People of the UK... and Ireland!

Good afternoon all UKers :rose:

I didn't realise there was a new UK thread in the personals until now - i am glad Toby has made the latest attempt however as being the last person to attempt this i would say to heed Silver and GA's warnings.
Despite mine being labelled for my own benefit it was still cited as a chat thread and moved.
Basically, the same names reappear means it is chat. It needs to be more 'directory' like - purely a list of names saying 'hit me up' (classy i know) for it to remain.

As GA has so helpfully linked - we 'regulars' are hiding in the playground so please come and make one or all of these your chat home.

Great to see new names here - this is what the whole point of this thread is trying to be about - i am truly confused as to how the old one i came to settle in managed to stay in Personals when the several attempts following all crashed and burned.

Good luck Toby :kiss:

Well hello

Offshore England.
Old man.
Saying hello

And as Tallulah suggests "hit me up" what ever it means

I am a male in US who is considering a vacation in Ireland this fall. Any places I should make a point to visit?

26/m here near southampton... would love to meet someone nearby for some coffee

Can't speak for the earlier posters but most Irish don't appreciate being referred to as UKers. Or being directed to a UK thread if they're in a UK and Ireland one. Thanks to Tallulah for clearing that up.

On that point and to keep this post valid:
Hi, I'm Irish, cailín. Conas atá sibh? Scríobhann dom.

Can't speak for the earlier posters but most Irish don't appreciate being referred to as UKers. Or being directed to a UK thread if they're in a UK and Ireland one. Thanks to Tallulah for clearing that up.

you could always link an irish thread. and doesn't the title of this thread make a distinction 'tween ireland and the uk?

I do apologise if i have offended anyone with my blase address to UKers etc. I do not like being ignorant and am glad now that i know most Irish would prefer their own recognition. Unfortunately a thread name cannot be changed so yes, the current playground threads are not suitable.

Hope you have fun here on Lit and good luck with your thread :rose:

Good afternoon all UKers :rose:

I didn't realise there was a new UK thread in the personals until now - i am glad Toby has made the latest attempt however as being the last person to attempt this i would say to heed Silver and GA's warnings.
Despite mine being labelled for my own benefit it was still cited as a chat thread and moved.
Basically, the same names reappear means it is chat. It needs to be more 'directory' like - purely a list of names saying 'hit me up' (classy i know) for it to remain.

As GA has so helpfully linked - we 'regulars' are hiding in the playground so please come and make one or all of these your chat home.

Great to see new names here - this is what the whole point of this thread is trying to be about - i am truly confused as to how the old one i came to settle in managed to stay in Personals when the several attempts following all crashed and burned.

Good luck Toby :kiss:

it's easy to tell when it goes into chat mode:

geronimo_appleby 12
TobyOrNotToby82 6
Married_Man_63 4
happyplayer 3
AWonkyDonkey 2
Tallulah82 2
FunScottishGuy 2
Hurricane78 1
ExiledWelshman 1
Objectcloser 1
DaddyCums4You 1
Crossdown 1
grist_159 1
SandyMeowy 1
butterfly_flip 1
TheSilverLining 1
Sprock123 1
JamesRTickit 1
KingArthur84 1
a4king4u 1

...and on that note, i'd better STFU. ;)

Hi,

I've been away a while but I'm back: a Yorkshire (W Riding) OAP with reducing ED, looking for a lady who'd like to help but that I don't need to travel for hours to meet.

All the best,

Last edited:
Back