Justice for Trayvon??

Here's some things that bother me:

• Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch captain. He should know all the streets by heart in his neighborhood. No need to walk around and find a street sign.
  • Zimmerman should have has a flashlight. I have never heard any mention of Zimmerman carrying a flashlight. I would consider that essential gear for a neighborhood watch captain.
  • How exactly did Zimmerman unholster his weapon. It was carried at the back of his waistband, yet he was pinned to the ground. I would like a better explanation of how he drew his weapon.
  • Zimmerman should have identified himself as neighborhood watch. Not just 'What are you doing here?' Letting Martin know what he was doing may have been key to diffusing the confrontation. Zimmerman should have known that, I sure did. He had the golden opportunity when Martin walked by his vehicle.
  • Zimmerman, having obtained a carry permit, should have known not to follow. One thing they stress in conceal carry classes, is situational awareness. Don't walk down dark alleys.
  • When I carry, I also have a digital voice recorder. If I ever get into a potentially bad situation. I will turn it on, if possible.

Okay these things bother you. So what? I mean to what conclusion are you drawing by these talking points?

None of that matters. No mistakes or bad decisions that Zimmerman may have made are relevant. The only relevant question is, "at the time lethal force was used did Zimmerman have a reasonable belief that his life was in jeopardy or in fear of serious bodily injury". It does not matter how he got in the situation. Does a person allow another to kill them just because they were stupid enough to place themselves in that situation? No they do not.

There is no doubt that race played in what occurred that night. I think both Zimmerman and Trayvon have equal guilt in what occurred. Both made bad decisions. Zimmerman initiated the contact however Trayvon could have fled at his girlfriends request but refused to do so. I think what was stated during testimony was truthful. I think Zimmerman initiated a confrontation and Trayvon decided to whoop Zimmermans ass and did exactly that.

So it comes down to justification. Imagine being on the bottom have a flurry of punches raining down on your face and your head bouncing off the ground or cement. I think any reasonable person could draw the conclusion that a person could be in fear of serious injury or death. Therefore according to the jury it was justifiable.

Racism and profiling were simply hot words to create a negative reaction towards Zimmerman. Breaking it down to justification of force it doesn't matter if Zimmerman is the biggest racist on the planet or if he profiled. He was not guilty of murder but he is guilty of being very stupid and his stupidity being partly the cause for a death. I say partly because I feel Trayvon's actions are equally to blame for his death. When I say blame I am speaking more about morality than legality.

And you're full of crap...

You originally "said" "car"...

...why are you disingenuously diverting to "driving", now?

No, you "said" "chase" - simply because it sounds more aggressive than the factual "follow"...

...because that's just what disingenuous pieces of sh!t do.

I've read a juror maintain that she (and other jurors) felt that Zimmerman was as subjectively guilty as you feel he is; yet, that jury unanimously found Zimmerman objectively not guilty of what they felt he was guilty of...

...simply because there was no evidence presented to them to found their subjective feelings upon.

Funny thing, that, because the prosecution fully presented them all the "evidence" you keep preaching of...

...and even more aggressively.

A putz like you poses to champion innocent until proven guilty...

...but then shows your true tyrannical colors when guilty when proven innocent is how you truly roll as it subjectively fits your feelings.

I used the word driving in post 5542.
When did I say Zimmerman should have been convicted of murder???

040312-national-trayvon-martin-editorial-cartoons-9.jpg

Okay these things bother you. So what? I mean to what conclusion are you drawing by these talking points?

None of that matters. No mistakes or bad decisions that Zimmerman may have made are relevant. The only relevant question is, "at the time lethal force was used did Zimmerman have a reasonable belief that his life was in jeopardy or in fear of serious bodily injury". It does not matter how he got in the situation. Does a person allow another to kill them just because they were stupid enough to place themselves in that situation? No they do not.

There is no doubt that race played in what occurred that night. I think both Zimmerman and Trayvon have equal guilt in what occurred. Both made bad decisions. Zimmerman initiated the contact however Trayvon could have fled at his girlfriends request but refused to do so. I think what was stated during testimony was truthful. I think Zimmerman initiated a confrontation and Trayvon decided to whoop Zimmermans ass and did exactly that.

So it comes down to justification. Imagine being on the bottom have a flurry of punches raining down on your face and your head bouncing off the ground or cement. I think any reasonable person could draw the conclusion that a person could be in fear of serious injury or death. Therefore according to the jury it was justifiable.

Racism and profiling were simply hot words to create a negative reaction towards Zimmerman. Breaking it down to justification of force it doesn't matter if Zimmerman is the biggest racist on the planet or if he profiled. He was not guilty of murder but he is guilty of being very stupid and his stupidity being partly the cause for a death. I say partly because I feel Trayvon's actions are equally to blame for his death. When I say blame I am speaking more about morality than legality.

How he got into the situation is very important. I can't run around intentionally getting myself into compromising situations so I can kill people. It doesn't work that way and with good reason. You mention that Martin could have fled, which he could have. Why is he more obligated to flee than Zimmerman.

I suppose if you would make the argument that had he successfully beaten Zimmerman to death that he'd be just as off the hook as Zimmerman we could have that conversation. The thing is we know that's not true even though logically he should be MORE justified had he done that. He's alone in the rain, being stalked by what turned out to be an armed man. We really have little idea of when the gun innitially came into play.

Hoodies, pressure cookers and backpacks should be outlawed :rolleyes:

Why do people keep saying this stupid shit.

How he got into the situation is very important.

Obviously not as he was found not guilty so argue unimportant information to your silly hearts contents because you are wrong.

Trayvon Martin's parents would likely disagree with this statement.

I agree they would not. I feel sad for them and I feel sad for Zimmerman and Trayvon. What occurred was tragic. However I agree with the verdict of not guilty of murder. I do not allow emotions to get involved in this debate and I have no hidden agenda. I am only discussing the legal issues as was put forth to the jury. I'm not making shit up to support my agenda like certain other posters and race baiters on this thread.

Obviously not as he was found not guilty so argue unimportant information to your silly hearts contents because you are wrong.

I agree they would not. I feel sad for them and I feel sad for Zimmerman and Trayvon. What occurred was tragic. However I agree with the verdict of not guilty of murder. I do not allow emotions to get involved in this debate and I have no hidden agenda. I am only discussing the legal issues as was put forth to the jury. I'm not making shit up to support my agenda like certain other posters and race baiters on this thread.

Lots of guilty people get off. The fact that six people made the wrong call (and one has flat out admitted she didn't understand the law. Which is the prosecutions fault not hers) doesn't mean much other than the case is over.

Most people agree he wasn't guilty of murder. Granted the terms are being used a bit loosely here but still.

Back