Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink Wellies ?
I thought they were for very little girls (you know, the ones who ride small pink bikes and love my little pony?).

What a wonderful image

They are for little girls. In a misguided moment of kitsch, on seeing that there were some in my size, I bought a pair to match my daughter's. I forgot that she would grow out of hers while I would be left looking like the sort of woman who buys a pair of pink wellies with ribbons on them. Interestingly, women frequently say to me: "Oh I like your boots" whereas when I had a pair of green Hunters, it was just men who used to say it.

Photo0715.jpg

They are for little girls. In a misguided moment of kitsch, on seeing that there were some in my size, I bought a pair to match my daughter's. I forgot that she would grow out of hers while I would be left looking like the sort of woman who buys a pair of pink wellies with ribbons on them. Interestingly, women frequently say to me: "Oh I like your boots" whereas when I had a pair of green Hunters, it was just men who used to say it.

Photo0715.jpg

Mine are black, steel toed, and no ribbions. :D

Too bad I don't drink coffee. The freebie mug set I received this week isn't bad looking.

Ice water, here we come. :D

This set of four makes a total of seven free mugs this year already. Most have advertising on them and come with the company's product . . . like cocoa mixes. These are red with bright flowers, a Mexican theme, but not a company name on the mug itself.

This set of four makes a total of seven free mugs this year already. Most have advertising on them and come with the company's product . . . like cocoa mixes. These are red with bright flowers, a Mexican theme, but not a company name on the mug itself.

Oh, those do sound keepable.

Why? After over a week, why? Fuck's sake...

What happened about the shave? Did you rebook?
I was assuming the six words about being so angry referred to the shave rather than being an additional contribution from Hulk leading to him swelling up even more ... as it were.
Men shaving is so-o-o sexy. I hope you rebooked?
:kiss:

The sheer amount of noise generated by the U.S. is mind-boggling.

The mutual fund companies aren't in the business of managing money; they're in the business of getting their hands on your money. The stock brokers are (and have always been) pure, 100%, unadulterated snake-oil salesmen. The auto companies want to make you believe that your identity is somehow mixed up with what you drive. The food companies want to make you think their corn flakes are somehow better than the other guy's corn flakes. Gillette wants to make you believe dames will like you better if you use the $9.00 quintuple blade SUPER-DUPER razor (and, conversely, that their $8.00 MIRACLE pink-colored razor is better). The soap and deodorant companies want you to believe that you stink if you don't use their product. The tort lawyers want you to believe you're entitled to to be rich because you're a victim. The politicians want you to believe they have the answer and that the other guy is a malefactor.

Basically, it's become a nation of liars, frauds, swindlers and snake-oil salesmen.

Last edited:
No, I haven't rebooked as yet. If I've nothing on at the weekend (diary-wise, that Is - I don't think the little market town where I live is ready for a 6'4“, 20-stone bloke wandering down the high street in the buff...), I may go back...

No, the comment related neither to the shave nor Hulk's burgeoning manhood.

What happened about the shave? Did you rebook?
I was assuming the six words about being so angry referred to the shave rather than being an additional contribution from Hulk leading to him swelling up even more ... as it were.
Men shaving is so-o-o sexy. I hope you rebooked?
:kiss:

No, I haven't rebooked as yet. If I've nothing on at the weekend (diary-wise, that Is - I don't think the little market town where I live is ready for a 6'4“, 20-stone bloke wandering down the high street in the buff...), I may go back...

No, the comment related neither to the shave nor Hulk's burgeoning manhood.

Sorry about that. I hope the situation clears up.
:kiss::nana::kiss:

I could very easily slip into a stalker if I started thinking things like that. It's a struggle as it is some days to not be a stalker.

No, no. You want to be stalked! not be a stalker. Throw out some indifference combined with a soupçon of interest. "Oh, I might like you (yawn), but my mind is just wandering now to the other four people on my list of potentials. Who was that fifth one again (yawn)."

Never say: I love you and I want to have your babies.

(You have a cute smile!)

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back