What's the best lube for sex?

jadefirefly said:
Erm... granted, I haven't tried many, but I can tell you which one I hate, and unfortunately that would be WET.

All around generally not happy with it, and won't let it touch me again.

aw :(
that is sad.

What do you use now?
What turned you off of WET?
Was it the warming one? (I don't care for warming either)

you don't have to answer, I just want to know what else is out there that is also a good product. WET imo is great, ID works great as well .... everyone is different, which is why there are so damn many of them anyway :)

Pink

has anyone used PINK before? it's at Hustler stores, and said that it was hypoallergenic. I'm worried about things that taste like cherry, or pina colada. my pussy isn't supposed to taste like pina colada!

jadefirefly said:
Erm... granted, I haven't tried many, but I can tell you which one I hate, and unfortunately that would be WET.

All around generally not happy with it, and won't let it touch me again.

I too am curious as to what happend.

personally we only use WET light. And for us it's been nothing but splenderrific.

I only do solo sex, really, so I used baby oil at one point (not recommended, but okay for masturbation) when I was afraid to buy lube. Now I swear by Astroglide.

I recommend you try Vagisil (Intimate lubricant clear lotion). You can buy it over the counter and it works great with toys or all natural.

PINK - Silicon-based lubricant - yes!!!

I just tried one today - called Pink, available at Good Vibrations - it was amazing, great for playing in the water, silky, smooth, doesn't come off until washed with soap and completely non-irritating (I have a sensitive vulva and vagina)

I loved it!!!!!

RE: it having a taste - am not sure where the "pina colada" thing came from but this one didn't have any taste - I asked my partner and he said he was able to taste only me..........

Eilan said:
KY's pretty worthless, IMNSHO. It's intended to be a medical lubricant, not a personal lubricant. My experience with it is that it gets sticky and gummy. And as for anal--forget it!

I'm anxious to try a silicone-based lube.

Last edited:
the best lube is the jizz from the guy who went before you. Or your own, if your refractory period is sufficiently short!

Safety!

Yes, but it's not safe - especially if there's a guy who went before you...

in other words, clearly condoms were not in the mix - as someone who's seen friends dibilitated/killed by AIDS and others lose parts of their cervixes due to cancer, which is related to HPV, and who has a very close friend who just finished what for him became a crippling course of interferon treatments to combat Hep C (sexually not drug-contracted) i have to reply, even if you are being tongue in cheek

BarnabySchmidt said:
the best lube is the jizz from the guy who went before you. Or your own, if your refractory period is sufficiently short!

Pjur Bodyglide the original silicone based formula - mentioned a few times already and I mention it like a broken record...slippery, stays slippery, tasteless, no stress clean up, feels very good.

Silicone lube+Silicone toy=Potentially melty toy

Definitely don't want to use silicone lubes on silicone toys. It's like using a petroleum product on latex. It acts as a solvent.

The effect may not be pronounced but it's better to be safe than sorry. If you have a silicone toy and you absolutely HAVE to keep using a silicone lube then at least put a latex condom on the toy and try to keep the lube away from whatever area the condom doesn't cover.

southernsky said:
my pussy isn't supposed to taste like pina colada!
*blink blink*

You know, I'm not a huge fan of pina coladas, but this sentence just set my mind to racing and my mouth to watering. Now, where'd I put that rum... :nana:

reply + new recommendatin

Kinksville said:
Definitely don't want to use silicone lubes on silicone toys. It's like using a petroleum product on latex. It acts as a solvent.
Absolutely thanks for the reminder!

Tried another tonight - organic and great for women because it contains anti-fungal/anti-yeast properties. Water-based (I bought Pink for being in the water), smell was nonexistent and felt great - again had no problems with sensitivity -

called - well damn, I seem to have lost the lube and the good vibrations web site is down for repairs .... :(

anyway, it comes in this very sensual-looking purple bottle and you can get it (in person or online) at Good Vibrations

(sorry can't remember the name - don't know how I could have lost the bottle!!!!)

neonflux said:
Absolutely thanks for the reminder!

Tried another tonight - organic and great for women because it contains anti-fungal/anti-yeast properties. Water-based (I bought Pink for being in the water), smell was nonexistent and felt great - again had no problems with sensitivity -

called - well damn, I seem to have lost the lube and the good vibrations web site is down for repairs .... :(

anyway, it comes in this very sensual-looking purple bottle and you can get it (in person or online) at Good Vibrations

(sorry can't remember the name - don't know how I could have lost the bottle!!!!)
Sensua Organics? From a quick scan of the first result page of Google, it looks like it's widely available. :)

olive oil & protection?

but, you can't use it with latex condoms so if STIs are a concern, it's out - actually in the totally natural vein, saliva is good too if you can manage to "manufacture" enough
whitebuck said:
extra virgin olive oil is the best and it is good for the skin

This one had hemp

SweetErika said:
Sensua Organics? From a quick scan of the first result page of Google, it looks like it's widely available. :)
Hey SweetErika, No, actually found it finally - the active anti-yeast ingredient is hemp - on the ingredients it's listed as hemp oil, which concerned me since I always use condoms, but the saleswoman who I spoke to at Good Vibrations assured me that all of their lubes are compatable with condoms and this one certainly was!

The name is "Oh My Natural" and although the bottle that I bought was shaped quite differently (it was really, really pretty with a very small label),

here it is .

O'My Natural

I have a bottle of that, my ex loved the stuff. I like their new purple bottle, the pump cap locks, which is very convenient, reduces spillage.

Their old bottle had a locking pump cap but you had to push the pump DOWN to lock it, thereby wasting a fair amount of lube.

Why I remember when . . .

In the early seventies I would agree with you, but that was before AIDS and some of the other nasties that have turned up.

The only cum I play with now is my own.

Maybe giving away my age, but I still like good old fashioned mineral oil like they sell in pharmacies as a laxative. You can use it anywhere especially for sounding if you're into that.

Coconut oil.

Try it... amazing. so slippery, not sticky, wonderful to eat if you're inclined.

Buy it in a tub at BJs.

lube

Astroglide is the slickest. However, I have found if you want to give yourself an enema it is so slick the tube does not go in. Just remember not to skimp on the stuff, too much is way better than not enough. Lots on your toy and in your ass. then work it in. Take your time and enjoy it.

Astroglide works well, I have used both the"Natural" and Gel water based lube.

I like anal play and both are great.

I'll second coconut oil

Though I find it best if it is already melted. It seems that body heat and friction are not quite enough if it is in solid, or even semi-solid, state. I live in a colder climate so it isn't melted very often.

Not good for condoms nor many toys!

It has a lot of secondary benefits too. Google if you're inclined.

Back