What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked for the WAPO "piece"

But you know that

Instead, you pretend you want me to read the 800 page shit

Post the WAPO hit piece


http://www.washingtonpos*****m/blog...e32ad90da239_blog.html?wprss=rss_fact-checker

It's blocked by lit for some reason. I Yahoo searched "70 percent of all food stamps goes to bureaucrats" and it was the first hit.

In a footnote to the “70 cents” sentence, Tanner emphasized: “It is important to note that the 70 percent figure is not solely government administrative overhead. That figure also includes government payments to the nonpoor on behalf of the poor. For example, Medicaid payments go to doctors. Housing subsidies are frequently paid directly to landlords.”

So in terms of Medicaid benefits for the poor, Bachmann says that's just "administrative cost" because it goes to medical care and not direct cash for poor people.
 
Last edited:
Obama Pledges to Waste Still More Money on Electric Cars


Despite occasional posturing that only a fool would take seriously, Obama has made it clear that he has no intention of allowing a significant reduction in the monstrous deficit that threatens to pull us off the cliff after Cypress. That’s why he thinks America can afford frivolous wackiness like this:


Envisioning cars that can go ‘coast to coast without using a drop of oil,’ President Barack Obama on Friday urged Congress to authorize spending $2 billion over the next decade to expand research into electric cars and biofuels to wean automobiles off gasoline.

Obama, expanding on an initiative he addressed in his State of the Union speech last month, said the United States must shift its cars and trucks entirely off oil to avoid perpetual fluctuations in gas prices.

Under Obama’s rule, the “fluctuations” have been consistently upward.

Corrupt biofuel boondoggles have driven up world food prices and possibly consume more energy than they produce. Electric cars, due to the massive environmental damage inflicted in the production of their short-lived batteries and the fact that the electricity to run them has to come from somewhere, usually from burning coal, are not significantly better for the environment than more economically efficient real cars. If electric cars made any sense whatsoever, the free market would be able to produce them profitably without coercion.

As usual, Obama claims that this profligate waste will not increase the deficit.


The initiative, proposing to spend $200 million a year on research, would be paid for with revenue from federal oil and gas leases on offshore drilling and would not add to the deficit.

But even if the entire $200 million per year is stolen from consumers of efficient sources of energy, causing gas prices to “fluctuate” even further upward, the drain on the economy will reduce the tax base as it throws still more people out of work, further increasing the deficit.

Every penny the government spends on anything increases the deficit, just as every penny it spends makes us less free.
 
Reminder: Fisker about to go all Solyndra with $200 million of your money


Our federal government sure knows how to pick ‘em.

Fisker is an electric car company, founded in 2007, which holds the dubious distinction of producing the only car to ever break down during its Consumer Reports test drive. It was supposed to be an American leader in new technologies, with a revamped factory in Delaware and all the jobs that come with it. It ended up producing cars in Finland— cars that caught on fire and konked out due to the company’s use of faulty batteries from another taxpayer-funded company, A123. Facing recalls and possible bankruptcy, Fisker’s CEO Henrik Fisker stepped down while the company searched for buyers. All this colossal failure could be chalked up to doing business in new technologies if it had been done with the $1 billion or so in private funding Fisker got. Sadly, the company also blew through $193 million from us, via the Department of Energy, which is now giving pause to the Chinese companies looking to buy it. Stimulus!


The Chinese automaker that was in talks to buy struggling Fisker Automotive has backed out, Reuters reports, leaving Fisker without its best bet for avoiding bankruptcy.

Geely, which owns Volvo and is one of China’s biggest car manufacturers, was reportedly on track to acquire Fisker, but dropped out of talks due to conditions that come with paying back the $193 million Fisker has borrowed from the United States Department of Energy.

For perspective, according to the National Venture Capitalists Association, the average VC fund (not loan, but fund) was $149 million in 2010.

Check out the foresight on this GM-turned-Fisker plant in Delaware, which was supposed to start production in 2012, but has been put on hold until 2014-15 (probably indefinitely), but not before we dropped $23 million on it!


$23 million of that was used to purchase and refurbish an old General Motors plant in Delaware, which is supposed to produce the Atlantic, Fisker’s high-volume model, and create about 2,500 American jobs — the crux of the DOE’s justification for making the loan.

A source familiar with the case told Reuters:


Those obligations are too complicated to handle and seem too risky. The plan’s footprint was too big. It would take a long, long time to fill up the plant with products and restore employment there.

According to Reuters’ sources, the resignation last week of Henrik Fisker, who co-founded the futuristic car company in 2007 and designed the Karma and Atlantic models, did not have an impact on Geely’s decision to back out of talks.

But don’t worry. If they go bankrupt, American taxpayers are first in line to get their money back, just like always happens with these crony bankruptcies in an Obama administration.
 
What he said then: Barack Obama, a little-known Illinois state senator who was about to announce a run for the U.S. Senate, spoke out against the Iraq War in October 2002, calling it "dumb."

"I don't oppose all wars," Obama said. "What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. . . . What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income." :rolleyes:

What he says now: In December 2011, Obama marked an end to the war he had once called "dumb" by declaring the result of the conflict a "success." Despite the suffering, Obama said, the end of the nine years of war was "an extraordinary achievement.
 
What he said then: Barack Obama, a little-known Illinois state senator who was about to announce a run for the U.S. Senate, spoke out against the Iraq War in October 2002, calling it "dumb."

"I don't oppose all wars," Obama said. "What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. . . . What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income." :rolleyes:

What he says now: In December 2011, Obama marked an end to the war he had once called "dumb" by declaring the result of the conflict a "success." Despite the suffering, Obama said, the end of the nine years of war was "an extraordinary achievement.
It's March 2013 now, not December 2011, DUMMY!
 
Ok, I read the MB quote and the so called FACT CHECK shit

and as I suspected, its BULLSHIT

The NIGGERS at FACT CHECK cant comprehend


How does it help the poor, she asked, when "of every dollar that you hold in your hands, 70 cents of that dollar that's supposed to go to the poor doesn't. It actually goes to benefit the bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. Seventy cents on the dollar. That's how the president's caring works in practice. So three dollars in food stamps for the needy, seven dollars in salaries and pensions for the bureaucrats who are supposed to be taking care of the poor. So with all due respect, I ask you, how does this show that our president cares about the poor?"

Seventy percent of the food stamp budget goes to bureaucrats rather than beneficiaries? This sounded way off to us. So we looked into it.


She in fact, NEVER said that 70% of the FOOD STAMP budget go elsewhere

yet that is what the NIGGERZ say she said



AS I SUPECTED........NIGGERZ, OF COURSE, CANT READ:D
 
ATTN, NIGGERZ CURRY and POOP aren't you glad I declared amnesty

and let you 2 turds outa the BAD HOUSE?

Now I can show the world JUANCE again what LYING SCUMBAG TURDBALLS you iz:D
 
Where the FUCK is NIGGER UD?

He screamed about this 2001-2008

Where the FUCK IZZY NOW?

Obama turning to executive power to get what he wants




WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama came into office four years ago skeptical of pushing the power of the White House to the limit, especially if it appeared to be circumventing Congress.

Now, as he launches his second term, Obama has grown more comfortable wielding power to try to move his own agenda forward, particularly when a deeply fractured, often-hostile Congress gets in his way.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/03/19/186309/obama-turning-to-executive-power.html#storylink=cpy
 
Keith Ellison: “We’ve Seen Very Serious Dropping Of Out Deficit Over Past Year”…




Only in leftist fantasyland.


(CNSNews.com) – Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) said the debt and deficit are national priorities, but to keep in mind that “we have seen very serious dropping of our deficit over the past year.”

“First of all, you’re not going to find any Democrats up here saying the debt and deficit is not a priority,” Ellison said Tuesday during a press conference on Capitol Hill. “Of course it’s a priority.”

“But you cannot pursue all priorities at once,” he said. “That’s what makes them priorities. The top priority needs to be jobs.”

“But let’s bear in mind and never forget that we have seen very serious dropping of our deficit over the past year,” Ellison added. “We’re making progress on that front.”
 
Obama Submits March Madness Brackets… Still No Budget…




Priorities.


BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) — President Barack Obama is picking Florida, Indiana, Louisville, Ohio State to reach the Final Four.

President Obama filled out an NCAA tournament bracket for ESPN for the fifth straight year. On the women’s side, he selected Baylor, California, UConn and Notre Dame to advance to New Orleans.

ESPN will reveal his full men’s and women’s brackets Wednesday morning.

Indiana and Louisville are each No. 1 seeds. Ohio State is a No. 2 seed and Florida is a No. 3 seed
 
Cyprus proposed to tax demand accounts ~10% (Owch if you are a Russian gangster).

Question of the day: Has the Fed's policy of keeping interest rates below 1% for the past three years amounted to the same thing here?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top