The Isolated Blurt Thread II

Oh, it's not so bad - I'm actually enjoying all the cooking :D Beautiful day here! Frosty overnight but cool/pleasant with glorious sunshine this morning, and where most the leaves are dropped the view is sensational. I'll get dressed soon and take a stroll with the mutt :) Have a good one, adrina xxx

The charm fades after the first time or two so enjoy it while you can. ;) :D

The charm fades after the first time or two so enjoy it while you can. ;) :D

I’m choosing to assume you’re talking about cooking Thanksgiving dinner...I love cooking with The Man, but 3 turkeys...really? *sigh*
(That’s down from 4 last year!)

I’m choosing to assume you’re talking about cooking Thanksgiving dinner...I love cooking with The Man, but 3 turkeys...really? *sigh*
(That’s down from 4 last year!)

Yes. And others. Growing up, my family had insane numbers of holiday dinners, special occasion dinners, let's get out the china and crystal and feed people dinners. I could go the rest of my life and never cook another holiday dinner again. I don't think I'd mind a bit.

The only difference between alts and mushrooms is that mushrooms need someone else's shit to grow in.

My boyfriend and I both worked all day. We put out a Thanksgiving buffet for over 400 customers. He and his crew cooked and served 30 turkeys. When we finished, we packed up food and took it home to have dinner with my grandmother.

After we ate I called my Mom. We talked for a few minutes, then she asked me to hold on, and a moment later, my brother Nathan came on the line.

We had not spoken in almost four years. The last thing he had said to me was that I belonged in prison. When I came home, he refused to see me.

Tonight, when he asked me if he could be a part of my life again, I cried so hard that my grandmother had to take the phone and tell him that I was saying yes.

My boyfriend and I both worked all day. We put out a Thanksgiving buffet for over 400 customers. He and his crew cooked and served 30 turkeys. When we finished, we packed up food and took it home to have dinner with my grandmother.

After we ate I called my Mom. We talked for a few minutes, then she asked me to hold on, and a moment later, my brother Nathan came on the line.

We had not spoken in almost four years. The last thing he had said to me was that I belonged in prison. When I came home, he refused to see me.

Tonight, when he asked me if he could be a part of my life again, I cried so hard that my grandmother had to take the phone and tell him that I was saying yes.

That is wonderful. It is so good that you are getting your life back.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

:heart:

Good.

What a fantastic Thanksgiving story. I'm really happy for you that you're getting your brother back. :rose:

If you and your boyf ever come into the city, I got your first rounds, bet. :heart:

What a fantastic Thanksgiving story. I'm really happy for you that you're getting your brother back. :rose:

Thank you all for your kindness.

It's not going to be easy. We have a lot to talk about, and we each have a lot to try to forgive the other for. He had good cause to be ashamed and disappointed in me. And I hold quite a bit of anger that, in the darkest days of my life, my big brother abandoned me. But I love him, and I know that he loves me, and we will yell at each other, and hug each other and cry together and it will all be alright.

💜 Very happy to hear this road to healing has begun.

My boyfriend and I both worked all day. We put out a Thanksgiving buffet for over 400 customers. ...

Wow. You made me cry in a happy way :eek:
In just a few words I think we can all be sitting in the room listening to that phone call :rose:

11177644975_ff90598ed7_k.jpg

Back