Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law - Closed for DanFS

DeliciousMaiden

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Posts
15,258
Bethany Parker did not intend to live in the property. Like everything it was an asset to be invested in or sold. She had been informed that it had been in the family for years, its ownership dating back from the early 1900s when the property was actually built on a plot of land purchased by her forebears. A great-uncle, or some such unknown elderly relative had been the last occupant and now it seemed after having laid empty for 6 months she had finally been identified as the heir to what was locally called Carbis Castle, but was in reality an art deco styled house looking down across the Cornish bay.

Beth was not given to sentiment or nostalgia. She had inherited property and assets enough to make her secure when both her parents had been killed in a road traffic accident when she was 19. Despite that she had completed her university education and had yet to select an appropriate career. The place meant nothing to her and there was no motivation for a young woman of her 25 years to relocate to live out in wilds of Cornwall. Yet perhaps this property might be the first of a portfolio which could raise an income and so she had to consider her options, rather than ‘dispose’ of her inheritance.

The place had no appeal to her personally, but Beth knew that the location was considered ‘desirable’ both locally and in terms of the tourism market. Whether by offering the house for rental or by putting it on the sale market, Beth was sure she could turn a profit and so even before she headed down there, she arranged for the place to be given ‘the once over’. Only once she had been assured that the wiring had been upgraded and that all was clean and comfortable did Bethany clear her diary and close up her own tiny apartment to head down to inspect the place and await the outcome of the survey she had commissioned. She intended to stay for a couple of weeks in the first instance before deciding if any further spend would be profitable and to ultimately decide upon the property’s fate.

Carbis House had been empty for 9 months prior to Bethany Parker’s arrival …

50a7e44c556271eb394d0ade4c5f3adf.jpg


Bethany Parker
 
Noah Parkington had been enjoying another beautiful spring morning, awaking as the sun peeked through the roughly-drawn curtains of his bedroom.

He stretched and rolled out of bed, strolling to the window, naked, and looked out over the terrace and across the bay to St. Ives.

He had grown accustomed to the peace and tranquillity here, and enjoyed the solitude and fresh air that allowed him to concentrate on his work. The gulls crying as they swooped overhead and the soft, distant sound of waves crashing upon the shore were the only sounds to be heard.

The window was open just a crack, to allow some fresh air in, and he took a deep breath, hoping to savour the salty tang of the sea on the air. Either the wind was blowing the wrong way, or he had another cold again! Lately, he seemed unable to smell the sea air as often as he used to.

From his spot high above the bay, which afforded him the magnificent view, he was obscured from all but aerial observation, so as had become his custom when it was warm enough, walked through into the Sitting Room, then he opened the double doors and stepped out onto the Terrace, and took a seat in the already warm sun on the decked veranda, and like a reptile enjoying the sensation of it playing across him, warming his skin.

After a while, he heard a car door slam, and the click-click of a pair of high heels, as someone approached the house. He heard the key in the lock, and as he dashed inside to seek somewhere to hide, heard a woman’s voice exclaim:
“Oh my – this place needs a clean!” There followed more clicking of heels on the wooden flooring, as she made her way through the ground floor and into the Kitchen.
The female voice then said “Carbis Castle Survey. Exterior of Property lends itself to the Art Deco period, circa 1920’s. Sited on promontory overlooking the bay across from St. Ives. Secluded location, favours those who require privacy.”

Noah hated having his solitude interrupted. He had enjoyed many years since his last family member had left, and the last nine months had been bliss, where he could enjoy peace & quiet, with nobody harping on at him. He could only hope this woman would leave soon.
His displeasure was so strong he could almost taste it!
One bitch in his house was enough!

A few more clicks from her heels, then:
“Odd – change of temperature in the Kitchen. Seems to be several degrees cooler here than the Hallway. I can’t see any evidence of a draught. The doors & windows appear in good order with no perishing of seals or warping of frames.”
She carried on her tour through the ground floor, inspecting every room, before heading upstairs.
Noah wanted her gone – he hated the idea of her looking through his home, without his permission. However, seeing as how he had gone out onto the deck naked, he couldn’t really confront her!
He would bide his time to see what she did. If she tried to steal something, he’d have to show himself, and challenge her.

She toured upstairs, each bedroom, bathroom, he had hidden behind his bedroom door, and she passed so close, he could smell her perfume. She was tall, slim, blonde, with what he would call an athletic figure, encased in a black skirt-suit.
He saw her bend over and inspect the wooden flooring in the bedroom. He took the opportunity to admire the way the tight black skirt clung to her taut ass, before reminding himself it would not do to be caught hiding behind the door with an erection!
He willed her to leave, and shortly after, she went into another room.
She spoke into her palm, as she walked into every room, apparently recording her first impression, and commenting on any repairs or alterations she would recommend.
He didn’t recall appointing a surveyor, and he definitely wouldn’t have permitted a woman to do this in his house!

At last, she left, leaving taking her damned clicky-click shoes with her.
He heard her final comment before she put something from her hand back into her bag:
“Recommend the property to our client. Alterations and renovations should be minimal, dependent on taste, but overall the property seems in good order and ready for a tenant.”

‘Bitch!’ Noah thought – this is my house!
There must be some mistake, but where the hell did she get the key from?

If she came back, he’d have to fix her!
 
Bethany Parker

Her little blue Nissan Micra was packed to the hilt. The boot was full and on the backseat was loaded also. The foot-wells were free leaving a space for her stop off at the nearest supermarket to gather supplies for her stay. She reasoned that it would save her time later on, but it added a further delay so that she did not arrive until 5 pm. Despite the hour it was still fine weather and even sunny as she pulled up outside the house and had her first view of the property which now was hers. Of course she had seen photographs, but the reality was so much more …

15560001.jpg


Standing beside her car, Beth looked up at the white structure. It was quirky, but homely somehow and although she could not see the view out across the bay from here, she knew that it would be amazing. Turning around slowly she took in the lawns, the shrubs and the purple flowers that climbed up the wall from floor to terrace level. Photographs did not do the place justice; it was beautiful! Dragging the key from her handbag and too impatient to even think about the boxes and bags in the car, she headed to the front door, the lock giving way easily to allow her to step over the threshold into what could be her new home, or, she hastily corrected her illogical train of thought, her new business enterprise. For long moments Beth stood in the hall looking about her and taking in the feel of the place. She shrugged off her denim jacket, the jeans and pink sweatshirt giving her more than enough warmth even though by the feel of it she would have to put the heat on fully to warm up the place and began to make a slow tour of the rooms.

Her ankle boots seem to echo on the floorboards as she went down the hall eager to see the view out of the back of the house and pleased to find that the wooden-floored kitchen looked out towards the sea. The adjacent dining room was to the other side of the kitchen and looked out to the side and front of the house. The living room was amazing and it too looked out across the bay. Retracing her steps, Beth discovered a further reception room, which Beth found herself considering that she could use as a study/work room. To say she was impressed was an understatement. Against all her intentions she found herself imagining just what it might be like to live here.

And she had yet to see the upstairs….
 
About a week after the blonde woman with the clicky-click shoes invaded his privacy, he heard another car pull up on the driveway.
Then he stopped.
He felt…..something.

Something he hadn’t felt for years – not since his ex-wife (Bitch!) took him for everything, and then flaunted it to the world by taking a younger lover, and parading him around town.
Oh, the humiliation!
It was bad enough she had robbed him of the very essence of his life, as a writer, there is nothing worse than your muse deserting you! After a pause, he corrected himself – actually, being dumped by your publisher was pretty bad too…

But for her to tell people he had died of an overdose, because he couldn’t handle the demands of his publisher - was an ugly lie. She had been so deceitful - flirting with other men behind his back. That wasn’t the way a loving wife conducted herself was it?
He had been taken ill, and if he was honest, never really recovered.

She was back!
WHY? His mind screamed.

This time he was going to fix her – she wasn’t going to ruin his life twice!
He opened the Bathroom cabinet, and tried to lift his cut-throat razor, but he just couldn’t do it. As hard as he tried to close his fingers around the bone handle, he broke out in a sweat and his hand shook. He was no good like this!

He heard the front door open and then footsteps on the wooden floor; she was wearing boots too, judging by the thicker, slightly heavier sound as stepped through the hallway.
He heard her move through the Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room, and finally, Reception Room. How he had loved working in that room, some of his best creative moments had come to him in that room. His room….

For a fleeting moment, he fondly remembered taking her from behind, over the desk in that room, her screaming his name in ecstasy, into the papers gathered on the desktop, soon after they were married. That was before she seemed to tire of him; and start to erode his very being. He’d never forgive her for that.

Then he started to panic – she'd stepped on the bottom step, the one that creaked, he’d meant to fix it and never got around to it.
He crept back into the nearest bedroom, and looked down the stairwell through the banister spindles. A female face came into view, but not the one he expected.
He was stunned into paralysis for a moment, but in that time, had he moved she would have seen him.
He held his breath as she walked past him and continued down the hall to the Master Bedroom, as if he wasn’t even there!
She had the same colour brunette hair, was roughly the same height and build, but there the similarity ended.
Who was she?
 
Last edited:
Bethany Parker

Bethany climbed the stairs, slowly, carefully, anticipation making her heart hammer excitedly. Her mind told her that if she was impressed by the place, then how much more would the place appeal to a potential tenant or buyer? She reached the top of the stairs and hesitated, getting her bearings. Downstairs looked much as any other house, yet upstairs the unique structure became more apparent. To the left and the right were the two turret rooms, the main bedrooms, she supposed. Ahead to the right was an additional bedroom and to the left a large ‘family sized’ bathroom. The hallway between rooms also ran behind the stairs, yet all that led off from here were glass double doors which opened out onto a raised terrace which looked out over the front gardens of the property. This contrasted to the sea view which led out from the kitchen with informal seating and dining area downstairs.

Why she headed left, the East, she had no idea, the choice was random, but she found herself in the bedroom which overlooked the front door and the purple blooms which crept upwards as far as the bedroom window from where she looked out across the bay. Turning she took in the appearance of the room. It was truly beautiful. Her agent had not been lying; the place had been well kept and the money she had paid having it cleaned and prepared for her arrival had been well spent. A double bed dominated the room, its pristine white sheets and the white furnishings within adding to the freshness of the room. In fact, as she turned, she realised that the window was even open a crack. She supposed that folk living here were not as security conscious as those who lived in London, but she was surprised nonetheless.

Reluctantly she went out and walked back down the landing to the bedroom in the opposite turret. Again she checked the view out of the windows and realised that this looked out to the side of the property and afforded more of a view of the gardens and shrubs with only a glimpse of the sea to the side. This room was furnished with a smaller double bed, which though by no means a single did not have the proportions of its queen-sized counterpart in the other bedroom. Where the other had felt like a lady’s room, this somehow felt masculine, though in truth the décor was the same and the bedding the same fine white cotton. Bethany shook her head. Now why did she automatically categorise the rooms as ‘his and hers’? She guessed that this second westerly bedroom had been used by the elderly relative who had left her this property and perhaps for that reason decided upon the other bedroom as her own; of course just for the duration of her stay. Closer investigation showed her that this bedroom had a cloakroom / shower room attached.

She supposed that the family bathroom was intended to serve the lady’s room, a fact that was confirmed by the discovering of a small en-suite to the smaller bedroom. Though smaller in size, this actually held more furniture as the circular nature of the turrets did not lend themselves to anything apart from small items which could be positioned in the available space. She retraced her steps and walked towards the double doors, but found them locked. But of course, she would have to work out which of the bunch of keys opened which doors within the house and of course label them accordingly. But those keys were currently in the front door and could be worked through later. For now, Bethany knew she had to unload the car. There was ample space to bring all her possessions into the hall and from there she would work out where to store them.

If she were only here 2 weeks then it wouldn’t make sense to spread herself out across the house too much, but she couldn’t help the feeling that she really just wanted to ‘move in’ properly and take it from there …
 
Last edited:
Noah couldn’t believe he had another woman in his house!
After the peace and tranquillity of his elderly male relative living with him, he has to suffer the intrusion when the Surveyor came, It was bad enough that she had clicky-click shoes, but he thought that would be the end of it, and he could get back to his quiet life.
Then, a few days later a team of cleaners turned up; the young women chatting constantly as they worked. It reminded him of a pack of yapping dogs!

What was worse, this new woman even looked a little like Elizabeth, his ex-wife!
He had preferred it when his male relative had taken the house on and lived there happily for many years.
Now this! It was like a huge slap in the face.
She wandered around the house, taking her time and inspecting each room.
How she walks past him into the room, and doesn’t realise he’s behind the door is nothing short of miraculous.

Noah decides, when she has gone into the other bedroom again, to sneak downstairs, as he knows which steps creak, and makes it all the way to the front door, undetected.
He sees her keys, still hanging in the lock, and decides to do something quite juvenile.
He reaches out to grab the keys, and can’t close his fingers around them.
He swears under his breath and concentrates, before trying again, he still doesn’t grab the keys, but he does move them.
‘This is annoying!’ He thinks, before taking a deep breath and closing his eyes for a few seconds, to centre himself. Then he tries again, this time, his fingers close around the keys. They feel odd, as if they are a long way away, but now he has a hold, he removes her keys from the lock and places them gently on the Hall table, on the old newspaper there, which stops them from making a noise.

He stands and grins with satisfaction, then hearing her at the top of the stairs, he moves into the Living Room.

Noah had watched her walk and compared her to Elizabeth, his ex-wife.
He blinked and then found himself looking at Elizabeth.
His perspective was now from his own bed, looking up at her.
She wore a concerned smile, and said, in a voice that seemed far, far away:
“Don’t worry Noah. Not long now, until you’ll be all better.”

The word better stretched both in length and pitch as if undergoing a doppler effect – giving the impression she was moving away.
Then she faded gradually from view as well.

Noah came back into himself, staggered over to, and sat down upon, the bottom step, surprised that it creaked. It hadn’t done that for a while!

What just happened?
 
Last edited:
There was no way of denying it, the house was gorgeous. But more than that, it felt homely … Beth hadn’t expected that! And old property, lived in by an elderly man had not been at all appealing other than as a business venture. True Beth had arranged for a survey to be carried out and for a local cleaning service to go through the place so that it was habitable, but she had not expected that the place would have the ‘feel’ of a holiday letting; furniture in place, all facilities for the use of, but much more than that, there were so many ‘personal effects’ to work through. The will had stipulated that only the heir should be responsible for the disposal of the house contents, a process which Beth had expected to be tedious and time consuming, but one that she now found she was looking forward to. To learn about the history of the house, to learn about a side of her family of which she had no previous knowledge would be fascinating …

But there was work to do first. Moving to the front door, she put her hand out to retrieve the keys. Being a city girl she had locked the car and she needed to bring her possessions inside before the early evening slipped away. But her hand moved and halted finding no keys in the place she had left them. For long seconds she paused, playing back her actions when she had come into the house, certain that she had closed the door and locked it behind her, again a habit which she doubted was as necessary in this setting. But they weren’t there, so her memory must be !playing tricks. With a weary sigh, she tried her pockets, though she knew that the key ring with the addition of the house keys would not fit into her pockets without causing a bulge. Exasperated she looked round. Had they fallen on the floor, could she … ? And then she saw them, on the hall table! She had absolutely no memory of putting them there! She had hardly noticed the table, nor had she spotted the newspaper which lay beneath them. In fact it seemed strange to have an old newspaper just laying there. She picked up the keys and the paper beneath. There was nothing noteworthy about it. From what she could tell it was a local ‘free’ paper advertising local events and businesses. A quick look at the date told her that it was only a week old. Definitely curious …

But all this was putting off the inevitable. She had a car-full to unload and so the ‘mystery’ was put to the back of her mind as she went outside to open up the car and began to carry boxes, bags and a couple of suitcases one by one into the hall way. Taking care to stack everything neatly into various piles, she easily organised the items she had brought with her. It had taken her the best part of half an hour to unload from car to hall. Car and door locked once more, keys back on the hall table; Beth stood and looked down at the items which surrounded her. In truth, her compact apartment contained less than the items she had brought with her that day. A second car load would effectively clear that place out and apart from a few items which she had inherited from her parents and put into what seemed like permanent storage, her ‘worldly possessions’ amounted to very little she realised with a sigh. She raised her eyes and looked around the hall, the doorway to ‘her study’ to one side of her and the doors to the reception rooms to the other. Her meagre items paled in comparison to the richness of the items which had been collected just in this one house over the years … and these items were now hers, should she want them! For the first time the real thrill of ownership filled her.

First things first, though she decided shaking herself out of her reverie. Picking up the boxes for the kitchen and then returning for the groceries, she set about putting her purchases into the fridge and cupboards and easily found a kettle and mugs and set about making herself a tea. She would allow herself a brief rest before starting to prepare a meal for herself…
 
Noah watched her look for her keys and he took a moment of satisfaction in the confusion he had caused.

Once she had found them, she returned to the car to unload boxes, bags and a couple of suitcases into the House.

Noah watched her busy herself moving her things into his house, and as the minutes ticked by, he became more and more frustrated.
‘How dare she…’ he thought ‘Move into my House, as if I weren’t even here!’

He decided she would need to be convinced to leave – but how?

As he pondered this thought, she had made herself a cup of tea, and drank it in the Kitchen.
He stood in the shadows of the Kitchen doorway, and too another look at her. She looked similar to Elizabeth in some ways, yet in others she was nothing like her. Younger, of course, but she had a kinder looking face, whereas Elizabeth had crow’s feet around the eyes and a sharp line for a mouth, this girl had something about her which although plainly of the same family line, evoked a feeling of friendship.

Still though, Noah could not permit her to stay as a welcome guest in his house.

She finished her tea and stated to bustle around the kitchen, preparing a meal.

He had enjoyed peace and solitude for so long, this was a shock, and a woman, of his ex-wife’s family line was the one to ruin it all.

He would wait, and strike at the most opportune moment.
If she were afraid, she could be made to leave.
Let’s wait until dark, and see what happens….

<Several hours later>

The mystery girl was sorting out various things from the boxes, bags and the suitcases, before deciding to use the bathroom.

‘No point in passing up a free show’ He thought, as he watched her undress, in the bedroom she had appropriated as her own, leaving the door open as she assumed she was alone and unobserved, he guessed.
Her body was slim and lithe, taut and pleasantly proportioned, to his mind. Had she not been from Elizabeth’s line, she might have been attractive. She might have got ‘a rise’ out of him.

He watched from his vantage point in the bedroom opposite as she made her way into the bathroom, her movements sinuous & feline, whereupon she closed the door.
He could hear the running of water, which sounded like the bath being filled and waited a few minutes before hearing her climb into the water and moan a ‘Hmmm’ in the satisfied way people do when they relax.

He wanted to see, but daren’t open the door.
He walked up to it, and pressed against it, focussing his will, his desire to upset and frighten her, to allow him to pass through. After a momentary lull, he felt himself slide through the wood of the door, the world going grey for a moment before his vision returned and he was inside the bathroom.
She laid in the bath her eyes looking away from the door.
He could see her through the steam, and wrote upon the Bathroom mirror.
‘Leave – you are not welcome here.’
 
Bethany prepared her meal, a stir fry of vegetables with noodles, something nutritious, but not too time consuming to prepare. She reached over to switch on the radio as she sat down to eat, then halted deciding to merely enjoy the silence of the setting and the rhythmic sounds of the sea’s surf. She sighed contentedly. This place was isolated and she was alone, yet she was less lonely she realised than in her tiny apartment surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the city. Just why this place felt so homely Bethany could not work out logically? It was enough that she felt that she belonged for the first time since the death of her parents.

Meal done and kitchen put to rights once more, Bethany returned to the hall way and spent some short time sorting out the piles of her possessions. The items for her ‘office’ were set to the side for her to move the next day, but she decided that she would take up her personal items and clothes, though she wouldn’t fully unpack that evening. Hauling the cases and holdalls up the stairs was more strenuous than she had predicted, but then it had been a tiring day and no doubt she would be revitalised after a good night’s sleep. She selected the room she considered the ‘female’ room and opened up a suitcase containing her clothing sorting through to select a nightgown and underwear. A box with towels and toiletries remained outside the bathroom and she selected just what she needed accordingly. A long hot bath was what she needed to ease her fatigued body and fully relax before her bedtime.

It never occurred to Bethany that she was not alone. The place was not overlooked and so she knew she did not have to concern herself with false modesty as she peeled off her clothes and set them in a pile whilst her bath ran, the scent of her bath foam drifting to the turret bedroom as she stretched and then turned to make her way to the bathroom for the well-deserved soak. Not for the first time, she marvelled that the amenities of the house were in such good working order. The house was secure and draft free, it felt warm and dry and there seemed plenty of hot water, all factors which mentally ticked boxes in terms of selling or even taking this place on herself, at least for a while. She sighed and lay back in the tub, the scented water seeping into her tired body totally unaware of the invisible intruder, nor of his intention to warn her off. It was only belatedly that she became aware of a lowering of temperature in the steamy room. She eased upright and found the cooler air drying the suds on her skin as her breasts rose reflexively as her nipples hardened in response to the change in atmosphere. Slowly her head turned towards the door, looking directly at Noah, though of course, she was totally unaware of his presence. It didn’t make sense. The room had been almost sauna like, so hot and steamy had the atmosphere become and now in a matter of moments it seemed that the aromatic vapour was condensing. Somehow her eyes were drawn to the mirror, the letters standing out suddenly, so much so that she wondered how she could have missed them earlier.


‘Leave – you are not welcome here.’

But even as she gasped audibly as she read those words, droplets formed and ran and erased the ominous message. For long moments she sat immobile, eyes scanning, mind racing and heart hammering. She shook her head in denial. She had imagined the message, or it was something written a long time ago, for some inexplicable reason which the steamy atmosphere had revealed somehow. And as for the temperature of the room? Perhaps the heating had suddenly gone off? She had yet to locate the thermostat and timer and there had to be a logical explanation … didn’t there…?

She eased back down in the hot water, an action intended to warm up her body before she stood and eased out of the tub taking up the towels and wrapping one securely around her and the other over her shoulders as her wet hair draped downwards. She pulled open the door and stepped out into the hall way and padded to the bedroom, aware that the ambient temperature somehow rose as soon as she stepped out of the bathroom; a fact that was illogical and inexplicable. She sat in the chair set before the dressing table and looked at her reflection in the mirror as she began to gently towel her hair. How could she not be welcome? She could not help but wonder. There were no surviving relatives, no one who had lived in this house apart from her deceased relative if the information she had been given was correct … Lost in thought as she was, her eyes fixed upon her own reflection, Beth almost missed it, but as she froze, and looked more carefully she was sure she saw a shadow, an outline, indistinct, but surely there was something there standing out from the pristine whiteness of the wall. She gave a startled cry as it began to move and whirled round, hair brush in hand as she stood brandishing it, the towel falling free as she stood naked, breathing rapidly, that ineffective weapon in hand…

But there was nothing there, no one there … How could there be?
 
Noah saw the young woman’s surprise at his message on the mirror.
Her gasp brought a smile to his face, although he knew she couldn’t see it.
He watched her sink down into the tub, and was disappointed, hoping his thinly veiled threat would scare her out of the bath in terror.
After a few seconds, she did indeed rise and step out of the tub, giving Noah an unobstructed view of her glorious naked form, before covering it in a fluffy towel, and wrapping another around her wet hair.

He watched her pad across the floor and into the bedroom she had appropriated, before sitting in front of the dressing table and towel-dry her hair. He entered the room and even though he detested her being here, wanted to get another look at her body.
He hadn’t seen a body like that up close for many years!
As he moved along one wall, seeking to get closer, she suddenly jumped out her chair and whirled around, brandishing the hairbrush she held as a weapon, in front of her.

Noah couldn’t see himself in the mirror, so he was puzzled how she knew he was there, but her reaction told him she must have seen him, somehow!
He started to talk, hoping to scare her even more when her towel fell away, stopping him in his tracks. He changed what he was going to say and only after a couple of seconds realised there was no sound coming out of his mouth.
He concentrated and tried again.
“Very nice! I think it’s the least you can do, since you come into my house uninvited.”
After a second’s pause he added:
“Put the hairbrush down. Do you really think you will be able to harm me with anything, let alone a hairbrush?”
He leant back against the wall, and then stopped. It was a while since he had done that too!
He was taking form again. This was not good timing!

'At least we can talk, if it helps me.' He thought, although not really sure what to do next.
 
Beth's eyes darted around her room and to the door. She was sure she had caught sight of a ... shadow ... a movement. As her hand gripped the hairbrush her heart hammered heavily with the unexpected throb of fear.

“Very nice! I think it’s the least you can do, since you come into my house uninvited.”

She started, jumping visibly at the sound of the distinctively male voice which seemed to come from her own room. Inexplicably her head moved extensively in the direction of the sound and before her eyes it seemed a shape took form; a man, smartly suited yet with darn brooding eyes that held inexplicable hostility.
HIS house he had said, she realised belatedly as she was held, frozen in shock. Even as her common sense denied what she saw, Beth knew that she was not hallucinating.

“Put the hairbrush down. Do you really think you will be able to harm me with anything, let alone a hairbrush?”

Beth looked downwards. Her knuckles were white as they grasped the brush urgently and yet it was more in fear and panic now than defence or even aggression. She had never meant anyone any harm, had merely instinctively attempted to defend herself. Slowly she forced the grasp on her brush to loosen and lowered her arm. As if once she had forced herself to relax the brush fell from her unresponsive fingers to the floor with a clatter that resonated in the otherwise silence of the house.

"Who .. what .... are you ...?"

Her voice sounded strangled even to her own ears. Belatedly she realised just how closely he was scrutinising her and with a cry of realisation grabbed at the towel at her feet and secured it around her, holding it in place as she continued to face the 'intruder'.

"This is my house now."

She told him shakily.

"Great Uncle Arnold ... he left it to me."

She actually found herself attempting to reason with him.
She gave a semi-hysterical laugh and felt sure that she was losing her senses.

"This ... you ... no ... "

She shook her head as she struggled to deny what her own eyes knew was before her.

"What do you want ... Why are you here?"

She asked instead.
She was alone, isolated in a place where she knew no one and no one knew of her.
If anything happened to her here, no one would know or care.
With effort she tried not to panic as she awaited his answer.
 
Last edited:
The harsh clatter of the hairbrush upon the wooden floor reminded Noah that although he was surprised by the woman’s presence here, she must also have been shocked to find a tenant already here.

Her haltingly phrased question of "Who .. what .... are you ...?" Only confirmed his assessment.

As she explained that her Great Uncle had left it to her, Noah realised with dismay that she was a descendant of Elizabeth, which explained the resemblance in their looks.
Arnold had been his Nephew, and they had lived here together in peace happily for years, although Arnold had pretty much come and go as he pleased, he had lived a largely single life, he must have been Elizabeth’s sole surviving heir. That said he had enjoyed the company of a woman from time to time, although Noah had never let on.

“I, am Noah Parkington, and this has been my Home, since Nineteen-Twenty."

He paused for effect, anting her to know he had a time-honoured claim on this place.

“As to what do I want…….peace would be good! As well as no women from your family line living here. The last one was the death of me!”

He looked at her with sad eyes, realising she was likely an innocent in all this. Noah had wanted to teach her a lesson, to visit such cruelty upon her that she would have to leave, but it was not who or what, he was.

“My only crime was that the woman I loved betrayed me, and wanted my money, and I seem to have paid the price with my life.”

He regarded her again and decided on a different tactic:
“Legally this may be your home, but I can make it uninhabitable for you. Why should I let you live in MY home?”

Her answer would show him if she was as hard-hearted as her bitch of a Great-Grandmother had been.
 
“I, am Noah Parkington, and this has been my Home, since Nineteen-Twenty."

Beth’s eyes widened at his words. She had asked who he was and he had told her. 1920 … that must have been when the house was newly built? The name Noah Parkington did not have any significance for her, however.

“As to what do I want…….peace would be good!”

She flinched visibly at his anger. It became instantly clear to her that it was he who had left that message for her on the mirror.

”As well as no women from your family line living here.
The last one was the death of me!”


She seemed to feel as well as saw his sorrow. His words could only mean that he believed a woman was responsible for his death. Beth could only hope that the circumstances were accidental. Would she want to live in a house where a murder had actually taken place!?

“My only crime was that the woman I loved betrayed me, and wanted my money, and I seem to have paid the price with my life.”

He was bitter; understandably so, but she was still none-the-wiser as to the manner of his death and it was then that she realised that she entirely believed the ‘story’ of the ‘apparition’ who stood before her.


“Legally this may be your home, but I can make it uninhabitable for you.
Why should I let you live in MY home?”


He was possessive and, although understandably, a woman hater. Why would she want to live there, with him as a sitting tenant was the question uppermost in her mind? If she rented out the house as had been the original plan, but ensured that it was to male tenants, then she would not have to deal with this complication and could return to London, or settle wherever she pleased with the benefit of the income the house rental would bring.

”Someone has to live in this house, Noah.”

She found herself replying reasonably.

”Unless you want it to go to ruin, which would be such a waste.”

Despite this turn of events, she still found the idea of abandoning the property untenable.

”If not me, then someone else... If I let the property the women would not be of the family bloodline … But if it upsets you so much and you don’t want any women here, well … I’ll see what I can do …

She knew better than to make promises she couldn’t keep.

”But … why wouldn’t you want me here?”

She asked him.

”I know I’m female and you hate women now, but … “

The anger and grief hung like a cloud around him.

”… what have I done? … You could at least get to know me before deciding whether to run me off or not?”

She smiled then, perhaps unwise in the circumstances, but unavoidable.

” … besides … why would I want to live with a gloomy ghost … who is a peeping Tom!?”

She accused as she realised that he must have been watching her both in the bathroom and in her bedroom. Fleetingly she wondered if ghosts had a sex drive even and blushed at the train of her thoughts as she realised that in life Noah Parkington must have been quite a handsome catch…
 
Noah noticed her reaction – here eyes widening in shock, and her flinching in the wake of his anger at his peace being invaded.
He hated women for what Elizabeth had done to him, but he thought he sensed a flicker of pity, and it momentarily disarmed him. He had assumed that as she was a descendent of Elizabeth’s she would be of the same mould.

He then realised he didn’t even know her name.
It was pretty hard to hate someone when you don’t know who they are!

She also put up a compelling argument. He loved this house and unless it was lived in, and cared for, it would fall into wrack and ruin.
He realised that he had not been around a woman for a long, long time, and he wasn’t so sure he wanted to spend eternity hating anyone – it wasn’t really him.
Could he stay bitter & twisted for all time?

After all, as she herself stated, she wasn’t Elizabeth, for starters, and she was quite attractive.
She had pointed out that it didn’t have to be her that lived there, but at least she was a known quantity.

She asked him what she had done – and that threw him too. She was defiant and logical with it. Her mind was obviously quick - how he would have loved to have written with her years ago!

He smiled at her comment about running her off, and when she called him a gloomy ghost, and a Peeping Tom, he knew she had accepted what was going on, and wasn’t as afraid as he had hoped. He felt the cloud of anger dissipate slightly, which weakened his resolve still further.

“Peeping Tom? You were the one walking around naked!I am a red-blooded man, I can’t ignore a naked woman in my prescence!”

He decided that as she’d also caught him out, maybe she deserved a chance, just one.
Perhaps she wouldn’t be as big a pain in the backside as she first seemed?

He then wondered, deliberately not looking down, if his erection was as obvious to her as it was to him, surprised at his bodily betrayal & reaction to her.
 
“Peeping Tom? You were the one walking around naked!"

Though unjustified, his words brought a hot blush to Beth's face.

"I am a red-blooded man, I can’t ignore a naked woman in my prescence!”

Her first reaction was to point out that he was actually 'deceased' so as far as 'red blood' went ... but instead her eyes were drawn reluctantly downwards to the bulge which had become all too evident in his pants. A gasp escaped her.
It DID seem that ghosts had a sex drive, at least this one did!
And he had told her that he could not 'ignore' a naked woman, so ... what did that mean??

"You followed me into the bathroom!"

She accused somewhat foolishly.

" ... and in here ... "

Her hands attempted to gather the slipping towel closer around her.

"If you were any kind of gentleman ... "

Her nerve failed her, brought to silence by the way he was looking at her.
Her brain was racing to keep up; the place was haunted and ghost was not only a voyeur, but ... horny if appearances were to be believed. Not that he could act upon it ... or could he? Bethany had no idea ...
He was right. He could make her time there 'uninhabitable', but she was only just beginning to worry about what 'form' his haunting might take.
 
“Of course I followed you into the Bathroom, and in here – if you had an intruder in your house, wouldn’t you want to see what they were doing?”Noah retorted, stunned that she could be accusing him of lechery, even if it was true!

He followed her hands, and the small movement as she struggled to secure the towel wasn’t lost on him. She had a slim body, but one with curves where a woman should have curves, he thought to himself, feeling himself harden a little more.

That feeling was unfamiliar, well, for the last eighty-odd years anyway.

“When I was alive, I tried to conduct myself as a gentleman. Now I am no longer constrained by the rules of this world, I do as I please!”

He paused, and pointedly looked her up and down, then reached down to adjust himself, so he felt more comfortable. His clothes were uncomfortable – that meant he was becoming more corporeal. He was wondering whether the strength of emotions he felt had anything to do with how ‘solid’ he became?

(And right now, he felt more 'solid' than he had in years...)

He had also noticed the world around him had taken on a new clarity. It didn’t seem quite so ‘blurry around the edges’ as before.

“I don’t even know your name, young lady, and to call you ‘Bitches Granddaughter’ seems awfully rude!” Noah said, before adding:
“And why should I keep you around? I’ll admit I don’t want to see the place fall apart, but what’s in it for me, hmmm? I don't want parties of screaming, giggling girls rampaging through my house in the small hours!”

He was finding it hard to hate her. The towel barely covering her charms was enticing. He wondered if she stayed, if he could watch her and take his pleasure from that, as compensation for her intrusion.
He felt his penis throb, and then unconsciously reached down to settle it into a more comfortable position again.

'Hang on!' He thought. 'If I can feel this, could she?'

He felt the heat rise in his cheeks then, as new possibilities came to mind, which did nothing to help his current predicament.
 
“Of course I followed you into the Bathroom, and in here – if you had an intruder in your house, wouldn’t you want to see what they were doing?”

Her eyes widened at his reference to her as an 'intruder'! He had invaded her privacy, secretly been watching her ... and now, his eyes seemed to be latched onto her body that she was struggling to keep covered with the towelling she held against her.

“When I was alive, I tried to conduct myself as a gentleman.
Now I am no longer constrained by the rules of this world, I do as I please!”


She tried not to show how fearful his words made her feel. If he felt he could do as he pleased, then just WHAT would he do!? She bit backa gasp as he reached down, his hand moving to his crotch towards his ever increasing hardon. She had never believed or disbelieved in ghosts before, but experience told her that when you were gone, you were gone. Now ... it seemed that was not always the case.

“I don’t even know your name, young lady, and to call you ‘Bitches Granddaughter’ seems awfully rude!”

She flinched at the harshness of his words. His hatred was coming to the surface once more, which combined with his arousal was a dangerous combination.

“And why should I keep you around? I’ll admit I don’t want to see the place fall apart, but what’s in it for me, hmmm? I don't want parties of screaming, giggling girls rampaging through my house in the small hours!”

She shook her head mutely. She had no idea what his experience had been in his past, but a giggling girl she was not, far from it!

"I'm Bethany ... Beth ..."

She told him almost reluctantly.

"I know nothing of the grandmother you refer to. My mom never knew her natural mother, seems she didn't want her so you can call her a bitch all you want. But mom was nothing like her and neither am I."

She told him, the familiar prick of tears threatening when she talked of her mother. Now more than ever she wished she could call her, ask her to come and help her, wished she was still around for her. Yet even as those thoughts ran through her head, she saw him touch himself again, the act somehow so lewd.

"I need to get dressed. Can you take yourself and .. that ... "

She nodded towards his crotch.

" ... out of my bedroom...?"

Her revulsion at his obscene behaviour made her less than careful in the way she spoke to him. She just wanted to get him away from her so that she could get dressed and consider just how she was going to deal with her unwelcome 'resident'.
 
Noah could see his words and actions had had an effect on ‘Bethany’, or ‘Beth’, as she called herself.
He felt a pang of pity for this girl, who had been brought up not knowing her maternal Grandmother – but then, he reflected, was that any loss? Not really.

So, she had nothing to do with her treacherous Grandmother, and her Mom wasn’t around either. No mention of ‘Daddy’ either. This girl was all alone!

He sensed there may have been a tragedy. She just seemed to be giving off vibes that weren’t good, as she thought of her family. He realised they were more alike than he could have imagined, him lost in time, between here and the other place, deserted by love; and she, seemingly torn from her parents too soon.
And here they were, grudgingly sharing the same house.

When she indicated she wanted to dress, and not with him looking on, particularly in his current state, he decided to grant her the privacy she craved. He was momentarily struck by the lack of respect and grace in her tone, but then, he mused, if their roles had been reversed, he wouldn’t have been overjoyed either!

Yes, he would give her a chance, and see what came of it.

“I’ll go now.” He said simply. Adding “I’ll see you soon, Bethany.”

He turned to go, remembering this time, to actually open the door and walk through it, rather than try and fade through the wall, which would no doubt hurt.

He went to the other bedroom, ‘his room’, and laid on the bed.
Suddenly he was hit with a revelation – she hadn’t screamed when he inadvertently manifested, and even seemed to appraise him, and judging by her slightly elevated heart rate and breathing which he picked up on, she might even have liked what she saw!

He could hear her moving around, and he tried to concentrate on something else, but after so long with no women around, she was very distracting!
She would reappear soon enough, he guessed.
 
Her words hung between them even as his eyes took in her barely covered body..

“I’ll go now.”

She hadn't expected him to agree to giving her the privacy she had demanded.

“I’ll see you soon, Bethany.”

She flushed at the sound of her name on his lips, but merely nodded. She made no comment as he turned and opened the door leaving it ajar as he went into the other bedroom. Beth let only seconds pass before she advanced and shut her bedroom door securely. He could easily change his mind, she considered and so she quickly slipped into the light cotton nightshirt and pulled on a soft pink robe the belt of which she fastened securely at her waist.

She had no idea what it was that she was supposed to do about Noah Parkington!
Much as she was tempted to pull on her day clothes and barricade her door so that he was unable to get through at least that way part of her refused to be forced to make such adjustments because of him.
He had left her alone now and perhaps that was the first of many concessions?
Perhaps in time he could be persuaded to absent himself from the building more and more, perhaps even eventually to 'move on' ...?

She sat at the dressing table with a sigh and pulled a brush through her damp tresses. She was all too aware of him in the bedroom in the opposite tower.
She flushed as she recalled his physical assets and the erection that had pressed all too obviously against his clothing. He had told her that he was no longer constrained to being a 'gentleman' and yet he had finally given her privacy to dress.
He hated women, or at least women who descended from the woman who had harmed him.
He was a contradiction of anger, lust and sadness.
Inexplicably she felt sorry for him.
But his hostility towards her was irrational and unjustified...

She knew she should let him calm down, keep to his own space.
Despite the relaxing bath she now felt on edge. She told herself it was due to the presence of a strange man in the house, the presence of a ghost more specifically, for after all that would unnerve anyone, especially a lone female; yet it was more her awareness of the overt virility of the 'man'. For some inexplicable reason she felt drawn to him despite that ... or perhaps because of it?

With a sigh of exasperation at her own contradictory thoughts, Beth opened her bedroom door and set off down the landing intending to go and fix a hot drink in an attempt to relax and shed her restlessness. Yet somehow she found herself at the door of 'his' bedroom, giving herself no time to pause as she pushed it open and entered...
 
After his statement, about not being constrained to having to act as a gentleman, he felt slightly embarrassed at Bethany’s state of undress, and her feeling of unease, he felt a little ashamed.
He withdrew to his room, and lay on the bed reflecting on the day's events.

It had been many years since he was in the presence of a beautiful woman, and he couldn’t hate her, not after she renounced Elizabeth, the Grandmother she never knew.
The uninvited invasion of his privacy was not all her fault, as she hadn’t known her was here, he reasoned.
Nevertheless, the feelings of hostility had not completely left him, but they had abated by quite a degree.

As he lay on the bed, he recalled her expression as he adjusted his errant erection. It seemed he liked what she had seen.
Unfortunately, there had been no way to do that discreetly and remain comfortable.
He decided she would stay in her room, and so, he ran a hand down his body, and onto his still erect cock. He hadn’t been able to touch his corporeal body for quite some time.
He was still surprised he could, in fact, and put it down to the fact the strong emotions he had experienced today had made it possible.

He was confident he wouldn’t be disturbed, so he started to unbutton his trousers and retrieved his cock from his underwear. Closing his eyes, he started to stroke himself slowly, and moaned softly.
That really did feel good! It had been far too long since he felt like this!
He relaxed further and stroked the full length of his cock, and an image of ‘Bethany’ came into his mind, clad in just a pair of black lacy knickers and matching bra.

Just then he heard a creak, and as he opened his eyes, he saw her standing in the doorway to his room.

“Ahhh…Ummm…Oh God…. Bethany….” He muttered, never feeling so embarrassed, in his life. (That is his previous one, or this one, either!)
 
Bethany stepped silently into the room. It was dark and held an energy which was altogether different from that she had experienced earlier when she had carried out her 'tour' of the house. Perhaps now she was aware of her unwelcome tenant, she was somehow more attuned to his presence, his moods? But she had no knowledge, no understanding of the 'spirit world', so what did she know?

So lost in thought was she that she did not become aware of Noah's presence until she had stepped fully into the room, the door having closed behind her. She gave a shocked gasp at the sight of him stroking the length of his generously proportioned cock. She had suspected he was 'well-endowed', but to see him laid out on the bed openly masturbating shocked her beyond speech.

And yet he wasn't aware of her presence; it seemed he was too lost in his 'activities' to realise that she had stumbled upon him. If only she could get out of there without him realising that she had seen ... Yet even as she moved to head hastily back towards the door, the movement, the floorboard creaking caught his attention and she found his eyes flying open and locking with her own.

“Ahhh…Ummm…Oh God…. Bethany….”

Unexpectedly he seemed as embarrassed as she did.

"I ... I'm sorry ... I came to .. to talk to you and ... "

Despite herself her eyes fell to his throbbing erection. God, he was so hard ... and his dimensions were truly greater than any she had seen in her rather limited experience ...

"I ... didn't know that ghosts could ... "

She started haltingly. How could ghosts become aroused?
How could they even experience sexual pleasure?
Could it be that despite his words it was the woman of his past who prompted such intense reactions or ... or was it the sight of her body which has caused such ... stimulation?

"I thought you hated women ... women in the family especially...?"

She found herself asking.
 
Noah saw Bethany’s eyes fall again to his crotch. She seemed drawn to his cock. He wished Elizabeth had been as fixated all those years ago!

She said she came to talk to him. He wanted to do more than talk!

He reminded himself, when Bethany remarked that he hated women in her family, that although she was of the same blood, she had renounced her Grandmother, the woman he really hated, so she couldn’t be all bad….
She was like Elizabeth, but different – and in a good way, it seemed.

She seemed a little shocked at Noah’s size, commenting that:
"I ... didn't know that ghosts could ... "

“Hmmmm…it seems that around you, I can re-assume corporeal form. I assumed it was due to the strong emotions you bought forth within me, when you invaded my privacy, but now it seems to be lust that you have awoken within me.”

He had made no effort to cover himself, instead enjoying the effect he was having on her.

“Come here, Bethany.” He commanded her, fixing her gaze with his own, his piercing blue eyes, boring into her very core.
“Forget talk for now - Touch it, feel how hard you have made me. I want to know what you are going to do about it!”

His mind flashed back a few minutes to when she was wrapped in her towel. The gentle mounds of her breasts beneath had sparked Noah’s desire, helped by the fact the towel came down to mid-thigh….still quite racy for his generation!

He hoped she would stroke him, and help to banish all those years of frustration.

Perhaps she would be good for him after all?
 
“Hmmmm…it seems that around you, I can re-assume corporeal form."

He told her, clearly indicating that his was a new 'development' for him.

"I assumed it was due to the strong emotions you bought forth within me, when you invaded my privacy, but now it seems to be lust that you have awoken within me.”

His words were harsh, still accusing her of being the guilty party. Beth flushed hotly at his talk of the 'lust' which he stated she was responsible for and which he was making no effort to conceal.

“Come here, Bethany.”

She flinched at the commanding tone of his voice, her eyes lifting from his cock to his piercing stare.

“Forget talk for now - Touch it, feel how hard you have made me."

Despite herself Bethany found her hand raising and moving towards the rigid member that rose angrily from his groin. Her fingers grazed the surface and she was shocked to find it warm to the touch!

"I want to know what you are going to do about it!”

His voice demanded angrily prompting her to pull her hand back and drag her gaze back to his once more.

"You are able to ... deal ... with ... it ... well enough ... "

She responded as she blushed hotly.

"I have seen you are more than able to touch yourself ... to ... pleasure yourself ... "

She told him, the intended censure of those words lost in her breathless delivery.

"How are we to live together if you are to make ... demands ... of me?"

She asked of him and prayed that he was not perceptive enough to realise that the thought of what the consequences might be of living with a sexually charged and horny ghost actually seemed to stimulate rather than repel her. She should be frightened, she told herself. She should be wary of the unpredictability of the being who spoke to her with such an authoritative tone. And more than that she should keep herself well away from any situation where the sight of his 'lust' proved in any way ... tempting ... to her ...
 
Noah found it surprising she resisted him, although the temptation in her eyes was unmissable.
“Bethany, You have already touched me.”

His voice seemed to take on another dimension, its timbre deepening as he focussed his will into the command.
“Wrap your fingers around me, and stroke my cock, Bethany. Once you have me fully hard, I want you to pleasure me. Do not try and resist.”

Then his voice seemed to return to normal.
“It would be much nicer if we looked after each other, wouldn’t it?” He said trying to sound reasonable.

Her breathless voice betrayed her. He could feel her quickened pulse and knew that although young, the heat was beginning to rise within her.

He had fantasised about this, not necessarily with her, but she was gorgeous!

He then said to her, as he felt her will weakening:
“If you keep me happy, I shall look after you, protect you while you are here, and I can promise that our co-existence will be mutually beneficial. I can share things with you in a way no-one else can.”

He waited, to see what she would do. The next few seconds would define their relationship, and how long it was likely to last…..
 
“Bethany, You have already touched me.”

It was a statement of fact. She had touched him. She had found it impossible not to.

“Wrap your fingers around me, and stroke my cock, Bethany. "

There was something in his voice, something in the way he instructed her that struck a chord in her, a reaction she had never known before.

"Once you have me fully hard, I want you to pleasure me."

Her natural shock, her reticence kicked in. Much as she was drawn to his commanding tone, she was irrationally afraid.

"Do not try and resist.”

She gasped softly. It was almost as if he could read her thoughts!

“It would be much nicer if we looked after each other, wouldn’t it?”

He asked her reasonably. She found herself nodding despite herself.

“If you keep me happy, I shall look after you, protect you while you are here, and I can promise that our co-existence will be mutually beneficial.
I can share things with you in a way no-one else can.”


Surely he could not know that he was pressing her buttons emotionally?
It was a long time since someone looked after her, protected her.
Perhaps the promise of this and a sharing beyond anything she had yet to experience were truly what she craved?
But ... how could a ghost provide her with that?

"Noah ... I ... I want us to look after each other ... "

She found herself telling him hesitantly.

"I'm sorry for what you've been through ... but ... "

Fear was giving her strength to resist his demands, much as she craved the physical and emotional satisfaction he tempted her with ...
 
Back
Top