Literotica’s All-time ‘most Votes/Comments Received’ List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
My names Gabby and I’m writing on behalf of my boss who is in the
process of preparing a list of all Literotica stories that have amassed at
least 1000 votes from readers. Since Literotica has a “Most Read”
and a “Highest Rated” story list but not one for “Most Votes
Received” list, he has decided to make one himself.

The list which is temporarily located in the ‘Story Feedback’ Forum
on the Literotica Bulletin Board. Congratulations!

Address is: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=539037

I’m sending you this message because we hope to have a 100% accurate
and comprehensive list and so would like to know if you have any
stories that qualify. Although I haven't been able to find any 1000 vote
stories by yourself many readers have mentioned your name as one of the
most popular authors on Literotica.

Please let us know if you have any stories that qualify, we look
forward to hearing back from you,
Gabriella
For ‘scouries’
James R Scouries


Received the above today.... proving once again that most popular doesn't equate to most votes?? :rolleyes:

Like Cloudy, I haven't checked my scores in months, I have no idea. Not everyone is obsessed with scores and "H's" and votes, you know. :eek:
 
OK, I'll jump in here with something of the original topic. I was contacted about my over 1K hit story, Brenda's Erotica. Of course I am happy that my work is well received, and even got a big H on this one and an award for Best Illustrated Story a couple years ago.

However, I don't do my erotica (porn) for others, I do it for my own twisted amusement. I do like to share it with others and appreciate when others like it. It is sort of a connectedness to find others who enjoy the same lusts as I. I do answer those feedbacks that seem sincere and don't just give me some vulgar comment about how they shot off or whatever (unless the vulgar comment has some other redeeming words with it).

The piece that got all the views and recognition was particularly a work of love and my late wife Brenda liked it as well. It was biographical and as with all my erotica is based on what I know.

So, I am not particularly obsessed with the numbers, but I do like to see how people like my work. I don't think I have any other stories that went over 1K, haven't checked the numbers recently.
 
lost message??

Gee whiz. I posted this at 10:30 am this morning and now I come back from the beach and its gone. What gives?

Hi, it’s [size=+2]Gabby[/size] again!

Plow/ploy? Gosh Miss Kitten, and everyone had said how nice you used to be! But you know…there is something to be said for a big, well handled plow sliding into a well lubricated furrow. ….

But wow! I’m really happy sweetsubsarahh came over here. I was just about to send you an e-mail maam. In my quest to find all the 1000+ vote stories I’m trying to contact all Literotica authors who have stories on the All-Time Top 500 ‘Most Read’ list. But then I checked your story, “Anal Sex (Gasp!): A Hands-On Manuel” and found that your story is almost there (985 VOTES!). So I’m going to ask a favor of everyone reading this thread: PLEASE GO AND VOTE FOR THIS WONDERFUL STORY RIGHT NOW!

With any luck we can have it on the list by tomorrow. I just cast my vote! 986 NOW! The boss is going to vote for it too! Congrats honey on joining the club – the most exclusive one here on LITEROTICA. And you’re right, it is better than mastrubation.

Let’s all hope that the un-anal Miss K gets around to reading it soon!

MORE *** GOOD *** NEWS​

I’ve received word from various sources that one of Literotica’s most famous daughters, the brilliant authoress known as SARAHHH has two or three stories that belong on the list.

I’m just waiting confirmation from sarahhh herself, a confirmation that hopefully will come in the next few days. Unfortunately the poor girl has been hard to get hold of due to a poor communication system in the Pittsburgh area hospital where she’s recovering from her recent mishap.

I did get to talk to her personal physician though and he told me that she’d soon be completely healed and that she didn’t lose any teeth in the incident even though her jaw will have to remain wired shut for another month.

And while this may displease certain of her male kinfolk the young girl’s future health is far more important than their sexual gratification!

Get well soon honey! We’re all thinkng of you.

* * * * *​

Looking for Mr. TheeGoatPig and Mr. Alex De Kok: Both of you gentlemen have a Top 500 ‘Most Read’ story. Mr.Pig for the story “Over the Sink Ch. 01” which has 400,000+ views and is #248; and Mr. Kok whose story, “Karen”, has over 459,000 views and is #176 on the list.

I’m very interested in learning if either of your stories meet the qualifying threshhold – please advise.

* * * * *​

NOTE FOR MISS M-Y-Erotica: Thanks for answering. It’s always great to hear back from someone who’s made the list. As to your suggestion on providing links and categories I’ll try to get around to it once I’ve caught up with my present work backlog. Maybe sometime in September.

Thanks all,

[size=+2]Gabby[/size]
 
Last edited:
scouries said:
Plow/ploy? Gosh Miss Kitten, and everyone had said how nice you used to be! But you know…there is something to be said for a big, well handled plow sliding into a well lubricated furrow. ….

Hmm, there's that rumor again, and I do everything in my power to squash it. I'm sorry if you found offense, I find some of what Scouries and his different alts have said and done to be particularly offensive. So far you must be the nice personality, as opposed to scribbles and his whiny puppy personality.

I don't qualify for your list, I don't believe, but that's okay with me. I'd rather talk about tribbles personally then to know which story has the most votes. I don't read a story because of it's votes or reads. I read them if I like what the author has written before or if a title catches my interest.

Now there's a list for you. The top one hundred most interesting titles. You should try that one, that I might even find worth going through. Until that time, you keep doing your thing scouries, and I'll keep doing mine and never the two shall meet.
 
M-Y-Erotica said:
Hello everyone. It's been like 9 months since I was a regular poster, so... hello!

It appears that I've walked into some odd personality play / conflict by being contacted by Gabby about this votes list. It's hard not to notice that the person organizing the list happens to have the story on the top of it. That said, I do see some usefulness to the thing.

If well-maintained, it can be a slightly different version of a Top Reads list that could help many in finding stories they might like. After all, not all popular stories are highly rated. If advertising to readers is the goal, I think it would be great, Gabby/scouries, if you 1) add links to the story so that someone can go read them easily, and 2) add the category it is in. For instance, I don't enjoy nonconsent stories, no matter how popular or well done, so I would like to know before clicking where the link is taking me.

Have fun doing the list.

M-Y

Disconnect time. Both this and Scouries credit this list with showing what it doesn't show. It doesn't show who the greatest authors are (Scouries's claim) nor, as M-Y-Erotica seems to claim, do stories with the highest numbers of votes reflect the highest rated stories (a thousand 2 votes would indicate a pretty dismal story). The list given here is of the stories with the greatest number of votes--that someone with too much time on his/her hands has pulled out of a manual search of the database (and maybe or maybe not gotten it right).

As far as the best indicator of a good read, if you could subtract out the factor of the author and friends leaning on the "open" and "5" buttons (which you can't), the combination of "most story reads" and "highest combined rating," would seem the best guide to readers looking for the stories others have been attracted to the most and liked the best--and Lit. already has those lists.
 
drksideofthemoon said:
Ignoring everything else, there is a major problem. The data set that Scouries has used is flawed. I would imagnine he went through the top-lists and culled his list from that. The problem is, none of his stories appear in the top-lists. But, he has seen fit to include his own work anyway. So, if his stories actually have that many votes, there's a good chance that there are other stories with equally high numbers that don't appear.

The bottom line is this a fine example of someone shaping the data to make it fit the way they want it to.

For example, the story with the most hits on Lit, 4.4 million, stands a good chance of breaking the 10,000 vote mark, but is no where to be seen on this flawed, and hence, meaningless list.

Exactly. The list, like scours himself, is a load of bullshit. Self-serving bullshit, but then, I expect no less from him and all his alternative personalities.
 
sr71plt said:
nor, as M-Y-Erotica seems to claim, do stories with the highest numbers of votes reflect the highest rated stories (a thousand 2 votes would indicate a pretty dismal story)
Sorry that I expressed myself so poorly. I was attempting to say what you did, which is that there may be stories with a high vote count which may not in fact be all that highly rated. If a vote is worth anything, then this could be useful to other readers in search of stories they will like. I just had a bunch of theories about what votes mean and don't mean, but I've deleted all that.

In the end, all that a list of this sort says is that over a thousand people took the time to click on a button at the end of the story. The story was good enough (or exasperating enough) to inspire a button click. It's not a terribly useful indicator, but it isn't meaningless.

Of course it is much less helpful if all legitimate stories are not on it.
 
M-Y-Erotica said:
Sorry that I expressed myself so poorly. I was attempting to say what you did, which is that there may be stories with a high vote count which may not in fact be all that highly rated. If a vote is worth anything, then this could be useful to other readers in search of stories they will like. I just had a bunch of theories about what votes mean and don't mean, but I've deleted all that.

In the end, all that a list of this sort says is that over a thousand people took the time to click on a button at the end of the story. The story was good enough (or exasperating enough) to inspire a button click. It's not a terribly useful indicator, but it isn't meaningless.

Of course it is much less helpful if all legitimate stories are not on it.

but....the votes may also all be ones. In theory, a story could have thousands of votes, and still only have a score of 2.1 or something.

So, number of votes is meaningless.
 
Please excuse me. I know that I've been away for a few days, but can anyone tell me who this Gabby person is? I'm confused. Is it a separate entity, or is it that scouries person?
 
SweetWitch said:
Please excuse me. I know that I've been away for a few days, but can anyone tell me who this Gabby person is? I'm confused. Is it a separate entity, or is it that scouries person?
The jury is still out but we're taking bets on when he/she will out her/hisself. You want in?
 
SweetWitch said:
What's the tally?
Let's just put it this way, whoever gets the right date and time is going to be making himself a nice penny...
 
Daniellekitten said:
Let's just put it this way, whoever gets the right date and time is going to be making himself a nice penny...
Give me a day to think about it. I could use a dime or two of that.
 
He outed himself in the first post with the British spellings, something he does constantly in his writing with supposed American characters. The subterfuge, as usual, is so thin as to be laughable.

Lack of attention to detail, one of his many flaws in life and in art.

He also exposes himself with his perpetual victim mentality, by assuming that someone has deleted a post to silence him, when in fact the post is still sitting there.

Strike two.

Strike three will be forthcoming in the next post by "Gabby", but he's already out anyway *laugh*

He has another Alt running around other threads as well, I believe. We'll see in time.
 
Last edited:
So, putting all of this together, Gaby- you don't mind if I call you Gaby, do you, as if that were your real name? - what you really need to work on is a table that shows the number of "views," the category (so we can take account of the fact that incest and mature stories attract an enormous number of views, and romance readers tend to rate their stories a little higher), the votes (since that seems to be important to your friend, and since, together with the number of views, would tell us the percentage of viewers who actually made it to the end (or skipped there) and felt strongly enough about the story to vote), and the score (since that would tell us what they did when they got there). This might actually be a useful table. Maybe you can get Brandy and Tiffany to help you. Let us know when it's done, please. Thanks!
 
MarshAlien said:
So, putting all of this together, Gaby- you don't mind if I call you Gaby, do you, as if that were your real name? - what you really need to work on is a table that shows the number of "views," the category (so we can take account of the fact that incest and mature stories attract an enormous number of views, and romance readers tend to rate their stories a little higher), the votes (since that seems to be important to your friend, and since, together with the number of views, would tell us the percentage of viewers who actually made it to the end (or skipped there) and felt strongly enough about the story to vote), and the score (since that would tell us what they did when they got there). This might actually be a useful table. Maybe you can get Brandy and Tiffany to help you. Let us know when it's done, please. Thanks!
Brandy and Tiffany? Why not Buffy and Mindy? I might think you were prejudiced Mr. Alien.

My sister has a dog named Gaby, I wonder if they are related?
 
I keep looking at Scourie's listing and wondering how many WANKS committed by the unwashed masses are represented by the numbers. :eek:
 
Jenny_Jackson said:
I keep looking at Scourie's listing and wondering how many WANKS committed by the unwashed masses are represented by the numbers. :eek:
JJ you have such a way with words...ick! :p
 
Jenny_Jackson said:
I keep looking at Scourie's listing and wondering how many WANKS committed by the unwashed masses are represented by the numbers. :eek:

You don't think they washed afterward either? :eek:
 
MarshAlien said:
You don't think they washed afterward either? :eek:
So tell me Mr. Alien sir, what does one have to do to get on your sigline?
 
Daniellekitten said:
So tell me Mr. Alien sir, what does one have to do to get on your sigline?

Actually, I almost added you to the signature when you wrote something like "MarshAlien always makes me laugh," except that I didn't think, in good conscience, that I could drop the, "even when he's not trying to." And I didn't think, in good conscience, that I ought to be advertising the fact that even my serious stuff is funny.
 
If the sox writer would come back we could get some more good "Fuckwaffle" lines for our sigs :D


I miss Jammies and her stories.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top