Space Rogues {Open PM if interested}

Usagi Keikai

The atmosphere was warm and lively, with voices shouting orders back and forth and customers keeping mostly to themselves. Any more business and the noodle bar would burst at the seams. Long and thin, with seating area and kitchen running down one side, the tiny restaurant seemed old school 'Uchu-Usagi'. The name meaning 'Space Rabbit' and the species named by Japanese colonists after the Earthen vessel 'IJSV Katori' crash landed due to mechanical difficulties.

Before the crash, the species had been relatively capable intelligence (capable of their on language, organized society, economics, aspirations), but had lacked a spiritual side. The years showed just how quick the 'rabbit-warriors' could be, and soon a merge of cultures had begun. And within no time the cultures had meshed perfectly. Less than three generations (human wise) to be exact.

Uchu-Usagi, is a species of alien that seemed like a breed of elven rabbits. Long thin ears, far more pronounced than human's tiny little round ones, and slightly more athletic bodies gave them impressive agility and speed. And their extensive territory was all due to their increased sex drive and population boom. One of the reason's that humans initially interacted with the 'Uchu-Usagi' were due to their appearance. But in time it was discovered that the Uchu-Usagi females were giving birth to Usagi-Human hybrids. The reproductive systems adapting to the new genetic coding.

Whilst the human hybrids grew and reproduced, the pure blood humans died out, unable to maintain enough genetic diversity. But their mesh of cultures remained, fostered by the slightly more human looking rabbit warriors.

As did their love of noodles. Oh my god how they love noodles!

The noodle bar sat on the edge of the Axarna Moon Beta Dock, as the incoming and outgoing traffic was more accepting of 'lesser' people (wealth wise), and the security there was less strict. It was the perfect place to find creatures of dubious habit, such as a slave trading Usagi trying to maintain anonymity.

Kay, as most called her was looking for just that sort of person and it had taken almost half a solar cycle to track him down. Now she was sitting and waiting. The down side of her species was a curious nature, and a sexual desire to reproduce with one's own kind above all others. And from looking around there were no other female Usagi on this moon...and her scent was traveling on the breeze quite nicely.

If her target was within range, he'd show himself eventually.

In the mean time she sucked noodles from the small bowl and breathed in the aroma of the broth, the creator of such exquisite delicacy, a human woman and a male Usagi who couldn't stop sending the best of his culinary ability her way. The woman however sent only evil glares.
 
D'an

He looked at Peg and gave her a cute grin,

"My aren't we inquisitive."

He sat down and secured himself into the seat, bringing up a screen with the specs of their cargo's dimensions and places to hide it. He did this to allow Peg to stew a little bit, he sneaked a glance to find her still looking at him, a too-human look of unsatisfied curiosity on her face, he kept a straight face for a few moments longer, idly tapping on the console, then he couldn't wait any longer and started to laugh. He looked at D'om and then at Peg,

"I slept well thank you Peg, nothing happened at all."

He gave her a rogueish grin,

"You could also count my sperm levels again, by the way..."

He glanced at D'om,

"Bro I think your subroutine thingy you did to update her sex-drive worked too well. You made her a woman with a guy's sex-drive. Perhaps you two should go find a room and take Grax with you, he mentioned something about Peg having a nice..."

A squawk interupted him and a faceful of Graxian followed shortly after that,

"Bossmans promised not to say!"

D'an was almost doubled over laughing by then, though it was muffled as the Graxian fingers held his mouth shut
 
"As you know Peg I'm not your ordinary sentient being. But what would I ever do without my best gal?''

Grinning D'om took the cigar from Peg placing it between his teeth. She shook her head at his playful cockiness, as she lights the cigar with a red hot fingertip. Putting his arm around her shoulders, as they leave engineering together.

''I think next time...we set up a double walled force field around a reinforced collection vessel. Things exploding when we don't want them to isn't fun. Much like our plans we need to improve as you said. Oh don't fret about the damage in engineering..I know an alien that knows an alien he'll fix the walls.''

Side by side they walk onto the bridge together, Anarna's moon looms large in the view screen. D'om walks to stand center of the bridge, placing his hands on his hips enjoying the sight.

''Delivery pay day with cargo bay Bro. Peg contact Axarna Mines Corp please? Apologize for a little bit of delay but don't offer a rebate. They know no other Rover ships delivering cargo as fast you do Peg. Oh and one more thing...the usual docking ask about's on our people we don't want to bump into list.''

Looking to D'an and Lya as D'om blows a few smoke rings. He wasn't going ask her the way Peg had. He couldn't help wanting to laugh at Peg wanting to gossip.

''Hopefully you slept well Lya and are enjoying you breakfast? Bro work a trade for full ammo cells will? Oh really now you don't say...so Grax likes more than belly rubs I see. And no I ain't taking you with us..you'll be nice and keep Lya company little buddy. Lya stick close to us or Peg please? If you pick up anything suspicious let us know OK?''
 
Last edited:
As she finished her meal, she moved up by the brothers and Peg, as well as finally caught sight of Grax. She reached out slowly to brush her fingertips against his feathers. "You must be Grax. Hi there, I am Lya."

Glancing up to both the brothers she looked over at the avatar. "I have an idea. I need to do some shopping and this is a trader's moon, right? Easiest way to listen, especially if you don't want ro be caught, is to look as unassuming as possible. Plus, if I stare at something, I can be considering its worth, not listening on private thoughts. I don't need much, just some new boots and a few other odds and ends. And I will need to fashion a mock-collar. Having a Dahtkelien slave gives you a bit of prestige. The collar is supposed to inhibit most of my ability to my immediate vicinity, such as arm's length. If I wear one, and your associates think their thoughts are safe..."

She let the implications hang in the air and gave them a grin, looking much less tense and scared than she had when thwy picked her up. "Just let me know how I can be of service.and Peg, I could use a shopping partner. " she winked at the avatar.
 
Grax cheeks had blushed a lighter shade of green, swatting D'an hard with his feathered tail. He trills as Lya lightly brushed his feathers. ''Yeahs Grax is mes prettys ladys...it's nices tos meets yous Lyas.'' Being of reptilian origin he couldn't pronounce human words without an ''s'' sound.

''Well well well...looks like we've got a Jr. Rover in the making. What do you three think bout that huh? I think you might have been one in a past life Lya. That's a great idea you'll need credits though...D'an can make you a fake ICC (Identity Credit Credential) real quick. You don't mind doing that do you Bro?''

D'om crosses his arms across his chest, a broad grin on his 5 O clock shadowed face. Nudging Lya gently with his left elbow, taking the cigar from his mouth flicking ash into a WVU. (Waste Vaporizer Unit) Takes the 1970's vintage sunglasses from a pocket, slipping them on Lya could see reflection in mirror lenses. Brown leather jacket, Pegasus insignia baseball cap, vintage mirror shades and smoking a cigar. D'om had the look of man of a bygone Era, as placed the cigar back into one side of his mouth.
 
Last edited:
Peg at the mess hall

Peg provided Lya access to her database on Dahtkelien traditions.

Peg on the bridge

Once the ship dropped out of hyperspace … Peg was all business. “Axarna Mines Corp has been contacted. No rebate required. They have paid in full. That was a bit unusual … they seemed in a big hurry for some reason. I paid the “low” profile bribe … the usual docking asking stuff has been turned off. I have already fabricated a mock Dahtkelien slave collar … it can be picked at the mess hall. D’an you’ll need to make the ICC … software interlock prohibits my mass replicators from complying.”

There were nods from D’om and D’an on Peg’s efficiency.

Peg asked a question “I have a question … the Nebulus-class B frigate … will be here in approximately 48 mins … what is the plan?”

Bloodthirsty Princess

Captain black eye Phillipe LaMont sat in his comfortable Captain’s chair, a throw pillow in his lap. He had been stewing over what had happened to him. Contemplating what he was going to do to D’om and D’an when he caught up to them. He was pretty sure … those good for nothing … wet behind the ears …Brothers would not suspect he had another ship. The little shits were just amateurs compared to a seasoned pirate like himself. And they had made him look like a FOOL! He shook his head … the insolent shits had attacked his ship and destroyed his AI … they needed to pay with their lives!

As he thought more and more about what they had done to him! How they had humiliated him … how they had made him look like a bumbling idiot! And they had done all this at Tortuga … he was respected and feared at that spacedock … no longer … he was a laughing stock!! The arrogant little frauds …despoiler of his good reputation … these thoughts made him want to vomit! He hated D’an and D’om with a hatred that would not stop burning.

Gabby Silver Beard, the first mate turned to the brooding Captain and informed him “Capt’n … they have dropped out of hyperspace … we should reach them in 53 mins.”

“Ok … dump the quark matter out of the exhausts …” Captain LaMont ordered. Gabby pressed the button releasing the exotic material. There was a suddenly surge in the ship’s velocity. The way ships’ traveled in hyperspace involved “folding normal space and creating a bubble” around the ship … as long as the ship stayed within this bubble … the ship was in hyperspace. There were some tricks to increase the speed of the bubble. Dropping quark matter in the bubble although that was very dangerous ... it increeased the speed of the bubble.

Grabby relooked at her computer displays.

“Capt’n that did the trick … we’ll be upon them in 15 mins!” The first mate announced.

“Good job … now get the space mines ready … and get me my laser pistols…fat ass!” He yelled at his first mate. The 200 lbs woman prepared the space mines and then waddled off to get his weapons.

Captain black eye Phillipe LaMont grabbed his dagger from his belt.

“I CAN’T WAIT … I’M GOING TO KILL THEM!!!” He screamed across the bridge … and started to rapidly stabbed the blade into the hand crafted pillow … over and over … soon stuffing was flying around the bridge … “I’m GOING TO KILL THEMMMMMMMM” he screamed over and over. It looked like it was snowing on the bridge, there was so much stuffing floating around.
 
He took hold of Grax's wings with one hand and unfastened the fingers clutching his lips, he made a mock bite at Grax's belly, making him sqwuak again and flutter away as D'an released him.

"Nastys bossmans"

D'an gave the Graxian a grin and cracked his knuckles,

"You know why I'm the one that gets all the hot chicks when we visit the bar bro?"

He started typing on the console, figures, cards and numbers started to flash on the holo-screen,

"Because I have perfected the basics of being a Rover. ICC creation being second on that list, dashing smile and cocky attitude being the first, being a lucky sonagun and having a way with a gun...yeah bro I'm the Rover, you're the Roverish guy who likes the librarian gals."

He grinned,

"You know where your librarian gals' been bro? Libraries. You know where the naughty gals' been?"

He tapped a screen and a replicator sprang to life, in mere moments a new ICC card wgich had seen better years lay ready, D'an spread his arms wide with a cocky grin,

"Everywhere. And that is how I can do this stuff so easily."
 
Lya rolled her eyes at D'an, took the ICC and turned. "I am going to change. I will also transfer some of my own credits. That way I don't look like a moocher." Blowing them all a kiss, she headed back to her quarters and changed into the loincloth and halter combo she had worn when she arrived. She grimaced as she put on the ill-fitting boots, but, if things worked out she would have a decently fitting pair soon. As she changed she accessed the databanks of Dahtkelien traditions that Peg hD obtained for her. She quickly skimmed the supplies needed for meditation, though she had known something about those. She looked at the list of hooky days and some food preparation . She also looked at traditional garb and traditional rooms. There were a lot of swathes of gauzy fabric, and women dressed in layers of fabric that were swathed around their bodies. She noticed head coverings, which were probably good ideas considering the striking hair nearly all Dahtkeliens had. It was not so different from some of the old earth veils and half-veils. It might be interesting to explore.

Fingers working quickly she tied her hair back into a herringbone braid and wrapped it into a bun at the top of her head, securing it by weaving the ends into the bun. It would be harder to recognize under the hood. Slipping on her curved blades behind her back, she remembered she wanted to get them sharpened, though it wasn't as important as getting some new clothes and other personal items. If she was going to stay she needed to make her room look a bit more homey.

Sighing softly she pulled on the cloak, her hood hiding her features, but she opened the front to show off (distract men and some women with) her body. Smooth expanses of thigh ended at barely 30 centimeter length of partitioned skirt, leading the eye to wander up the smooth, lightly muscled planes of her abdomen, teased by the frayed edge of a halter-top that rested just below high, full breasts.

After taking a glance at herself, she moved back out to the main mess hall area and inserted both cred IDs to transfer funds from her personal account (also under an alias)to her new alias. She didn't want to mooch too much. Once she completed her work, she turn end to the guys. "So what exactly do you want me to listen for?"
 
Finishing off a bowl of noodles, Kay slid the bowl forward and gave a low nod to the Usagi chef who moved over to accept it. Their hands brushed for the shortest of moments, but it was enough to catch the eyes of the man's partner. She sauntered over and got in on the action. "We hope you have enjoyed our signature dish, please come again in the future."

Whilst it wasn't exactly kicking her out, she picked up on the vibes well enough. Sliding back the barstool she sat on, she stood up. She had been here for long enough, and with no sign of Usagi Rafu, perhaps the wind was not in her favor.

There was no rush, she would spend as long as necessary to hunt for this particular bounty.

Picking up her wrap of swords, she slung them across her back, the blue robes and metallic polymer undergarments moving against her skin flawlessly. Her hands were protected by a hard carbon fiber gauntlet mitten, enough to stop any sharp blade and deflect most blunt attacks. It was however rather ineffective against pulse blasts, with some luck against projectile weapons.

Her feet were covered in a similar shin plate and sock combination. As very rarely did a blade make it to her central core whilst her hands and feet were capable of getting in the way.

"Your service has been most gracious, and I will speak highly of your establishment if I cross any of my kind again in future." This time with a formal bow, hands at her sides, she moved into the street and walked away.

There were stalls and shop fronts lining the main road from the docks towards the central market district. Since Usagi Rafu hadn't been at the space port, and wasn't within scent distance, there was a good chance he was hiding out in the market. Possibly even selling his slave wares.

She kept to the open side of the street, looking out over the multistory docking bays and what this place considered it's view of space, and that was the large planet that filled almost 70% of the sky. This was a moon after all.

Finding a communication booth, she ducked inside, bringing up a map of the region. She also had several missed calls, and almost two thousand emails to read, 90% was junk.
 
D'om crosses his arms across his chest, letting D'an be the braggart he has always been. When he'd heard more than enough of it, he blew a big puff of cigar smoke in his face.

''This is my accurate imitation of you...you just blow smoke and are full of hot air like bro'' I'm sure you and your over inflated ego couldn't wait to inform me of your womanizing. I could get as many as you IF I wanted to...I just happen to prefer quality over quantity. Furthermore out of the many you've had...who's saved your ass from a bunch of them?''

Peg was more interesting to D'om than any girl D'an knew, she definitely wasn't a simple Librarian. She could do things that would make the girls of pleasure planet Eros 9 blush.

''I asked you to make the ICC because I haven't rewritten the lockout protocols as yet bro. As soon as I do it'll be one less thing I'll ask for...and it'll be one less thing you're good for.''

With a grin and a wink D'om chuckles, taking D'ans teasing comments good naturedly. Peg what's the latest arrival status on that Frigate of Black eye Phillips? By the way bro we do have a temporary fix for the ammo problem. We just have to divert power from shields to engineering five minutes or so.''

Peg was more interesting to D'om than any girl D'an knew, she definitely wasn't a simple Librarian. She could do things that would make the girls of pleasure planet Eros 9 blush.

''Oh cocky attitude..being a good forger..and a fast gun doesn't make a Rover. If it was we would have died off like all the Dinosaurs. We can't stay put..we want adventure..we do as we please..and work together to maintain a lifestyle. That's what makes a Rover.''
 
Last edited:
Peg

Peg maneuvered Pegesus (herself) past the large orbiting storage station positioned above Axarna’s moon. The storage area was where mined items were stored in orbit when brought up from the moon’s surface.

Attached to the large storage station was a space elevator. A space elevator had been the most cost effective way to transports good from the moon’s surface to orbiting cargo carrying space vessels. (a space elevator was like a real elevator with a strong thin cable running from the surface of the moon to the orbiting object, believe it or not this can really work) This elevator concept worked well with planets and moons with lower gravity such as Axarna’s moon. At the terminus of the elevator was the main city of the moon called Rabittoshichū.

Peg maneuvered herself to enter the atmosphere of the moon. The designated landing place was the space port at Rabittoshichū. Just as she was passing under the massive storage station she answered D’om question.

“D’om, ETA on the frigate arrival is approximately in 38 minutes.” Peg announced

Just as she said that The Bloodthirsty Princess dropped out of hyperspace and started firing at the Pegesus. The massive storage station blocked a majority of the Pegesus from their line of fire … but one laser blast just caught the forward port side of Pegesus. The explosion rocked the ship … bouncing D’om, D’an and Lya across the bridge. To make matters worse … the cigar in D’om mouth flew out …and landed into the WVU. (Waste Vaporizer Unit) and was instantly destroyed. Lucky his 1970's vintage sunglasses only flew off his face and land into Lya cleavage!

“CORRECTION … THE FRIGATE HAS JUST ARRIVED.” Peg yelled. “I have the shield up now … SHIZZZ … I just had that port side repair!!” She complained.

"What happened?" D'om asked

"The frigate fired on us!" Peg answered. "I'll use the storage station as a shield for now."

“We have two options …”Peg advised ... as she coninuted to adjust her position keeping the storage station between the two battling ships. “I can enter the atmosphere … their laser weapons will quickly become ineffective … however they could charge to kinetic weapons … or we charge all weapons and give them a big hello … but I’d need 5 minutes to get enough power... also we have no idea who these clowns are.”

“Oh and D’om … I told you before 98% of these encounters our initial plan is flawed or derailed within minutes … I have adjusted that percentage up to 98.4% after this event. I hope your 100% quick thinking and luck hold up …” Peg advised.

The Bloodthirsty Princess

The white stuffing from the pillow was still floating around the bridge making it hard to see… as Captain LaMont screamed at his first mate … “QUICKLY … GET AROUND THAT STORAGE STATION … WE HAVE THEM!!”

“Captain … they are as maneuverable as we are … I’m trying!!” She yelled back.

“HOW LONG!!” He screamed.

“At this rate it will take 1 min and 30 sec …” She said.

“TOO LONG … FIRE AT WILL!!” He screamed.

“But the storage station …??” She said.

“DO IT!” He ordered as he inhaled some of teh white stuffing and started coughing like crazy.

The Bloodthirsty Princess fired a full set of laser blasts into the defenseless storage station. These blasts opened up hole across the station … however the station was massive … so this first set of damage was not disabling. But it did knock the station out of its carefully set orbit. This cut the elevator cable … causing a whiplash effect … part of this super strong cable flew up … and smashed into The Bloodthirsty Princess. The ship’s shielding protected the ship’s hull … but the blow was so powerful it knocked the right engines off line … the frigate careened into the moon’s atmosphere and was gone.
 
Last edited:
Lya

She was going to say something when the frigate appeared and she was thrown to the side like a child's rag doll.

Cursing in three languages, Lya plucked the sunglasses from her cleavage with a small laugh and held them out to D'om. "I believe these belong to you, sir."

She looked around as she stood, her eyes unfocusing for a few moments as the space around them stilled from the firing. She didn't "hear" anything aside from the cursing of the others.
 
Climbing to his feet D'om bellows an order to D'an, takes his glasses from Lya and sprints to the aft turret.

''Forward turret engage and lock on bro target the shield array! Peg you do the flying I'm going to the aft turret to take out the weapon system! Lya listen to Black eye Phillips tell me his next move if you can!''

Skidding to a stop D'om threw himself into the turret chair, rising up as the HUD lit up he brings guns to bare. Grabbing the gun controls D'oms ready to fire, D'an would fire when he's ready and locked on.

''Com links open! Lya get a com link at the com station on your wrist..send your thoughts to me if it's easier. I want to know what's coming understand? And if you can knock that bastard out do it at will.''

Seeing the space elevator cable strike the Frigate D'om cheers, he opens fire on the their main guns. The energy bolts rip through the shields, taking out their forward main gun. Saving ammo with short bursts, making every single shot count without wasting rounds.
 
Last edited:
Alarms called out across the city, and people began running for shelter. The space dock froze as people looked upwards into the sky. The cable visibly shuddering and buckling caused some of the inhabitants to cry out in fear. If that hit the ground, it would level city blocks for miles, killing untold numbers of civilians. Kay hear the commotion, and glanced out. The sky quickly filled with smaller space craft escaping the danger zone, and the whail of emergency vehicles followed shortly after.

"Citizens, please make your way to the closest public blast shelter. Do not panic. Do not run. Maintain order.

I repeat.

Please make your way to the closest public blast shelter. Do not panic. Do not run. Maintain order."


The loudspeakers spread the message throughout the city, and very few people actually listened to the official advice. Parents scooped children up and sprinted for safety. Kay instead looked back to her communication booth screen and swiped a suspicious looking red card.

Access Granted, welcome, Lieutenant Samantha Marshall.

A smirk pulled the corner of her mouth upwards as she began accessing the docks aerial defenses' security feed. All eyes were on the heavens as the main cannons hummed to life, building up charge. If necessary they would blast the cable to bits and limit the damage to the ground. But there was also an alert put out for two ships currently in orbit around the elevator. The Bloodthirsty Princess, and the Pegasus...at least that's what their hull name imprints read.

...Peg?

Typing, knowing that only moments into the future both ships would come under fire for breaking the non-aggression pact within the moon's orbit. They could have chosen a better location for such a fight.

"This is Lieutenant Samantha Marshall, authorization code 458-4257/221 of the United Space Federation. I am officially invoking space charter 124. Hold your fire. The Pegasus is currently under official investigation, do not fire upon this vessel. It is currently under official investigation and is to be unharmed." Kay had patched into the moon's defense channel, and was acting out her part as best she could. Space charter 124 allowed officers from the USF to temporarily outrank personnel who were allies of the Federation if adequate reasoning was supplied. Official business, and their fight against Piracy was one such reason.

"The Bloodthirsty Princess is not under official investigation and has been reported as a pirate vessel. Open fire at will, do not allow it to leave orbit. God speed, men."

She hoped her bluff wouldn't be checked beyond her fake military record and currently active forged authentication numbers. The real Lieutenant Samantha Marshall was currently listed as 'On Assignment - Classified' so a lowly space port officer should know that meant she was undercover on business, and not to be questioned.

And although she should be worried that perhaps The Bloodthirsty Princess wasn't a pirate vessel, if it had fired on the Pegasus, well that was enough reason to fuck its day up.

Opening a secure channel, Kay laughed into the comm. "Peg, what brings you to this neighborhood. If you don't mind I've diverted the cities cannons from your tail, but perhaps acting as an innocent party might be a more effective use of your time? Pirates have been known to attack for no reason. Come join me for some tea, if you decide to accept the invitation. It's been too long."

Unplugging, she didn't want to remain hooked into the same communication booth for too long. Peg would get a location easy enough, if she wanted.
 
Peg

Peg maneuvered herself into chasing the Nebulus-class B frigate into the moon’s atmosphere. Then she detected the energy bolts that ripped through the shields and took out the frigate’s forward main gun.

“Nice shooting D’om” she complimented adding a warning “Weapon power levels have dropped to 55%”

Peg had over a 100 million processors … and like all women could multi-task … She started the experimental power generation process at the same time … “Black hole generation process has begun …” She told D’om as the whole ship started to creaks and make popping noises. “10% formed … 50% formed …80% formed … 100%” Peg announced.

“Beginning virtual particle collection … completion of this process will be in 4 mins and 38 seconds”

While all of this was going on … she put a tracking sensor on the separated cable from the space elevator. If that much cable fell on the city below lots of people could get killed. Was there enough time to destroy the frigate … and also catch or divert the cable? With too many unknowns … she could not calculate the chances.

The Bloodthirsty Princess

Onboard the Bloodthirsty Princess there was total chaos … the first mate kept asking for orders …and all Captain LaMont could said was “Cough, cough”

The first mate took action on her own ... she restarted the starboard side engine. She also released active homing air mines …at the Pegesus “They will never know what hit them!!” the fat ugly first mate thought as the mines headed toward the Pegesus!
 
Why was it people thought she could do some kind of fucking magic? As she ran to the main communication console, she grabbed a com link and placed it on her wrist. "My abilities don't work that way, D'om. I am going to need some help from Peg for that. Peg, I need to interface with your scanning sensor array. It amplifies my range to your range. Some tactical sensor inputs that attach to my temples should do fine in the long term, short term I need something, a tactical display, anything I can physically touch, and tap into. Even if it is a main circuit board. I won't do anything to you, I just need to tap into your positronic pathways."

Thoughts were a series of neural electronic impulses. Knowing that, Lya also knew she'd need some kind of interface. For the moment, she'd have to risk getting zapped by the computer. As the interface displayed on the screen, Lya grinned and closed her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she lay her hands on the console, letting out a hiss through her teeth as she felt the tingle. Opening her mind, she allowed herself to feel... Sense her surroundings. Tilting her head she "listened".

The screams nearly wrenched her from the seat. She resisted grabbing her head, and tried to shut out the screams of the people on the station. Focusing on her breathing, she pinpointed a voice that sounded nothing like the screams. It was faint, but once she blocked the screams from her mind, she called out loudly to the wrist communicator. "Homing air mines headed our way!"
 
D'om calmly spoke into the comlink with an almost dead calm voice, he got the way when the stakes were high. D'om and D'an fired into the Frigate amidships, ripping through it's shield like so much butter. The combination of plasma cannon fire, high yield torpedo, and mines driven back by hyper sonic pulse.

''Peg fire a full yield torpedo approximate distance to the Frigate..transfer power to the forward shields. I want a hyper sonic pulse from the communication array into the approaching mine field. Fire the pulse in 3. 2. 1. Fire the torpedo in 3. 2. 1. Brace for the the blast wave impact it's going to be a rough ride guys.'' D'om calmly spoke into the com link with an almost dead calm voice, he got this way when the stakes were this high.

D'om and D'an fired into the Frigate amidships, ripping through it's shield like so much butter. With the combination of plasma cannon fire, high yield torpedo, mines driven back by hyper sonic pulse. It about cut a hole 1/4 the length of hull, a secondary explosion rocks the Bloody Princess as she went dark.

''Bring shields back to full ship wide coverage at 110% now Peg! Keep it at that level until the blast wave passes through.''

A shockwave made the Pegasus shudder violently, she rode up it like a ship at sea and settled back down. The lights flickered almost going out inside her, bulkheads creaking but she didn't suffer any damage.

''Everyone still in one piece after riding that out? Peg what's your status any significant damage done. If not lets back away from that wreak just in case she goes critical.''
 
Last edited:
D'an

He was thrown from his chair and still scrambling to get into it when the next shock wave hit the Pegasus,

"F'r fucksake!"

He almost tore his arm from it's socket as he grabbed hold of his chair's arm rest, using it to drag himself up and strapped himself into the chair, the chair slid to it's position, HUD flickering to life. In a scan he took in their problems, selecting the tractor beams, he fired. The beams locked on to the cable as it started it's descent to the ground.

"BRACE YOURSELVES! PEG! HOLD ON!!"

Moments later the cable yanked taut against the tractor beams, plucking at them and drawing Peg dirtside. He grimaced as he got jostled in his chair, he wasn't swearing for now, for now he wore a grim faced expression as his hands flashed over the consoles in front of him. He drained power from the shields, adding it to their thrusters, he drained even more power from their shields, leaving them at 80% and used the extra energy to strengthen the tractor beams.

Peg was a damn fine ship, she was stronger, faster, more maneuverable and more dangerous than any other ship of her class. She wasn't supposed to be doing what she was doing and the strain was telling. There was a distinct groaning from the hull as the weight pulled on the beams.

"C'mon Peg, hold on baby, this piece of string will not beat us."

He was speaking through clenched teeth, sweat was dripping from his brow as he held onto the tractor beam controls, which in turn was shaking like crazy in his grasp. Why, he didn't know, all he knew was that he had to keep that damned cable from gaining more speed and slowly, very slowly it seemed like they were actually stopping the cable's descend.
 
Lya

Lya let out a grunt as she felt her body rise then fall hard with the impact, toppling off the comm console's chair. Cursing again in three languages, she rose on shaky legs and sat herself down to interface with Peg again, the pads of her fingers tingling as she found the electrostatic pulse.

"Frigate has gone to black. All I hear are the confused and panicked sounds of the ship's crew as their life support systems are failing."

It was a cacophany of panic, and she took deep breaths to calm down her own feelings. Empathy was an extension of her abilities, but until she learned how to perceive without absorbing she was prey to others' strong emotions, and if some were sensitive, they'd be prey to hers.

She wished she had some of the kinetic abilities of the males of her species, but so far she hadn't manifested any of them, and she didn't know if she ever would.

Inside the ship she could sense Grax's panic, D'om's fear held in check under the calm veneer (for which she was grateful), and D'an's struggle with the ship. She couldn't do anything to help him as it was more of a grim determination rather than the bitter copper taste of fear in her mouth.

She scanned the surface action,and realized cannons were pointed their way. "Uh, guys? I think there are some cannons aimed at the cable. We might want to let go lest we get caught in the crossfire."
 
Peg and Kay

Peg received Kay transmission "Peg, what brings you to this neighborhood. If you don't mind I've diverted the cities cannons from your tail, but perhaps acting as an innocent party might be a more effective use of your time? Pirates have been known to attack for no reason. Come join me for some tea, if you decide to accept the invitation. It's been too long."

Peg send a quick note back “I’d love to … it will be just a girl girl thing!” The transmission line was terminated but hopefully Kay would check her messages.

Peg and Lya

Peg giggled as Lya placed her hands inside her circuits “That tickles!” She said. After Lya had completed her mind scans Peg asked her “Lya thank you for detecting the mines … but could you please get your fingers out of my mind. Thank you.” Peg asked Lya. The motion of the ship after the explosion pulled Lya's fingers from the circuits.

Lya fingers again found the circuits ... and she saw the dark frigate start to fall to the moon’s surface. A series of escape pods could be seen being jettisoned from the ship. She hoped everyone made it … well everyone beside Captain LaMont, who had tried to kill them.

Peg and D’om

D’om was really manhandling the Pegesus … as the shockwave smashed into the ship. Peg could not help say “Gosh … I feel like I have just been Bitch slapped! I like it a little rough … but D’om you are over doing it!” She complained.

Then D’om asked more seriously “Peg what's your status? Any significant damage?”

Peg decided to make a ship wide announcement “Forward portside has been breached, however a containment force field is in place. Energy for Weapon is at 7% and dropping. Shield strength is at 80% and dropping. I’m diverting all shield energy to the tractor beams and thrusters.”

D’om nodded “Got it … I’m heading for the bridge …” He unbuckled and ran back to the bridge.

Peg and D’an

D’an had moved Pegesus to catch the elevator cable … the strain on the ship was enormous … bulkhead and internal structures of the ship were creaking. From the bridge looking aft … there was a noticeable bend in the passageway. No one need Peg to tell them the ship was on the verge of being snapped in two.

"C'mon Peg, hold on baby, this piece of string will not beat us." D’an grunted as he applied even more thrusters. The ship’s atmospheric thrusters gave their all … running at 154% of design capacity … trying to slow down the long cable. It was working, but the lift to weight ratio of the Pegesus was not quite enough to prevent the cable from reaching the ground. So D’an had done the next best thing … he had used the Pegesus tractor beam to alter the landing spot of the cable. It was piling up at a cleared near the elevator terminus. The pile of cable on the ground got bigger and bigger.

“Warning … I will be running out of all power in 1 minute … Warning … I will be running out of all power in 1 minute” Peg announced

D’om came scrambling back up to the bridge “What is the status of the matter- anti matter collection?” He asked Peg out of breath.

“Hawking Virtual Particles collection process requires another 2 mins and 50 sec. At present we have only collected 43% of the particles needed for a full weapon charge” Peg informed D’om and D’an.

“Harvest the power now … fuck the full charge!” D’om suggested

“Hang on” Peg warned as she combined the matter and anti-matter in small amounts harvesting the energy. There was a ripple that ran through the ship as she combined the particles but then the power meters stopped dropping and started to head back up in the right direction. After about a minute the last of the cable was piled up and Pegesus released the tractor beams. The ship headed over the space dock facility and gently landed.

D’an, Lya, and D’om looked at each other “SKIZZZZ that was close!” D’an said and then they started to high five each other.

Peg was feeling kind of left out … so she brought out the puns “I was having a “ball” with that string!” She said “Get it … ball of string …”

D’om looked at D’an with a worried expression on his face. Humor was something AI really just did not understand. D’om ordered Peg to stop “Peg please stop”

Peg laughed “Why? I’m not done pulling the string … on the whole near miss space elevator cable disaster!... And maybe I need to string you along about the power drain” Peg said

“PEG STOP IT” D’om said more forcefully.

Peg giggled “why … am I being knotty!”

D’om walked over to the Peg avatar getting ready to shut her down. “Ok … ok … I’ll stop” Peg said she quickly changed the subject. “Before you go outside … You should know a few things” Peg said to D’om, D’an and Lya

“They are approximately 30 guards surrounding this ship right now all with laser pistols drawn and few have the Mk5 Laser blasters as well. That kind of weapon can go through my shielding. The second thing you should know is Usagi Keikai or Kay is on this moon.” D’an groaned when he heard that

“SHE IS HERE!” D’an said.

“Yes” Peg answered. “And the last thing you need to know is … Kay is acting the role of Lieutenant Samantha Marshall, of the United Space Federation. She has told them the Pegasus is currently under official investigation. Her advice to us was to acting as an innocent party”

D’om asked “Who?!”

D’an added “But we were innocent!”

Peg added “I think I’ll help Lya get some boots and then get a nice cup of tea. I have never been to Rabittoshichū before”

There was really nothing else to do … so the group assembled at the debarkation door.

Peg looked at the outfit Lya was wearing and could not resist saying a little catty remark “Do you honestly think you look sexy in something like that?” Peg asked Lya as she grabbed to collar leash.

The door opened and the Captain of the guard said “Put you hand up in the air … You are all being detained for questioning.”

D’an smiled putting his hands up “This is the thank you … I get for saving the city?” He asked as the guarded grabbed everyone and put them into a room for questioning.

An 2 hours later the group was released and standing among the stalls and shop fronts along the main road in the central market district.
 
Last edited:
Lya

Lya and Peg


She snorted. "Not necessarily, but it's what I have to wear. It catches attention enough int he same way a freebie to stare at cleavage while I bend over. I'm not doing it to make someone attracted to me. I'm doing it as a distraction. If they are looking at my breasts or thigh, they aren't paying attention to the face that I may have zoned out to listen to their thoughts."

She smirked and moved to slip the collar into her cloak in case she needed it.

Post-interview

'Well that was fun,' she though to herself as she stepped out into the marketplace with Peg beside her. She wandered the stalls, looking at the different wares, noting the location of some she'd like to return to get, but first... boots.

She wandered to the first stall that sold footwear and started to look around. "Hmmm I want something that will fit. These are too big. What do you think?"

She paused by a display of boots and seemingly studied them, though she was "listening", though for what she didn't know. Anything that related to the guys? Maybe to their cargo? So far all she got was a lot of background noise. She tried to focus on the noise beneath the noise, so to speak, the chatter that was more quiet, or the ones that were more focused.
 
D'an was still dusting at his jacket, mumbling about doing good deeds and how unprofitable it was for them. He shrugged it into a better position, the battered brown leather all scuffed and marred from various adventures, on his hip rode his holster with blaster, he wore a dark shirt and jean-like-material pants, he had used water to push his hair back into their rakish angle, he knew that they would most probably run into Kay and he did not want to get ribbed by her about looking like he had just come out of a holding cell, all-in-all he was not a happy camper at that moment. He paused just outside of Peg's perimeter, the damage was very obvious and it would make another dent in their funds,

"Friggen skizz-head, if I ever see that pirate again I'll kill him. No more nice Rover when it comes to that guy."

He went over to the hull, stroking over the jagged edges, almost like a lover would explore a new scar on his beloved. There was a hard, murderous look in his eyes, there was a lot that D'an was laid-back about, but there was some things you did not mess with. His family, Peg, his weapons and his drink, these four things was the only things that really got him upset if treated wrongly, now Peg was sporting a gaping hole because a man could not take a good turn of revenge. Now it's become personal. Oh sure a laser hole in the chest didn't make things non-personal, but a hole through Peg was just so much worse and D'an swore to himself that if that skizz-for-brains was in one of those escape pods, he'd better stay away from them...far away
 
D'om threw an officers hand off his arm with a hard glare, he wanted to get a good look at Peg's damage. A saddened angry glint began to smolder in his eyes, as he could feel the raw fury coming from D'an. D'om looks into his twins eyes with a slight nod, they most certainly would kill that damned pirate if he shows his face. Slowly raising his hands he follows D'an, trying to recall who the hell ''Kay'' was as he did so.

''Like they're going give a damned we saved thousands of their citizens without being ordered to?! Bro they can't scratch their asses without being given an order! I doubt they could even if they knew how to do it!''

D'om wanted to grab two and knock their head together, but he knew better than to do anything now. He did think to Lya could she alter the laws perceptions of Rovers? Could she even do that type thing at all? As D'om thought about Lya recalling how sexy she was dressed earlier. Too bad she was once a Slave, he'd have to be on his best behavior from now on. No telling how badly she was treated, by Master's, actually hating to think of that word.

''Peg please get us the hell outta here..you know I get claustrophobic in those tiny interrogation rooms''

D'om whispers this under his breath into the com link, with Peg on an encrypted private channel. He was in a cold sweat as he and D'an were separated, both taken to different interrogation rooms. As opposite as the twins actually were, they're at their best side by side. When the Skizz hits the AIU (Air Impeller Unit) you couldn't beat D'an and D'om.
 
Last edited:
Lya

She reached for another pair of boots, then nodded that she'd like to try them on. As she took a seat to try on the boots, she pulled off the old ones, wiggling her toes lightly. Her legs were entirely bared, which seemed to have caught the attendant's attention. She suppressed the smirk and focused on her surroundings.

"... I've tasted better teas..."

"... that thing with his tongue... it should be illegal..."

"... need a decent cargo ship to deliver it..."

On the last one she focused. The voice was male. It wasn't too far from the shop where she was a customer. She concentrated to see if she could "see" who he was. That was harder than it sounded. She tried to pinpoint the voice better, but it wasn't easy when she was actually purchasing and not just wandering around.

She looked at the boots the attendant had brought and smiled lightly, placing her feet into some of the supplest black boots she had ever felt. She wiggled her toes and found that they were a decent fit. She nodded at the man who was trying to sneak peeks up her skirt.

The voice sounded closer, and mentioned a thought about shoes. He was going to come in!

"I'll take them and wear them out." She handed over her ICC and smiled, before looking at Peg.

"Some guy needs a cargo ship. He's going to be walking in, soon."
 
Kay moved on from the communication booth and looked towards the sky. The cannon's managed to break up the cable into enough pieces and several smaller crafts used tractor beams to keep them away from the heavily built up areas. It was only because so many other ships helped out that the Pegasus wasn't interrogated further. Most questions were specifically about why the pirate vessel had opened fire, and why the Rovers had retaliated instead of calling the 'proper channels'.

On paper it was written off as 'Act of Piracy' and filed to be checked over later. For now the clean up was more important, and restoring service to the elevator. But that would take weeks.

It took less than two hours for the blast shelters to release people, and soon the streets were bustling again. She had checked in again, reading through her emails and Peg's reply. A one on one girls meeting? What were the boy's up to? But then again, they probably still hadn't taken up a taste for tea.

There was a small coffee shop and tea house among the market district, so Kay sent a reply indicating its location and a time. An hour should be plenty, and it would give her time to work on finding her target among the stalls and shops. Tea would be an afternoon break.
 
Back
Top