Why do we like being submissive?

It's like floating on my back in a pool with my arms outstretched and my eyes closed, and he is the water beneath me.

I am untethered, I am entirely vulnerable. And yet, he holds me.


Resonance! Thank you.

--not a natural, just curious about spaces I have found deeply satisfying when I just happened to land there. I can relate to the OP's sense of not having the words. I don't even have clear Qs, so listening and learning.
 
I'm not sure why I enjoy being submissive either. Maybe because in other aspects of my life I'm very much a go getter, work, take care of the family etc... but in the bedroom I really just want to give up control even if for a little bit. I don't know why it gives me the tingles so to speak. Maybe it's just knowing that someone is taking care of me for once?
 
Having read the posts, I think the women tend to be more submissive than men
Based on the reading I've done I haven't found any reason to assume that either gender is more prone than the other to it. Of course there will be differences just due to biology and you might be right, but there's been no large-scale detailed study into it yet and from the ones there have been there's no clear impression that being a dom' or sub' is particularly gendered.

I got that impression when I came here too but I think it's to do with the fact that there's just more women than men on these boards and the number of women who are speakers rather than lurkers just happen to be 'pyl's by coincidence.

Plus you've created a post that is going to specifically draw submissives to it.
 
Denny

Headed out the door. So a quickie.

We can't discuss most of why my wife is the way she is because of rules. Let's just say she's always been used and abused. Now that I am her master, she is not really abused. Actually it's only recently we use slave/master. In reality I'm her husband.
As someone else wrote, she has always taken orders and would rather me make most decisions. I even decide where to eat, where to go on vacations, who to fuck.

PM if you need more. Dollie may even reply if you tell her to.
 
It's like floating on my back in a pool with my arms outstretched and my eyes closed, and he is the water beneath me.

I am untethered, I am entirely vulnerable. And yet, he holds me.

:heart:

I am taking this post home with me and putting it in a cute little cage and will be taking it out periodically and doing unspeakable things to it.
 
For me it's because I need to be.

I have to be so strong and in control so much in life that I need time to just be. I don't have to think. I don't have to question. He takes care of me. I can let go and just be and know that someone loves me and is taking care of me and all I have to do is listen.
 
To me this reads a lot more like a lure cast by a 'HNG' looking for material than somebody actually looking for familiarity or acceptance...

Dunno what an HNG is, but I think it's as you say -- trolling. I love being submissive, I also love being dominant -- gender boundaries are fluid, for me. I love to flow across them during one session.
 
We? I don't know why others like it and can only answer for myself.



I'm not into humiliation.



I get off on being told what to do. There's no magical connection.



Fuck if I know.



No.

Also, I second Meek in her answers lol
 
Why Do We Like Being Submissive?

What do you feel when you are being /humiliated/dominated?
What is the feeling and the aim of being submissive to another person? How does it feel good?

Let's all share our feelings.


As a fan of (Race Play) BDSM myself, I'm only submissive in the following situations:

1. When I'm at my regular J-O-B (just over broke)
2. When I'm dealing with a woman that I really like or truly love :caning:

Everything else - especially when it comes to Sex Robots and Sex Dolls - is something that I would dominate, not submit to. Period. :eek:
 
Last edited:
What do you feel when you are being /humiliated/dominated?
What is the feeling and the aim of being submissive to another person? How does it feel good?

Let's all share our feelings.

I'd like to submit and be dominated by a girl with a 8 inch black rubber strap on and I like it rough and hard. The harness of it would be made of leather, back and forth again and again as she thrusts it in. Then asking If I like it. Of course I say yes and ask for more. What would add to the effect is seeing it in a mirror of myself taking it from a girl with a strap on. I'd like the humiliation and embarrassment of it when she would take me from behind. The orgasm is said to be intense while getting pounded from behind. You also learn more respect when your taking it from a girl with a strap on. I think I d also liked to be spanked and punished by her while wearing a black vinyl clad pair of gloves. Id say you also learn proper respect when punished over a girl's knees too. We must learn to respect our girl and what they mean to us because of the love they are showing us. Now I want to say whips , chains, floggers, leashes, collars and handcuffs also bring out the fun in a relationship to add to the roleplay or humiliation. Maybe the girl can wear a black uniform hat with handcuffs and leather bailiff uniform. Anything in leather I would enjoy the feel of too. All in all giving a girl charge and domination control feels good , both in physical and mind state which in turn brings on the humiliation and embarrassment.:eek::heart:
 
Last edited:
I am in control of most things in my marriage and family life, and most of the time I like being in control sexually. I want things done my way.

But the feeling of sometimes letting go and being taken and used for His pleasure is quite gratifying. As PP have mentioned, not worrying about choosing and controlling is quite freeing. I often resist virtual submission, because it can be hard for me to get into that mindset from afar, but with the right guy and trust level, completely letting go is just like floating on the water (what a great comparison).
 
It feels like a belly full of hot chocolate on a chilly winter night. So calm, content and peaceful. I fucking love the feeling.

I have hard time calming down and relaxing. But the right person can bring me from amped up down to small and content so quick it's ridiculous, it feels amazing for someone to have that power over me.
 
I like the feeling of being a toy, of being used by a person I have an attraction to. I like the power she has over me, and the mere fact that she can make me do things for her that would otherwise make me uncomfortable, and I like the feeling of total surrender to her.

I won't share specific fantasies here, but when you are in the presence of someone who is doing these things to you that you have fantasized about, it is an otherworldly experience and a catharctic release- definitely a rush of endorphins that comes with it. "Subspace" feels like you have no control and you are being pulled out of yourself, expanding your mind, but in the presence of, and at the direction of, someone beautiful and powerful. THATS why I like being submissive.
 
I don't LIKE it one fucking bit. Being submissive had only made me miserable, overall. It's fucking hard to speak up for what I need, let alone what I want. I am derided, neglected, ignored.

Submission should not be an excuse. But.....




Being a follower has always been the more comfortable role. I'm happy to offer suggestions but please don't ask me to get you there. THAT is terrifying!
 
I enjoy serving others, and relinquishing myself to be owned and collared as a slave to my Master feels innate and natural to me. I am of use and used, committed and obedient; I very much enjoy that quality in my interpersonal relationships.
 
Why do I "like" being submissive?

That is akin to asking why do I "like" being a woman... (not equating being female with being submissive, but instead positing that my submissive nature is as ingrained and imutable for me as being female.)

It IS who I am. I am at my best when I do not fight it. When I embrace it and am with someone who revels in it and loves me for that part of who I am and prods and pokes at all of the elements of my unique submissiveness.

When I am with someone in that particular head space, I feel clearer and have more peace and have a deeper sense of myself and a "rightness" ~ a clarity... than at any other time. Tapping into that essence of myself and embracing it, learning to find all of the edges of it and what elements work for me and my partner is like an infinite complex dance that is unique and fascinating and compelling on a physical, mental, psychological and spiritual level.

If the question is why do I "like" being submissive... I must answer that I like it because it is the truest expression of myself.
And when I am honestly exploring and living that... I am at my happiest.
 
Why do I "like" being submissive?

That is akin to asking why do I "like" being a woman... (not equating being female with being submissive, but instead positing that my submissive nature is as ingrained and imutable for me as being female.)

It IS who I am. I am at my best when I do not fight it. When I embrace it and am with someone who revels in it and loves me for that part of who I am and prods and pokes at all of the elements of my unique submissiveness.

When I am with someone in that particular head space, I feel clearer and have more peace and have a deeper sense of myself and a "rightness" ~ a clarity... than at any other time. Tapping into that essence of myself and embracing it, learning to find all of the edges of it and what elements work for me and my partner is like an infinite complex dance that is unique and fascinating and compelling on a physical, mental, psychological and spiritual level.

If the question is why do I "like" being submissive... I must answer that I like it because it is the truest expression of myself.
And when I am honestly exploring and living that... I am at my happiest.

Amazing:)
 
I've rarely thought about it...

Oh sure, we question ourselves initially and perhaps even struggle with what must be absolute realization. But being submissive almost controls me at times, I long for it so. Everywhere is deception and lies but when I am in an erotically charged scenario as a submissive I am completely set free. There is nothing fake, nothing hidden. I am utterly naked with nothing hidden and have nothing to do but what I'm told or have been told. .That magic moment when I am told to slowly strip naked for someone's viewing pleasure a sa prelude to submissive bliss is unparallelled
 
I'm a newbie, I guess and currently have only experienced it virtually... but for me it's 1) the control. The letting go and having someone else quiet the voices in my racing mind for awhile - it's just peaceful and 2) in those moments I feel completely safe. Like completely okay with the world and who I am in it.
 
for humiliation

I like the satisfaction of getting discipline by a girl and maybe being spanked and paddled over her lap to cause embarrassment and humiliation. I think we learn respect when we get punished and also being taken and pounded by a girl with an 8 inch black rubber strap on. It ll feel amazing and good too
 
Last edited:
Being true to who you are is the only way to true happiness. Does every sub enjoy that they are this way?....i'm sure some aren't.....especially if they try to repress and deny their real self. It not always an easy blessing to live with. It's quite easy to submit to things you like or want, going beyond is the measure of a true submissive heart...when you find peace in going beyond you have truly accepted the gift you were given.

mel
 
Last edited:
Back
Top