The Last Drop Tavern

Mac380

Naughty_Scribe
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Posts
3,568
tumblr_of3atafVEj1vix0rlo1_540.jpg


The Last Drop is a historic pub set in the heart of 17th century Edinburgh's old town.
Many have entered and most have left, but not always vertically, some have supped their last drops of nectar at its bar, before 'dropping' off this mortal coil on the gallows outside.
A place of folklore, legends, illicit dealings, deep tunnels, restless spirits and private rooms all served up with lashings of local ale, whisky and Haggis occasionally in separate glasses.
So come on in and join the staff, patrons and not so substantial residents of this hallowed establishment. Whether you be a 17th Century Highlander just down from the Glens, or a 21st Century student taking time off from their books and looking for some excitement, all are welcome to join in and contribute their "ha'pennys" worth.
 
Meet the staff:

Dave (cos every barman should be called Dave.... or Steve....... or James or....):

tumblr_ojrooqai3O1vix0rlo1_1280.jpg


Elise (every bar needs a Fiery Redhead):

tumblr_omjvmgrZeN1vix0rlo1_1280.jpg


Heather (the one you would take home to meet your mother [or would you?]):

tumblr_omjvawa1v41vix0rlo1_540.jpg
 
Looks like a nice place to stop by and grab a mug of ale...I'll find a table off to the side where I can observe the comings and goings.

"Oi Missy...I'd like a nice tall mug o' your favorite ale and keep 'em comin'. Thank ye"
 
Dave pulls a foaming mug of Deuchars IPA and places on Heathers tray, adding a bowl of salted peanuts for the new arrival
 
Elise Background

tumblr_on2dgwRhgB1vix0rlo2_250.jpg


Name: Elise McCormack
Age: 27
Home: Newtonmore
Era: 17th Century


Elsie used to live in Newtonmore at the geographical centre of Scotland, she had been the trainee village healer running the local pharmacy with her mentor, selling herbs and remedies.
All was fine until a clansman from an outlying village claimed they had sold his wife a potion that had turned her away from him and into the arms of another man from a different clan.
Accused of witchcraft, her mentor was arrested and underwent the torments of inquisition by the church.
Elise managed to escape into the hills, abandoning her home town and heading to Edinburgh to disappear into the narrow streets and closes of Auld Reekie.
Using her knowledge of herbs and mixes she was soon employed in the kitchens of the castle preparing meals for the troops and officers under the watchful eye of Mistress McPhail the head chef.
6 months after her arrival in Edinburgh, in the middle of the night Elise was awoken by Mistress McPhail banging on her chamber door.
A troop of soldiers had returned from their deployment to the highlands and one had recognised her as "The Witch of Newtonmore" who had escaped their clutches.
Mistress McPhail who had been overseeing the officers table, overheard the troops making arrangements to pay Elise a 'visit' that night.
She led Elise out through the kitchens cellars and into the Grassmarket, all was quiet in the market, the windows of the houses dark and shuttered while the gallows rope hung still in the lamp light waiting for its next victim.
"We must send you somewhere the troops will never find you" said McPhail, "take this, it will lead you to safety, trust that it will keep you right no matter what strange sights you might see."
With that the Mistress handed Elise an amulet and retraced her steps back to the castle without another word.
Elise watched her disappear into the gloom wondering what would happen next.
As she turned a torch flared into life illuminating a doorway that had been hidden in darkness, in her hand the amulet felt warm, almost comforting.
Hearing a shout of angry voices from the castle battlements she dashed to the doorway and stepped into The Last Drop Tavern.
 
Heather Background

tumblr_on2dgwRhgB1vix0rlo3_250.jpg



Name: Heather Chisholm
Age: 23
Home: Inverness
Era: 20th Century


The University of Edinburgh had been established in 1582 expanding over the centuries to encompass different buildings across Edinburgh and beyond. It also expanded its repertoire of courses and in 1998 opened the doors to its new School of Informatics building.
The building it was housed in was, 80 South Bridge, a tall tenement building that extended between Cowgate in the streets below to the light and vitality of South Bridge above. The building itself was a warren of corridors and rooms that had been created over time as the gaps between the surrounding buildings were joined and the closes incorporated into the building itself.
Heather Chisholm had excelled in Mathematics at Culloden Academy in Inverness and had been 'over the moon' to be offered a place in the University's Artificial Intelligence Institute.
In August 2002 she took the train from Inverness to Edinburgh bags bulging with books, stationary and clothes, well she was a student and was going to make the most of the Edinburgh night life with her new friends at the University.
Being an attractive Freshman she soon caught the eye of a few of the students around town and it was not long until she had a list of invites as long as her arm.
Her professors were happy with her work but would tell her that she needed to concentrate more on her study to 'stay ahead of the game' and not slip behind.
Heather tried to do as her instructors suggested, but like many in their first year in the city was distracted by the bright lights and party atmosphere.
August quickly became September and the months up to December passed in a blur, along with them the time to study for the first set of exams.
"Monday 9th December we shall start reviewing your Final Work Papers" declared one of Heather's professors "you will be expected to give a 30 minute presentation with supporting paperwork to a panel of 5 members."
There had been a mixture of responses through the class, those that had spent time preparing, sat back knowing that they had done the groundwork, while some had looks of panic on their faces.
Heather could see the professor looking at her as if to say "are you sure your ready young lady?"
She wasn't sure, not as sure as some in the class and she knew she should have been, if only she had listened.
She took to her rooms and the university library in an attempt to complete her paper in time, turning down many offers of meals and parties.
Her friends would check in on her, telling her the latest gossip and how she 'should have been there'.
"Look Heather it's Friday night! Your paper is due on Monday, if your not prepared by now then…." Margaret left the sentence open they both knew that Heather had to go with what she had. "It's the Christmas party tomorrow night in Belle's and we are all going as Buxom Barmaids, even the boys" she chuckled "you need to get out and switch off, finish the paper off tomorrow and join us for the party."
Heather had agreed letting Margaret arrange her outfit and ticket while she got on with finalising her work.
Heather spent the Saturday putting her presentation in order and practicing the key points, taking a quick break to try on the outfit that Margaret delivered.
Margaret had got her size perfect and it certainly lived up to it's name of the "Busty Barmaid" outfit. How much easier would life be pulling pints and serving food she wondered.
The short winters day grew darker outside her halls of residence, and she could hear other students making their way out into the night.
The Final Work Paper sat on her desk, bound and ready to be handed in.
"Oh Crap!" she thought.
She had forgotten to add the criteria page at the front. Every paper had to have the criteria page at the front declaring what key points had to be covered in the presentation.
She knew where it was, she could see it in her minds eye, sat on her desk in the AI lab.
Looking at her watch she could see she only had an hour before she was due at the party in Belle's.
An idea came to her, Belle's was in lower part of the building next to 80 South Bridge, she could get dressed for the party, nip into the AI lab and complete the Final Work Paper, leaving it on the professors desk ready for Monday, then join her friends at the party downstairs.
Heather had drawn a few admiring glances as she had made her way to the university, even the bus driver had shown some festive spirit by wishing her a fun evening.
The bus had deposited her outside of the institute building, its grey stone facade looming over South Bridge, dark windows like eyes glaring at the passers by.
The main doors were firmly shut, the porters having closed up for the weekends, but Heather knew that the students entrance would be open.
She headed down the steps at the side of the building that led to the Cowgate, into the gloom under the bridges.
The steps opened straight onto the narrow alleyway between the buildings, only a faint orange glow penetrated to the bottom of the steps, so when Heather stepped into the alley she did not see the Coach and Horses bearing down on her.
She almost screamed in shock as a leather gloved hand grabbed her shoulder and pulled her out of the path of the coach, she felt the draught of the horses breath, strangely cold, as they passed mere inches away from her, a strange blue glow surrounding it all.
"You want to watch out lassie, or you'll be joining thon passengers on their journey"
Said the figure behind Heather as it removed its hand from her shoulder.
It had started to turn away as Heather looked round, a long cloak and cowl was all she could see, "Thank…… thank you" she stammered after the figure as it faded into the dark of the alley.
Heather thought of following the figure to thank him properly, but the gloom of the alley was not welcoming and she didn't know just what lay down there.
Turning the opposite way she almost ran around the corner to the student entrance, swiping her ID card against the card lock she pushed the door open and headed up the stairs to the lab.
Heather reached her desk and started frantically searching for the criteria page, 'where was it?' she was sure it had been there, on top of her research stack.
"Bugger", she was going to have to print out a fresh page!
It took time for the computer to boot up and the printer to run its warm up cycle, eventually her desktop appeared on the screen just as her phone started to vibrate.
"Where are you?" was the message on the screen from Margaret.
"5 minutes I'm in the lab" she sent back.
The printer whirred into life as Heather clicked on the print button, then gave a long beep. "What now?"
'Paper Jam' declared the indicators.
"Oh for….." fumed Heather pulling open the paper drawer and dragging out the crinkled mass of paper that was blocking the printer.
She slammed the lid shut and the rooms lights went out, plunging the lab into darkness.
"Crap!" she turned to the doorway to try and find some light.
Under the door, shafts of flickering orange light could be seen and wisps of smoke starting to creep into the room.
Shafts of blue light now swept through the window, her phone vibrated again "GET OUT" screamed the message "THE BUILDING'S ON FIRE".
On the street far below the lab window Heather could see a crowd of revelers being held back by police as firemen worked around their appliances.
At the back of the crowd she could see Margaret frantically trying to type something on her phone.
Everything slowed.
The smoke hung still where it had squeezed its way around the door, the orange light had stopped flickering and a beam of blue light now shone straight through the window from the beacon on top of the fire engine to the wall at the back of the lab.
"Time for that journey now lass" said the cloaked figure, silhouetted in the middle of the blue light that now seemed to shine straight through the wall and into a passage that had not been there before.
A leather gloved hand was proffered for Heather to take.
She did not seem to have much choice, if she stayed the smoke would soon suffocate her and the lab was too high up for her to jump out the window.
Outside the scene was frozen Margaret, was just looking up from her phone as if she had just sent a message.
Turning to the figure Heather took the proffered hand, putting her phone down on top of her work paper.
The door blew inwards as the pressure wave from the gas main exploding sent the hot gasses into the room, the blue light moved on its path no longer highlighting the two figures.
On the desk the edges of Heathers 'Final' Work Paper started to char and the phone vibrated "PLEASE DON'T BE DEAD" flashed up on the screen.
 
Last edited:
EMF1.png

EMF_EventLogos_Web_half.jpg

27th & 28th May 2017
Fast & flat, the Edinburgh Half Marathon follows the marathon course which was voted the fastest marathon in the UK by Runners World, ideal if it’s your first half marathon or you are looking for a PB. The Edinburgh Half Marathon has sold out every year since 2012 and is one of the largest half marathons in the UK.
 
Fit Together

Couple-working-out-300x257.jpg


Gordon had, had enough!
It was just all too much!
Just how depressing could it get?
He looked down at the treadmill display, drops of sweat splashing onto the red LED numbers.

7.5Kph.

How could he have let himself slip so much?

The distance reading slowly clocked up, 4.51……4.52….
Gordon willed the numbers to move faster but they continued at their steady pace towards 5km.
'Come On' he thought to himself 'Head up, breathe, fill those lungs. Don't look at the meters they only make it harder.'

He looked around the gym looking for inspiration, it was still early so most of the machines were still empty, a couple of the bikes were in use, someone on a rowing machine and 2 others on the treadmills.
The TVs flickered with images of well toned bodies working out, wearing next to nothing, hardly breaking a sweat. "If only!" he thought.
Out of the gym windows he could see the panoramic view of Arthurs Seat, it's peak just touching the low cloud that hung over Edinburgh depositing it's quota of rain on the city. Even on a day like today he could see the bright orange and yellow jackets of runners as they navigated their way around the peaks paths.
Gordon pulled his t-shirt away from his sweaty chest where it had stuck to his skin. Along with his baggy shorts and old trainers, he was probably not the image the gym owners had in mind when they selected models for their promotional posters.

4.89…….4.90….

Gordons head had dropped to the display again, 'Last 100 meters to go, COME ON!' he shouted to himself in his mind.
He upped the pace to 8.0kph pushing out the last few meters.

4.99……5.00..

He stabbed his finger at the 5.0kph button, slowing the belt down to a walking pace.
Lifting his towel from the handrail he wiped his face down catching his breath and taking a drink from his water bottle.
He took a couple of minutes, to cool down by walking and stretching off the run before giving the machine a wipe down.
Taking his water bottle he headed for the changing rooms passing a couple of fresh arrivals just getting ready to start their days workout.

If only he could find some inspiration to keep him going.
 
Fiona was running late, but managed to get to the gym in time for her weight training. Passing shoulders in the hallway, she caught his eye as he headed for the shower. "Handsome - and looks as if he's worked up quite a lather", she thought, and her quirky, dimple-kissed smile conveyed her admiration. She trotted on, pulling off her sweatshirt as she entered the weight room.

"Okay, now...upper body first, then a core workout before hitting the elliptical." With fierce concentration on her efforts, Fiona completed a thorough workout of shoulders, arms, and then abs, chest and back muscles. Satisfied with her efforts, she moved to the elliptical. Setting the resistance high, and the timer for 45 minutes, she pushed herself into a rapid, fluid motion. Her ponytail bouncing, and her face reddening and glistening with perspiration, she gave of all her energy, not realizing that Gordon had reappeared in the exercise room, and was giving her his keenest attention.
 
Dave Background

tumblr_on2dgwRhgB1vix0rlo1_250.jpg



Name: Dave
Age: 32
Home: Dundee
Era: 19th Century

Dave stood at the back of the bar in The Last Drop Tavern, watching as Heather and Elise went between the tables serving and chatting to the customers who were in sheltering from the snow and wind outside.
It was quiet in the Tavern, Christmas had just passed and New Year was only a couple of days away, most of the regulars were at home with their families eating the last of the Christmas bird and 'girding their loins' ready for the New Year parties.
As Dave gazed out of the window at the snow flurries, a smut of smoke drifted down from the ceiling, his eyes followed its drifting fall until it landed on the bar.

"Och Will You Look At The Pressure" shouted John from his side of the footplate.
Dave looked up, another smut of soot flying past his cheek as the wind carried it over the top of the boiler and into the coal truck behind the engine.
Snow flashed past either side of the train as they sped their way towards Leuchars station on their way North to Dundee.
"We'll be at Leuchars soon" Dave shouted back "We'll pick up a bit of water to see us home."
Engine No.224 had been on standby in Dundee when the Burntisland train (Ladybank) had failed so they had been called out to take the mail train down to the ferry to Edinburgh and bring the passengers back up.
The journey down had been uneventful only the wind increasing in strength throughout the afternoon, now they could feel the occasional shudder as the wind and engine collided head on, but No.224 powered on her light cutting through the streaming snow and rain. Dave and John kept close to the wind break where the heat from the boiler gathered before it was whipped away into the cold night.
Dave spotted the signal for Leuchars station and started to slacken off the speed, John began his well rehearsed role as the two of them brought the train into the little station.
Just a small halt, it served the St Andrews community, but any passenger going to St Andrews would need a horse and buggy to take them the last 6 miles to the town.
Three passengers stood on the platform waiting to get on "anyone would be mad to get off here" commented John seeing that there was no transport waiting. He swung down from the footplate and went to sort out the water for the engine.
Dave looked back along the train to check that the passengers had got on and that the guard was ready, only to see him striding up the platform towards the engine.
"You'll have to hang on a minute Davey there's a doctor waiting for his carriage to arrive"
Dave nodded his understanding and went off to check the fire while John carried on with the tanking up.

John climbed back up to the plate to find Dave and the guard in discussion "if it's no here in 5 minutes we've got to leave" said the guard "the doctor will just have to find digs in Dundee for the night"
"Aye he'll be better off, it's a long walk on a night like this" agreed Dave.
The three huddled close to the boiler keeping an eye out on the road looking for the lights of the horse drawn buggy that was supposed to pick up the doctor for his journey to St Andrews.

"That’s long enough" muttered the guard looking at his watch, "lets get going I need ma tea". He jumped down and strode down the length of the train, blowing his whistle as he reached the guards van.
Dave and John turned to the controls, opening the steam valves and releasing brakes.
The shrill whistle pierced the hiss of steam.
Looking up Dave caught sight of a light appearing at the top of the road as a horse drawn carriage bounced its way down the road.
"Shut her down John" shouted Dave "The doctors ride has arrived"
Glancing back along the train he could see the carriage door opening and the guard jogging down the train to help the doctor off.
As soon as the doctor was off the guard waved to Dave to carry on.
"OK let's go!"
The train pulled away into the storm, one more station till they were over the bridge and home to Dundee.
St Fort was barely a halt, only put there to serve the country estate, and collect tickets, the train rarely picked up passengers there so it was some surprise for the train crew to see a figure stood on the platform waiting for them.
The cowled figure stood with its back to the wind facing the approaching train.
Dave and John went into their routine to stop the train.
The figure was stood right at the edge of the platform and was looking directly at Dave as the engine slowly passed it.
The train came to a halt and Dave checked back along the train to make sure the passenger was getting on.
Nothing, no figure, no door opening or signs of someone closing a door behind them.
The guard jumped down and ran to a hook on the side of the only building on the platform, hanging a bag there containing the tickets to Dundee that they had collected.
Dave turned back to John "Did ye see that passenger on the platform?"
"Aye dressed up like some specter or something" said John
Dave shook his head in confusion "aww don't be saying things like that you'll give me the shivers" he laughed.
The train now made it's way up the incline towards Wormit signal box, which controlled traffic on the Tay Bridge.
Slowing the train to a walking pace allowed John to lean out and take the baton from the signalman.
Through an intricate signaling system only one baton could be released from the storage boxes at each end of the bridge at a time. Meaning a train with a baton could cross, safe in the knowledge it was the only train on the bridge.
Dave opened the throttle again as a large gust of wind caught the train side on causing her to lurch on the rails.
"Hang on John it's going to get breezy"
The train picked up momentum as the wind blew hard, picking up spray from the sea and blowing it onto the footplate.
"Och I'm going to get soaked" complained John as he turned to do up his coat.
Another gust of blasted across the foot plate catching John square on pushing him over the edge of the plate.
The whole train lurched at the force of the blast.
"JOHN" screamed Dave, diving across the footplate trying to grab his friends hand.
Below him amongst the wave crests he thought he saw a splash as John hit the water.
Turning back he tried to make it to the throttle to stop the train, but found that the footplate was tilting, the far side of the train raising upwards.
A squeal of tortured metal reached his ears over the noise of the howling gale.
The engine started to groan in protest as the whole bridge started to sag towards the dark waters below.
Dave floundered for something to hold onto, the footplate, slick with sea spray, provided no purchase against his tackety boots as he started to slide over the edge that John had just disappeared over.

"Here"

The voice appeared directly in Dave's head.
His slide to the watery depths slowed and the engine seemed to hang in mid air.
Around him the gale still raged, but stood on the footplate was the cowled figure, holding out a hand.
"Time to change tracks Dave" said the figure as Dave took the proffered hand.

Turning around Dave took a glass from the shelf and poured himself a large dram.
Raising it in silent toast he thought "Here's to you John and everyone else on 224"
 
Last edited:
Elise's Arrival

The door swung shut behind Elise with a 'clunk', the lamps on the wall flickering slightly in the draft.
A couple of the customers looked up from their drinks to see who had arrived, but most carried on with their conversations.
Behind the bar the barman leant against the rear counter, beard neatly trimmed, shirt sleeves rolled up and arms folded looking directly at her.
Elise became self conscious, she had not had time to change out of her night clothes when the Mistress had hammered on her chamber door only an hour before.
She had only had time to throw on a cloak and a pair of boots before escaping the castle, the only other thing she had was the amulet that was still grasped in her hand where Mistress McPhail had pressed it.
She didn't have much in the way of options at that moment, to turn around and go back into the night would be to walk into the hands of the soldiers and persecution as a witch, so she headed towards the bar.
"So you'll be the one Mistress McPhail warned me about, she said you might arrive in a bit of a state." said Dave indicating her attire. "Have a look through the back you should be able to find something that fits." Dave pointed through the door at the back of the bar "Don't take too long about it, your shift started an hour ago and those tables won't clear themselves!"
Elise went through the hatch in the bar and in the door that Dave had indicated.
The first room she reached was lined with shelves supporting various bottles and bar paraphernalia, everything a good barman would need to hand to keep a bar going on a daily basis. At the rear another door opened onto a corridor that led further into the building. Straight ahead was a kitchen, Elsie could hear someone moving around rattling pots and preparing food. Turning right she followed the corridor to the first room on the left, the door was slightly ajar so she peeked through the gap to see if anyone was in.
A row of metal boxes lined one wall, they were as tall as she was but only maybe 15 inches wide, each with their own door.
Pushing open the door to the room further, she could see a large rail of clothes along the back of the room, she guessed that this was where the barman had meant she should change.
Scanning the rail she could see mixed amongst outfits that she was familiar with, a number of different articles of clothing that she did not recognise, as well as colours and patterns that belonged in the houses of the rich or the minds of the insane, .
She selected some more familiar clothes to change into, a long skirt, blouse and short waist coat. A search of a large chest uncovered a selection of trinkets and shoes to add to the outfit making her feel more as if she belonged there rather than a waif that had just blown in from the street.
Taking the amulet that Mistress McPhail had given her she slipped it over head and turning around caught her reflection in the mirror by the door.
"Well if I'm to be a barmaid at least I look the part" she mused.
Opening one of the metal boxes she found it empty apart from a hanger and hooks, "as good a place as any" she said to herself, hanging what little she had arrived with, on the hooks inside.
Taking a short leather thong from the shelf beside the mirror she tied up her red hair and headed back towards the bar.
"That’s a bit better" said Dave as she stepped back through the serving hatch in the bar, "right table 2 needs a top up, there's a jug on the tray and old Mr. McCleish will be wanting a dram."
Elise looked to the first table that Dave had indicated, a group of 4 young men in strange outfits sat talking and laughing, obviously enjoying the effects of the ale.
Dave added a glass of whisky and a small clay jug of water to the tray, nodding towards the opposite corner where an old Highlander shrouded in a cloud of tobacco smoke worked on keeping his pipe alight.
Picking up the tray Elise headed off to serve the customers and start collecting empties.

The lamps flickered again as another draught from the door disturbed them.
 
Last edited:
Auld Maggie

The heartbeat of the city swept over the iron fencing that surrounded "The Meadows", penetrating across the playing fields and into the dark of the of the bushes surrounding the burn that cut its way through the park.
The chime of church bells tolling the 'wee hours', the squeal of taxi brakes stopping to collect a fare, the wail of sirens on their way to another call and the laughter of revelers on their way home after a night in the club drifted through the park before fading away to become the rumble that was the beat of the city.
Streetlights cast pools of light along the paths of the park, safe havens between the dark shadows of the trees and bushes that to the active imagination hid body snatchers, highway men, murderers or ghouls as was befitting a city with so much history like Edinburgh.
But tonight only foxes and hedgehogs were 'abroad' scavenging the debris that had been left behind by the daytime users of the park, the warmth of the day had drawn many out from behind their office facades and college classrooms making the 'pickings' good for the night time scavengers.
One bold Fox trotted between the pools of light pausing to sniff the bins, checking for any tasty morsel that it might purloin. Finding a piece of discarded kebab it wolfed the greasy meat down licking its lips at the taste of cooked meat. It sat down to give itself a clean scanning the hedgerows for any fresh meat that might be moving about.
A flicker caught its attention and it froze, halfway through licking its paw, the fox sat motionless, only its eyes tracking the movement.
In a flash it turned and disappeared into the cover of the hedge as two humans appeared from behind a tree.
"I'm telling you that Irn Bru turns your piss orange, it just too dark to see" slurred Malcolm struggling with his fly "fucking thing won't go back up."
Laura giggled at Malcolm's efforts to close his trousers, tottering in her high heels as the alcohol worked its way through her system.
"It's ok for you, you just pull your knickers down and squat" he complained
"That's if you've got them to pull down" she laughed, flicking up her skit to reveal a pair of naked round buttocks. She staggered as she did so trying to regain her balance.
"Do you need a hand with that?" she chided, her heels clicking on the pavement as she went up to him and grabbed his crotch "is there anything worth keeping in there?"
"Cheeky cow" Malcolm grabbed her arse cheeks under her short skirt and pulled her into him, squashing her breasts against his chest as he lent in to snog her.
"Yeuch, you taste of Irn Bru and vodka" Laura complained playfully trying to pull away from him, her hand still resting on his crotch, she could feel him getting hard. "Your not going to suffer from 'brewers droop' are you?"
"When have I ever let you down?" one of his hands had come round to her front and was starting to rub her nipple through the material of her top.
It reacted quickly to his touch creating a large bump that he circled with his thumb, Malcolm moved his head down to take a playful nibble at it through the cloth.
"Oy oy.. What have we got here then?"
The shout came out of the darkness, as three figures emerged onto the path.
"Ladies looking for a bit of a good time is she? Maybe we can help you out there mate."
Malcolm and Laura turned towards the group, they could see bottles hanging from the hands of the two on either side of the speaker who swaggered up hands in his jeans pockets.
"Having a bit of trouble with your John Thomas?" the three laughed as they saw Malcolm's fly was still down.
"No we're quite alright" piped up Laura "let's get out of here" she whispered to Malcolm.
"Oh it's no trouble lassie, we don't want you missing out on a good night, do we lads" he nodded towards the couple and his compatriots started to move round each side of Laura and Malcolm.
"Hey, just piss off will you" stated Malcom trying to move himself between Laura and the three who had started to close in.
"Yeah like we're going to do that!" sneered the talkative one "we fancy a bit of fresh meat, what are you going to do about it?"
The attacker on Malcolm's right made a grab for him, which he managed to dodge but the one on his left caught his shoulder, pulling him off balance and dragging him to the ground.
"Laura RUN!" Malcolm shouted as he fell, a boot connected with his stomach as the two silent assailants laid into him.
Laura turned to run, but her heels caused her to stagger along the path, her scream joined the beat that was the city as a hand grabbed her hair.
"Not so fast bitch, we're going to have a goodtime before your boyfriend wakes up "
The hand dragged her backwards, she had only managed to get a few meters but in that time Malcolm's assailants had made short work of him and he now lay unconscious on the path blood seeping from a head wound and his arm at an unnatural angle.
"Down by the river lads we should find a quiet spot there."
The other two sneered at her, their intentions clear in their eyes, Laura began to sob as she realised the futility of her situation.
They dragged her through a break in the bushes to an opening by the burn, a large slab like stone lay just next to the water course, worn smooth with use through the centuries it was to be where they would rape Laura.
"Hold her arms I'm having first go with this little slut", the leader forced her legs apart and ran a callused hand up her thighs.
She tried to squirm but his thick fingers dug into the soft flesh of her thighs. "Don't fucking struggle or you'll end up like your boyfriend, you don't have to be conscious for us to have our fun."
His hand pawed at her naked pussy, a finger forcing its way inside her.
"Ah nice and tight, we'll soon slacken you off bitch"
His other hand unbuckled his belt and undid the buttons of his jeans, pushing the jeans down he pulled out his cock which had started to swell.
Laura tried to look away, her head hung on the edge of the stone, her hair just reaching the slow moving water below.
The smell of stale beer on the breath of her captors engulfed her as they leaned closed to get a better view, one had reached into her top and was pulling her tits out, mauling them with his hand obviously getting excited.
Tears ran down Laura's face as she tried to detach herself from what was happening, she tilted her head backwards seeing an upside down word of night sky below and water only a few inches above.
With her head backwards her tears ran back over her ears and dripped into the burn, which shimmered quietly in the city light.
A ripple disturbed the flow of the stream, causing the water to lap against the bank.
It was followed by another, creating a faint luminescence as the water seemed to change direction towards the stone.
The three assailants continued their attack, engrossed in their carnal lust, no longer bothered about Laura's reactions.
Laura watched the water as two columns began to form and rise like two arms reaching towards the stone where she lay. They began to reach behind the necks of the two who were holding Laura's arms down. Then in a flash they wrapped around the attackers necks like tentacles grabbing their prey.
The pressure on Laura's arms released as the two were dragged away from her, the look of shocked surprise quickly turning to fear as they saw the third column that now rose from the burn.
Laura didn't waste time looking at the water forming behind her, using her now free arms she swung her fist forward straight into the face of the 'gobby' one who was still between her legs, but trying to roll away as he saw his friends being attacked.
The third column had coalesced into the figure of a redheaded woman in a black dress, a belt hanging loosely on her hips, a plethora of rings and bangles decorating her hands.
The loud mouthed assailant had fallen backwards from the force of Laura's punch and now tried to scramble backwards his jeans and pants still around his ankles.
Stepping forward onto the stone beside Laura, the redhead raised her hand and gestured at the exposed attacker.
He was still trying to escape but now he no longer made any progress, as if he was trying to crawl on ice.
Turning towards Laura the woman offered her hand to help her up "Here child, stand up now."
Laura got up, straightening her clothes as her legs began to tremble the shock starting to get ahold of her body.
In the burn the first two columns of water had turned into what Laura guessed to be Kelpies, now holding the struggling assailants in a watery grip, their cries muffled by thin strands of watery gags.
"Lets get this sorted out" said the woman, again gesturing at the crawling assailant, she lifted him into the air and levitated him towards the burn.
"Come child there are things to do" she turned on the stone stepping towards the group in the burn.
"Wh… what about Malcolm?" stuttered Laura.
"Malcolm?"
"They left him on the path where he tried to protect me."
The woman paused, looking at the Kelpies who stood waiting for her instructions, closing her eyes for a moment she muttered something under her breath.
"Take those three back to the village, I'll see to the other."
A tendril snaked out from one of the Kelpies to wrap itself around the crawling attacker, then the five of them sank into he water.
The redheaded woman reached down into the burn and plucked a pebble from the stream bed, she turned to Laura and offered it to her "Take this and keep it with you."
Laura took the damp pebble from the woman grasping its smooth shape in her hand.
"Let's go and find…Malcolm then"
Laura stepped off the stone, feeling the damp grass below her feet she realised that her shoes must have come off when she had been dragged from the path to the bank.
The woman tentatively stepped off the stone, leaving damp foot prints on it's surface where her bare feet had rested. She seemed to breath a slight sigh of relief before following Laura through the bushes.
They reached the path where Malcolm still lay, the pool of blood by his head had grown and the wound showed no signs of slowing.
Laura rushed forward, kneeling beside him and grasping his good arm "Malcolm….MALCOLM! She almost shouted his name trying to revive him.
Malcolm groaned slightly at her touch but showed no signs of regaining consciousness.
The redhead knelt on the other side of Malcolm and examined his head, lifting his hair away from the gash "it's a deep one, he'll take a while to heal if the damage is only on the surface."
Laura began to sob, the combination of the attack, the shock and the thought that Malcolm might not survive overwhelming her.
"RIGHT" the redhead realised that Laura was loosing it, "where's the stone?"
Laura proffered the stone
"Put it on his chest and hold onto his hand, don't let go till I tell you"
The redhead gripped Malcolm's shoulder, above the break and placed her other hand over Laura's which held the stone on his chest.

Creeping out from the cover of the hedge the fox blinked, not sure what it had seen.
Moving forward onto the path it sniffed at the patch of blood that was being washed into the nearby drain by the remnants of the water.
 
The Edinburgh love train

Gordon smiled at the attendant dressed in her red and grey uniform, standing at the doorway to Coach H of the Virgin train to Edinburgh. The deep rumble of diesel engines echoed around the platforms of Euston station competing with the drone of the traffic filling the streets of London outside. The bright sunlight outside tried in vain to penetrate through the smoke stained glass of the platforms roof, while the sunlight was filtered the heat still reached its sweaty fingers onto the platforms, raising a patina of sweat on travelers as they rushed to get on board their trains.
The attendant smiled her welcome and checked his ticket, "Thank you sir, your seat is just inside on the right after the luggage rack."
After hoisting his large bag onto the rack Gordon made his way to his seat, the sign above the seats showed that only two of the seats at his table had been reserved, chances were that the train would be a quiet so he would have room to spread out on the 6 hour journey.
He unpacked his laptop, book and headphones from his bag, checking his phone for any messages from Martin who was due to meet him that night for a pre stag night drink.
Not finding any messages, Gordon decided to stretch his legs on the platform before the train departed, it would be a long journey up the East coast of England and across the border at Berwick into Scotland before another hour up to Edinburgh.
The heat engulfed Gordon as he stepped out of the air-conditioned coach on to the platform, the attendant looked up from her clipboard, "We will be off in a few minutes sir, please don't go too far."
"No problem just stretching my legs before we leave."
As he strolled across the platform Gordon could see the attendant counting the passengers in the coach before looking up the platform expectantly, at the top of the platform the last few passengers hurried their way towards their coaches. A blonde haired woman was the last to come down the slope from the gates, jacket over one arm, handbag swinging at her side and dragging a large suitcase she trotted along in her high heels knowing that she only had a few moments before the doors would begin closing.
At the doorway the attendant ticked the box next to the last name on the list and placed the board in its slot by the door, "this will be our last guest for this afternoon, should just make it."
The blonde had reached the halfway point of the carriage when her shoe caught in the concrete, stumbling she dropped her coat and the handle of the suitcase but managed to save herself from falling.
Gordon ran up to her to see if she needed some help, "here let me take that" he said as he picked up the suitcase and her jacket.
"Danke, oh I'm sorry" she stammered "thank you."
"Bitte Schon" replied Gordon smiling
The blonde started towards the door again, limping slightly as Gordon followed with the bag. At the door the attendant helped her up before closing the door behind them.
"This is my seat here" she said, indicating the seat on the opposite side of the table to Gordons.
"How convenient" chuckled Gordon "this is mine here" nodding towards his pile of belongings, "I'll put your bag up here" he said as he lifted it into the space next to his.
Passing her jacket back to her he introduced himself "I'm Gordon, by the way. Are you going all the way?"
The blonde blushed slightly but grinned "You never know! I'm Krystie and thank you again."
Gordon smiled when he realised what he had said, this COULD be an interesting journey.
 
With a slight jolt the train started its journey out of Euston station and into the tunnels that led it to the outskirts of London.
On board the passengers finished sorting out their luggage and collecting what they needed from their bags for the long journey ahead.
Krystie hung her jacket on the hook by the window and fished her tablet and phone out of her handbag, selecting the Wifi network for the train, she checked her emails, making sure the office did not have any last questions before she went on holiday for a long weekend.
Her calf muscle still ached from the fall getting onto the train, reaching down she tried to massage the tension out of it, she wanted to go running in Edinburgh and hoped that the muscle would let her do so.
"Still giving you a problem?" asked Gordon
"Ja it is tense, I need to stretch it out, but it is difficult at these tables."
"You need a good sauna and massage" grinned Gordon "that should ease the tension out"
"Hmm Ja I love to sauna, have you had a proper sauna?"
"If you mean one in Germany with all the scents and branches, then yes it was fantastic."
"And everyone naked?" Krystie grinned "you English do not like being naked in public."
Gordon wiggled his eyebrows, it had been a mixed naked sauna with 30 – 40 people sharing the experience. It had been 'interesting' with some stunning ladies getting hot and sweaty with the rest of them.
"Actually I am Scottish, we are the ones that wear the Kilts" he winked "I think the British are slowly getting over their phobia of being naked in front of other people. Some are quite liberal about it but maybe don't mention it in the office."
"Is there anywhere like that in Edinburgh?" asked Krystie
"Unfortunately no, some of the hotels have saunas but you must wear a costume when you are in them"
"In that case I must stretch it here" she declared slipping off her shoe and extending her leg into the seat space next to Gordon.
With a slight smile on his lips Gordon watched Krystie flex her foot back and forth the red nail polish on her toes contrasting nicely with the white of her stockings on her tanned legs.
He could see that she was trying to extend her calf muscle "can I assist?" He asked, receiving a nod he grasped her ankle and gently pushed her toes backwards, stretching the muscle at the back of her leg.
"Oh Ja that is better" she looked him straight in the eye as she lent back in the seat.
Gordon slipped his hand up her leg and massaged the tenseness out of her leg.
"Hmmmm" she murmured
Releasing the pressure on her toes he continued to massage her leg, after a few moments he noticed that she had hooked her foot around his hand and was stroking his wrist with her toes. He looked up to see her eyes were shut and a smile played on her lips.
"Tickets Please!" Came the conductors call from the end of the carriage.
 
Krystie extracted her leg from Gordons grip and rummaged through her handbag for her ticket before presenting it to the guard.
"Your first time in Scotland?" Asked Gordon after the guard had scanned his ticket.
"Yes, I am visiting a friend for the weekend, she is having a large party"
"Well she picked the right city for it, Edinburgh is a fantastic night out, you should have a great time."
"I hope so, do many men wear 'Skirts' in Scotland?"
Gordon chuckled "I'm sure you mean Kilts, though some men wear skirts in Edinburgh as well. There will be a few wearing them around town."
"You said you wear a Kilt, will you have yours on?"
"Hmm not tonight, probably tomorrow as I will meet up with my friends for a stag night."
"Maybe I will get to see you in it? I have always wanted to find out how a Scotsman wears his Kilt." Krystie blushed a little but still had a smile on her lips.
"Ah I think I know what you mean" he winked "a lot of ladies like to find out what a Scotsman keeps in his Sporran"
The door at the end of the carriage slid open and the attendant who had been on the platform appeared carrying a set of menus which she placed on the tables, "I will be round to collect drinks orders in a minute."
Krystie slipped her shoe back on stood up, "Could you order me a drink" she asked "I will be back in a minute."
"Sure, Weißwein?"
"Ja bitte"
Gordon watched as she picked up her handbag and headed towards the end of the carriage, she still had a slight limp but his eyes followed the line of her legs to where her skirt clung to the rear of her nice tight bum. His mind wandered to what it might look like without the skirt, there was no lines suggesting a suspender belt so she was either wearing 'hold-ups' or panty hose. The door slid shut behind her and Gordon could hear the attendant coming back collecting orders.
Well if they were both going North for a party they might as well get warmed up on the way there.

Krystie returned from the toilet, she found her bag on the second shelf where Gordon had placed it for her, she pulled out a folder from the front pocket of the bag and pushed a small bundle of cloth back in its place. She still had a bit of work to do before she could "switch off" for the weekend but it would not take her long to finish off, if she wasn't distracted too much.
Reaching the table she found Gordon gazing out of the window, his bearded chin held thoughtfully in one hand while in the other was his book held open at the spot where he had stopped reading. In the middle of the table sat a bottle of Prosecco and two glasses, he obviously wanted to enjoy the journey 'and why not' she thought.
 
The warmth of the sun penetrated through the glass of the coach window as the train sped its way north through the English countryside.
Gordon had poured two glasses of the Prosecco as Krystie had opened up her work folder, "If only we could sip wine at work everyday" he smiled "Prost!"
"Cheers" responded Krystie, raising her glass in salut.
The countryside slipped by in the warm afternoon sun, occasionally slowing as the train pulled into stations along its route.
Gordon let Krystie get on with her work, occasionally topping up her glass while he alternately read his book and gazed out of the window.
After several hours, he came to with a start, the warm sun and the rocking of the carriage had caused him to doze off slightly. Shaking his head and stretching his back he excused himself and slipped out of the seat so he could stretch his legs take a walk along the train.
It was Krysties turn to check out Gordon's figure, not an athlete, but fit all the same, she could see the definition of his leg leading up to a tight bum and nice broad shoulders.
The train was not particularly busy as it was mid afternoon, the seats would gradually fill up as the train got further north and closer to the end of the working day.
Stopping off in one of the toilets Gordon splashed some cold water over his face to help him freshen up, there was still a few hours to go and he suspected that he would probably doze off again at some point, all the better for staying awake that evening when he got 'out on the town' with Martin and the rest of the stag party.
When he got back to the seats he found that Krystie had packed away her work and had moved across to the seat next to the window, looking up she excused herself "I wanted to get a better view of the canal boats, they are very different to the ones on German canals."
"Ah, the Narrow Boats, yes you see a lot of them on the English canals, the Scottish canals are much wider so the boats up there will be similar to yours."
As Gordon got comfortable in his seat again, the attendant appeared "Would you care for a light lunch?" She enquired "perhaps another bottle of wine?"
"I'll get this one" offered Krystie, "do you have and Riesling?"
Over a light lunch of salad and fruit, Gordon and Krystie chatted about where they came from and what they did, idle chat while they ate and watched the countryside roll past, the wine had met with Krysties approval, it's light clean taste complimenting the food and relaxing the two of them.
"So what is the party you are going to in Edinburgh?" Asked Gordon
"My friend is getting married next month so there is a Bachelorette party over the weekend"
Gordon laughed "well I may see you out on the town as I am going to a 'Stag Night' for a friends wedding, you might see us out on the dance floors. There should be plenty opportunity for you to discover a 'true' Kilt wearing Scotsman's secrets" he winked.
Krystie blushed a little at the thought of finding out what was under a kilt.
While they chatted the attendant removed the used plates and returned with coffee for the two of them.
Krystie had kicked off her shoes and slipped down in her seat as she relaxed, letting the sun, company and wine mellow her out, she stretched her legs out so they were now between Gordons, the rocking of the train causing them to rub against his every so often.
Gordon felt Krystie's legs slide between his, he realised that she had removed her stockings and it was the smoothness of her skin that now rubbed against his trousers, slipping his legs forward he let them brush against hers.
"How is your leg feeling now? No more pain?"
"It is a little stiff, it may need some stretching out"
"Well we can carry on where we left off earlier if you like" suggested Gordon, looking her straight in the eyes.
Lifting her feet, Krystie placed them on the edge of the seat between Gordon's legs, letting him start to massage her sore calf muscle.
With her other foot she started stroke the inside of his thigh.
 
Back
Top