Continental Privateer (Open PM First)

She started to wake up since she wasn't woken up on six bells, she stretched a bit and cleaned up a little bit. Smiling a bit as she relaxed and got dressed in fresh clothing, she was looking around seeing the men scurry about and didn't know what was going on. But looking up she could see the sky was full of very thick clouds. Which wasn't good in the least, and right now things were not looking to good. So she walked up to the captain slowly and waited for him to finish speaking to his men. "Captain what's going on?"
 
"Tis a fine day, Lee" he turned and smiled, "Not a care for us, less be alert. but a fine wind and a weatherly ship such as ours. We will land in Boston in three days hence." He was happy that the progress was going well, though the Doilphin and his crew were still behind, they were still with them and the sea was clear of any other sails except the smaller fishing vessels towards the shore. Nothing to trouble them as the lookouts on the main mast continued to scan the horizon under the cluded sky and the wind blew with it the salt spray across the deck that they could smell. There was always that smell of the sea, the way the salt carried with it everything else. It was different on land, one had to be at sea in order to experience it. Looking back at Lee he continued to hold up his smile, "You look troubled. Is something amiss?"
 
She smiled a bit when she heard that, but then heard what he said about her looking troubled. Crossing her arms she sighed a bit. She just had a bad feeling in her stomach, this wasn't going to be a smooth run she knew that. Thinking about everything she just sighed a bit and rubbed the back of her neck. Unsure what was up or down right now. "I don't know just have a bad feeling about something Captain and I don't know what the hell it is. Which bugs me even more." She said simply.
 
"What do you mean?" the captain enquired and hearing her words Mister Tisdale could not help but turn and be curious himself. Thus far they had an eventful trip, one that would go well in the salons and pups lining the docks, "If you know of something amiss," Tisdale whispered, less not be heard by the rest of thew crew as they went about their tasks, "Its best that you let us know of it as well and that way we are at least knowing of something." Sailors, being superstitious lot, were more prone to feelings and sense than those on land and many times they were accurate, giving the impression that they were superior in one lot than most people, such as the weather and the sea itself.
 
She walked up to the edge of the deck and looked at the water, narrowing her eyes. And then looking at the grey clouds, she was tough to read the weather. Something she found hard to do but managed to do it. "I think a bad storm is coming our way a hurricane perhaps. Mother taught me how to read the weather. Something I was always good at, only thing I was ever good at" Lee said and sighed a little bit.
 
Humphreys and Tisdale loked at one another before the plump latter called up to the main mast at the look outs, "You there! Do you see anything a miss? How goes the weather?" Being situated higher above the rest they could, perhaps, get a better feel of the situation and thus far they had come to trust Lee in her judgement. After a few minutes of careful looking the man above called out, "There, ahoy, dark clouds from the south-south-east. Tis a storm!" It was true then and there were two choices, move to shore and perhaps ride it out or turn to starboard and head further out to see and hope that the storm passes them by. Either way, they would not outrun a hurricane and weighing anchor would only allow the storm to thrash the Fusiliade and the the Dolphin to splinters. The Virginia coast was just close by and Humphreys contemplated moving there and waiting it out in the shallower draft.
 
She smiled when she was right, it felt nice to be right every once in a while. Her eyes looked around as she began to wonder what was going to happen, right now things just were not so great. Her heart was beating quickly and it was just confusing to her. Her heart was beating and everything around her just seemed to fall. Looking down at the water, she got a better feeling. And thought "Captain if I can get up higher I can determine if we can go through it without a problem" She said and smiled a bit more offering to help.
 
"Right, off you go," Humphreys replied as Mister Tisdale led Lee towards the rope ladder leading up the main mast as the crew continued in their chores. Looking astern the Dolphin was still keeping up, however they made no indication of whether they knew or suspected a storm was coming, but Humphreys was not going to trouble his fellow captain unless it could be confirmed, though he did not doubt Lee' judgment. Seeing them off Humphreys looked away as he felt the winds begin to change.
 
She climbed up without even thinking about it, she was rather happy about everything frankly. And then she was able to see and feel everything, she used the spy glass looking at both the sky and the water. And decided what to tell him, and was rather sure about what she was about to say. "Captain I would say we will be okay, it wont be a smooth ride but we wont run the risk of sinking or losing anything or anyone" She called down.
 
Nodding Humphreys turned to an officer and ordered the anchor to be dropped and all the sailos be reefed. They would ride the storm out, "And send word to Mister Allen and inform him of our plan," he said knowing that the plucky man was going to protest this action, but there was nothing he could do as the clouds became darker, "alright, come on down," the captain ordered. They had the provisions to wait out the stor, perhps adding two more days to their journey, but would give them fresh water for their caskes and be able to wash their soiled clothes.
 
She nodded and she actually slid down the latter quickly and looked up at the sky, she knew she was right and wasn't worried about anything. Smiling she looked at the captain rather honored that he would take her word for it meant a lot to her. She didn't know what would happen to them but she did care for him.
 
It wasn't raining yet but the wind was picking up as the sails were reefed and the anchor plunged into the water. By now the Dolphin and her captain were along side to port enquiring why this was occuring. Using a loud horn Humphreys called out, "Hurricane is approaching. We are going to wait it out."

Allen was not convinced and demanded that they keep proceeding towards Boston, but as a privateer they were under no obligation to obey him. "We are waiting it out. If you wish to keep going, then by all means." Allen was heard fuming and cursing, but he was powerless to rouse the crew of the Fusiliade to obey him for they were all loyal to Humphreys including Lee whom was by his side as soon as she was off the main mast. "You're right about the storm," he said smiling, "Let us hope we recieve decent rain." With the rain meant that men would be on deck washing their clothes than remaining below deck.
 
She smiled at him when she said she was right, she liked the encouragement that he gave her. Since her father never gave her any, only her mother and with her dead she didn't ever see a way out. Looking down at the water then the sky, she looked at him with a rather kind smile on her face that never ever faded. "You know I can teach you have to read the sky and the water if you like, you can learn it easily. And with you being a captain may come in handy" She offered him and knew he could learn it fine.

Smelling rain heading there way she didn't exactly know what was to happen but she had a feeling, he would get the rain that he wanted. Closing her eyes she could almost hear the whispers the wind carried. Her clothing blew over her hair and clothing, pretty much having no cares in the world right now. Opening up her eyes she felt rather free, a feeling she loved a lot and would never go back to normal life.
 
Smiling as she made the offer he bowed slightly and replied, "Perhaps we can do it inside my quarters," the captain said and offered to lead the way to the downstairs as the men turned up on deck, taking out their clothes and their hammocks as the smell of the rain thickened and the first few drops began to pick up. It was going to be a long experience, but inside the cabin Humphreys took off his great coat and lit a couple of candles to illuminate the great cabin and sat on teh foot of the bed, not taking off his boots just yet as he glanced out the aft window to see the darkening clouds fill the entire glass span.
 
She nodded to him and nodded, she followed him quickly and watched him look outside. Crossing her arms she shut the door making sure no one heard what she was about to say. "Humphreys you okay?" She asked almost whispering his name and smiled looking at him something was up. Placing her hand on his shoulder hoping he was going to be okay she really worried.
 
Smiling, "No, no, i'm fine, just feeling a bit under the weather. I've been out for too long. Some time on shore will do me some good. I'm not use to the weather in the Caribbean." He was shaken up by the actioons and knowing that there may be some sort of scandel if Allen was allowed to get back to Boston, however, in the end, he eased off of his worry looking at Lee and her bright, gray eyes that were hynotising. As they sat together the rain began to fall and the men were heard raising and enormous cheer as they took off their shirts and began to wash their clothes for the first time in weeks.
 
She smiled at him lovingly and nodded to him "I hope so I really worry about you, sure your a big boy but still." She said and leaned over kissing him softly for just a moment and looked back into his eyes. "I am a good judge of character and I think something is going on with Allen, is there something I should know really about him? He even thinks of trying something with you or the crew I'll kill him"
 
Givin a reassuring smile and accepting her soft kiss, "As I said before, dear, he is mrely young and eager. He wants what us privateers wat, freedom and loot. I believe he I merely jealous that we were able to out do him, though it pains me tha we lost so many prizes," as remembered the English frigae chasing after their prizes with their prize crews still onboard. By now they were prisoners of the english, but Humphreys was not severely affected by their loss.
 
She sighed a bit she didn't really trust Allen but she trusted her captain and thought for a moment, she began to wonder what was going to happen to there relationship. Would they ever make love again? or was this a one time deal and he didn't want her any more. Looking down a little she took his hand and squeezed it with much love.
 
With the crew on deck, seemingly enjoying themselves Humphreys smiled at Lee and leaned in to give a gentle kiss to her lips and stare closer at those gray eyes and squeezed her hand in response before placing one hand on her right shoulder and slowly falling back onto the bed. They were having their fun and the captain was going to have his as the rain came down ever so harder and the gentle waves slapped up against the black line of the shape as men took buckets of water and began to douse each other in sport and also to rince the salt crust from their bodies as well as the tar from the lines.

Tisdale was on deck, his loud voice was heard as he was trying to keep order. Sure there was horseplay but there was no real chaos as the men were enjoying themselves. Soon the grog ration would be distributed and the morale would be very high as Humphrey continued to kiss Lee on her lips and tasting her sweet flavor.
 
She could feel the heavy hurricane causing everything to move around like crazy, and by the sounds of it the men were far from happy. But she had made a good call since they couldn't just turn around, so really there was no choice. But she was happy the way things were going, but right now in the captains cabin she was still sitting beside him and then watching him for a moment as he leaned over to her and kissed her. When he kissed her instead of her kissing him, she closed her eyes feeling his gentle lips on hers.

Feeling him placing his hand on her shoulder and the kissing going on it was such wonderful feel right now, her heart pounding as she laid on her back stroking his cheek and her other hand going for his chest. It appeared he could read her mind, or at least have excellent timing. Moaning a little bit as she returned the kisses that he gave her, it was amazing how much she loved him, perhaps it was to early to know if this was love? but she felt something for him, perhaps she was ignorant?
 
Continued to kiss the mroe they did it the more the ship rocked. It was getting cold but the men kept themselves busy. The wind kicked up and the wood in the frame creaked and groaned as the stern anchor was also dropped onto the seabed to keep them in place. If they wanted to leave it would take hours to get thejust one anchor back up. Now the only light in the cabin was from teh couple of candles that were lit and Humphreys lightly touched Lee's thihg and let out a soft moan of his own with his eyes closed and lightly pressing his body further against her as he felt the blood coursing through his body , faster and faster.
 
She was rather happy about everything and as he touched and kissed her she moaned very happily. Her heart beating so quickly. Looking up into his eyes as she smiled with great happyness and kissing him even deeper as she held him so close "mm I love you"
 
"I love you to" he responded between kisses, fulling meaning what he meant. It was not going to be in dropping her off at the dock and disappearing with the sterling, he wanted Lee at his side. It was not the ideal way in meeting a woman, but it was by far the greatest thus far in that he did not have to impress her father, instead, he had to rob him and it work out surprisingly well as he continued to kiss her lips and then cheek.
 
She smiled happy that he loved her it meant the world to her about how everything was going, and feeling his lips on her own and on her cheeks, it was a nice feeling that everything was calm, least for them inside. Though she wondered how much longer his men would stay in the dark about them.
 
Back
Top