What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a load of canvas' today to start building up more artwork for exhibiting. Whilst in the queue for to buy them this kid pulled his mum down to his level to whisper in her ear. She then said "yes, he does like doing art".

It made me smile he had to say it so secretively.

Similarly, on walking with them I was asked by a few people what I was going to do with them, and a rather artistic looking lady gave me one of those quiet smiles as though she liked the fact I had canvas' and was going to paint today.

Anyway, being an artist is fun.
 
Two liters of chanterelles, three liters of sheathed woodtufts, two liters of bilberries.

I love, love, love picking mushrooms and berries in the forest. Makes me really appreciate the wide freedom to roam we have here.
 
Forty-two of the 43 U.S. Presidents are directly descended, according to this article, from King John (Lackland), the signer of the Magna Carta. Care to guess which one *isn't* one of John's descendants? :cool:
 
A blueberry-raspberry pie is in the oven and it smells fantastic already! Made from berries we picked together.

And I got flowers today. And the sunflowers I planted are starting to bloom, too.

Lots to smile about today! :)
 
Forty-two of the 43 U.S. Presidents are directly descended, according to this article, from King John (Lackland), the signer of the Magna Carta. Care to guess which one *isn't* one of John's descendants? :cool:

Great story! Interesting comments too.

A blueberry-raspberry pie is in the oven and it smells fantastic already! Made from berries we picked together.

And I got flowers today. And the sunflowers I planted are starting to bloom, too.

Lots to smile about today! :)

Damn, you write a good WMYS/LT post.

Grrrrrrrr

;)
 
My ever curious cat inspecting thoroughly what we have been doing so she can give her seal of approval.:cattail:

Catalina:rose:
 
Waking up feeling like I have gained some clarity these last few days that gave me the push I needed to make some decisions that were really weighing on me. Decisions made, now on to do list, which for for me is always the easier part. I woke up feeling jazzed about it all. :)
 
Just found out my nipples were not closed and went back up to a 10G ring today. I'm sore but I'm oh so happy.
 
F's face and not so convincing list of reasons when I asked 'why?' after he told me his employers had asked if he would be willling to do an interview on the news, and he turned them down and suggested his manager. He so does not like attention...except from me it seems.:D

Catalina:rose:
 
My roommate is such a lazy person in the morning and it makes me laugh so hard because all she does is move as a snail until she really wakes up.
 
My own stupidity.

Last evening this fancy (to me) slicer called a mandolin arrived. I have a buttload of cabbage in the garden ready to turn into sauer kraut and I burned up my food processor making black walnut butter last fall, and apparently the kitchenaid shredder attachment is prone to striiping the stand mixer gears, so I ain't goin' there.

So, today I've got a mess of hot peppers to turn into pickled pepper rings and I thought it would be cool to play with the new toy by slicing them up on the mandolin; which it was until I sliced the tip of my finger off. Yes, I did read to use the finger guard, and I was gonna...once the pepper was a wee but shorter so would fit better.

Oops. So here I sit typing (left handed), laughing at my stupid self waiting for the bleeding to stop...and that damned hot pepper juice in an open wound to stop stinging.:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top