The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

Does anyone need a vote? I voted on Snow Elf and On Christmas Duty already. I'm willing to give anyone a 5 vote that needs it but I'm probably not going to get to actually read many until after the Christmas rush I've got going on!

Everybody wants smut in their stocking so this red-headed elf is busy!!!
 
Last edited:
Does anyone need a vote? I voted on Snow Elf and On Christmas Duty already. I'm willing to give anyone a 5 vote that needs it but I'm probably not going to get to actually read many until after the Christmas rush I've got going on!

Everybody wants smut in their stocking this red-headed elf is busy!!!

Thank you for your vote and comment on my entry. It has had more votes in one day than my Halloween entry had in total.
 
I've been swept! I lost three votes and gained 1/10th a point, bringing me up to 4.42. C'mon only .08 more!!! :)
 
Whatever the sweep was, it's ongoing. Dropped one more vote.

I dropped some votes and have since got a couple back. Still over 900+, score pretty much the same. It goes up and down .01 a few times. I don't expect a lot of change with this many votes.

I'm happy to see so many stories in the contest, something for every taste. Best of luck to all that entered.
With respect
DG
 
Thanks for the votes and comment! That vote count sure shot up quickly since this morning. I'm starting to get some feedback trickling into my e-mail too, which is awesome!

It looks like there are a lot of entries at this time...the list should be finalized now so I'll try to go through the other entries between writing sessions. I just started working with an editor on something, so I also want to keep a decent pace on that, too. If anyone wants me to specifically look at their entry, let me know and I'll give it priority!
 
It looks like the first sweep for the incest category. Each of my 3 stories have seen their score go up by .01 with a couple of votes shaved off.
 
Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. Another reality tells me that there are 125 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.21 from an average of 268 votes. Stories had an average of 24,487 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.22%. The average number of pages is 2.5, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 31,105 votes, 3,060,914 views, 1,003 favorites and 1,095 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.21) is 0.41 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 268) is 262. The median score is 4.27, the median number of votes is 164 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.51 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.93 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 40 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 36 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 5 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 208 votes swept, being an average of 5 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 50. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).


Categories entered (alphabetic order)

  • BDSM (5 stories)
  • Celebrities (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (11 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (2 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (11 stories)
  • Group Sex (15 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (3 stories)
  • Illustrated (3 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (22 stories)
  • Interracial Love (2 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Mind Control (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (4 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (1 story)
  • NonHuman (4 stories)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (17 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (4 stories)
  • Text With Audio (2 stories)
  • Toys & Masturbation (1 story)

New stories today


Authors entered so far are:

Acktion, Ada Stuart, Alex De Kok, allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Ashson, Aulcidus, Belongs2Beth (3), BenLong, Benny024, Boxlicker101, BuckyDuckman, Butterflies512, calibeachgirl, Cinner (2), Corpse_rider, dagan732, datedsoul, DG Hear, drdirty8 (2), D_Lynn, EdgarPleaseCain (2), Eros5150, friskygirl51, geronimo_appleby (3), ggroyale, GirlintheMoon, Harlock606, HeyAll (3), HollyS, Honeydip79, ilikeitlikethat18, inqusitivepuppy (2), Jasmynn_Brown (2), javawarrior, JayDavid, JosephWrites, JuliaBonham, justboycrazy, Kikoro, kms1987, LaRascasse, la_chica, LesLumens, lovecraft68, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, m_storyman_x (2), NaokoSmith, Naughtily_Written, northlander, oggbashan, OliShawcross, petitmort, pj, Powerofthepen, PrincessErin, PrincessKashmir (2), qhml1, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), ringdingaling48, Rockinworld, Rockywriter2012, Rugrat60 (2), Schaka, scouries, ShyChiWriter, silkstockingslover (2), SilverSparrow, sirhugs (2), sophist801, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), stubborn_dreamer, SusanJillParker, Tara_Neale (2), theravenfox, Tiffy1, TinyBeth (2), tmoney249, tonyd1509, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (3), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque (2), WayneGibbous, writerjab, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku (2)

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

  • The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012
 
Location, location...

I missed an error in my entry.

I was originally going to send the hero and heroine to the Sandy Balls Holiday Park in the New Forest but changed my mind and sent them to a (warmer) hotel near Tunbridge Wells.

But the hero was still going to drive to the New Forest. :(
 
I missed an error in my entry.

I was originally going to send the hero and heroine to the Sandy Balls Holiday Park in the New Forest but changed my mind and sent them to a (warmer) hotel near Tunbridge Wells.

But the hero was still going to drive to the New Forest. :(

The scenic route :D
 
I'm wondering if seeing we're 2 days past the cut off and stories are still being allowed in, if this will delay the winning announcement as well.
 
The scenic route :D

Some of my friends have never forgiven me for 'the scenic route'.

One 1960s evening as the pub was closing they had the bright idea of driving from London to Plymouth to see a round-the-world sailor arrive.

I remembered that I had an Automobile Association route plan from my house to Plymouth. I rushed home, grabbed it, and gave it to them as they started out on what was in those days a marathon journey in an ancient pre-war car.

In my hurry I had picked up the wrong route plan. I had two from my house to Plymouth. The one I had intended to give them was the fastest route.

The one I actually gave them was 'the summer scenic route for solo motorcycle'. Every time they met a major road they crossed it and disappeared down a rural lane. They didn't see the scenery because their whole journey was in darkness.

Nearly fifty years on, they still haven't forgotten...
 
I missed an error in my entry.

I was originally going to send the hero and heroine to the Sandy Balls Holiday Park in the New Forest but changed my mind and sent them to a (warmer) hotel near Tunbridge Wells.

But the hero was still going to drive to the New Forest. :(

he got on the M25 and headed in the wrong direction. then compounded the error by getting off on the M3. ;)
 
Wow I thought I had a lot of votes based on the "average" (even though mine was posted WAY late and in a not-that-popular category) but apparently I was wrong because 900 votes is WAY more than I have :[
 
Your number of votes is above the median. In terms of votes you are 48/125, so that isn't too bad.
 
I am startled by the number of votes already recorded on my entry. It is more than I have ever received during a contest, and they've all come in 48 hours.

Thank you to everyone who voted.
 
I am startled by the number of votes already recorded on my entry. It is more than I have ever received during a contest, and they've all come in 48 hours.

Thank you to everyone who voted.

See! I told you not to worry, that you would get the needed votes.
Write it and they will read it. :)

To ilikeitlikethat18; Who wrote. Wow I thought I had a lot of votes based on the "average" (even though mine was posted WAY late and in a not-that-popular category) but apparently I was wrong because 900 votes is WAY more than I have :[

I just happen to get a lot of votes on this story; it's not typical to get so many in 'Romance'. Remember all votes are not good ones. :eek: Best of luck to you in the contest. Enjoy the roller coaster ride, sometimes it gets bumpy.:)
DG
 
Just One Night

by scouries©

Thank you LITEROTICANS!!!!

I never check the numbers on one of my new stories until 24 hours have passed. Superstition perhaps.

So it’s always exciting the day after a new story comes out. Experience has taught me that you just don’t know what you’ll find when you check.

Was the story too long?
Not enough sex? Too much?
Was Sunday a good day of the week for the story to come out?
Why was it the ninth story on the NEW STORY list and not at the top?
Will my readers on this site have forgotten me?

Here are the 24 hour figures for “Just One Night”:

LITEROTICA

SALES: 48,709
VOTES: 1587
RATING: 4.66
COMMENTS: 34
(most in the previous 24 hours!)
STORY FAVORITED: 31
AUTHOR FAVORITED: 39

And yes they are very gratifying. Sales are a tad low but every other number is very good. It’s also done very well on SOL. Thanks all...
 
Copenhagen is now covered in 10 inches of snow and they are predicting -18 degrees C (don't know what that is in F), so it's winter with a vengance here. Good luck to all contest participants on the last day(s) of voting.
 
Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The pyramids tell me that there are 125 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.27 from an average of 268 votes. Stories had an average of 26,283 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 9 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.25%. The average number of pages is 2.5, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 33,546 votes, 3,285,487 views, 1,056 favorites and 1,148 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.27) is 0.33 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 268) is 274. The median score is 4.29, the median number of votes is 173 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.52 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.99 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 88 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 112 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 9 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 745 votes swept, being an average of 8 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 69. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).


Categories entered (alphabetic order)

  • BDSM (5 stories)
  • Celebrities (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (11 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (2 stories)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (11 stories)
  • Group Sex (15 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (3 stories)
  • Illustrated (3 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (22 stories)
  • Interracial Love (2 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Mind Control (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (4 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (1 story)
  • NonHuman (4 stories)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (17 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (4 stories)
  • Text With Audio (2 stories)
  • Toys & Masturbation (1 story)

New stories today: None


Authors entered so far are:

Acktion, Ada Stuart, Alex De Kok, allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Ashson, Aulcidus, Belongs2Beth (3), BenLong, Benny024, Boxlicker101, BuckyDuckman, Butterflies512, calibeachgirl, Cinner (2), Corpse_rider, dagan732, datedsoul, DG Hear, drdirty8 (2), D_Lynn, EdgarPleaseCain (2), Eros5150, friskygirl51, geronimo_appleby (3), ggroyale, GirlintheMoon, Harlock606, HeyAll (3), HollyS, Honeydip79, ilikeitlikethat18, inqusitivepuppy (2), Jasmynn_Brown (2), javawarrior, JayDavid, JosephWrites, JuliaBonham, justboycrazy, Kikoro, kms1987, LaRascasse, la_chica, LesLumens, lovecraft68, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, m_storyman_x (2), NaokoSmith, Naughtily_Written, northlander, oggbashan, OliShawcross, petitmort, pj, Powerofthepen, PrincessErin, PrincessKashmir (2), qhml1, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), ringdingaling48, Rockinworld, Rockywriter2012, Rugrat60 (2), Schaka, scouries, ShyChiWriter, silkstockingslover (2), SilverSparrow, sirhugs (2), sophist801, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), stubborn_dreamer, SusanJillParker, Tara_Neale (2), theravenfox, Tiffy1, TinyBeth (2), tmoney249, tonyd1509, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (3), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque (2), WayneGibbous, writerjab, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku (2)

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

  • The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012
 
top 10 shown here ... for the complete list visit the a.i.r. tthread...

LITEROTICA SECTION OF THE CONTEST

Well here are the real numbers! I’m sure all of you are as bored by the almost incomprehensible figures our aussie ALT keeps endlessly posting as we are.

Not much sweeping so far. It will be interesting to see which broom she has MANU use this contest …

The QUEEN again is facing a real conundrum this time! A NON-EROTIC story, a LOVERGIRL story and another ROMANCE leading the way. What to do?

Poor LOVERGIRL is on the hot seat again – for about the fourth straight contest she’s in the money before MANU’S brooms start their work. The boss just shook his head when he saw the leaders. Most of us in the office are hoping the QUEEN just lets her win this time – it’s becoming ridiculous. And yet after the last three contests no one knows if she is and has been cheating or if she’s getting fucked. It’s simply not a good situation. And that’s what happens when you have a system with no transparency… no one knows the truth.

What's the old saying about 'reapiing what you sow'...


LITEROTICA'S Winter 2012 Highest Scored

Silver Angels qhml1 NE 4.86
Ashley's Special Gift lovecraft68 GROUP 4.84
Milk and Cookies SpotInTheSand ROM 4.84
Rocky Mountain Christmas BenLong INC 4.79
12 Days dagan732 GAY 4.78
Differently Visioned D_Lynn ROM 4.78
Mary XXXmas Tx Tall Tales GROUP 4.76
Green Groweth the Holly GirlintheMoon ROM 4.76
Christmas Party Date m_storyman_x GROUP 4.75
The Mall Santa DG Hear ROM 4.75
 
top 10 shown here ... for the complete list visit the a.i.r. tthread...

LITEROTICA SECTION OF THE CONTEST

Well here are the real vote numbers! The sayhey kid has a three-peat- three stories in the top 7! The kid is a natural… INCEST dominates the top as usual…And at the top of the list is the handsomest man on LITEROTICA….

Not much sweeping so far. It will be interesting to see which broom she has MANU use this contest… The boss fears a big sweep on his story. We’ll see…


LITEROTICA'S Winter 2012 Highest Vote Totals

Just One Night scouries INC 1707
With Sister's Help HeyAll INC 1503
The Pinion Pine Tree sophist801 LW 981
Milk and Cookies SpotInTheSand ROM 942
The First Time HeyAll INC 930
The Mall Santa DG Hear ROM 918
The Politician HeyAll INC 888
"Oh" Submission Town: A Mother Falls silkstockingslover INC 878
A Jackson Family Christmas luvthedesserts INC 862
A Gift on Christmas Eve Rugrat60 INC 778
 
This message is hidden because ScouriesWorld is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because lovecraft68 is on your ignore list.



Twins in forum technique.
 
Back
Top