Literotica Authors and Their Books (For Literotica Authors ONLY)

Who are the publishers out there that accept unsolicited manuscripts? And who accepts short stories for publication in anthologies and collections?

Any tips guys?

You might contact this person: [personal info prohibited per our forum guidelines]

This is a suggestion, not a recommendation by me of either them or you. They don't pay much and they take a long time paying, but you might be able to get some idea of what you can do. Good luck. :cool:
 
By george I did it

Latest Update

I got a reply - finally - from the Editor of Australian Penthouse for a short erotic story I had submitted earlier in the year for their consideration and lo and behold it was accepted and I will be paid - which is just the gravy really. Getting my first fictional piece accepted is "the bomb".

So all the Aussies on Lit have my permission to buy the Feb edition and look me up
in the Diversions section :p


WooHoo
 
Latest Update

I got a reply - finally - from the Editor of Australian Penthouse for a short erotic story I had submitted earlier in the year for their consideration and lo and behold it was accepted and I will be paid - which is just the gravy really. Getting my first fictional piece accepted is "the bomb".

So all the Aussies on Lit have my permission to buy the Feb edition and look me up
in the Diversions section :p


WooHoo

~~~

WooHoo to you too! Congrats!

amicus
 
Heavenly Bodies OUT NOW!

http://www.amazon.com/Heavenly-Bodi...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254697857&sr=8-1

IN PRINT NOW from Renaissance E-books!
Real erotica, full of pain intermingled with pleasure. Love makes the sexual scenes more powerful. Sensuality Level: Scorching! Ann Leveille, Sensual Reviews Two exceptional novellas of fantasy and eros by the author Coffee Time Romance calls it Amazing and rates Four Stars!

In Sacrifice, Ares, the God of War, is banished from Olympus, falls in love with a mortal woman and is called upon to make a very unusual sacrifice if he wants to keep her.

In Echo’s Odyssey, the wars of faery are over, but for the assassin Echo and his lover Alexandrya, a new war is just beginning. They return to faery expecting to be reunited with the third member of their triad, the princess Serenissa, only to find she and faery itself are threatened by even greater peril.

Heavenly Bodies is a pair of erotic, romantic adventures dealing with carnal love between humans and gods and fairies with their heavenly bodies! Sascha Illyvich is the author of the novels The Gift of Her Submission, Light and Shadow and Dark Traders, among others. His short fiction has appeared on Literotica, and in many anthologies, including Nectar of the Gods and Caught in the Middle.

The sensual tone of the story flowed ... the language and situations were believable. Fans will enjoy [his] heart-touching romances. Coffee Time Romance Reviews “Sascha Illyvich is a wonderful, erotic storyteller. He turns you on and tugs your heartstrings- at the same time” - Sabrina Smith Moses, erotica poet and author.

http://shop.renebooks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ILLYVICH-14
 
Not a stupid question

Who are the publishers out there that accept unsolicited manuscripts? And who accepts short stories for publication in anthologies and collections?

Any tips guys?

Claudette,

Best piece of advice on this I can give you is to check what each publisher's GL's (guidelines) are in regards to those things you've asked about. Each and every publisher is different when it comes to unsolicited material and if they are currently accepting submissions. Check the latest version of the Writer's Market and also see which publisher you are interested in by searching online and seeing if they are open to submissions and what their individual GL's are. Most good pubs out there list that info online and in some cases the info is more up-to-date than in the Writer's Market. Hope this helps...:)
 
The next book in my Second Chance series is now up in Fictionwise. Second Chance: King of Golomon is the eighth in the series. The Second Chance series is still selling well and I'm currently working on the ninth Second Chance novel. As usual, Terri did a great cover!

Richard-SCGolomon.jpg
 
Claudette,

Best piece of advice on this I can give you is to check what each publisher's GL's (guidelines) are in regards to those things you've asked about. Each and every publisher is different when it comes to unsolicited material and if they are currently accepting submissions. Check the latest version of the Writer's Market and also see which publisher you are interested in by searching online and seeing if they are open to submissions and what their individual GL's are. Most good pubs out there list that info online and in some cases the info is more up-to-date than in the Writer's Market. Hope this helps...:)

I can't find the original question on this, so I'll play off Eroscribe67's answer. A great source for what short story print and publishers are out there and what they are open to and will accept as an unsolicited submission can be found on the Duotrope Web site. You should be able to find it by googling.
 
Help Me, Rhonda - available now!

3643924815_e84cbb851e_m.jpg


Help Me, Rhonda
by Vivian Vincent


Kailey Hamilton was your typical high school nerd. Everyone made fun of her and she had few friends. She had a crush on the star quarterback and captain of the football team.

Scott Thompson, the star quarterback, is afraid to admit his feelings for Kailey. He's got a bright future ahead of him with a full scholarship to the University of Michigan. When he fails Calculus, his scholarship is on the line and he calls on Kailey to tutor him for summer school.

Kailey ends up spending the weekend at Scott's house babysitting his younger brother. She tries to avoid Scott as much as possible after he unexpectedly kisses her.

When Scott finds an old box left by his father, he's skeptical about what's inside. Kailey's curiosity gets the better of her and she unleashes the magic of the box. Her only wish is to make herself better for the people she loves. Can she win the heart of the quarterback and have her own happily ever after?

=====

Read an excerpt:

Scott sat in shock as he watched Kailey quickly head down the hall to Jeremy's room. When he looked up at her after he'd finished the problem in the book, he was close enough to kiss her. He could have leaned in and pressed his lips to hers without even a second thought. She must have realized it too because she took off like a cat with its tail on fire.

I was gonna kiss Kailey! What the hell was I thinking?

He had to admit to himself he was attracted to her and it scared the shit out of him. He wondered what his friends would say if he and Kailey started dating. Then he wondered why he even cared. He could date whomever he wanted and didn't have to ask anyone's permission.

But Kailey Hamilton?

Okay, so the idea was ludicrous. Shaking his head to clear himself of the thought, he watched as Kailey slowly made her way back to the dining room table. She sat across from him this time, making sure to keep plenty of distance between them. Without glancing up at him, she thumbed through the book and found another problem for him to solve.

She handed him the book and watched as he looked it over then began to work it out on the paper. Scott glanced up from what he was doing every now and then to see Kailey sitting there staring at him. She looked like she was off in her own little world. A strand of hair had come loose from her ponytail and without thinking, Scott reached out and tucked it behind her ear.

Touching her skin was like nothing he'd ever felt before. Tiny jolts of electricity shot up his arm and through his body. He pulled his hand away quickly as if he'd been burned and watched as Kailey's cheeks turned an interesting shade of pink. His hands were shaking when he finally finished the problem and handed her the paper and this time it was him who needed to put a bit of distance between them.

"You want another Coke?" Scott asked when he walked into the kitchen.

Kailey didn't answer him, instead she just stared at the paper he'd put in front of her and felt a pleasant tingling sensation where he'd touched her.

What the hell's happening to me?


"Kay?" Scott asked from the doorway.

"Um--what?"

"I asked if you wanted another Coke."

"Oh, yes, please," she said, finally snapping out of her trance and picking up the paper in front of her.

Scott returned to the table and handed her the Coke while he watched her go over his work. He wasn't so sure he'd gotten this one right and Kailey's expression was unreadable. After what seemed like an hour, but was only a few minutes, she laid the paper down and took her glasses off. She rubbed the spot on her nose where her glasses rested then looked up at him.

He felt his breath catch in his throat when he gazed into her eyes without her glasses. They were an unusual color, not quite brown, but not quite green either. He couldn't even really consider them hazel, but one thing he did know, they were the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen in his life. He couldn't tear his eyes away from hers until she finally looked away and began to speak.

"Okay, you got this one only partially right, Scott." Her voice was shaky and she tried desperately to control her rapidly beating heart. What the hell just happened? she wondered again.

"Which part?" He forced himself to focus on Calculus and not on pulling her to him and kissing her senseless. It's Kailey Hamilton for Christ sakes! he scolded himself.

"This part right here," she pointed to a spot on the paper.

"I can't read it sideways, why don't you come back over here?" Scott replied.

Kailey slid the paper across to him then slowly made her way around the table to sit beside him again. She pointed to the parts he got wrong on the paper, put her glasses back on, then flipped the page over and began working out the problem on her own.

When she looked up again, Scott was just inches away from her. He reached up, pulled off her glasses and set them down on the table. He tucked another strand of hair behind her ear, then closed the gap between them and brushed his lips gently against hers.

Kailey froze on the spot. She'd never been kissed by a boy before and here was the most popular guy in school pressing his lips to hers and running his tongue along the corners of her mouth. She'd read enough women's magazines to know how to kiss, but had never actually done it. She opened her mouth to allow him access and whimpered low in her throat when his tongue snaked into her mouth.

Scott broke the kiss and rested his forehead against hers. "Kailey Hamilton," he whispered.

She quickly jumped to her feet then ran to the guest room and locked the door. She slid down the length and rested her head on her knees. She just got kissed senseless by the captain of the football team then ran away.

God, I'm the biggest nerd on the planet!
she thought and felt tears stream down her cheeks.

--

This title also available at All Romance E-books:
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-helpmerhonda-364295-140.html


=====

Look for all my available titles at my website:
http://www.vivianvincent.2ya.com

 
My latest, Cat's Eye, came out a couple off weeks ago from Phaze. (www.phaze.com)

CatsEye.jpg


October, 2009
ISBN 978-1-60659-544-2

Life is not a pleasant thing. It is something you survive, not enjoy. This is what Bonnie knows and what she has lived. Hope is something for politicians, preachers and salespeople. That's what life has taught her. Reality is pain.

When Todd Lundquist extended his hand and offered something else, Bonnie reacted the way life had taught her. By defending what she had and ignoring the hope of something better. But she never forgot what he did and she never forgave herself for saying no. And she most certainly never forgot what she saw…

In the blink of an eye, everything that Bonnie knew about life changed.

Five years have passed. And now, beyond hope, she has another chance to take that outstretched hand. But why is Todd back? What is so special about her? And most important of all…what is so special about him?
 
Over The Moon Anthology: Moon Shy.

overthemoonmed.jpg



My first Werewolf story features in the latest anthology release from Total-E-Bound.

Moon Shy by Victoria Blisse

Lowell is a werewolf. Desdemona is a werewolf. That is where the similarities end.

Desdemona takes great joy in the full moon. She maims and kills with enthusiasm and wishes she could be a werewolf every day. Lowell hates what he is. He wishes that the full moon would only come around once in a million years.

Jenny is a sweet girl who often acts before she thinks, especially when a man is involved. She finds herself between these two werewolves. She loves Lowell, he was her school crush way back when. Desdemona is her superior and makes her working life a misery.

But which werewolf will have Jenny in the end? Will Desdemona succeed in killing her during the full moon, or will Lowell be able to keep her safe and in the dark about his horrific secret? It comes down to a fight between two werewolves, one Moon lover and one Moon Shy. Who will win?

Reader Advisory: This story contains scenes of graphic violence.


Wooo!
 
My 19th novel is now up in Club Lighthouse. Second Chance: King of The Sky continues the adventure. Justin sees to the re-establishment of an ancient empire in the South Continent. Along the way he must battle the Sky Path people and the King of a South Continent country.
 
Dark Diva Reviews is now doing a "book of the month" poll that includes its top-rated books of the previous month. This month's poll is at http://darkdivasreviews.webs.com/bookofthemonthpoll.htm.

I have two books in this month's voting--Cigars!, a GM anthology, written with my cowriter, Sabb, under the name Shabbu, and a straight anthology, Triple Scream.

You might see another favorite read of your own you can vote for in this poll. The entry listings lead to their original Dark Diva reviews, so you might also find this poll useful in shopping for your next erotica e-book read.
 
Heidi and the Kaiser is out today! ;)




Mousy little Heidi is a wanna-be designer who works as nothing more than a glorified go-fer for one of the largest and most well-known companies in the world of fashion. When she accidentally stains CEO Warren Kaiser’s pants, she gets two things she didn’t expect—a spanking…and a job. Kaiser hires her as his assistant, and her “training” proves to be quite a test of surrender.

EXCERPT:

Kaiser’s office building was downtown, and between traffic and finding parking, it was 11:58 a.m. by the time she burst through the main doors of the skyscraper to ask where she could find his office at the front desk. It wasn’t until that moment, with the security guard staring at her bare legs, that she realized she was still dressed for the beach in shorts and a t-shirt.

“What floor?” the woman in the pinstriped suit with the short dark bob asked as Heidi slipped onto the elevator.

“Forty-eight,” she murmured, still out of breath.

The numbers seemed to take forever to tick by, people getting on, getting off, and every time she looked at her watch, another minute had passed. By the time the elevator opened at her floor, it was 12:05 p.m. No one got off with her, and as the doors closed behind her, she looked around for a receptionist, but there was no one at the desk.

She adjusted her backpack on her shoulder—to her left was a closed door, and to her right was a hallway. As she stood, shifting from foot to foot and considering, the door to her left opened, revealing Mr. Kaiser looking at his watch.

“Five minutes late, Heidi.” He waved her in. “Come in. Take a seat.” Her belly did a little flip as she brushed by him, putting her backpack on the floor at her feet as she sat in one of the leather, wing-backed chairs facing his desk.

“I’m sorry.” She was still a little breathless as he shut the door and sat across from her. “Lenny didn’t give me your note until this morning.” Digging into her pocket, she pulled out the folded paper and held it out to him—her invitation to be here. He just leaned back, tenting his fingers, looking at the note, and eventually she let it flutter to the desk, clasping her quivering hands in her lap.

“Do you know why I asked you here?”

She shook her head, feeling her ass clenched in the chair, her thighs damp and sticking to the leather.

He frowned. “When you answer me, Heidi, I would appreciate either a spoken ‘yes’ or ‘no,’ followed by ‘Mr. Kaiser’ or ’sir.’ Do you think you can comply?”

“Oh.” She flushed, nodding, and said, “Yes, sir.”

“Now, about the reason I asked you here…” His eyes moved over her face, down to her outfit, very similar to what she had worn the day before. “It is my general impression that you don’t enjoy your job.”

Heidi opened her mouth to deny it and saw him raise his eyebrows, as if he knew what she meant to say. “Yes… sir. That’s true.”

He gave a brief nod. “I thought perhaps we might find something better suited to you at Kaiser.” She stared at him, all the breath gone from her body. Was he going to offer her a job in design?

“Can you type?” he asked, immediately dashing her hopes.

“Yes, sir.” She frowned.

He leaned forward in his chair, folding his hands and resting his arms on the desk. “You may have noticed that I don’t have an office assistant out front? My last secretary was with me for eight years, and I have yet to find a replacement for her. It’s been several months, now, and I admit, I’m becoming frustrated and I really do need someone.”

Heidi took a deep breath, glancing around the office. “I’ve never been anyone’s secretary.”

He shook his head, smiling. “Irrelevant. You have what I need.”

“I… do?” She met his eyes, her breath coming a little faster as she squirmed in her seat. His eyes were dark, moving over her, and she couldn’t help remembering the incident in the bathroom.

“I need someone who can follow orders.” He leaned back in his chair again and she could see the memory of yesterday in his eyes. “Who would be willing to do whatever I asked. You showed me yesterday that you are… quite willing.”

Heidi swallowed, pressing her damp palms to her shorts. “I’m not sure I know what you mean?”

“Yes, you do.” His eyes were smiling. “I compensate very well. You would be my assistant, answering my calls, handing my correspondence and taking care of my professional and personal needs during the day. Would you be interested in such an arrangement?”

It wasn’t the promise if money or the poshness of his office, or even the fact that he was the head of one of the richest fashion companies in the world—it was the way he looked at her, with nothing concealed or disguised. His eyes saw directly through her, and there was no smugness in the way it appeared as if he had her figured out, because he had. They both knew it, and there was only one answer she could give him.

“Yes.” She squeezed her hands together, her legs, too. “Sir.”

He gave her a nod. “Good. I think we’ll both be satisfied with the arrangement.”

Opening the top drawer of his desk, he withdrew a large white envelope and slid it across the blotter. Heidi didn’t know if she should take it or not, so she kept her hands clasped, just looking from him to the envelope.

“This contains general information about Kaiser, which you have already, of course, since you are essentially already in my employ,” he explained. “There is also a contract and information about duties as well as your salary and benefits.”

She nodded, looking at his hand, the buffed, square nails, resting on the stark envelope. Her bottom tingled, remembering how red his palm had been after he spanked her. Shifting in her seat, she crossed one knee over the other, trying to make herself more comfortable with the yearning ache between her legs.

“If, for some reason, you read those over and change your mind…” He nodded toward the envelope. “You simply need to tell me, and you will consequently stay in your current position.”

“I can’t imagine why I would object.”

“No.” He smiled. “I don’t imagine you will. In spite of the apparent haste of my offer, I actually choose my assistants quite carefully.”

Standing, he leaned his palms on the desk blotter, his eyes moving down the front of her t-shirt, looking at her hands in her lap. “Now, there is just the matter of your tardiness.”

Her heart leapt and she met his eyes, feeling faint. “My… tardiness?”

Mr. Kaiser reached underneath the desk and Heidi heard the door behind her lock. The sound made her mouth go dry.

“One of the things that I cannot abide is lateness.” He reached down and unbuckled his belt. She felt faint as she watched it slipping through the loops of his pants. “And you will find that I am quite unorthodox in my methods of discipline.”

He snapped the belt in his hands and she jumped, gasping, her hand going to her throat as she stared at him. Doubling it over, he slapped it against his palm, the belt whistling and then smacking his flesh. Heidi sat and wondered how much it would sting and she wiggled her bottom against the chair.

“It’s a Vincente.” He gave her a small smile. “Italian. Calf-skin, medium weight. Makes a nice sound, doesn’t it?” She couldn’t speak, she couldn’t move, all she could seem to do was stare at the belt in his hands as her whole body flushed with a trembling heat.

“Heidi?” He cocked his head, reminding her. “I asked you a question.”

“Yes, sir.” She drew a shaky breath.

“Come here,” he instructed, and she recognized the tone immediately and obeyed, moving around to his side of the desk, amazed that her legs were holding her weight at all given how much they were shaking.

“You remember this?” He tilted her chin up and she met his eyes, nodding. “Everything pulled down and bend over.”
 
My 19th novel, Second Chance: King of The Sky is now up in Fictionwise, as well as Club Lighthouse Publications. Terrie again did a very nice cover for me.

Richard-SCSky.jpg
 
My first published book!

[size=+1]Young Blood[/size]
by Eve McFadden (aka PennLady)
the sequel to Exiled
is now available at RepublicaPress.com

On the run from the Vampire Queen, Sean Carson seeks refuge with a pack of weres. When he leaves to confront her, weretiger Jura Griet goes with him. Neither are prepared for what they discover along the way.

More: http://www.republicapress.com/Young-Blood.aspx

ISBN: 978-0-9813349-3-6
Published: 12/16/2009
Pages: 333 (pdf)
Words: 86,846
Formats: Adobe PDF, MobiPocket, and ePUB
Price: $4.99
 
Back
Top