Just talk to me

B

Bitingmylip

After just a few days here I am learning that there are some really great, fun, smart, thoughtful people out here. I would like to meet more of you. Tonight I just feel like talking and bringing more people into my life. Other times I'll definitely want more. But tonight I want to learn about who you are. Tell me the best thing that happened to you this week. Or the worst. Tell me the thing you most want people to know about you.

All I ask is that you be respectful. Fair?

PM or here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to see the sniper movie with the wife...it was good moving, hmm had good week of work and fuck Im so mad they dont sell cream brule'coffee creamer any more...im devistated.

OK as a fellow newbie, I'll play....

Today while in the city I saw a lady struggling to get herself with he bags through the train station turnstiles. I stopped in front of her and offered to carry her bags through for her so she could get her ticket through the machine.
She smiled and said "you're a very helpful young man".
Now this lady on closer inspection would probably be my age or younger or maybe just short sighted but being called "young man" when I'm mid forties ? That I'm proud of :)

Hello I have been on this site for a while but never made a profile tonight is the first night. I am 19 m and I am a Mechanic. At work i have been putting a truck engine together and was scared to try to start it for the fact it might not run. The best thing this week is that it sounded great :D and the worst news this week is that i did not start tho :eek: im very disappointing in my self for this but just have to move on and keep trying. So that's what im going to do today is try to get that truck running. Sorry for my boring week but that's what happened :D

I went to see the sniper movie with the wife...it was good moving, hmm had good week of work and fuck Im so mad they dont sell cream brule'coffee creamer any more...im devistated.

I've been wondering about that movie.critics hated it but I'm hearing good things about it as well. Hmmm...

Sucks about the creme brulee...what will you do? ;)

OK as a fellow newbie, I'll play....

Today while in the city I saw a lady struggling to get herself with he bags through the train station turnstiles. I stopped in front of her and offered to carry her bags through for her so she could get her ticket through the machine.
She smiled and said "you're a very helpful young man".
Now this lady on closer inspection would probably be my age or younger or maybe just short sighted but being called "young man" when I'm mid forties ? That I'm proud of :)

Ha! Boost to the ego, right? ;). Or maybe you just look younger than you think.

Hello I have been on this site for a while but never made a profile tonight is the first night. I am 19 m and I am a Mechanic. At work i have been putting a truck engine together and was scared to try to start it for the fact it might not run. The best thing this week is that it sounded great :D and the worst news this week is that i did not start tho :eek: im very disappointing in my self for this but just have to move on and keep trying. So that's what im going to do today is try to get that truck running. Sorry for my boring week but that's what happened :D

Yes, just keep trying...see if you can figure out what else you need to do. I Hope you figure it out. :)

hahahah, yes it certainly was. When people tell me I look 5-10 years younger I don't believe them and assume they want something :)

What's your highlight Bitingmylip ?

hahahah, yes it certainly was. When people tell me I look 5-10 years younger I don't believe them and assume they want something :)

What's your highlight Bitingmylip ?

I got asked to teach at an event I've always wanted to work at. Feels like a career step. :)

Hello,

The worst thing this past week was that my sister in law who is struggling with an addiction had a major breakdown and is now hospitalized. I am six hours away by car and training for a new position and not able to be there for my wife. The family is devestated and I carry the burden cloaked so as not to disturb my training.

The sadness from my wife combined with my own is almost too much to hide. :(

Welcome to Lit, have fun. Me, just working then chillin, grillin, in the cold, watching the grandkids, looking at the bigger picture of life.

Hello,

The worst thing this past week was that my sister in law who is struggling with an addiction had a major breakdown and is now hospitalized. I am six hours away by car and training for a new position and not able to be there for my wife. The family is devestated and I carry the burden cloaked so as not to disturb my training.

The sadness from my wife combined with my own is almost too much to hide. :(

That is an awful, soul crushing position to be in. I'm sorry isn't enough, but I truly am.

Oh, I went to the movies and watch a good film (The Imitation Game). It has been a while since I last went to a cinema, I had to stop since I couldn't tolerate to wast time watching crap. Maybe I will get back very soon then.

Oh, I went to the movies and watch a good film (The Imitation Game). It has been a while since I last went to a cinema, I had to stop since I couldn't tolerate to wast time watching crap. Maybe I will get back very soon then.

I really liked The Imitation Game. I thought it was really well acted, and left wanting to know more about the people involved.

I really liked The Imitation Game. I thought it was really well acted, and left wanting to know more about the people involved.

As the paramount of the sad end of Turing's life, you may read about Kim Philby and the other British double agents.
About Enigma, Ultra and intelligence during WWII, there are plenty of books, though I don't know which one has more depth on the subject.

As the paramount of the sad end of Turing's life, you may read about Kim Philby and the other British double agents.
About Enigma, Ultra and intelligence during WWII, there are plenty of books, though I don't know which one has more depth on the subject.

Thank you! :)

Well I tried to PM you, but you are very popular, and inbox is full.

As far as the good and bad this week, I am in the northeast, stuck in the middle of this blizzard, but at least I still have both power and internet.

I've been wondering about that movie.critics hated it but I'm hearing good things about it as well. Hmmm...

Sucks about the creme brulee...what will you do? ;)

I shall compsiain and live with it...shit

Well I tried to PM you, but you are very popular, and inbox is full.

As far as the good and bad this week, I am in the northeast, stuck in the middle of this blizzard, but at least I still have both power and internet.

It was full for about 30 seconds :)

Hey I'm new here just joined a few minutes ago I'm pretty nice and friendly.

I'm still figuring all of this out so if I make any mistakes I'm still learning.

best thing that happened to me this week so far was I got new pair of jeans I guess.

OK, I have another question for you. And it may seem like a naive one, but I'm genuinely curious. I've been surprised by some I've talked to here.

How many of you are looking for someone to talk to on an ongoing basis here on lit? And those that are, are you looking for one person you can get to know really well and connect with? Or many who can satisfy a need in the moment?

Pm's preferred please!

Wow, thank you all for such genuine answers to my questions. You're changing my mind about what I expected.

Back