Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last kung fu class tonight before my test on Saturday morning. And I'm feeling like I got beat up last night. My workouts the last few days have been really draining. I am trying to lose as much fat and gain as much muscle as possible, while trying to practice as many forms as I can for Saturday morning, and I am going to need tomorrow to rest up for my test. I am so drained...
 
One last kung fu class tonight before my test on Saturday morning. And I'm feeling like I got beat up last night. My workouts the last few days have been really draining. I am trying to lose as much fat and gain as much muscle as possible, while trying to practice as many forms as I can for Saturday morning, and I am going to need tomorrow to rest up for my test. I am so drained...


Try to relax and not let your nerves get the better of you. Your body knows exactly what to do, so turn off the over-thinking/over-anaysing/overly-critical part of your brain, and let your body strut its stuff. :)
 
Try to relax and not let your nerves get the better of you. Your body knows exactly what to do, so turn off the over-thinking/over-anaysing/overly-critical part of your brain, and let your body strut its stuff. :)

This is my fourth test. I know the routine. I'm just a nervous nelly and second guessing myself is what I do :rolleyes: ;)

__

I want my home computer to work. I have to tear it apart again tomorrow night after work.
 
This is my fourth test. I know the routine. I'm just a nervous nelly and second guessing myself is what I do :rolleyes: ;)

__

I want my home computer to work. I have to tear it apart again tomorrow night after work.

I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to testing: the katas that I do flawlessly in class feel clumsy, I forget that there's a block there instead of a punch, etc. I haven't dropped my chuks yet, but I figure it's inevitable.
 
I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to testing: the katas that I do flawlessly in class feel clumsy, I forget that there's a block there instead of a punch, etc. I haven't dropped my chuks yet, but I figure it's inevitable.

When I was testing for the belt I have now I launched my bowstick into the air (it got caught on my long sleeve that I don't normally wear), and then caught it and resumed the form as if nothing had happened :D

I'm wearing short sleeves on Saturday just to avoid situations like that ;)

Maybe I will have someone video me that day, to see what I do and how.
 
I did almost everythihng I know tonight, and I feel like I was put through the ringer, and then again...
 
Haiti earthquake and now cholera

Remember the Haiti earthquake earlier this year, and now they have cholera?

According to The Times today:

Of the $1.15 billion promised by the US not a cent has arrived due to bureaucratic snarl-ups.

The Red Cross stated "A government pledges 'X' amount, and what's dispersed at the end of the day is different for whatever reason. But 80% of the resources we have raised from all over the world came from the general public... and public money gives us more flexibility and immediacy."

The problem isn't with the US. It's with the lack of any reasonable infrastructure in Haiti. The US can't guarantee that the money goes where it should.

The same is happening with the floods in Pakistan. What the public gives gets there. What governments give? Later, with strings attached.

Og
 
Remember the Haiti earthquake earlier this year, and now they have cholera?

According to The Times today:

Of the $1.15 billion promised by the US not a cent has arrived due to bureaucratic snarl-ups.

...Og

Quoting myself.

The figure promised but not arrived from the US must be in addition to the prompt aid delivered immediately by the US military forces who arrived in Haiti within days of the earthquake.

Aid in kind was delivered from the US very fast, some of it so fast and in such bulk that Haiti's infrastructure couldn't cope. Remember that some aid had to come by road because the airport was overwhelmed?

Haiti's government and infrastructure was a cluster-fuck before the earthquake. It doesn't seem to have got any better and no one, not even the US, can go in to sort out the deficiencies of Haiti's government.

How do you rebuild a country that hasn't had effective government for hundreds of years?

Og
 
Why? There would be no profit in Haiti for generations.

Enlightened self-interest only goes so far, and acquiring a liability isn't good politics.

Og

Ok, so it isn't a perfect plan. But I only said that was a way to fix Haiti, not a way to make the conquering country any money, or respectability, or any kind of benefit at any level...
 
Ok, so it isn't a perfect plan. But I only said that was a way to fix Haiti, not a way to make the conquering country any money, or respectability, or any kind of benefit at any level...

Before the Second World War, the way to solve a problem like Haiti was to make it a Protectorate under the League of Nations, with a defined Protecting Power whose role was to encourage it to become a responsible self-governing independent state. If the United Nations worked properly, that might still be possible.

But if the United Nations worked properly? The world would be a much better place. Unfortunately the UN doesn't work, let alone properly.

Og
 
I would not be up this early if I weren't testing in two hours. I have to remember to pick up something to eat on my way there (for later, I'm eating breakfast here before I go).
 
Congratulations!

I know how grueling the tests can be, so consider yourself patted on the back. :)

I can't wait to discuss some of the events in my private lesson in the morning.

I can wait for the workout that I am going to be put through in the morning...
 
Trick of Treating with a two and a half year old who is learning to Trick or Treat is priceless. It took him a few houses but he finally started running up to doors and actually saying "trick or treat" and also saying thank you.
My hip that has tendonitis acting up now because of it stinks, but the above reason for it hurting was so worth it.
 
Tomorrow the builders arrive - again, and Og and wife go away for the week.

Before the builders arrive we have to completely clear a bedroom and a landing. It is surprising how much stuff is in both areas.

While we're away they'll demolish a chimney from above the roof to the first floor level (Note for non-UK readers: Numbering of house and building floors is Ground Floor, First Floor, Second Floor etc. Pressing button '1' on a UK lift will get you to the floor above the ground.), rebuild the airing cupboard adjusting the plumbing, wiring and woodwork and moving the hot water tank, and weather and time permitting, demolish and rebuild the balcony facing the sea.

While they are working the central heating, hot water, most of the cold water, and the electrics will have to be cut off. That's why we're moving out.

They will have use of a toilet and washbasin, a kettle and facilities for making tea and coffee. After all, looking after your builders helps them do a good job.

When we return? The house will need cleaning, again.

Og
 
If I could get my hands on either of you your deaths would be subject of numerous crime shows. They would shake the souls of even the most hardened people.

Bastards. :mad:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top