danger of drowsing. Lately Regina Spektor's been getting through the shorter trips...
 
The same thing I listen to whenever else I listen to music. Fuck-tons of heavy, speed, thrash, and death metal.

My favorite tune when hitting the highway is DevilDriver - Not all Who Wander Are Lost.
 
I am not permitted to drive. Shortly after 8:30 on a Thursday morning, a couple of years ago, I stuck my head in an MRI machine; by midday they had confiscated my driving licence. Bastards.

I didn't read this carefully enough first time through, and thought you'd driven your car into a MRI machine :-/
 
I am not permitted to drive. Shortly after 8:30 on a Thursday morning, a couple of years ago, I stuck my head in an MRI machine; by midday they had confiscated my driving licence. Bastards.

I'm sorry, Sam. :(

I love driving - ever since having remedial lessons from the super ex-miner who taught me everything except to park properly. I don't care how many times I inch to and fro to get the car in a huge parking space; how many fatal parking accidents do you read about? One day the driving instructor must come back and teach me to park like an ex-miner.

I like to listen to Queen and Rolling Stones and sometimes Groove Armada, and sometimes Abba :devil:. Ska is good too. Ska and Two Tone are always good.
 
When I'm Rollin', I like ZZTop, Lynrd Skynrd, Allman Brothers or Dire Straits. In traffic, Motown, ABBA, Fats Domino or British Invasion tunes. Me, eclectic? Damn straight. :D
 
I go for the eclectic, wanting a change in mood from song to song so I'm not lulled into dozing. I don't like anything noticeably repetitive and as I'm getting close to a destination, especially someplace I haven't been before and am trying to locate, I don't want anything on that will compete for my attention. I usually turn it off then.

My wife keeps one in the CD tray that drives me up the wall: Liza Minnelli tap dancing with no vocals behind it. Why the hell did they do that for an audio-only recording?
 
About the only music I listen to anymore are organ compositions by French and Dutch masters.
 
Jurassic park.

I love driving. And I live listening to music that makes my blood pump when I am driving.
 
Last edited:
I almost never drive but the few times I have I like faster complex music like Bach or Handel or for more modern times Yes or Dream Theater.
 
I rarely listen to music while driving. It's talk radio {NPR, not those icky guys} or audio books.
 
I use to have a loooooong walk to work everyday many years ago and would average two audiobooks a week. I got in a lot of quality books that way and had a great time.
 
I prefer to listen to classic rock. That way I know I am going to get something I like. The modern stations play and overplay a lot of garbage. Sometimes I'll let my Zune decide what I hear. I love everything I have loaded on it so it is a win win situation.
 
I need adrenalin pumping music. Sometimes with the windows rolled down, singing out loud (that's when there is no traffic around)
 
"I got my Mojo Working" Jimmy Smith for a long drive.

"Sugar Momma" Reba McIntyre's good got driving too
 
I just fucking like music. Nine Inch Nails above all, Rammstein, Combichrist, Puscifer, White Zombie, DethKlok, but then Frank Sinatra, or Evanescence, Linkin Park, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Eminem, Rage Against the Machine, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Nirvana, doesn't have to be hard and heavy, the melancholy stuff too, like Gary Jules, as long as I feel it, it all drives me.
 
Back
Top