Steve Martin Becomes First-Time Dad at Age 67

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
stevem-x-large.jpg

Steve Martin, 67, and his wife, Ann Stringfield, 41, are a private pair, maybe even qualifying as reclusive by Hollywood standards. Unlike their neighbors who tend to publicize every moment and aspect of their lives, Martin and Stringfeld made no announcement of the recent arrival of their first child, but have been spotted pushing a baby stroller around their LA neighborhood. They have otherwise managed to keep the whole bundle under wraps. The couple welcomed their bundle of joy as long ago as December.

After living with my 10 month old grand daughter I know that it's a blessing and a curse.:D

At neither of those ages would I want to start over, or anew as the case might be with a kid. He'll be lucky to see the kid's 15th birthday, let alone any beyond that. I know at 43 I don't want a baby.

At neither of those ages would I want to start over, or anew as the case might be with a kid. He'll be lucky to see the kid's 15th birthday, let alone any beyond that. I know at 43 I don't want a baby.

When you have something to live for, you generally live longer. Steve has access to first class medical care, and he's pretty active for 67. I could easily see him making it into his 90's.

When you have something to live for, you generally live longer. Steve has access to first class medical care, and he's pretty active for 67. I could easily see him making it into his 90's.

Even if he makes it to 90 the kid is fatherless at 23. Sure they won't have any financial worries, but that's not everything.

Poor kid could be pushing his dad around in a wheel chair when he's 12.

Now see to me? I wonder if this isn't a "gift" of sorts to the much younger wife. That and that whole "legacy" thing some people eventually get caught up in.

Cary Grant had a daughter when he was really old. Still he was a great father from the accounts.

Cary Grant had a daughter when he was really old. Still he was a great father from the accounts.

I'm just shy of 45 and I'd lose my mind if my wife got pregnant.

And well, umm since I've been fixed I think she would have some explaining to do as well.

stevem-x-large.jpg

After living with my 10 month old grand daughter I know that it's a blessing and a curse.:D

I would be afraid of birth defects and the strong possibility of autism with parents at these ages. The age of the father and the mother really figures into the health of the baby. They won't know for months whether or not the baby has any learning disabilities. He's 67 while she is 41. This is like playing roulette with your baby's health. Just because someone is still capable of having a child doesn't mean that they should have a child. Fetus viability is a genetic crap shoot at best. If more people understood how difficult it was to have a completely healthy child, they would be terrified to even try past a certain age.

I can easily see why they are keeping it a private issue (or were trying to).

I can easily see why they are keeping it a private issue (or were trying to).

LOL.

I had my daughter at about Ann Stringfield's age. I was a bit scared about the health issues but I knew I would have loved and been happy with a child whatever (my nephew has profound special needs).

My kid is the joy of my life. And I don't think she objects to being around in the world, although her mom is a bit older than other moms (and will no longer let her watch Clueless now she got to an age when she probably understands all the innuendos!).

:rose:

DO I recall that Charlie Chaplin was a father at 77 ?
It was a good while ago I read it, though.

Hope that they have a healthy kid. Once a woman is in her forties, the chance of the kid having Down's Syndrome hops up to roughly 1/12.

I would be afraid of birth defects and the strong possibility of autism with parents at these ages. The age of the father and the mother really figures into the health of the baby. They won't know for months whether or not the baby has any learning disabilities. He's 67 while she is 41. This is like playing roulette with your baby's health. Just because someone is still capable of having a child doesn't mean that they should have a child. Fetus viability is a genetic crap shoot at best. If more people understood how difficult it was to have a completely healthy child, they would be terrified to even try past a certain age.

There's no perfect age to have a child. EVERY age has its drawbacks (economic, inexperience, whatever) and people's choices are constrained by their own circumstances.

There's no perfect age to have a child. EVERY age has its drawbacks (economic, inexperience, whatever) and people's choices are constrained by their own circumstances.

This is true, but increased parental age means increased risk of problems for the child, and that's regardless of the economics, etc. Although it's increased risk of problems, not a guarantee.

His smile says he's totally into it and excited about being a dad.

there should be a law against old farts knocking up girls more that are 20 yrs younger than them

there should be a law against old farts knocking up girls more that are 20 yrs younger than them

Why? If its consensual there is no problem.

And at least The wife is 41. That idiot Steven Tyler is still running around with 20 year olds and he's pushing 70 and as disgusting looking as sin itself.

This is true, but increased parental age means increased risk of problems for the child, and that's regardless of the economics, etc. Although it's increased risk of problems, not a guarantee.

I just think of the activity level so to speak. What's he going to do when the kid is sixteen, throw a football from a wheelchair?

I had my kids pretty young and it was tough back then, but now I'm 45 and my youngest has one year of college left and I'm free and easy after that. Well as easy as I can be, you're always a parent, but there is a difference when they're adults its not 24/7

I didn't mean that no one should have a child at an advanced age. Anyone who wants children should try, but they need to know the risks going into a pregnancy after the age of 40. Most men aren't aware of the fact that their sperm is less viable as they age.

However, I live in the real world, and I have seen what having a special needs child does to the parents, their marriage, and the other children in the family—if there are any involved. Most marriages of special needs children break up. It's one thing to know or be related to a special needs child, but another to deal with it day after day. It will strip you mentally, emotional, physically, and economically. Of course, parents love their children defects and all. Like I said, people really need to have children when they are younger if they can. Most people really don't want to hear the biological truth. Why do you think infertility rates have gone up in the last forty years? It's because doctors are not telling men and women the truth about human fertility.

stevem-x-large.jpg

Steve Martin is gorgeous at any age. Just like fine wine, he only gets better with age. I love his books too. He's a terrific author.

Last edited:
She was just the first woman that took seriously what he's always poked in fun.

Comedians, ya have to love them.

Unlike clowns that should be shot on sight. :cool:

Back