What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made it through seven interviews before being turned down by a company this week... it boiled down to finances, and they didn't reject me because I wasn't a good fit; they rejected me because they knew it would be too financially risky [for me].

I got an email this evening from the recruiting manager [my very first interview]. She just wanted to reach out to me and let me know that in spite of being unable to offer me the position, the entire executive team was impressed with me, and they would still love to hire me, should my situation ever change.

I cannot begin to explain how much that meant, in the midst of this mountain of fear and rejection I've been climbing...

I spent the afternoon with Kitty, cleaning my house. (God bless her.) Then, she dyed my hair for me. She's passed out now, and I'm smiling because my house is half-clean and because, well, Kitty time. :)

Finding a mysterious, intact, still wrapped chocolate easter bunny in the back room of the house, under a mound of bags, and having it miraculously still be good. Sharing that bad boy with someone I care about was an anachronistic pleasure. :D

Calling my 93 year old grandfather to wish him a happy birthday. Talking with him always lightens my day and makes me smile. Plus the good news he told me outweighted the bad and that doesn't happen for him much anymore so I'm feeling quite excited for him!

Getting a text from my friend asking me to go out tonight with her on her "date". First one after her divorce. I'm so happy for her.

So I made it through seven interviews before being turned down by a company this week... it boiled down to finances, and they didn't reject me because I wasn't a good fit; they rejected me because they knew it would be too financially risky [for me].

I got an email this evening from the recruiting manager [my very first interview]. She just wanted to reach out to me and let me know that in spite of being unable to offer me the position, the entire executive team was impressed with me, and they would still love to hire me, should my situation ever change.

I cannot begin to explain how much that meant, in the midst of this mountain of fear and rejection I've been climbing...

I'm so glad that you got that call. I know it's tough, but just a simple gesture such as that can mean so much! Hang in there Cutie and I wish you luck!

Not actually today, but a few days ago; I'm just late posting it.

Kaley Cuoco (Penny, "The Big Bang Theory") appeared on Letterman. He noticed and commented on the paint job on her nails. She described them (silver on the half-moon area and purple {I think} on the tips) as her school colors, and gave them a name, which then appeared - well, sort of - in the closed captions below the picture: "A reverse Frenchman cure."

ETA: Oops! I forgot the ending... we looked at one another and almost simultaneously said, "We've got to invent a position to go with that name!"

(For the hungover folks in the crowd, what Ms. Cuoco said was, "Reverse French manicure.")

Last edited:
Finding this

Finding this website, the stories, and what appears to be a fun community, has and is making me smile!

being at home today..no back pain..my fiance' texting me from work telling me that he misses me and can't wait to get home tonight...made me smile...

Got the saxophone yesterday, cleaned and did a maintenance job<as much as I know how> and she blew into it. Right in my face. The smile that came from her was one of pure joy.... she said something but it took a few minutes for the ringing in my ears to stop. Afterwards, I asked her what she said. She told me, "Mom, that is the coolest thing ever. Thanks!"

This is going to be pure hell, but seeing her happy is what matters.

Found my passport and all packed for my trip.

Getting ready to go out for lunch with a group of friends.

Knowing that someone very special is feeling more like themselves after a difficult time in their life.

Getting to hike in the beautiful weather today. Sometimes I wish it could be fall all year long.

Found my passport and all packed for my trip.

Getting ready to go out for lunch with a group of friends.

Knowing that someone very special is feeling more like themselves after a difficult time in their life.

Enjoy your trip, and hang onto that passport. ;)

Getting to hike in the beautiful weather today. Sometimes I wish it could be fall all year long.

A nice early Autumn day is nature's way of taunting you with what the weather is like in California.

Got the saxophone yesterday, cleaned and did a maintenance job<as much as I know how> and she blew into it. Right in my face. The smile that came from her was one of pure joy.... she said something but it took a few minutes for the ringing in my ears to stop. Afterwards, I asked her what she said. She told me, "Mom, that is the coolest thing ever. Thanks!"

This is going to be pure hell, but seeing her happy is what matters.

This post made me giggle.

I had the weirdest dream.

I had to "save" people from what was assumed a human trafficking tunnel. Only it was under a local supermarket, which I thought was a bit weird. Everyone seemed to think there was some kind of a badass criminal thing going on. I saw a person emerge out of a drain (which for some reason was inside the the store) looking very scared. I went talk to her and she promised to tell me what's going on as long as I don't tell anyone.

It turned out they were people, who usually go to another supermarket chain to do their groceries and have these loyal customer bonus cards for that one. Sometimes they want to use the other one, the one with the tunnel, but they can't come in through the door, because people in the other chain might get angry and they'd lose their bonuses.

We just got our card on Thursday. Probably shouldn't have, it's clearly stressing me out.

Amazing morning. Great time with my friends, and then more fun 'racing' a different group on my single speed, picking them off one by one around corners on a long downhill, turning the pedals over at 140 RPM...when it's good like that, it's almost as good as sex.

J

A spontaneous overnight in a gorgeous hotel. Every time we had sex, 10 minutes later we heard the couple next door going at it. One time I heard the woman say, "Do you think they heard it that time?" and then they both laughed. Definitely put a smile on my face. What made me laugh was slipping a note under their door before we left that said, "We had a great visit. We hope that you enjoyed hearing us as much as we enjoyed hearing you."

What made me laugh was slipping a note under their door before we left that said, "We had a great visit. We hope that you enjoyed hearing us as much as we enjoyed hearing you."

This is fantastic!!!

I want to receive a note like that as much as I want to write it, now. :cool:

Cali, that reminds me of this song by Owl City
http://youtu.be/gtsX8H7xSek

If you don't want to watch the video here's the lyrics.

Met a girl in the parking lot,
And all I did was say hello.
Her pepper spray made it rather hard
For me to walk her home,
But I guess that's the way it goes.

Tell me again was it love at first sight
When I walked by and you caught my eye.
Didn't you know love could shine this bright?
Well smile because you're the deer in the headlights.

Met a girl with a graceful charm,
But when beauty met the beast he froze.
Got the sense I was not her type
By black eye and bloody nose,
But I guess that's the way it goes.

Well smile because you're the deer in the headlights.

It's suffocating to say,
But the female mystique takes my breath away.
So give me a smile or give me a sneer,
'Cause I'm trying to guess here.

I'm sorry I ever tried, deer in the headlights.

If life was a game, you would never play nice.
If love was a beam, you'd be blind in both eyes.
Put your sunglasses on 'cause you're a deer in the headlights.

You're the deer in the headlights.
You're the deer in the headlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back