The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He breathed new life into the hopes of coal mine operators and a few desperate out-of-work miners but natural gas is so much cheaper and uses so many fewer workers to run the plants (like 20%!) that coal is dying from the brutal cudgel of market forces. There was an article in the WSJ that oil producers are worried about the same obsolescence coming down the pike. It won't be soon but it's coming.
 
Exxon's coal mine sale was before our new President that no one expected to win was elected. He has breathed some new life back into coal over here. I think the sale was also part of a deal Exxon made so it could buy General Electric. One of the major suppliers of solar and wind equipment.

Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to be sleeping. Someone forgot to tell my brain. :rolleyes:

So I'll make a fresh pot of coffee and see if HP left any do'nuts.

I left the last two for you.
If they were not there when you went for them, two things come to mind:
1. The Phantom Doughnut-thief has struck again OR
2. Someone left a window open and the birds got 'em. :)


He breathed new life into the hopes of coal mine operators and a few desperate out-of-work miners but natural gas is so much cheaper and uses so many fewer workers to run the plants (like 20%!) that coal is dying from the brutal cudgel of market forces. There was an article in the WSJ that oil producers are worried about the same obsolescence coming down the pike. It won't be soon but it's coming.

Has anyone else noticed a marked inability of suppliers to meet the financial packages of the users ? ie., the unit price does not fall !
Erm. . . WSJ ?

PS. We've been enjoying [?] the hottest June day in 40years.
 
Last edited:
Wall Street Journal.

I hope you can enjoy your temporarily dry weather.

At present, [about half-past ten of an evening], we have about 31C which is really
not common; particularly at this time of night.
I wouldn't mind, but its the bloody humidity !

I'm melting; Tea, I need Tea, and lots of it, please
 
I think someone got my order wrong. I did not order the tropical storm. :cool:
 
It's on the house. I hope you enjoy it!

On the house, on the yard, on the street. I have a VA appointment an hours drive away at eight in the morning. Lots of rain but a lot of it is dying out but from the looks of the Radar, it will be around all night. Lots and lots of water. Soup anyone?
 
Feel free to keep it down there.

Sorry to tell you this but it's fixing to make a turn to the right and head your direction. They are predicting 5-7 inches of rain as far north as eastern Tennessee.

Bedtime for me.
 
Sorry to tell you this but it's fixing to make a turn to the right and head your direction. They are predicting 5-7 inches of rain as far north as eastern Tennessee.

Bedtime for me.

Happily, Tennessee is south of me.
 
Now they are talking Ohio Valley and the Appalachians.

Here we have dropped below the three digit mark, looks like two digits the rest of the month and possibly even entering into the high 80s, be still me heart! Still waiting on monsoon season to start though.

HP: eat spicy food, it will increase your sweat and cool you off..
 
I'll trade their water for the nightmare that just woke me.

Were it in my power, I'd do it. :kiss:


Sorry to tell you this but it's fixing to make a turn to the right and head your direction. They are predicting 5-7 inches of rain as far north as eastern Tennessee.

Bedtime for me.

It's fine saying 5-7 inches, but over what period of time ?

Today, we are enjoying (?) a cooler & calmer 72F, with a bit of a wind and loads of cloud. I might even wear a T-shirt today.

Plot Bunny gen:
"America will witness, for the first time in 99 years, a total solar eclipse stretching from coast to coast on August 21."

Get your gear,. folks; you got a real good deal this time. See here.
 
A beautiful day it ain't here. On my way to the VA in Lufkin I think I passed a couple of submarines. :eek:

The vampire at the clinic is very good. Hardly a sting as she took a quart out of my caffeine, I mean, blood stream.

It hasn't rained hard here at the house. Just off and on since early last night.

Ok, a fresh post of coffee and a fresh kettle for the afternooner crowd. Happy writing or read or in my case, napping.
 
A beautiful day it ain't here. On my way to the VA in Lufkin I think I passed a couple of submarines. :eek:

The vampire at the clinic is very good. Hardly a sting as she took a quart out of my caffeine, I mean, blood stream.

It hasn't rained hard here at the house. Just off and on since early last night.

Ok, a fresh post of coffee and a fresh kettle for the afternooner crowd. Happy writing or read or in my case, napping.

Full sized Subs or the miniature kind ?
If you'd care to export some of that, there's few garden round here would gladly take a few gallons.

But now it is time for tea.
 
Location, location, location. Which is worse, the wrong place at the wrong time or the right place at the wrong time? Beware, plot bunnies abound.

The nap was good, supper was good, the writing, slow and interrupted.

I'll make fresh coffee for the morning crew but I'm thinking about hot chocolate or maybe going to bed.
 
I never had nightmares until about a year ago. They're so vivid . . . and so evil . . . they scare me.

Like Pilot says, you might like to try and write them down and create a good story. This has the advantage of getting it out of your head.
Sleep well, Madam.
:kiss::kiss:



Location, location, location. Which is worse, the wrong place at the wrong time or the right place at the wrong time? Beware, plot bunnies abound.

I'll make fresh coffee for the morning crew but I'm thinking about hot chocolate or maybe going to bed.

Oh good.
Coffee !!!

Right place, wrong time ? Like This
"Meet me on the corner when the lights are coming on and I'll be there. . . ."
 
Morning HP.

I had never heard of those guys but they have nice words and rhyme.

Yes, coffee, we must have coffee. Otherwise there is no reason to get up in the morning. Well, there is feeding the cat but....

I'm happy to say, I dream quite a bit but very seldom have nightmares anymore. Back in the day it was mostly nightmares. Either waking up yelling or cold sweats. I knew where those dreams came from and with time they went away.

Dreams to me are usually the brain sorting through the rubbish of the day looking to see if it missed anything important. Nightmares are when it finds things that scares the shit out of you.

Anywho, fresh coffee is now available while it lasts.
 
I often dream up the key element of a story during those minutes of semiwakefulness in the morning. I almost always use them then as the inspiration for a story--and although I often forget other dreams immediately, these stick with me and build into plots by the time I can write them down.

It's been Camelot here the last couple of days--raining at night. Clear and warm during the day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top