School of Love

kali smiled, "you and me both." They stepped off the dance floor. "Leo, listen...I've had a really good time with you. I'm really happy you asked me."
 
Leo smiled back at her. "I'm really happy you agreed. I've also had an amazing time tonight. It's been a while since I went dancing, or had nearly as good a time dancing as I have with you tonight."
 
kali smiled, glad he had enjoyed himself too. "We definatly need to spend more time together that's for sure!" They were finished drinking and the dance floor was really crowded. She didn't WA t their even I g to end but they were running out of option there. She looked over at him, "so what now?"
 
Leo smiled, thinking for a minute. He took her hand and then lead her out to his truck. "Hop in. We haven't eaten, and I know just the place. Would you like to go? It's not too late." he said, smiling as he turned the truck on, the big diesel engine rumbling loudly.
 
Leo backed out of the lot and then looked at Kali. "I have a restaurant in mind, but I have a question. Would you rather eat home cooked food?" he asked. The invitation surprised him, as it was way out of his normal style. He just smiled, realizing that he couldn't take it back. He waited calmly to see what her answer would be, even though it felt like his stomach had just flipped.
 
Last edited:
Kali smiled at him, "Are you offering?" she winked at him. "Of course homemade is always better... but I'm not trying to make you cook for me or anything..... I will leave that up to you."

She couldn't believe how much fun she was having with Leo. Who would have ever thought?
 
Leo smiled at Kali, then offered his hand to walk her back to the truck. He knew that this might be a bit presumptuous, but he figured that after just asking Kali back to his house for dinner, he could be a tiny bit more confident.

"Kali, I don't want tonight to end, and I'd rather cook for two and have amazing dinner company, than one and be alone," he said, smiling at her after finishing.
 
She let her hand slip easily into his as they walked to the truck. She smiled when he talked about cooking for two. She nodded her head, "Well then in that case I would love it if you cooked for me...."

They both climbed into the truck and she looked over at him, "As long as you don't mind leaving home later to drop me at my car.."
 
Leo smiled and then thought. "It's up to you. We can either swing by school and you can follow me, or I can drive you home later. The only worry with that is that I might pass out from such a great time!" he said joking, but meant that he was honestly having a fantastic time with Kali.
 
Kali laughed. "Alright, I will take my chances.... I will try not to ware you out too bad." she winked at him playfully as he started driving to his house.
 
Leo smiled at Kali's joke, then slowly backed out. As they drove towards his house, the loud diesel engine was slowly fading into the background. Leo hadn't realized it, but when he looked down at Kali, he saw that he was holding her hand.

"What would you like for dinner?" he asked. He had plenty at home, but wanted to know if he needed to stop for anything first.
 
Kali looked over at him and smiled, "Surprise me. I'm not a picky eater at all so make whatever you would like to make for me." It didn't even dawn on her that her hand was in his once again. The drive wasn't a long one and Kali nodded her head in approval of the little neighborhood he lived in. "This is a cute little neighborhood Leo."
 
"Thank you. It was what I could afford when I graduated," he said, shutting the truck off and hopping out of the cab quickly. He opened the door for Kali and helped her down out of the truck.
"I'm thinking of a barbequed pork steak, a nice salad, grilled onion, and either wine or beer. How does that sound?" he asked as he unlocked his modest house.

The house was lightly furnished, yet it was all very nice furniture. Everything flowed very well, adn it was Leo's pride and joy.
 
Kali nodded her head in understanding as she followed him up to the house. "It's perfect. I can totally picture you living here." she smiled when he talked about dinner, "That sounds amazing to me!"

She followed him inside and looked around as he led the way. It wasn't overly done. It wasn't one of those places where you don't want to touch anything for fear of fingerprints or breaking something. It was comfortable. She felt herself relax as they entered the kitchen.
 
Leo smiled and then started pulling food out. "Feel free to grab whatever you want to drink. I'll have these on the grill in about 3 minutes," he said, seasoning the steaks before pulling out tongs, his homemade barbeque sauce, and a beer.

He went to the grill and started it, leaving the door open. It was the perfect night to eat on the deck he thought, and it was even better because of the company. That thought had him blushing just a bit.
 
Kali smiled and nodded her head as she watched him walk outside to the deck. She opted for a beer as well as followed him to the deck. "It's the perfect night.... I'm really glad we are doing this. I'm sure if I would have just gone home I would be elbow deep in essays.... doesn't sound appealing at all after this evening." she laughed and smiled at him.
 
"I don't want to look at another calculus paper until Sunday. I love math, but good lord, not that much!" Leo said jokingly. He smiled as his half-moon glasses slid down his nose. He didn't really need them on, but his eyes were bothering him, and they helped relieve the headache he had.

"How do you like your steak?" he asked, wondering what it would feel like to have a woman wrap her arms around him while cooking. He shook the thought out of his head and waited for her answer.
 
Kali laughed as he talked about calculus papers. When he asked how she wanted her steak she thought about it for a minute, "Medium would be great."

With his back facing her as he grilled the steaks she walked up behind him, looking over his shoulder and inhaling the aroma coming from the grill. "Wow, those smell amazing!..."

"Talented dancer and you have culinary skills?.....Leo you may just be my knight in shining armor!" as she said it she wrapped her arms around his waist for a hug laughing softly as she said it.
 
Leo stiffened, feeling her arms wrap around him. He smiled, feeling her breath on the back of his neck. He almost ruined the meat, but kept himself under control. He hadn't realized how amazing it would feel. He smiled and turned his head, not realizing how close Kali's face was. His lips brushed her softly before he realized what happened.

He turned back quickly, flushing a deep crimson. "I'm sorry about that. I'll go get stuff ready," Leo said, hoping he hadn't just ruined the night with his mistake.
 
It all happend so fast it took her a minute to realize what had even just happend. He was all fidgity and moving so fast..... She stepped back to give him a little space and watched him walk back inside. It made her smiled tho. People she was around normally wouldn't have gotten embarrassed over anything like that... it was endearing if anything. She walked to the edge of the deck and leaned on the rail, just looking out over the little backyard. She would give him a few minutes to pull himself together, let the blood drain back from his face... As she thought about the whole situation it made her bite her lower lip and smile. His lips had touched her's so quickly and softly she wasn't even sure if it had happened at all.... not that she would have minded, but still. She could hear him in the kitchen moving around and she didn't turn around right away when she heard him walk back out onto the deck.
 
Leo had taken several deep breathes, calming himself down. He had brought the salad and other fixings out, setting places on the deck. He smiled warming at Kali, and then added some more barbeque sauce to the steaks before pulling them off. He looked down at the table and realized that the two chairs he had out were next to each other. He shrugged, his confidence sky high, and deciding to just let the night go as it was.

"Dinner is served, madam," Leo said, a twinkle in his eye as he joked with her, holding her seat out for her as he sat down. He quickly slid into his own chair, realizing just how close he was. He took a deep breath, then started serving her food, listening to her directions. He finished up with his plate, then waited for her to taste everything.

"You can be honest. If it sucks, I have some other stuff I can fix," he said, a mischievous smile tugging at his mouth, showing he knew it wouldn't taste bad at all.
 
Kali turned when he began speaking and smiled, greatful that he seemed to have recovered. She stepped to the table and took her seat next to him. As she sampled the food she laughed, "Oh this is just terrible... I can't believe I'm even eating it.." she teased unable to keep a straight face to even get the whole statement out. She smiled at him, "Really Leo, it tastes great. Thank you."
 
Leo smiled and then tore into his food. The conversation stayed light and fun as dinner was rapidly eaten. Leo looked down and started to clear plate. He picked everything up and carried it in, before loading it into the dishwasher.

"Would you like to sit and talk, or watch TV or a movie?" Leo asked, realizing it wasn't even 7:30.
 
Kali's offer to help was ignored as Leo went about cleaning up which went pretty quickly. When he asked her about a movie or something she smiled and nodded her head. "Sure. I'd love to stay and watch a movie." She followed him into the livingroom and took a seat on the couch. "Please don't tell me I have to pick tho.... just pick it for me. I can be really indesisive." she watched as he put a DVD into the player and walked back to take a seat on the couch as well.
 
Back
Top