Nothing Like Old Times

Britwitch

Classically curvy
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Posts
23,086
<<Closed for myself and marauder13 - enjoy!>>

Heather glanced at herself in the elevator mirror.
The strapless black cocktail dress clung to her curves, pushing up her ample chest, showing off her still narrow waist and hugging her gently rounded behind before coming to an end halfway down her thighs. She’d pinned up her midnight black curls, leaving a solitary curl hanging down the back of her neck. Her bright green eyes had been highlighted by just the right amount of eyeliner and mascara lengthening her already long lashes. Her smile was proud as the bell sounded and the doors opened, she’d always known how to make the most of her looks.

Her heels clicked across the hotel lobby, hips swaying, as she made her way to the ballroom and the private party within. The sound of nineties pop songs drifted from inside, slightly muffled by the hundreds of voices clearly having a wonderful time, but despite her outward appearance as she drew nearer Heather felt her confidence falter.

She had changed her mind several times about attending since the invitation had landed in her mailbox.
Firstly she wasn’t sure she wanted to spend an evening talking to people she barely remember about things that happened over a decade ago, secondly their lives now were of little consequence to her and thirdly she was certain she didn’t want them finding out about what had been going on in her life since leaving high school.

Reunions were so cliché.

It would however be a weekend away, her best friend pointed out, with a free bar and meal at the reunion itself. Heather was due a break from it all and why not make the most of it. Besides, there might be someone there with contacts, someone who could help get her life back on track and who really remembered what went on in high school anyway. So she had responded saying she would attend, alone, and then spent a few fairly happy weekends trying to find the right dress. One of the perks to working in a department store was that she’d been able to ‘borrow’ everything she wanted for the weekend and, as long as it didn’t get spoiled, she could take it back without spending a precious penny. It also meant she could choose things well out of her normal price range, a stunning dress, expensive black pumps, lingerie and a few little sparkling accessories for her hair. Finished off with some testers from the make up and perfume department, she looked every bit the successful young woman with money to burn.

It was the image she wanted to present because it was the furthest from the truth.

Taking a deep breath and adjusting the name badge pinned to her chest Heather stepped into the ballroom and headed straight for the bar.
“Rum and coke, please,” She flashed the barman a bright smile, who looked about ten years her junior, and leant a little closer to the bar than was strictly necessary, ensuring when she got her drink it was a double.
Leaning back on the bar rail, Heather scanned the room as she sipped her drink and sighed as the warmth of the rum hit her throat.
There were hundreds of faces milling about before her and only a handful that looked familiar. For a moment Heather thought she might have come to the wrong reunion when a too-happy blonde practically bounced over to her.
“Oh my god, oh my god, Heather? Heather is that you?” The blonde beamed as she reached her.
“Yes it’s me,” Heather smiled back, her mind a total blank as to who the hell was standing before her.
“It’s me, Jenny!” The blonde announced.
“Well I knew that!” Heather’s voice was polite and her face kept its soft smile as her mind ran at break neck speed through her memories trying to place Jenny in them.
 
Wendell rinsed his face one last time, letting the cool water run over his skin. He looked better clean shaven. If he had let things go a few days earlier than he had, he would have lived with the beard, but he was too scruffy with the stubble. The reflection in the mirror was getting sharper every day. He smiled as he put on his glasses.

"Maybe another twelve months at this rate, and I wont need them anymore." He saw his bare chest and abdomen above the wrapped towel. He still found it hard to believe what he was seeing. Years of physiotherapy plus a changed lifestyle had made a remarkable difference to Wendell's body. He kept looking after it, and he liked the results. A well toned body that didn't look like a muscle man's physique.

He wandered back to the main part of the hotel room, quickly dressing himself for the night's party. Light blue shirt, navy blue trousers and jacket and black leather shoes. He checked himself in the mirror as he rolled his shoulders to get the jacket to sit right. The light brown hair was short, and stylishly cut to better suit the shape of his face. The blue eyes gazed back with a confidence that would have been alien to him when he was in High School.

"So, I guess it's time for a little revenge, huh? Show the rest of them that I wasn't such a looser after all?" He knew that it was very petty, and rather childish, but he wanted to show them that he had succeeded in his life. "Sure, they may be others who have more money, or are happier with where they are, but I'm damn sure that I'm on the right end of that bell curve."

Wendell gathered his watch, hotel passkey and made his way down to the lobby and the room where they had all gathered. As he approached the door, echoes of events of a decade past tried to reassert themselves on Wendell. He ignored them. That was then. He was not that young man anymore.

He walked inside, veering off to one side to scope out the party in progress. He wasn't too surprised to see a few familiar faces, virtually unchanged from a decade ago. Others took a little longer to recognize. Mainly due to a combination of changes to hair colour or style, makeup, mode of dress or just lack of familiarity with the people concerned. Once he had his fill of people watching, he decided that some refreshments were in order.

As he walked, he could tell that a few people were trying to place who he was, matching him with what they could remember from back then. Wendell had a chuckle when he saw the table with several copies of the year book on it. Several people were around the table, looking at the pictures within, commenting on either themselves, their partner or someone else of significance to them. Wendell realized that he couldn't even remember what he looked like back then. But it was something he worked hard to forget. That Wendell was a thing of the past.

He approached the bar, waiting his turn to be served by watching those nearby, trying to put names to faces. He wasn't having much luck, but he didn't mind. He reached the bar, the young man, probably fresh out of the same high school, waiting for his order.

"Just a scotch, thanks."

The drink was presented quickly, earning the young man a well deserved thank you while he moved off to allow other party goers the chance to get some alcohol. He passed a couple of women in conversation. The blonde was from all appearances almost hyper, and her raven haired partner was somewhat bemused by what was happening. Wendell took the time to look at both of them, liking what he saw with the brief look.

Wendell found himself a clear section of wall, and enjoyed his drink before he started socializing properly. Before anything else, he wanted to find some of his old friends, if they had come along of course, before he did the rounds gloating to people who would remember him.
 
“You’ve not changed a bit!” Gushed Jenny, as she looped her arm through Heather’s and began to steer her towards the centre of the room.
Oh well, now…that’s hardly true…” Heather tried to release her arm but the blonde’s grip was like iron. “And you…you look just the same…” She added, sensing a complimentary response was expected.
“We both know that’s a lie but bless you for trying,” Jenny’s tone was dripping with condescension.
Look, I need to use the ladies room but I’ll come right back and find you-” Heather began before being abruptly cut off by a chorus of excited shrieks and people calling her name.
“Look who I found!” Jenny crowed triumphantly as a small group of people surrounded them.
In the blur of greetings and compliments Heather tried to focus on the faces, trying to recognise anyone on whom she could try and shift the conversation’s direction onto.
Hi everyone…” Heather gave a very ungraceful wave and tried in vain to avoid the curious eyes now looking at her from every direction.

“You look amazing!”
“You’ve barely changed, that’s not fair!”
“So, come on, tell us…what are you up to these days?”
Oh nothing much,” Heather sipped her drink, desperately trying to think of someone she could claim she wanted to speak to in order to get out of the clamouring group that had swarmed around her.
“Oh yeah, right, like that’s true!” Jenny nudged her unnecessarily in the side.
“You were one of the few to get out of town and go to college…!” A tall dark haired guy piped up, Heather glanced at him trying to get a fix on a name. Dan or Ben something. A footballer if memory served. A footballer she’d…

“Where are you working now?” Someone asked.
Oh I’m…I’m between jobs right now, thinking of taking a new direction, have a few offers I’m considering…” Heather answered evasively before downing the rest of her drink. “Look at that, I’ll be right back, just let me go to the bar and…
“Let me take care of that, rum and coke right,” Dan or Ben something plucked the glass from her hand and whispered lewdly as he swept past, his hand less than subtly grazing her rear in the process. “I still remember what you like!”
Thanks,” Heather muttered through clenched teeth as more questions were hurled in her direction.

“So, you married, single…what?”
Single…right now anyway…” Heather tried to find the face that matched the question but another came from behind her to put pay to that.
“How can someone who still looks like you be single?”
Luck…” Heather joked, wincing as Dan or Ben something pressed a full glass into her hand and the large mouthful she took stung her throat almost instantly.
“I remembered you like ‘em strong,” He grinned, raising his own glass in a toast.
Heather forced a smile in his direction and a nervous laugh.

“So what were you doing, before you took the break?”
I…well, I…” Heather could feel her palms starting to sweat as she struggled to think of a response that would somehow deflect the barrage of questions onto someone else. Anyone else. “Enough about me, I want to hear about you guys…
“But we know all about us, you’re the exotic out-of-town stranger!” Jenny chimed.
Heather had never wanted to hit anyone before but she sensed if Jenny carried on, she might be tempted to try it.
Well I don’t know all about you guys,” Heather tried to keep her voice level and the frustration out of it. Every passing minute increased her regret at attending. “I mean take you for example,” Heather gestured to Dan or Ben something. “What are you doing? You married, kids? C’mon tell me…” She smiled before taking another large gulp of her drink, trying to empty it and give her a slim chance at escape. There had to be at least a triple measure of rum in the glass.
“I’m doing what I knew I’d always do, working in my Dad’s firm. I got married and we have two boys…” Dan or Ben something replied sounding less than thrilled.

There was a brief lull in the inquisition and Dan or Ben something moved to stand beside her.
“I still think about what we had, you know,” His hand returned to her behind and Heather tried to banish memories of her on her knees behind the sports hall trying to pleasure him while the rest of the team trained out on the pitch, his hands forcing her head back and forth or just holding her in place while he pleasured himself.
Well that…that’s very flattering…” Heather’s voice was tight. “So, is your wife with you?” She asked pointedly.
“Not on your life,” Dan or Ben replied whilst smiling and raising his glass to a passing team mate. “Why the hell would I bring her when there was a chance of hooking up. You know, for old time’s sake…”
Heather tried to wiggle out of his grip but he held on. She glanced up and threw him a cautious smile.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” she wet her lips in what she hoped could be seen as a flirtatious response, reaching back to release his fingers.

“So Heather, you always said you’d travel, where’d you go?” Another voice chimed in as Heather finally managed to pry his hand off her behind. Another full drink appeared in front of her.
Actually, I never…
“You said you planned to go around Europe, see Paris, Barcelona, Rome…”
Well, you see…
“Weren’t you going to work abroad? That’s what I heard.”
At one point yes, but…
She could feel the alcohol fuzzing her brain slightly, wondering just how many measures had been added to her drinks.

The questions swirled around her like bees. All Heather wanted to do was get away. Finish her drink and go up to her room. Free meal or not, nothing was worth this. She remembered exactly why she hadn’t wanted to come. The girl she had been was long gone and the woman she’d dreamed of becoming did not exist. For one reason or another, her life was nothing like she’d hoped it would be. But she would be damned before she let them know.
 
Wendell continued to watch the crowd as he sipped his drink. It was funny to see the groups start to form, along the lines of those that existed in High School. It was not too surprising, really, as people were working off their own points of reference from that time. Which for him, was pretty much what was happening too. He was the outsider then. One who saw what happened, made note of it and used it to his own benefit. Mainly who to steer clear of.

The two by the 'bar' finally moved off, the blonde taking charge over the rather reluctant raven haired beauty. Wendell's hand paused half way to his mouth when he recognized her. He let the glass continue, though much slower while he took a better look at Heather Dean.

She hadn't changed that much physically, but her movement told a different tale. She was more in tune with her body, more used to it. That, in itself, made her more attractive than she was when a late teen. Everyone was like that. Discovering their new bodies and what they could so with them. Wendell discovered that most of what he could do with his was rather practical - walk to classes, run from bullies and occasionally self entertain through some rather vivid fantasies. Since then, he pretty much got a new, very improved body. He hadn't had much of a chance to put it through its paces yet, but all things in good time.

As he watched Heather, he shook his head at how she was reacting to being the centre of attention. In High School, that was her element, at least that is what he thought. She always moved with the popular crowd. Her looks were the cause of many an erection, and doubtlessly a few loaded jocks. Of both sorts if the rumours were true. He had seen a couple of the male teachers, as well as Miss Mackay, giving her that "how good would she be in bed" look. No one else knew that Miss Mackay would bed someone of either gender equally, nor the fact that she had taken couples to bed with her. Wendell wondered if she still worked at the school or not.

Then he caught sight of Ben Jones. The stereotypical football playing student. He never thought about his grades too much, because he was going to play professional football and make millions. He even had his eye, hands and lord knows what else on Heather at High School. Here he was behaving like it all happened yesterday. But if anything, he was making Heather even more nervous. The longer she stayed with them, the closer to panicking she got.

Thoughts of revenge were matched by thoughts of compassion for her situation. He drained his glass, returning it to the bar, and headed over to the group focused on the increasingly nervous Heather.

"Heather! There you are." Wendell smoothly inserted himself into the group, moving closer to Heather. He leaned over, placing a friendly arm around her waist as he kissed her cheek. Once he leaned back, he let his arm drop, giving her some space. "I'm sorry that I was later than I expected to be. Hey, Ben. How goes the football career?" Ben's face darkened a little, his reply was muttered and not rather polite. "Never mind, you're looking good there." He fought the desire to rub Ben's nose in it further, but he had other plans right then.

"I know you'd love to hang around and chat some more, but I have some catching up that I promised Heather for when she got here." Wendell smiled to them all, once more putting his arm around the back of her waist, and guiding her away.

"Who's that?" Jenny asked one of her friends.

"I don't know. I can't remember him. Let's check the year book."

Ben found himself abandoned, and feeling slightly pissed off that Heather had been taken out from under his nose. But then, Heather wasn't the only High School sweet heart there, and he would try his luck elsewhere.

Wendell found one of the small knot of tables around the room for people to sit and chat. He found an empty one, pulling the chair out for her to sit on. Once she was settled, he sat down next to her.

"I hope you didn't mind my getting you away from them. You seemed rather uncomfortable. I also know that you are trying to think of who the hell I am, and why I did it. I'm Wendell Travis. Unlike you, I have changed a little bit from school. And to be brutally honest, why wouldn't I want to help the most gorgeous looking woman in the room, and spend some time with her. Unlike Ben, I don't need to paw you to do it." He smiled. "But if it will make you feel more comfortable, I can paw you, make bad passes and act like a horny, drunken slob. Hopefully, though, I wont need to do any of that because just being me will do the trick."
 
Last edited:
Just as Heather thought that passing out might be her only option to escape the neverending questions a highly unlikely knight seemed to appear by her side.
"Heather! There you are."
The arm around her waist was comforting and the kiss calming. She had no idea who this person was but she could sense his motives were far more friendly than the pack of chattering people around her.
"I'm sorry that I was later than I expected to be.”
That’s perfectly alright…” She heard herself replying smoothly.
“Hey, Ben. How goes the football career?...Never mind, you're looking good there."
Heather unsuccessfully tried to hide the grin that snaked across her lips at the stranger’s comments to Ben. Seeing his obvious discomfort helped ease the tension that had tightened every muscle in her body.

"I know you'd love to hang around and chat some more, but and I have some catching up that I promised Heather for when she got here."
Heather had to force herself not to sag against her rescuer in relief as he looped his arm around her once more and walked her away from the more than slightly bemused group, allowing her arm to slip around his back as they walked away, feeling obvious strength in the broad shoulders currently hidden beneath the jacket.

They quickly came to an unoccupied table and Heather found herself being ushered into a seat.
"I hope you didn't mind my getting you away from them. You seemed rather uncomfortable.”
Not at all, I need to thank you, they were unbelievable…I mean, we’re adults, I thought we’d all grown up a little, seems I was wrong,” Heather sighed, glancing back towards where the group was still stood, a few having dispersed towards the year book table, no doubt trying to indentify the charming man who had taken her away from them. She saw Ben stalking off towards the bar, eyes no doubt seeking out some other former conquest to hook up with.

“I also know that you are trying to think of who the hell I am, and why I did it. I'm Wendell Travis.”
The name didn’t register although part of Heather’s mind was sure she would have remembered someone who looked like him in high school.
“Unlike you, I have changed a little bit from school.”
His words explaining her total lack of recognition, although the more she thought about it the more she was sure even his name seemed totally alien to her memories.
“And to be brutally honest, why wouldn't I want to help the most gorgeous looking woman in the room, and spend some time with her. Unlike Ben, I don't need to paw you to do it."
Heather blushed at his compliment and as she realised Ben’s rather less than subtle attempts at a come on had been witnessed.

"But if it will make you feel more comfortable, I can paw you, make bad passes and act like a horny, drunken slob. Hopefully, though, I won’t need to do any of that because just being me will do the trick."
No, no need at all…” Heather insisted quickly, blushing a little more as her memories reminded her cruelly that in the past she had spent too many evenings in, and to her great embarrassment enjoying, the company of such ‘slobs’.

I hate to admit it but I really don’t remember you, I’m sorry.
She studied his face for a moment, trying to see if his eyes triggered something inside her mind but they didn’t.
But there’s no reason why I can’t get to know you now though, is there?” Heather held out her hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Wendell, really it is. I thought knights in shining armour were things of the past, lucky for me you were in town…

So Wendell, tell me something about yourself? Do you still live in town or are you an out-of-towner like me?” Heather was genuinely curious about the man sitting beside her. She had already noticed there was no ring on his finger so he was single, although why she’d noticed that she wasn’t sure.

Can I tell you something, I almost didn’t come tonight, I couldn’t see the point but I have to admit, I’m kinda glad I came now…” Heather realised a second too late how flirtatious her words were sounding. True it had been a while since she had those appetites seen to and Wendell was good looking and so far very charming but she barely knew him.

And, before we go on, I think it’s only right we toast my rescue from the hoards,” Heather took the opportunity to try and wave over one of the waiters wandering through the room to ask sweetly if he could possibly bring them a drink. It wasn’t their job but with a bright smile she hoped she might be able to change their minds. “What will you have…?
 
He knew his reaction was being childish, but he got a kick out of seeing Heather Dean desperately trying to figure out who he really was. He knew even his closest friends from High School would be hard pressed to recognize him, let alone a woman who, quite bluntly, never registered his existence. He wasn't even ignored. He just didn't exist at all.

But that was then. Now, right there, he existed more than the other people who had swarmed all around her. He would have given just about anything to have known what she was actually thinking.

“I hate to admit it but I really don’t remember you, I’m sorry.”

Wendell accepted the apology with a small shrug, as if there was anything that could be done about it. He simply looked at her as she leveled an intense stare at him. He didn't mind because it gave him the time he needed to admire her face. There was a maturity there, a subtle filling out that everyone goes through. The stamp of life. All of them were living now, as adults. Some as parents, or soon to be parents in the case of two of the women there. All of that left a little something behind. Wendell was starting to get a sense of what life had left on Heather when she stop her studying of his face.

“But there’s no reason why I can’t get to know you now though, is there? It’s a pleasure to meet you, Wendell, really it is. I thought knights in shining armour were things of the past, lucky for me you were in town…”

Wendell took the offered hand, leaving a light caress of his lips upon her knuckles, all the while watching her eyes. He caught the faintest whiffs of her perfume, which he found rather appealing. He lowered her hand to the table, letting it rest freely before letting go.

He sat back, and let her relax and open up in her own time and way. It was habitual now. A few words exchanged, and then the other person would open up, initially talking about something mundane. People had an expectation that silence needed to be filled, and if you made someone comfortable enough, they will start filling it. Heather started by asking more about him. He knew she was trying to fit him into her mental map of the school, but he didn't mind too much. But what did surprise him a little was the way she was inspecting him. The places where she looked, after she had got all she could from his face, told him a lot. A look to the left hand. His smile almost escaped.

Heather continued to fill the silence easily, and Wendell was more than happy to leave her talk a little more. Her voice still had the effect of connecting his ear to his groin, and the timbre of her voice worked it's old magic on points further south. Added to the fact that he could have been mistaken, but it had sounded like Heather was flirting with him. But he saw her reaction, and knew that it wasn't quite as it appeared.

“And, before we go on, I think it’s only right we toast my rescue from the hordes.”

He watched her as she managed to charm one of the younger men into coming over to let her speak to them. Wendell had seen that same expression many times at school when Heather turned her charms on some poor unsuspecting male.

“What will you have…?”

"Just a plain scotch, thanks." He watched as Heather asked the young man for a favour, then seeing the smitten youth go and fetch their orders. Wendell reached into a pocket of his jacket, fiddling around inside end pulling out a twenty dollar bill for the young man on his return.

"My smile isn't as good as hers, so..." He handed the young man the tip, all but ensuing above the boards service from him.

Wendell waited for the young man to wander off, taking a small sip of his drink.

"Now, where were we? Ahh... that's right. Yes, I managed to escape to Seattle. I studied at U-Dub before accepting a rather good offer in Portland, where I have been ever since. I'm liking it there. But I will admit to missing it here on occasions.

"I am also glad that you made it. I must admit you were one of the people I hoped to see. And look at me. Sitting beside you having a quiet talk and a drink. My dreams have come true."

"What about you? I know that you had a few firm offers from Universities too. Which part of the outside world manage to snare you?"

Wendell took a guess and thought Heather might be keeping something a little closer to her rather ample chest. The way she was reacting to a normal group gathering was a polar opposite to how she was at school. Never once had he known her to want to be alone, unless it was with her current beau. Even then it was under rather specific circumstances.

'So why is the one time social queen so reluctant to be with a group of people? Reunions are filled with people trying to catch up with others, to see what has been happening in their lives. Does Heather have something that she's not comfortable sharing? Maybe getting her to blurt it out, even just to me, will be revenge enough... Let's see what she's trying to hide.'

"And what about work? I guess you'd be in front of a camera of some sort; TV presenter, spokewoman, that kind of thing. Or maybe in a job that involves meeting people. Am I far from the mark?"
 
"Now, where were we? Ahh... that's right. Yes, I managed to escape to Seattle. I studied at U-Dub before accepting a rather good offer in Portland, where I have been ever since. I'm liking it there. But I will admit to missing it here on occasions.”
Heather sipped her drink, smiling in all the right places as Wendell talked of his life since leaving Hayesville. Her mind still trying to place him in her memories.

"I am also glad that you made it. I must admit you were one of the people I hoped to see. And look at me. Sitting beside you having a quiet talk and a drink. My dreams have come true."
Heather had been the lucky recipient of many compliments in her time, some given with ulterior motive, some given as nothing more than flattery but something in Wendell’s words actually made her blush. Her cheeks felt warm and she actually had to look away for a moment to try and compose herself before looking back into his face.

Well, I don’t know what to say to that…other than thank you,” A shy smile punctuated her words. “You really are a knight aren’t you?
"What about you? I know that you had a few firm offers from Universities too. Which part of the outside world managed to snare you?"
I…I went to OSU in the end…not as far away as I had maybe hoped but it was…it was good…” Heather tried to sound as nonchalant as he did but she failed somewhat. Her voice ever so slightly quieter than it had been as she replied.

"And what about work? I guess you'd be in front of a camera of some sort; TV presenter, spokewoman, that kind of thing. Or maybe in a job that involves meeting people. Am I far from the mark?"
Not…not exactly. I’m working in Portland too as it happens…” Heather’s words tailed off uncertainly. She hadn’t intended to tell anyone anything. Nothing about what had happened.

I, er, I do meet people though I suppose, hundreds sometimes thousands…” Heather winced as the end of the sentence ran through her head.
‘Oh yes Wendell, I work in a department store. I see hats, shoes and dresses to middle aged women who look awful in them but have too much money to be told that to their face.’

My life’s pretty boring really…” She sighed, taking another long sip of her drink. The ice tinkling pleasingly in the dark liquid. “I suppose it’s not quite what I hoped for but I’m happy and healthy so I can’t complain…” She mused before realising she’d been talking to her drink and not the charming man next to her.
Ah well, such is life…anyway, let’s not dwell on what mine isn’t…” Heather said rather enigmatically.

Can I be blunt with you Wendell?” She asked, leaning forward almost conspiratorially, lowering her voice a little and inviting him to come closer. “I hate these things. Really I do. It’s one long parade of ‘Look what I’ve got that you haven’t’ and, to be honest, I thought we’d left that behaviour behind at grade school!” Heather frowned, feeling the rum starting to blanket her brain a little.

I mean, what does it matter if I’m single…or working in a job that’s not all I dreamed it would be…or living everyday with the reminders of one huge, giant mistake that I’d give anything to take back…
Heather only realised when she saw Wendell’s expression change ever so slightly that she’d said more than she meant to.

I mean, so I’m not married…big deal…marriage clearly hasn’t been the happy ending for Ben now has it?” Heather tried to laugh but it just seemed to make things worse.
I, er, I think maybe I need some fresh air…” Heather put down her empty glass on the table. When had she finished it…? “This rum seems to have gone to my head a little…
 
“I, er, I think maybe I need some fresh air… This rum seems to have gone to my head a little…”

"No, Heather, you just stay sitting there for a little longer before getting some fresh air." Wendell discreetly flagged the young man who got their drinks earlier. He wandered over quickly, his eyes lingering on Heather for most of the trip over. Wendell couldn't blame the young man. "Could you get us a couple of sodas please?" Another small bill changed hands and the young man was off, returning soon after with two cokes for them.

"Such a fine young man, isn't he?" Wendell took a sip from his drink. He wondered what he would do given some of what Heather had said. A lot was becoming clearer to him, mainly that Heather was not where she wanted to be, and didn't want others to know about it. Something really embarrassing that pretty much had her locked down tight. She was his main target for his revenge, if he could call it that. But the way Heather was behaving opened up a conflict within him. Revenge versus compassion.

"Heather, I'll be blunt and honest with you too. The only reason I came here was to do just that. To show everyone what I had, and make them feel like shit. Take Ben for example. He was one of those I was looking forward to seeing again. All he talked about was his career in pro football, when he wasn't chasing girls or making my life the hell it was back then. To think he is following in the tradition of being the next Hayesville car salesman.

"But you have managed to make me not want to do it anymore. You see, I exist in your world now, which is more than I can say for High School. You're talking to me, you're interested in me as a person. Even if only for the duration of this reunion. That makes it all worth while for me."

He leaned back a little, but still remained somewhat close to Heather. He fought the natural desire to peer down at her cleavage. That would be a little too rude, regardless of how well displayed it was.

"You've made a mistake have you? And you can't help but be reminded of it everyday. You, Heather, obviously made the wrong choice about how to deal with it. It has become a burden. Something horrible. Why? Why not turn it into something positive? Surely you learned something from it?"

He gave her a rather speculative look, weighing up whether he should proceed or not. He took another sip of his drink, and decided.

"Let me guess. You hooked up with someone that was not right for you, and in the process, fucked up your life plans. You're somewhere you don't want to be, and never saw yourself being. Telling everyone here scares the shit out of you, so you hide it away, and avoid answering questions. Of course, when confronted by people who want to know what happened to Miss Dean, she doesn't want to tell. They push, she panics. Enter the knight." Wendell smiled. "I seriously didn't like seeing you distressed, which is why I did what I did."

He leaned back totally in his chair, letting his gaze roam over Heather. The way the dress hugged her body was wonderful. It made sure that everyone knew just how well shaped she was. Wendell was sure that she was just as fit as she was ten years earlier. Maybe, even as limber was she was too.

"I guess I just put at least one, if not both feet in my mouth, huh? Luckily for me, I am a lot better than that with my clients. Maybe having some alcohol was not the best idea of mine."
 
"No, Heather, you just stay sitting there for a little longer before getting some fresh air."
Heather, to her great surprise, found herself doing just as he said and staying where she was. Perhaps it was the wisest choice, after all the new pumps were a tad on the high side and it had been a while since she had worn anything quite like them. Walking in them whilst feeling as giddy and light headed as she did at that moment probably wouldn’t result in a particularly poised exit.

Before Heather could register, two sodas appeared on the table, one of which she gladly sipped. Resisting the urge to lift the cold glass and press it against her forehead she smiled thankfully at Wendell.
Thank you,” She murmured quietly.
"Heather, I'll be blunt and honest with you too. The only reason I came here was to do just that. To show everyone what I had, and make them feel like shit. Take Ben for example. He was one of those I was looking forward to seeing again. All he talked about was his career in pro football, when he wasn't chasing girls or making my life the hell it was back then. To think he is following in the tradition of being the next Hayesville car salesman.

"But you have managed to make me not want to do it anymore. You see, I exist in your world now, which is more than I can say for High School. You're talking to me, you're interested in me as a person. Even if only for the duration of this reunion. That makes it all worth while for me."

Heather couldn’t help but smile when he mentioned Ben. It did make her feel a little better to know someone else’s grand plans hadn’t quite worked out as they had hoped. Her cheeks blushed a little more at Wendell’s compliments although she felt a pang of something akin to guilt as he mentioned existing in different worlds when they had been at High School. Heather looked at him again, trying to place the face, the eyes, the voice even but coming up short on all accounts.

"You've made a mistake have you? And you can't help but be reminded of it everyday. You, Heather, obviously made the wrong choice about how to deal with it. It has become a burden. Something horrible. Why? Why not turn it into something positive? Surely you learned something from it?"
I learnt a lot from it, you’re right but…I don’t think I can make any of it positive…” Heather admitted, taking another sip of her soda and feeling relieved as the throbbing in her head began to abate.

"Let me guess. You hooked up with someone that was not right for you, and in the process, fucked up your life plans. You're somewhere you don't want to be, and never saw yourself being. Telling everyone here scares the shit out of you, so you hide it away, and avoid answering questions. Of course, when confronted by people who want to know what happened to Miss Dean, she doesn't want to tell. They push, she panics. Enter the knight…I seriously didn't like seeing you distressed, which is why I did what I did."
Heather was hard pressed not to let her jaw drop as Wendell pretty much described the exact situation she had found herself in, although her reaction could not have gone unnoticed given the way he was looking at her.

"I guess I just put at least one, if not both feet in my mouth, huh? Luckily for me, I am a lot better than that with my clients. Maybe having some alcohol was not the best idea of mine."
No, no…not at all in fact…you’re…” Heather hesitated, after all she’d sworn she wouldn’t tell anyone at this ghastly event what had happened. Then again, Wendell was different. Somehow she could sense he was. While he seemed to know of her, not surprising given her popularity in their teenage years, she didn’t know him. It might almost cathartic to share it with someone. “You’re more right than you know…” She eventually finished.

I...I want to tell you, really I do…I think it might help me get over it, like you said, make a positive out of it…” Her voice sounded more strained than she thought it would.
But I can’t, not here…if someone were to overhear…” Heather looked away, knowing that if word got round that would be the end of her ‘glittering’ reputation.
Perhaps, if I’m not boring you, we could go for a walk…outside maybe? I don’t think they’ll be serving dinner for a while…and I would really like to get to know you Wendell, honestly…please…?
 
Wendell was surprised at Heather's declaration to reveal her embarrassing secret to him. There was a tiny part of him, the childish part, that rejoiced that he would find out her dirty little secret. As he did in the past, he wouldn't tell anyone else, but he would use the knowledge to his advantage where he could.

'But how useful would it be now? We'll be here for a few days, and never see each other again. Well, if I could get her into bed just once, that would be worth it. And hey, even ten years late, fucking Heather Dean would be an achievement. It's even better since we wont see each other again.'

"Well, before we do go for a walk, I need to get to the bathroom. A little too much to drink and a fair amount of excitement. I'll be back shortly."

As he stood up, on impulse, he bent over and kissed Heather on the cheek. He liked the feel of her skin on his lips, and as he briskly walked to the bathroom, he fantasized about how other parts of her skin would feel like being tasted. The images flowed steadily as he let nature run her course, which started to make answering said call a little more difficult to steer and control. Finally done, he went to the basin cleaning his hands.

But when he looked in the mirror, he saw the spectre from the past. The thinner, pasty faced youth with thick horn rimmed glasses and a literal shock of hair that refused any attempts at control via combing. He could even see the collar of one of the many flannel shirts he wore during the colder months. For him, that meant any day that was not during summer, and more than a few then.

"What will Heather think if she saw you in the year book, oh 'One most likely to be a computer nerd for life'? She wont see the ugly duckling, will she. Well, she will, but whether she'll see the swan is a different matter. Hell, will she still want to be seen with me if she sees who I was?"

He left the bathroom, feeling a lot more comfortable and excited about finding out about the fall of Heather Dean. He was halfway back to their table when he saw that she wasn't there. Wendell had the echoes of his high school feelings when he thought of approaching a girl, only to find her gone, or with another boy. He banished the old thoughts and feelings, and headed back to the table to finish his drink.

"At least she could have said goodbye... the bitch."
 
Last edited:
"Well, before we do go for a walk, I need to get to the bathroom. A little too much to drink and a fair amount of excitement. I'll be back shortly."
Heather found herself gasping quietly as Wendell bent his head to hers and pressed his lips to her cheek. It was innocent and brief and it was precisely those facts that made her blush the way she did.

She watched him wind his way through the people towards the restrooms and then disappear out of sight. Taking the chance before he returned, she withdrew a small compact from her handbag and quickly checked her face. Smiling to see that her make up was still flawless, the smoky effect around her eyes wasn't smudged and other than adding a fresh touch of gloss to her plump lips, there wasn't much to be done.

"Another drink, miss?" A voice cut through her thoughts and made her turn around. The young waiter was hovering expectantly just beside the table. No doubt hoping for another generous tip, or perhaps just to sneak a look down her cleavage given the direction his eyes were fixed upon.
"Not right now thank you, maybe when my friend comes back..." Heather smiled brightly, fighting the urge to roll her eyes as his own dipped to her chest once more before turning and heading back towards the bar.

Heather felt a frown crease her brow. Her friend. The words repeated in her mind as she realised how little she knew about her companion.
As if in answer, the crowds parted and the table with the yearbook came into sight. Grabbing her purse and, after checking to see that Wendell wasn’t yet on his way back from the restrooms, she headed over.

Finding a copy that no one else was looking at, Heather quickly began flipping through the pages. Ignoring the desire to look at all the photos from the clubs and sports teams, she swiftly found the class pages and scanned each for Wendell’s name. It took a couple of pages but all of a sudden there he was. Teenaged Wendell looking back up at her from the page. For a second she almost didn’t believe her own eyes. There was no way that could possibly have been him. But then the longer she looked, the more she saw vague similarities between them and then she realised that they were indeed one and the same. But boy had he changed.

The boy in the picture, for he was a boy, no doubt a virgin and that status unlikely to change anytime soon given his appearance, was awkward and unsure of himself. Hair beyond control and glasses that wouldn’t have been flattering to anyone, ever, made him look even more the pathetic type. Bad complexion and, from what she could see of it, poor sense of style.
No wonder our paths never crossed…” Heather murmured, feeling a pang of sympathy for the geeky boy squinting at her through his glasses. For that’s what Wendell was. A geek.

Geeks didn’t enter their world back then. Geeks were for mocking, there to be used for occasional entertainment and on rare occasions for help with assignments, for which they would receive little thanks and, if possible, worse treatment to keep them in line. Heather frowned as she recalled how some of her circle treated guys like Wendell. She honestly couldn’t remember if she participated or not, she liked to think she merely watched. But the fact that she didn’t try to stop such behaviour and treatment made her just as bad as those that did the taunting and teasing.

“Where’s your knight in shining armour gone, Heather?”
Huh?” Heather turned around in surprise before feeling her stomach tighten with dread to see Ben stood behind her. A half empty drink in his hand and several more inside him given the slightly hazy, ruddy complexion gracing his face. “Oh, oh him, my friend you mean…he’s coming right back…so if you’ll excuse me…” Heather assured him firmly before trying to step around him. His arm rose to block her path, keeping her almost pinned against the yearbook table.
“If he had half a mind he wouldn’t have left you…no one leaves a woman like you alone…”
His attempt at a compliment just confirmed Heather’s thoughts that he was an ass and that she wished nothing more than to be as far away from him as possible.
Well, like I said, he’ll be right back so, again, nice to see you but I really should be-
“You really should be with me.” Ben’s comment was blunt and stopped Heather’s second attempt to push past him.
She looked up with a look of pure confusion on her face.

“Oh c’mon Heather…you can’t tell me you’ve forgotten how good we were together…” Ben moved forward, his hips pinning hers back against the table. To a passer by they looked like a couple sharing an intimate moment. Heather felt trapped, literally. “I still don’t know why we didn’t make it…” His free hand rose to stroke around her face, making her shudder in revulsion and push his hand away.
Well I can think of three reasons why, all members of the cheerleading squad, for starters…” Heather put her hands on her hips. “We were never love’s young dream Ben, even you must know that. We shared some…” She hesitated over calling what they had shared was good. Humiliating groping sessions in between lessons; painful and degrading couplings in his car or on his car, sometimes with an audience, hardly the world’s greatest romance. “…some times together but that was then and this is now. You’re married and I’m…well, I’m seriously not interested. Goodbye Ben!

Heather finally managed to shove him aside and push past only to come face to face with Jenny and a fresh gaggle of giggling women.
“Oh my god, Heather!” One shrieked.
“I didn’t believe is but you look just the same! Not fair!” Gushed another.
Oh god, please not again…” Heather whined under her breath, plastering another fake smile on her lips while her eyes went back to their table. Desperately seeking some sign of Wendell as the giggling mass of women closed in on her.
 
Wendell had taken a few steps back towards the bar when he spotted Heather, once more surrounded by a group of women all focused on her. She was once more starting to look uncomfortable. He grinned at the thought of rescuing her yet again. Something unbelievable back in his High School days, but now, it seemed to be a regular event.

"I hope you ladies will understand and excuse me for stealing Heather away from you, but I would really like to dance with her."

Wendell took her hand, ushering her away from the gaggle of women, and led her out onto the dance floor. The music was a little upbeat, so Wendell pulled her in close, and started moving around the dance floor at what felt like a fast pace. He guided her through the throng of fellow dancers, spinning and weaving around them with ease.

"You're a good dancer, Heather," Wendell spoke to her as they found a clear spot on the floor. He enjoyed the feel of her body pressed against his, and he didn't care if she felt his partial erection at all while they were so physically close. His imagination fired strongly, picturing what she would look like without the stunning dress on.

"I don't think I could have led someone else around the floor like that. Most people try and maintain some control, resisting what was happening unless they were long time dance partners. You just naturally went with the flow."

He looked at her face again, seeing all the reasons why she entranced him back in High School. The makeup was there, though subtle. It definitely aided her beauty, rather than add to it. How nature got it right was still a mystery to him.

"I have saved you twice now, Miss Dean. You are racking up quite a debt towards your Knight." He leaned a little closer. "I do believe the going rate at one time was a kiss, though with inflation, that might not be enough. But I am a gentleman, so I will haggle over the fee."

The music changed to something slower, and the dancers just more or less stayed where they were. Wendell allowed for a change in stance, and kept going with dancing with Heather. He found himself getting slightly anxious about what was going to happen between them. He desired something significant to take home with him, but he was not going to be like Ben and force her into something she didn't want. He definitely wanted to leave Heather with a good impression of him, if only to soothe his ego. He had done more with her up to that point more than he had through their entire time in High School. He barely spoke to her, never touched her and he didn't exist as near as he could remember.

"Remember son", his father's voice echoed in his mind, "always aim for the near impossible. Because you might luck out and hit it, if not, where you hit will be very good."

'And getting Heather Dean in bed sure qualifies as the near impossible. Will do, Dad.'


"So, after this little dance, how about we go outside and you can tell me that big something that has impacted your life. Thank you for the trust. You wont be disappointed."
 
Last edited:
"I hope you ladies will understand and excuse me for stealing Heather away from you, but I would really like to dance with her."
For the second time that evening Heather felt almost faint with relief to hear Wendell’s voice. Smiling blissfully as he led her away from the gossiping, babbling women and onto the relatively calm space of the dance floor. The music was up-tempo but everyone was focusing on their own partners. Wendell and she slipped in amongst them without so much as a glance from the other couples.

Wendell took her in his arms confidently and began to lead her around the floor. She found it so easy to let him take her where the music and he dictated. His arms around her, holding her close. His body giving her the slightest hints of where they would go next and her body following without question. Her feet falling into an easy rhythm with his. Heather was sure she couldn’t have dictated their dancing even if she’d wanted to but she had to admit she enjoyed being in Wendell’s arms, following his lead, his directions. Their hips moving in synch.

"You're a good dancer, Heather,"
Not as good as you,” She answered honestly. Smiling a little shyly as their bodies shifted closer for a moment and Heather was sure she felt the tell-tale bulge of excitement pressing into her. It was flattering in an odd way to think that just talking and dancing with her might have aroused her partner, her rescuer. That he wasn’t trying to flaunt his arousal either was also refreshing and, oddly enough, arousing in it’s self.

For a moment Heather found herself wondering what might lie beneath the well fitted clothes he was wearing. If he was as gallant in the bedroom as he had been… She stopped herself as she realised Wendell was talking to her. Her cheeks flaming a little brighter with embarrassment as she tried to catch up with what he was saying.
"I don't think I could have led someone else around the floor like that. Most people try and maintain some control, resisting what was happening unless they were long time dance partners. You just naturally went with the flow."

I guess I sensed you knew what you were doing. It’s easy to trust someone when they show natural control like you did. If you hadn’t let me, I’d still be stood on the edge of the dance floor or, more likely, stomping around and crushing people’s toes! I guess I sensed that resisting would do me more harm than good…besides I’ve never been one to fly in the face of experience…” She added quietly. Mentally adding that she had always seemed to do ‘what she was told’, in one way or another, she always bowed to the advice, experience and opinions of others.

"I have saved you twice now, Miss Dean. You are racking up quite a debt towards your Knight." He leaned a little closer. "I do believe the going rate at one time was a kiss, though with inflation, that might not be enough. But I am a gentleman, so I will haggle over the fee."
Before Heather could reply the song ended and a slower tune filled the air. Another shy smile as Heather felt Wendell pull her into a closer, more intimate embrace. Their bodies rocking and moving slowly with the gentler beat now floating all around them.

I think I would be open to negotiation with regard to repaying my debt…” She smiled before lifting her chin and pressing a kiss to his cheek that grazed the corner of his mouth. “Consider that something of a down payment…” She whispered huskily as she pulled away. Her eyes sparkling as she looked up into his. He was so very different, in so many ways, to any of the other men she had spent time with and that difference was a good one. He was articulate and considerate, charming and handsome. She found herself flirting quite easily with her ‘saviour’.

"So, after this little dance, how about we go outside and you can tell me that big something that has impacted your life. Thank you for the trust. You won’t be disappointed."
That…that sounds like a good idea…” Heather admitted quietly before adding. “And maybe once I’ve got that off my chest, we can see to repaying the debt I owe you…
They danced until the song was almost over and then, wordlessly they slipped off the dance floor and out of the room.

After finding a few locked doors they eventually found their outside. The evening was relatively warm but pleasantly cooler than it had been inside.
Heather didn’t realise she was still holding Wendell’s hand until she had to let go to push an errant lock of hair back from her face. A silence drew out between them and Heather knew it would only linger and grow steadily more uncomfortable until she spoke.

His name was Scott,” She began suddenly, feeling her voice catch ever so slightly as if trying to stop her from doing what she intended to do but she knew she had to. Chances were she would never see Wendell again and if she told him, if she told someone there was a chance it would stop it eating away inside her. It might let her be free.
We met in the first year of college and, like an idiot, I though what we felt was love. I was wrong.” With a sigh Heather moved a little way from Wendell to sit on a low wall, running along the edge of the walkway they were wandering slowly along, separating it from a small garden next to the hotel.

We moved in together, he’d had issues in the past with bad landlords. Or so he said. So everything was set up in my name. Rent agreements, bills, we even set up a joint bank account.” Heather groaned as it hit her just how dumb she had been. “Then the bills started mounting and our income didn’t meet our outgoings by a long way. So I started working, in between lectures, after. But he made me feel so…so…I don’t know. So needed and wanted that I didn’t notice the bad stuff. But soon it got to be I was working more than studying. My grades started to suffer and then…then in the space of a couple of weeks, everything went wrong.
Heather’s voice grew a little tight as she continued, promising herself she would not cry.

One day, after too many ruined ‘second chances’, College kicked me out and that was when I came home to an empty apartment. He’d just gone. And it seemed he hadn’t travelled light.
She looked up to meet Wendell’s eyes with a bitter light shining in hers.
My computer, my stereo, everything… he’d taken it all. And that wasn’t the worst. I got the letter from the landlord a day or so later. All the rent I’d been giving him my wages to pay…hadn’t been. He’d emptied our bank account and maxed out my credit card somehow. I had nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Heather stood up again and began to pace back and forth.
I had to take on three jobs to try and pay off the arrears of the rent, to pay the rent in the crummy little apartment I managed to get and to try and pay off all the other debts he’d run up. I tried to find him, track him down. But no one seemed to know anything about him. Even now I wonder if Scott was even his real name…

He ruined my credit rating, my reputation…everything…
Sniffing against tears that threatened to fall Heather steeled herself to meet Wendell’s gaze.
So there you go…that was my mistake and I’ve been paying for it ever since…that’s the secret I’ve been hiding. I got screwed, majorly, in more ways than one and now I work in a shitty job with no prospects, can’t afford to study in the hope of getting anything better…I can’t come home because I can’t let everyone know just how spectacularly I threw everything away.

"I’m trapped.
 
So many little things Heather had said and done were accumulating in Wendell's mind. All of them little things that alone meant nothing. But they were piling up like snow on a drift. Soon, it would come crashing down around him and he would know what it was about her she was showing him.

“That…that sounds like a good idea…And maybe once I’ve got that off my chest, we can see to repaying the debt I owe you…”

Wendell's eyes brightened at that, thinking of the typical male thoughts about how she could repay her debts. Of course, he thought his chances were slim, but something along the line might be achieved.

Hand in hand, they slipped out of the room, Wendell noticing some of the ladies tracking them visually as they left. He smiled, knowing that the mystery man was causing all kinds of rumours and speculations. It took a few turns, locked doors and dead ends before they made it out into the hotel's courtyard. Much to Wendell's surprise, there wasn't anyone else out there. They walked out to somewhere that would help make them feel in private, settling against a little wall.

Slowly, tentatively, Heather started to speak. Wendell had been there so many times before, knowing exactly what to do to allow the other person to speak their mind about something sensitive. He was genuinely surprised at the events as they unfolded. The way she looked at him spoke of how hard it was for her to tell him. How long had she been harbouring this pain from everyone was incredible. She was fighting to retain control over her emotions as she continued to retell the disaster that befell her.

Whatever lingering thoughts of revenge, or getting even with anyone vanished in one single moment, with one little line from a very hurt and frightened woman.

“I’m trapped.”

He closed the gap, putting his arms around her shoulders, letting her rest her head against his abdomen. It was a gesture of support. Firm and gentle hands kept her in place as he processed everything she had said. Hindsight made it so easy to see what was happening, but in the moment, with youthful emotions and inexperience at play, it was also easily missed. She had been subtly, but cleverly, led astray by a clever man. One who had easily picked up on...

'... on the fact that Heather Dean is a submissive? She was easily led in the dance, fell into the play to get her away from the women who were trapping her. "It’s easy to trust someone when they show natural control like you did." So that would explain why she did that back in High School. That's why it looked odd when she came across as the one in the lead, when she was carefully following someone else. Others noticed, to a point, and made use of that knowledge.'

He stroked her hair, still holding her and giving her comfort. The train of thought continued in his head, as he looked down on the most beautiful girl in school, who was now an even more attractive woman. His professional training came in to play, warning him about where he was going with his thoughts and plans.

'I have received formal training to do what most people do naturally, and act on. This is not a formal session. I am not acting in my professional capacity. I'm not going to be acting on confidential information to get some gain over a client. In fact, due to our past relationship, I can't take her as a client anyway. So, the formal rules do not apply. I am not going to be subtle or manipulative. I am going to be me, and to hell with what anyone else thinks apart from Heather herself.'

"Heather, you have been through a lot, have no doubts. But you're not trapped. You're holding yourself back, that is all. You're in Portland, just like me. I'll tell you what. I have some of my business cards in my room. How about we go back there, I'll grab one for you then we'll go have dinner. If you want, you can contact me, and I can see what I can do to get you moving in the right direction. No obligations."

He stepped back, extending his hand to her. "Plus, you can have a chance to touch up before reentering the lion's den." Holding her hand, they walked back into the lobby, heading to the elevators to go back to his room.

'Tomorrow... I'll try and get a little more personal with her tomorrow. Give her some time to settle down. Yeah, that's a good plan.'

When the elevator doors closed, Wendell looked over at Heather. The talking they had done, the way she trusted him and opened up to him had stirred up the old desires in him. She saw him, confided in him. He felt that she respected him to a degree. All those feelings swirled about, inflating his ego, along with his cock.

Wendell reached out to Heather, taking her face between his hands and drawing her into a kiss that he had been wanting to give her for over a decade. He let his pent up feelings for her boil out through his lips on hers. He pressed his lips hard against Heather's, savouring the feel and the taste of the lips he had dreamt about for years. He sealed the kiss, letting his tongue explore her lips, and find her teeth.

The elevator's arrival at his floor cut short the kiss of his lifetime. Taking her hand, he briskly led her to his room, quickly opening the door and ushering her through. The door had hardly closed when he followed it up with another kiss, right down to holding her face again. He let his mouth roam over hers. His breathing whistled through his nose as fought to regain control over himself.

He broke off the kiss, taking a couple of steps back. Wendell stared hard at the dark haired beauty standing before him.

"You had best be naked by the time I am, or I will be ripping off the rest of the clothing."

While he didn't rush too much, Wendell was wasting little time in starting to remove his clothing. His one concession to giving Heather a sporting chance was that he neatly dropped his clothing on the chair behind him as he readied himself to finally take her.
 
Heather turned into Wendell gratefully. The warm, solidity of his body giving her just the support she needed. It wasn’t until she’d stopped speaking that it hit her just how upset she had become. Memories surged over her like waves, incessant and unstoppable. Reminding her again and again just how big a fool she had been.

She sighed as he stroked her hair, her cheek rubbing against his abdomen as she allowed herself to be comforted.
"Heather, you have been through a lot, have no doubts. But you're not trapped. You're holding yourself back, that is all. You're in Portland, just like me. I'll tell you what. I have some of my business cards in my room. How about we go back there, I'll grab one for you then we'll go have dinner. If you want, you can contact me, and I can see what I can do to get you moving in the right direction. No obligations."
Heather looked up at Wendell, at her hero. He’d saved her from total humiliation in front of everyone, twice, and now he was offering her a more realistic life line. She took his offered hand and let him help pull her to her feet. Wiping at her cheeks and hoping her make up wasn’t in too bad a state.

Wendell, that…that would be amazing, really…you don’t have to, you’ve been so generous already…” But her feeble protests were cut off.
"Plus, you can have a chance to touch up before re-entering the lion's den."
Thank you…
Without another word Heather let Wendell lead her back inside and then towards the elevator. Her smile slowly returning as the bell rand and doors opened.
She stepped inside, glancing at the large mirror on the wall for a second and feeling a pang of relief that she didn’t look too much of a mess.

As the doors closed she turned back to face Wendell, leaning back against the rail that ran along the wall and smiling. It took her a moment to realise that he was looking at her differently than he had been during the rest of their time together. She felt herself blushing slightly to be on the receiving end of such focused attention.

She was about to say something when he crossed the space between them and kissed her. His hands warm and smooth on her face. She kissed him back before realising what was happening. It felt…it felt almost natural. True she had been flirting a little with him and she believed he had been reciprocating but she had somehow figured he wasn’t interested in her like that. His kiss was rapidly proving her wrong. The kiss was so different from how she remembered being kissed. There was a need in Wendell’s kiss, a desire for her that almost scared her. She kissed him back readily, revelling in the attentions his mouth was lavishing on hers.

Then it stopped. The doors opened and he led her out and into the corridor. Her lips were tingling and she couldn’t stop looking at him as he opened the door and told her to go in.

She barely had time to turn around before his lips were back on hers. It was like they were teenagers, desperate and panicky and a little unsure. Her arms rose to rest her hands lightly on his sides. Her mouth surrendering willingly to the onslaught from his.

"You had best be naked by the time I am, or I will be ripping off the rest of the clothing."
His jacket had landed on the chair behind him and several buttons were undone on his shirt before Heather realised just what he had said to her.
She hesitated, seconds drawing out. She wanted this, she was certain she did. He made her feel so different than previous men had done. He made her feel appreciated for being simply herself rather than being ‘Heather Dean’.

Her body made the decision before her mind did, hands rising behind her to unzip the cocktail dress and swiftly it was pooled around her feet on the carpet. She kicked off the pumps, and reached up to unclasp the strapless black bra that had supported her beneath the dress. Her eyes fixed on his face as he smoothly but swiftly removed his clothes. Her panties followed, revealing the neatly trimmed sex beneath. Her cheeks blushed then.

She was naked save for her jewellery and her stockings as Wendell began to move towards her.
As her heart began to race within her chest with slight panic at what was about to happen, she couldn’t help but admire the toned, strong, physique coming closer.

She backed away, not scared but uncertain suddenly. She reached up to unpin her hair, sending dark black curls tumbling down around her shoulders and down her back. Wendell’s eyes were hungry, almost starving, and his body was obviously ready. She’d never been looked at like that before and it worried her as much as it excited her.

Are you sure we should…?” She mumbled quietly as her backward steps took her into the bathroom.
Wendell continued to advance and Heather’s hands rose, half in defence, half in surrender.

Then a quiet yelp as her bare behind bumped something. The counter beside the sink was behind her. There was nowhere left to go.
Green eyes wide as he closed the distance between them. Conversations were over. She knew that now. It was time to repay her debt.
 
Wendell continued to undress, moving mainly on autopilot as he watched Heather and how she reacted to his demand. There was some hesitancy at first, but then she acted simply and without any fuss. The dress pooled on the floor, revealing the shapely torso that the dress had proclaimed throughout the night. Her body was still healthy, well defined and absolutely gorgeous. He was awe stuck as she continued to reveal herself, making a decade old fantasy a reality.

Wendell was hit by a sudden bout of nerves when confronted by the, for all intents and purposes, naked Heather. He was fully naked seconds after she was, and he wondered if what he was doing was after all right. He felt the age old fear that he would be caught by someone and made fun of, or that he was being set up for a nasty prank. But one further look at her made all those thoughts vanish. She hadn't argued, resisted or made any other signal that she didn't want what was happening. With renewed confidence, he started to slowly close on Heather.

The way that Heather backed away from him, her startled look, made him hunger for her more. He saw how her bodily functions were changing. Her nipples had tightened. Her skin flushed in all the places common to women when they were aroused. The freeing of her hair had to have been a sign of acceptance, because it made her even more attractive framed by her dark hair. Even the little gestures seemed half hearted, almost rote but without true meaning. Further more, she was moving herself into a place where there was no place to retreat from.

“Are you sure we should…?”

He grinned as she bumped into the counter, the soft sound of surprise escaping her. In the moment of her confusion, Wendell closed the distance. His hands took her firmly around her waist, lifting her easily unto the counter. His arms hooked her legs, lifting them while forcing Heather to lie back against the mirror. He spread her legs wide, gazing down on her vulnerable body openly displayed for their mutual pleasure. He was quivering with excitement over the moment that was looming on the horizon. He could clearly see from her awaiting sex that she was more than ready for what he had planned for them.

He held one leg in his left hand, leaving her over leg over his right shoulder. His freed right hand cupped the back of her neck, pulling her forward and bending her head to look down. Wendell's head came to rest beside hers.

"Watch, Heather."

With them both gazing on, Wendell lined himself up, and with one smooth motion, sank into her with one thrust until their bodies slapped together. He held Heather in place, letting them both feel him buried within her. He took a couple of slow, powerful strokes with her looking on, before letting her rest back against the mirror.

"It looked good, didn't it? Seeing yourself impaled upon me. Seeing yourself taken properly by someone. I hope you're ready to enjoy having sex, rather than just being enjoyed."

Wendell soon had her calves in his hands, her legs comfortably spread to allow them both the joy of watching him sliding within her. The long, powerful strokes ended with a loud slap that echoed through the room, adding to Wendell's excitement. the pauses between the thrusts began to shorten, but Wendell managed to keep the power contained. He split his time between looking at her face, and watching the point of contact as he fucked her. The feel of her blazing centre pressed against his groin as their bodies closed together spread a low fire within him that seemed to drive him on. He delighted in the feel of her firm arse and legs as well.

He pushed her legs forward, closer to her head, though still spread open. He gave her one last, teasing slow thrust inward. He watched her face as he moved himself in, feeling every small change and movement of flesh across and around him. He pushed himself in as deeply as he could, holding himself there.

"So, Heather, how would you like it and where would you like it next?"
 
Last edited:
Heather felt his hands lift her easily onto the counter, the cool marble making her shiver as it’s smooth, veined, surface pressed against her naked flesh. She didn’t have long to think about the chill to her rear as Wendell lifted both of her legs and forced her backwards. The cold mirror at her back making her gasp as she looked up with wide, expectant, eyes. She had been in this position many times and yet never quite like this.

She almost frowned as he looked down between her lewdly played thighs, looking at her body, enjoying the sight. That she hadn’t really experienced before. She’d had compliments on her figure but they were almost clichés and never genuine. There was something in the way Wendell looked at her that was a brand new experience for Heather, she didn’t doubt the first of many. Previous lovers would have had their eyes on the mirror, making love to their own reflection whilst getting, taking, their satisfaction from her body.

Another gasp as he pulled her head forwards, bending her body until she could see her shining sex and his shaft waiting impatiently before it. Her cheeks grew warm as he pressed his forehead against her and spoke,
"Watch, Heather."
The position didn’t give her any choice but even if she’d had another option she wouldn’t have been able to tear her eyes from the sight before them. In one movement Wendell buried himself in her. She’d never, ever, seen anything like it. Sure she’d seen it on screen from time to time but never herself, never her own body. It felt odd but it…it turned her on. Seeing his powerfully hard shaft pushing into her without an ounce of resistant. She groaned as he filled her, the lips of her pussy clinging to him as he withdrew, almost hesitant to let go in case he didn’t return. But he did, again and again. Every slow, deep thrust making her groan fractionally louder.

"It looked good, didn't it? Seeing yourself impaled upon me. Seeing yourself taken properly by someone.”
Heather could only nod as he laid her back against the mirror, gasping as the cold glass pressed against her suddenly warm skin.
“I hope you're ready to enjoy having sex, rather than just being enjoyed."

The concept struck a chord inside her as Wendell began to take her. Her eyes drawn to the point where they became one, occasionally drifting over the contours of his chest, up to his face but always drawn back down. She had always been the one who had ‘given’. She’d done anything and everything she’d been asked but had never once been asked what she would like, what she might like to try.

Wendell's movements were confident and hard but they weren’t the panicky, over excited thrusts she was used to. They were claiming her. Every stroke marking her as his and that was another new, slightly overwhelming, idea. That he would want her that much. His eyes, his face, all of it spoke of a desire for her that she was almost frightened to think about.

A long low groan as he pushed to the deepest limits within her and held himself there. Heather was trembling, she didn’t realise it at first.

"So, Heather, how would you like it and where would you like it next?"

Yes…yes I do like it…” For a moment she didn’t realise he was asking her a question. Then his words filtered into her passion and rum hazed mind and she looked up, almost shyly. “I…I don’t know…” She admitted. Her mind racing through past encounters and couplings and nothing, not a single thing, shone as something she’d want to experience again.

I…I like what you’re doing now…” Heather hated how naïve she sounded. Hoping he wouldn’t think it an act on her part, somehow knowing he wouldn’t. “I…I know I don’t want you to stop…and I know I’ve never, ever, been…” She hesitated over the word, “…fucked like this before…I feel, I feel so sexy, you…you make me feel sexy Wendell…what, where do you want it next…?

She wanted to know what he was thinking. She wanted to know what he wanted. To experience the desire she could see in his eyes. He may have been the class geek but given the confidence emanating off him in waves as he stood, buried within her, one could have been forgiven for thinking their roles reversed. She felt out of her depth and confused, and yet more excited than she’d ever been before.
 
Wendell suppressed the chuckle at her immediate response to his question. Heather was obviously in a deep, lust or passion inspired haze that she either heard the question wrong, or just got the wrong answer. He held her in place, still fully inside her, loving every moment of the warm, delightful grip of her pussy. He gazed over her body, liking the way it had changed in response to the sex they were having. The tightness of the nipples, the sheen of sweat on the skin, the overall colour of her skin. He liked just how incredibly sexy she looked perched on the counter top, mid-fuck.

“I…I like what you’re doing now… I…I know I don’t want you to stop…and I know I’ve never, ever, been… fucked like this before…I feel, I feel so sexy, you…you make me feel sexy Wendell…what, where do you want it next…?”

Wendell was genuinely surprised. He knew that a woman of her looks would have had her pick of partners, and would have had more than a few. He didn't care about how she had been with before, or many different people or different times. He was with her now. He was giving her something that she was enjoying, and so was he.

He let go of her legs, gently, so Heather had a chance to take over keeping them controlled. One arm circled behind her back, level with her glorious chest, while the other hand cupped the top of her neck and base of her head. He lifted her up bring her into a deep passionate kiss. He wanted to show her how much she meant to him. She excited him as much then, if not more than when they were in school together. He tasted her sweat, her lips, her mouth, the faint remnants of her drinks. All of it merged into an ambrosia he could not get enough of.

"How about a small change," Wendell said, slowly withdrawing from her. It was not a question, rather than a hint of what was to come. He lowered her feet to the floor. "Now, we will turn you around." His hands on her hips guiding her to face the mirror were firm, controlling but not harsh. "Now, just bend over and rest on the top of the counter." His hands moved to her shoulders, again guiding her into position.

"There, perfect. Now, you can get to see the wonderful sight of your face lighting up in the throws of passion." His hands slid down her back, gliding over her on their way to her hips. He stared down openly at the sexy curves of her buttocks, and the roundness of her hips. He took his time letting himself caress the firm flesh that was presented for his pleasure. He wondered if she had ever had someone caress her there, rather than grope her.

Wendell lined himself up once more, shifting his gaze to the mirror and watching Heather's expression as he slid into her once more. He let his hands roam her back, flanks, hips and ass as he resumed the slow, powerful strokes that seemed to excite Heather so much. He was hooked on watching her face and listening to her as they fucked. He was living a dream, and it was much better than his mind had ever conjured up. He felt drawn to her, the crush of a decade past returning in a slightly different form. It was more a function of lust, but that was no surprise given who he was with.

He rode the sensations, remaining controlled and giving Heather a memory of a fuck that she would remember for the right reasons. His hand found her hair, and he took a hold, drawing her head back, arching her and revealing her swaying breasts.

"Look at yourself, Heather. Look at how incredibly sexy you are." He let himself thrust her a little faster, careful to not hurt her with the impact of the thrusts pushing her against the counter top. Wendell wanted to make sure that Heather enjoyed, that she got to reach her peak as well, but he was loosing control over his own body. Pent up desires and his body's own urges got too much for him. His pace increased, his gaze locked on the reflection of Heather in the mirror. He wanted to see how she experienced what was happening. He wanted to see how much she was enjoying what he was doing for her. He wanted, needed, to know that he was giving her a damn good fuck.

He felt the change within that signaled he would not be able to stop what he had started. He subconsciously shifted himself to make sure that all the right places were being touched to accelerate his own climax. Without much warning, he peaked while deep within Heather. He held her tightly, his body pushing his shaft deeper with each spurt. His eyes remained open but he saw little but the stars in Heaven for the moments of his peak. The wealth of sensations that overwhelmed him were nothing like anything he had felt before. He thought for a moment that his heart would burst because of how powerful the beats got. He was glad he didn't, because he would miss out on other chances to experience it all again.

"Oh... my... fucking God." Wendell took a few deep breaths, amazed at just how powerful his climax was. "Thank you," he breathed more than spoke. He leant down, carefully keeping his full weight off her. But he pressed his warm torso against her back, still within her warm confines, and kissed her shoulders. "Thank you for sharing that with me, Heather. You... you have no idea how special this was to me." He continued to kiss her shoulders and back.

"You know," Wendell said as he stood up, and reluctantly withdrew from her again, "I think we will need to get cleaned up a little before returning for the dinner. Care to join me in the shower?"
 
Last edited:
Heather lost herself in Wendell’s kiss. Her arms rising to hold onto his broad shoulders, one then wrapping around his neck to pull them closer. She didn’t think she’d ever been kissed with such passion. It literally took her breath away. There was so much in that kiss, his enjoyment of what they were sharing, his appreciation of her body, of her.

"How about a small change."
Heather heard herself almost groan in disappointment as she felt him shift and start to pull out of her. Her sex trying in vain to hold onto his shaft. She supressed a gasp as the soles of her feet touched the cold tiles of the bathroom floor.

"Now, we will turn you around." Wendell’s hands on her hips were warm and smooth, strong but not hard. He guided her around to face the mirror that had just been pressing against her back. For a second she almost didn’t recognise the woman looking back at her. Her hair tousled, face flushed, eyes bright. She looked so alive, so…sexy. She felt a blush creeping onto her cheeks as she realised the woman was her.

"Now, just bend over and rest on the top of the counter." Heather obediently leant forwards, bending at the waist and resting her forearms against the countertop.
"There, perfect. Now, you can get to see the wonderful sight of your face lighting up in the throws of passion."

Heather felt herself blushing with something akin to embarrassment. She’d never been spoken to in such a way, the idea of someone believing she ‘lit up’ at all was so flattering. She heard herself sighing as his hands glided over her skin, skirting over her curves, skimming over her flesh. Everything with Wendell was so new. His hands didn’t snatch and grab at her rear as she’d expected. They didn’t pinch or slap, they stroked and smoothed.

Heather looked into the mirror just as Wendell pushed back into her velvet folds. She had intended to look at him, to see the expression on his face but her eyes locked onto her own reflection. Watching as her face changed, subtly but definitely. Her lips parting to allow a long, low groan to escape, her eyes widening momentarily before fluttering shut for a few seconds, then her teeth moving to catch on her lower lip. Fingers dragging on the cool countertop as her body pushed back to meet his.

Stroke after stroke pushed her to places she’d never visited before. She’d experienced this position before but it had never felt like this. His warm hands moving over her body while his own kept her pushed up against the counter enough to prevent her from moving, not that she wanted to go anywhere at that moment.

A loud gasp as his hand wound into her hair and pulled back, arching her back, lifting her chin and making her look at the scene in the mirror. She could see the globes of her breasts shuddering with each connection, hardened nipples moving pendulously beneath her. Rising up behind her she could see Wendell’s strong physique, muscles taut, his eyes fixed on her reflection.
"Look at yourself, Heather. Look at how incredibly sexy you are."

Heather forced herself to ignore the rushes of embarrassment that shot through her and drew her eyes from his face to hers. Her face held upwards by the hand in her hair, she had to admit she looked better than she thought she did. Her skin was flushed, forehead beaded with sweat. Her eyes glistened back her with desire and arousal and a thousand other emotions. Her mouth opened in a series of wanton sounds as Wendell’s thrusts increased in speed, pushing his shaft deeper within her, the sounds of his body slapping against hers pushing her steadily deeper into the lusty haze that was descending all around her.

She could see in Wendell’s eyes that this wasn’t about repaying some imaginary debt, he was doing this because he wanted to and what surprised her the most was how much she wanted it too. How much she needed it.
Oh…oh god…” Heather murmured throatily as her hips twitched back against Wendell’s thrusting. “This…this is…” She didn’t know what it was and fortunately what followed prevented her being able to try and describe it.

A loud groan as Wendell’s movements changed enough to let her know his climax was fast approaching. His actions became harder, quicker, more precise. He was driving himself to his peak and he was taking her with him. Her eyes flicked between her own face and his. The pleasure she saw displayed on his had just as drastic an effect as his body’s actions were having. Her clit was tingling and aching beneath her, her sex clutching greedily at his as she felt him suddenly pulse within her. Sighing, almost in pride, Heather revelled in the last of Wendell’s thrusts. Feeling his hard flesh deep within her, filling her with the evidence of his enjoyment.

"Oh... my... fucking God…Thank you,"
Heather shivered as his lips kissed her shoulders. Her entire body trembling for a second, her sex tightening around him in the process.
"Thank you for sharing that with me, Heather. You... you have no idea how special this was to me."
No, thank….thank you…” Heather murmured, her voice shaking ever so slightly. “That…well, that was amazing. It was special to me too, more…more than you know…” She admitted, almost shyly, her eyes finding his once more in the mirror. Every kiss he bestowed upon her skin making her whimper softly.

"You know, I think we will need to get cleaned up a little before returning for the dinner. Care to join me in the shower?"
I’d love to…
The fleeting sense of disappointment as he withdrew once again was quickly eclipsed by fresh excitement as she took his hand and they both headed into the expansive walk in shower.

The water was soon cascading down on them, hot but not too hot, washing away the sweat and remnants of their combined arousals on her thighs. Heather watched as he cleaned himself, her own hands rubbing soap across her skin as she did. A permanent smile on her lips as she shared what she realised was her first shower with a partner. In the past she would have been left, alone, while her lover cleaned himself up. But Wendell wanted to include her in this, almost continuing what they had just shared.

Heather leant over to press her lips to his cheek then to his lips. Kissing him softly, tenderly. Her arms wrapping around his neck while her body pressed against his. Water coursed down over their slick skin, pouring between them. Her tongue made love to his mouth as something inside her was released, possibly for the first time. The need to show him how much he had affected her, how much she had enjoyed what they had just done, how much she had needed it…and how much she wanted to have it happen again.
 
Wendell allowed himself to be led to the shower. Even over the short distance, just being able to watch her walk was a sight to behold. The sway of her hips, and the way her thigh muscles changed the shape of her upper leg were both delightful, and slightly arousing.

He felt that they mutually decided to restrict to washing themselves and not assisting the other person. He wanted to run his hands over her again, to feel all the other parts of her that he missed earlier. He made up his mind that he would convince her to meet up again before heading home. He especially wanted to feel how taut her belly was, and to cup her delicious looking breasts. He wanted to kiss her more, maybe extending beyond her lips. He stopped his line of thoughts before it took him places that would probably make things awkward for them. Wendell had no regrets over what he did with Heather, and wouldn't have changed it for the world. But he was finding himself irrationally jealous of the soap bubbles clinging to her wonderfully wet body.

His focus was so internal that he missed her approach until the last moment when her lips made contact with his cheek. The imprint of her soft flesh seemed to remain after the contact broke. It also left his heart beating faster in a very pleasant way. He turned to ask her a question, only to find those same lips joining his. As her arms wrapped around his upper torso, he found his own going around her waist. The touch of her tongue on his was electrifying. He started to let his passion for her rise again, through the kiss. He was barely aware of the press of her body against his as he devoured her kiss, giving her back more of the same thing she was giving him. His attention was completely on the kiss. The brush and movement of the lips against each other that was warming him more than the water was. His arms supporting her as his tongue danced with hers.

As Wendell slowed down, and tapered off the intensity of the kiss, he became acutely aware that his feelings for Heather were stronger than he first thought. He had a crush on her in High School, and it seemed that it simmered over the years, developing into something a little more potent. The chance to do something about it turned up the heat, and the mixture bubbled over. Either way, to him, it tasted fucking awesome.

"Well... thank you. I think that we need to get out and get ready to have dinner. I know I am rather hungry." His words were literal, but his look gave the words a totally different context. "But, I must say that we have to do this again sometime. Sharing a shower I mean. Though, I will insist on being more of a gentleman, and help you wash."

He stepped out of the shower, grabbing one of the towels and waiting for Heather to join him. When she did, he once more firmly turned her to face the mirror, and stood behind her. He wanted to look at her face again, but he found himself drawn to her back. He took the towel, softly and thoroughly drying her from the shoulders down to her buttocks. There was no playing, pawing or any other actions. He functionally, and tenderly, dried her off. He flipped the towel around, draping it in front of her.

"There you are, Heather. It was something I wanted to do. I kind of like having my hands on you. Even through a rather fluffy towel." Wendell smiled broadly, enjoying the little things they were sharing. He grabbed another towel, and started to vigourously dry himself off. As he did, he watched Heather's face in the mirror. For the first time, he saw her as a woman, rather than something known as the "sexiest woman in school". He definitely liked the woman much more.
 
Heather didn’t think she’d ever shared such an intense kiss before, their lips moving in perfect time, tongues slipping back and forth, caressing and dancing between their mouths. She found her arms tightening to try and hold herself up as a wave of weakness rushed through her. The hot water pounding down on her combined with the heat radiating off of Wendell’s body pressed firmly against hers and threatened to overwhelm her.

"Well... thank you. I think that we need to get out and get ready to have dinner. I know I am rather hungry."
Heather heard the girlish giggle leave her lips at his words before she realised she had made the sound.
"But, I must say that we have to do this again sometime. Sharing a shower I mean. Though, I will insist on being more of a gentleman, and help you wash."

I would very much like that too.” Heather admitted throatily, her lips tingling from his kiss.
She stepped out of the shower and felt his hands on her body once again, turning her towards the mirror. They were both dripping wet, skin glistening and beaded with droplets of water. Her ebony tresses were soaking and sticking down her back. She could do nothing but blush and look on in amazement as he began to dry her back. His touch was gentle and caring, no attempt was made to derive any passing pleasure by touching or grabbing at her and that fact alone excited her more than she expected.
"There you are, Heather. It was something I wanted to do. I kind of like having my hands on you. Even through a rather fluffy towel."

Thank you…” Heather replied quietly, taking the towel and pressing it against her front. Watching almost shyly as he started to dry himself before attending to the rest of her own body. She ran the towel over her front, bending down to pat down her legs before flicking her hair over from where it was stuck to her back so that it now hung down in front of her. She began to dry it with the towel, the wet hair soon becoming damp waves that would soon dry into curls.

Once dry, she hung up the towel and picked up her stockings from the bathroom floor and then followed the trail of her clothes back into the main room. Dropping the pile onto the bed she began to dress. First pulling her panties back up her legs and then encasing her breasts once more within their bra. She sat on the bed to pull on her stockings, bending first one leg and then the other to pull the black nylon up over her calf then her thigh, casting shy smiles at Wendell every now and then as she did so.

She stood back up and slipped on her heels, watching as Wendell’s body disappeared beneath his clothes. She shimmied back into her dress and then headed over to the mirror and began to pin her hair back into place. The style was considerably looser than it had been when she’d first entered the ballroom, but she didn’t think it looked too bad. In fact the slightly softer look did suit her, to her mind anyway, a few more curls were left hanging down her back and around her face. She glanced at her make up, most of it had been washed away but she was able to add a little liner back around her eyes using the kohl she kept in her purse, with a fresh dab of gloss on her lips she was ready.

She didn’t doubt people would be able to guess what had happened between them but in a way, she didn’t care.
Wendell was ready too and they headed back out to the elevator. Every so often their eyes would meet and Heather could feel herself smiling and blushing like a teenager. Flashes of what they had just shared kept running through her head while they waited for the elevator to arrive.

Thank you, again…” Heather said quietly, standing closer and slipping her hand into his. “For everything…” She pressed a kiss to his lips just as the ‘ding’ of the elevator interrupted her and they stepped inside the opened doors. “This is turning out to be the best evening I’ve had in…well, quite possibly…and tragically…the best evening ever…” Another kiss after he’d pressed the button for the ground floor and the doors had closed, this one long and slow, her body pushing against his, one foot rising slightly off the floor behind her.

And I hope it’s not quite over yet…” She whispered huskily, eyes sparkling as she pulled back enough to see his face as the elevator took them back down towards the ballroom.
 
Wendell tried hard not to stare at Heather while she dried herself off. It was a difficult task, as she bent herself to reach her extremities. The way the muscles of her legs changed the shape of her limb as she dried them. The way her derriere seemed to tighten further. Even the occasional glimpse of her most private of places were all spectacular sights while getting ready to have a fancy dinner.

But the show continued in the main room. Never in his life would Wendell have ever attributed getting dressed as an erotic activity. But he was caught up watching the way Heather brought up her panties, and adjusted their feel and sit. His imagination tried to picture the effects of the lacy apparel on her lower torso, knowing a little more about what was obscured by the thin layer of fabric. He watched with the man's never ending curiousity of the woman's bra, its function and the means by which it is all secured. Also, there is the factor of what part of the woman the bra encases, supports and sometimes enhances the brain mushing effects that breasts sometimes have on men.

Wendell turned his attention to getting dressed. He needed to get dressed so he could enjoy the dinner with Heather, and spend some more time with her. He thought of spending it in the same kind of way they had just before, but the chances of that were remote. He restored his clothing to their pre-tryst state in time to see Heather settle her dress back over her curvaceous figure. He allowed his gaze to track her to the the mirror, watching her apply the final touches before descending into the hordes in the ballroom. When she turned to face him, he was amazed at the sight he was graced with. She was more relaxed, softer and he could see the happiness that shone from her face, a happiness that came from deep within her.

They walked together to the elevator, Wendell wanting to hold her hand, but deciding to leave that decision to her. While what they shared could be viewed as an intimate act, it was nothing compared how intimate the simple act of holding hands meant to Wendell. On the walk, they looked at each other, Wendell felt like a teenager with the girl who said yes to being his girlfriend. He smiled in a goofy way, loving how it felt. He would then remember what they did together, and how it made him feel, and he felt his lust rise sharply.

They reached the elevator doors, Wendell pushing the button and then waiting for it to arrive. To his pleasure, Heather stepped closer and put her hand in his. Her hand felt so soft and warm. He wanted it to stay there forever. The symbol, for him, of how things had changed for the better.

“Thank you, again…For everything…”

Soft, warm, plump lips found his in a soft embrace that felt so different to anything experienced before. He mentally cursed the universe for making the elevator turn up as it did. Slightly petulantly, he entered the elevator, and pressed the button. He rested against the wall as the door slid closed, returning them to a small amount of privacy.

“This is turning out to be the best evening I’ve had in…well, quite possibly…and tragically…the best evening ever…”

"Tragically?"

The word was cut off by the return of the kiss the elevator's arrival had denied him. Wendell hoped that was the case, as he felt exactly the same way. The way Heather kissed him made him feel he was the most important and lucky man in the world. His heart started to beat faster, but then slowed as he enjoyed it. It was not a lead up for something else. The way she leant into him, letting herself just rest against him was an added pleasure. It was definitely something he would enjoy doing a second time. And more than twice.

Heather pulled back from the kiss, her eyes alive and sparkling as she looked at him. Wendell searched her face for the source of the expression, hoping to get some lead as to what gave her the delightful look on her face.

“And I hope it’s not quite over yet…”

Wendell felt the blood rush from his body as his erection came painfully into existence all from the tone of her voice.

"Now, if your night was over, then it would be tragic. Thankfully, my schedule is flexible enough to make space for you to make sure that you have an even better night."

Before he had a chance to give her a demonstration, the elevator arrived at their destination. Wendell took her hand, and walked her into the ballroom. And right into Ben.

"Well, wont your other half love to know that you've been fucking around at the reunion."

"Well, I guess your wife will be happy knowing that I kept you from getting into trouble then. What makes you think that there is someone that I am cheating on, Ben?"

"Because you're here with an ex student, that's why."

"Ben, no wonder your football career never took off. Because you're fucking stupid. I thought the name tag I'm wearing would have told you I am also an ex-student. Plus, I don't have a wife, girlfriend or anyone else that would get jealous. What makes it even more upsetting to you is that Heather choose me over you. I can tell you, Ben, you wont ever get to be with Heather again." Wendell leaned forward, speaking softly to Ben. "Mainly because I am a better lover than you will ever be."

Wendell knew that the last bit was a little too much. Ben's face darkened, and Wendell saw Ben ready the punch. But he had not the time to avoid it. The massive fist slammed into the side of Wendell's head, spinning him around so that he hit the floor face first.
 
Last edited:
"Now, if your night was over, then it would be tragic.”
Heather’s face broke into a hazy smile at his words, at the hope that there was more to be shared between them before they parted ways.
“Thankfully, my schedule is flexible enough to make space for you to make sure that you have an even better night."

Heather wanted to say she didn’t doubt that whatever the night held for them both, they would both enjoy every moment but the doors’ opening cut her off and as Wendell’s hand took hold of hers and led her out of the elevator she knew didn’t mind. She knew she’d find a way to tell him sooner or later.

Lost in musings of what she and Wendell might do together, Heather didn’t realise they had stopped walking until she heard Ben’s voice cutting through her thoughts.

"Well, wont you're other half love to know that you've been fucking around at the reunion."
For a split second Heather felt a worrying twinge in her stomach that perhaps Wendell might not be so different. What if Ben was right and he did have another half, a wife or girlfriend, waiting somewhere for him? What if she was just another conquest? Another all too easy lay?

"Well, I guess your wife will be happy knowing that I kept you from getting into trouble then. What makes you think that there is someone that I am cheating on, Ben?"
“Because you're here with an ex student, that's why."
"Ben, no wonder your football career never took off. Because you're fucking stupid. I thought the name tag I'm wearing would have told you I am also an ex-student. Plus, I don't have a wife, girlfriend or anyone else that would get jealous. What makes it even more upsetting to you is that Heather chose me over you.”

The worrying twinge in her stomach melted away at the tone in Wendell’s voice. The hold he had on her hand never faltered, if anything she thought it might even have tightened. She looked up at Ben with an almost proud expression on her face.

“I can tell you, Ben, you won’t ever get to be with Heather again."
A different pulse shot through Heather, Wendell wasn’t only defending her, he was almost claiming her and Heather was pleasantly surprised to find she liked that idea. More than liked it.
"Mainly because I am a better lover than you will ever be."

The punch caught Heather as much by surprise as it no doubt did Wendell. It was only when the sound of Ben’s fist smashing into Wendell’s face reached her ears and she felt the snatching of his hand out of hers that Heather realised what had happened. As Wendell hit the ground a strange silence fell over the ballroom. Heather turned from Wendell’s form back to Ben with a look that lay firmly between hatred and disgust.

You stupid son-of-a-!” She crossed the small distance between them with one stride and the sound of her slap echoed round the now still room. Ben winced and hissed, not from the slap itself, but the jagged cut left on his cheek from the borrowed ring on her finger. It’s slightly overly large stone had caught him across his cheekbone and the wound was already bleeding.
“Bitch!” He hissed, pressing a hand to his face. His skin rapidly flushing with embarrassment and anger as he realised everyone was watching.
Good luck explaining that to your wife!” Heather snapped.

“Is there a problem here, Miss?” A voice cut between them as a member of the hotel staff materialised beside them.
“No, no, not at all…” Ben began but Heather cut him off.
Yes, there is. This man just assaulted my boyfriend.” Heather’s voice was level as she explained to the porter and pointed a finger at Ben. “He did nothing to him and him, he’s obviously drunk and he just lashed out and punched him in the face.

“Is that true, sir?” The porter asked, his tone less than pleasant.
“Well, yes, sort of…but she slapped-!“ Ben started.
“Will you and your boyfriend be wishing to press charges?” The porter ignored Ben and looked back to Heather.

For a second all the hatred, all the memories of how she had been treated in the past rose up inside her and Heather realised a chance to treat him in the same way was now before her. She could take it or she could pass it up. To take it would make her just as pathetic as he was and realising that came down to the man on the floor beside her. He had made her feel more worthwhile than anyone before had done and she couldn’t just throw that all away.

No, I don’t think there’s any need to take things that far…” Heather replied after a few moments spent enjoying the panic growing on Ben’s face. A cut to his face he might be able to explain away. A spell in jail, no matter how brief, that would be harder to dismiss.

“Very well then, we won’t call the police,” The porter smiled before turning a less than friendly smile towards the relieved looking Ben. “However, this hotel has a strict policy and we do not accept violence towards staff or guests. If you will follow me sir, I will escort you back to your room so you can cool off a little.”

Ben went less than quietly, swearing and cursing all and sundry on his way out of the ballroom. As soon as he disappeared out of the room it was as if a switch was flipped and the air was once again filled with noise.
The waiter from earlier appeared at Heather’s side with a hopeful smile and a napkin filled with ice cubes. Heather took it with a thank you and dropped down beside Wendell.

Hopefully this will help,” She pressed the ice to Wendell’s face, concern etched onto hers as she pressed her free hand to the other side of his face. “I can’t believe he did that, he’s such…such a prick…!” Her eyes lowered almost guiltily. “I can’t help feeling partly responsible though. If you hadn’t been with me, you’d be injury free. So...I’m sorry…” She pulled the ice away and looked at the side of his face, leaning closer to press a feather-light kiss to the injured area. “Are you ok…?
 
Wendell fought hard to remain conscious and coherent after the blow. Even in his dazed state, he was childishly happy about goading Ben into making a really stupid move. Even if he didn't press assault charges, the fact that he struck Wendell would stick in minds for years to come, and cause a little trouble for Ben in the long run too.

He was starting to hear the noises around him a little clearer which was a good sign. Most of what he heard was Ben having words to say to someone, and what he thought was Heather's voice.

“Yes, there is. This man just assaulted my boyfriend.”

Wendell smiled into the carpet when he heard Heather's declaration. He was certain it was only a way to easily explain away the situation, but it had a great sound to it. His musings blotted out the remainder of the verbal exchanges. His world stopped spinning by that time, allowing him to at least look dignified, and sat up rather than lay face down on the floor. His cheek was starting to swell and a bruise was forming too. But the bone wasn't broken, and he was grateful for that.

“Hopefully this will help.” Wendell winced as the cold pack was pressed against his inflamed face. It didn't take long for the heat to be drawn out, and the cold to numb the area. His eyes had a sad look, ashamed that he spoiled their evening by goading Ben.

“I can’t believe he did that, he’s such…such a prick…! I can’t help feeling partly responsible though. If you hadn’t been with me, you’d be injury free. So...I’m sorry…”

"Oh, I can believe it," Wendell spoke carefully and softly. "It's not the first time he's hit me. At least this time, I gave him a semi decent reason to do it, rather than just breathing.

"Heather, don't feel responsible for what happened. He wanted to relive the old days with you, and you rejected him. If anything, I could have just kept my mouth shut at the end and walked away."

He felt the cold pack being removed, only to be replaced by the lightest of touches from Heather's lips. What heat had been removed returned with a vengeance, spreading through the rest of his body as well.

“Are you ok…?”

Wendell snorted a short laugh. "Mostly. My face hurts like hell, as does my dignity."

With a little help, he resumed standing, after a short spell of dizziness. He walked over to a table that had some spare places for them. The people at the table asked after him, and what happened.

"I am fine. I just need a stiff drink or two to help dull the pain and embarrassment. But Ben and I have had a long relationship in him beating me up at school, and he felt a need to relive the glorious days of school once more. I'm not too fussed. In a few days I will be gone again, and he will have to live with the consequences of his little drunken trip down memory lane."

Any further conversation about the incident died off when the food was delivered. The talk then broke down into neighbours talking to neighbours at the table. Wendell turned his attentions to Heather first.

"After that little run in with Ben, I think I need a little... medical attention. Maybe someone to help nurse me back to health." Wendell's grin was cheeky, his entire face alight with merriment as he painted a mental picture of Heather in a sexy nurse's outfit, helping her patient get better. "But I definitely want to spend some more time with you tonight. The thought of just finishing dinner and going back to my room, alone, holds no appeal at all."

Wendell continued to take delight in the inability of those former students at the table to place him from school. Even when naming himself, and describing rather accurately what he looked like, the array of blank stares caused him to chuckle to himself. But the conversation apart from that was good, relaxing and helped pass the time nicely.

Wendell ate and drank a little gingerly, but the alcohol, and the company, helped ease the pain he was suffering. When the meal was finally over, and the last of the socializing at the table wound down, Wendell turned to Heather and leaned over closer to her.

"How about we retire to your room for a while, and enjoy each other's company further. Does that sound good to you?"
 
"Oh, I can believe it. It's not the first time he's hit me. At least this time, I gave him a semi decent reason to do it, rather than just breathing.”
Heather’s guilt increased for a few moments. Guilt that whatever Wendell had gone through in the past he had been forced to relive because he had chosen to associate with her. Guilt that while her memories of high school weren’t exactly rose tinted, at least she’d never been hit. But it was short lived as Wendell assured her she wasn’t to blame.

They made their way to a table and after deflecting the inevitable questions about what had just happened, they were soon enjoying the meal. The food was elegant and beautifully presented but Heather barely noticed the fine combinations of flavours, or how well the chosen wine complimented the dishes. All she had in her head were flashes of what they had shared. The images she had seen in the mirror. The things he had said to her. She smiled and listened to the conversations taking place around them but did not join in. She didn’t trust herself.

She almost lost her composure entirely when she felt Wendell’s breath against her ear and neck.
"After that little run in with Ben, I think I need a little... medical attention. Maybe someone to help nurse me back to health. But I definitely want to spend some more time with you tonight. The thought of just finishing dinner and going back to my room, alone, holds no appeal at all."

Well, your face we can deal with down here…as you put it before, your dignity, will definitely have to wait until we’re alone…” Heather whispered mischievously as she leant closer in order to reply as quietly as possible. “Massaging a man’s pride involves a much more ‘hands on approach’ that’s best administered in private…and I definitely feel that the responsibility for such treatment lies with me. I don’t want to be alone tonight either…” She added, a little more seriously.

When eventually the plates had been cleared and the desserts were on their way, Heather felt a short thrill as Wendell leant closer.
"How about we retire to your room for a while, and enjoy each other's company further. Does that sound good to you?"

That sounds like a wonderful idea to me…” Heather blushed, glancing around to make sure the other guests at their table weren’t listening. Fortunately they were all too involved in their own conversations to care. She drained the last of her wine before rifling through her handbag and carefully touching up her lip gloss. “Give me 5 minutes…my room needs a little…tidying before I can have guests…” She was certain Wendell wouldn’t care what state her room was in, but she did. She stood up, smoothing the black dress down over her hips before bending at the waist to press a kiss to his lips. “I’m in room 364...” She winked before heading back to the elevators and taking one up to the third floor.

She slid the key card into the slot and hurried inside. Her room was one of the more basic ones the hotel offered. It was still smart and well decorated with the best of appliances and décor but it wasn’t quite as spacious as Wendell’s room had been. Her bathroom was smaller and while there was still a double bed, looking at it now though she was certain the bed in his room had been larger. She dropped her purse on the top of the chest of drawers before hurrying to stuff the clothes that were currently strewn across the bed into her small case. The clothes she had arrived in, spare stockings in case she got a run in those she was wearing, all had been left draped across the sheets. Certain she had gotten it all, she quickly zipped up the case and shoved it under the bed.

She smoothed down the sheets and took a moment to glance at herself in the mirror. She took the pins out of her hair and let the ebony waves hang down around her face and down her back. She turned one way then the other, checking that the dress still hung properly. Although given how tight fitting it was there was little chance for it to do anything other than curve over her figure as it was designed to do. She was just debating whether to add a fresh spritz of perfume to her pulse points when a knock at the door sent a tremor of excitement through her.

Licking her lips, she opened the door and leant almost shyly on the frame as her eyes met Wendell’s.
So you found me…” She smiled, moving back to invite him in. Closing the door gently as he passed her and moved into the room. “Do come in, I thought we could maybe order a bottle of something and some ice…? Something to sip while we…enjoy each other’s company…” Heather followed him and stood bashfully by the bed, indicating around the room with upturned palms. “Well this is me, I know it’s a little more basic than your suite but it has everything I need…or that we might need…” She added with a wider smile. “So, what should I get us?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top