Hair Pulling concern, anything to worry about?

Schmuland

Virgin
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Posts
6
Starters, Im sorry if I post this in the wrong area, Im new here and I just need some other peoples opinions and suggestions :)

I really enjoy hair pulling and my man really pulls on my hair when he throws me around while whipping me and being very aggressive. I love it but my biggest concern is...
Will my hair thin out? Will I loose more hair than normal if he continue to pull my hair in our sessions?

And the biggest question I have is that I want to get hair extensions woven into my hair. Do you think with the hair pulling that would be a bad idea?
I would ask my hair dresser but I dont want her to know my SM lifestyle and concerns about my hair...haha! It sounds like a little retarded. But I am a girl that dresses up and looks good, I take VERY good care of myself and I live a very healthy life, being a nurse...I kind of have to! However, by night Im a dominating bitch until my man doesn't take any more of my shit and starts to punish me... and one thing he does is pull my hair. I dont want him to stop, but I am concerned about thinning it out, ect.
 
I certainly hope it doesnt cause your hair to start thinning because I also like my hair to be pulled....HARD! Does he pull your hair at the rootd or the long pair? I cant handle my hair being pulled at the long part. He has pulled so hard ive heard the roots pop. lol
 
He usually grabs me close to the roots, which I think is better for the hair. (but I could be wrong?) Its usually easier for him when he tries to choke me, but something he has grabbed more on the long part. Mostly at the roots though.
 
I'm no expert, but my Dom's been pulling my hair HARD for over a year (not continuously, of course) and nothing about my hair has changed. And he pulls it hard enough that my scalp feels bruised for days afterward.

As for your extensions, I would not have him pull on those. I've never had extensions though, it's just a guess.
 
I have had pinch braid extensions only. My hair is kind of crappy from meds, and a few tugs on it have made no difference one way or the other. I'm not a bottom primarily, it's not a main fetish, and he's always kind of careful about it

Get a stylist where you can ask the question, just "you know sometimes we like to play around in bed, tee hee" spin on it.

If you get pinch braids expect even a little pulling to hurt WAY more! He'll have to tone it down a LOT
 
I don't know much about the scalp on a professional level, but I do know about losing hair, because I've lost most of mine. They call it male pattern baldness. I guess one plus is I save on shampoo and I don't need to carry a comb. :rolleyes:

I don't know just how rough you get with this hair pulling, but if hair is pulled out it will usually grow back. There is no sure thing on that, because it depends on how much of the follicle is pulled out. There is also a school of thought that a hair only grows back a certain number of times. And if the hair follicle is damaged for whatever reason, it might not ever grow back but the body is pretty good at self healing.

If the hair is pulled out in clumps, that could be a bad thing. It could mean you either have an unhealthy scalp or hair follicles and it could also mean you just have weak hair. That doesn't mean a lot on its own, but when hair comes out, it takes a while to grow back. A few hairs won't show, but a clump will. And like I said before, while it normally does grow back, there is no guarantee it always will.

Another thing to watch out for is your neck. The spine is very fragile at the neck and if the play gets overly rough or your neck happens to be twisted just the wrong way, you could be injured. And these injuries could be something that doesn't show up until you get older.

Things like pinched nerves and numbness in your fingers could be in your future or maybe your grip will become weaker on one side. This could be if you are ever dragged by your hair or your head is ever snapped in unusual twists, etc. It's difficult to explain in a post like this, so you are going to have to be your own judge. I'd say to worry it's getting too rough if you ever get headaches after, your neck hurts, or maybe you can't turn your head one direction for a few days after.

Also, think of repeated injuries. Scar tissue can be a problem if the same area is repeatedly injured. It might not be something you feel at the time, but it could cause a stiff neck as you get older. Sports injuries would be similar to this type of thing.

OK, just pulling someone's hair in a sexual heat shouldn't be a problem. I've done that and it is an effective way to control someone, as well as being a sexy part of domination...doggie position and anal sex being my preferred play. :cool: In a nonprofessional way, I would suggest you don't be concerned as long as you don't get clumps of hair pulled out at once and you don't get your neck twisted or hurt.

Getting rough and doing it on a repeated basis can be dangerous if you get overly rough. But, what part of a good life isn't dangerous? Any one of us could step off a curb and get hit by a bus. And I don't want to make it seem like you shouldn't continue having fun. I'm just trying to give you information you might find helpful. What I'd suggest is to watch for after effects and deal with them as you see best.

I forgot...you asked about hair extensions. I don't know much about them, but you've now got me wondering if they would cover up male pattern baldness. Any ideas? Oh, it's OK, I can take the truth. :(
 
Last edited:
Another thing to watch out for is your neck. The spine is very fragile at the neck and if the play gets overly rough or your neck happens to be twisted just the wrong way, you could be injured. And these injuries could be something that doesn't show up until you get older.

Things like pinched nerves and numbness in your fingers could be in your future or maybe your grip will become weaker on one side. This could be if you are ever dragged by your hair or your head is ever snapped in unusual twists, etc. It's difficult to explain in a post like this, so you are going to have to be your own judge. I'd say to worry it's getting too rough if you ever get headaches after, your neck hurts, or maybe you can't turn your head one direction for a few days after.

Also, think of repeated injuries. Scar tissue can be a problem if the same area is repeatedly injured. It might not be something you feel at the time, but it could cause a stiff neck as you get older. Sports injuries would be similar to this type of thing.

I have to agree with this. When my love pulls my hair he will pull my head back to the point im raised off of the bed or im really leaning back towards him. A few hours later or the next day, my neck and shoulders are extremely sore. i have it hurt to the point I couldnt turn my neck. But with rest the pain was gone the next day.

As for extensions, I dont know. Only you can tell how hard he is pulling and if you feel something that just doesnt feel right, maybe have a safe word to let him know back off. If you hear anything popping, he needs to back off. I know that extensions arent cheap and I would hate for you have to replace them before your ready.
 
I second DVS's post wholeheartedly. Hair pulling is great, but is something that needs a little care.

As for hair extensions...I asked my sister in law; She advised that rough pulling or sharp tugss are a very bad idea. Even gentle pulling isn't a good idea if you get poor quality extensions, or a less than outstanding hair dresser put them in.

Apparantly hair extensions are a high maintenance thing... *shrugs* Who knew?
 
I worry a little more about the neck, i.e., cervical vertebrae, than I do about the hair itself, the hair will grow back, and if you grab enough of it the, force is distributed widely enough that it's unlikely you'll lose more than a strand or two, and highly unlikely any will come out by the roots, which would require considerable force to accomplish.

The smaller the handful, i.e., the smaller the surface area to distribute the force, the more likely some will come out.

In fact I subscribe to the theory that hair on the head is there specifically to be pulled, i.e., it's something for children to grab onto, and if you have long hair and ever had kids, you'd know they pretty much go straight for that shit.

But, due to the amount of leverage one can exert on the cervical vertebrae in this manner, I recommended no sudden yanks, but rather gentle but firm pressure.
 
I'm now 58, and my husband has been pulling my hair (at my request :D ) for well over thirty years while he rapes me, and I've suffered no ill effects.
 
Hair pulling is fine, in fact, such stimulation can cause hair to grow slightly faster.

The extensions are where you'll get into hair-thinning trouble. The tension on the roots is always uneven (even with the best technicians), and over long periods of time will lead to thinning. Usually in patches. Sorry.
 
Great thread!

Hair pulling is one of my -instant turn ons- And, as I've cut all my long hair off last year, my hair has grown thicker -- and I haven't noticed any thinning at all from it being pulled =)
 
I have had pinch braid extensions only. My hair is kind of crappy from meds, and a few tugs on it have made no difference one way or the other. If you get pinch braids expect even a little pulling to hurt WAY more! He'll have to tone it down a LOT

I've had pinch braids and some days even pulling them back in a ponytail hurt. Especially the day or two after having them re-set.

I forgot...you asked about hair extensions. I don't know much about them, but you've now got me wondering if they would cover up male pattern baldness. Any ideas? Oh, it's OK, I can take the truth. :(

You could prolly do glue in's. :D

As for extensions, I don't know. Only you can tell how hard he is pulling and if you feel something that just doesn't feel right, maybe have a safe word to let him know back off. If you hear anything popping, he needs to back off. I know that extensions aren't cheap and I would hate for you have to replace them before your ready.

Ditto

As for hair extensions...I asked my sister in law; She advised that rough pulling or sharp tugs are a very bad idea. Even gentle pulling isn't a good idea if you get poor quality extensions, or a less than outstanding hair dresser put them in.

There we have it, from an expert.

Apparently hair extensions are a high maintenance thing... *shrugs* Who knew?

They are very high maintenance and the more you spend on them the better you need to take care of them.

My experience:
I would suggest no pulling at all for clip-in or glue-in extensions; they are likely to come right out. For pinch braids go to a hairdresser who KNOWS how to do them (specifically: a salon or dresser that caters to African-American/ Black women). Give them a day or two after doing or re-setting them for the braids to relax before you pull them, and as was mentioned above the more hair pulled at once the more even the pressure will be distributed and the more comfortable it will be and the less stress it will place on the braids. And, as was also stated above, you are the only person in the room who will know if something doesn't feel right, and if it doesn't feel right, stop.

I will also echo the precautionary statements regarding repetitive use injuries and the vulnerability of ones neck to injury.
 
Last edited:
I don't think you should have a problem, although I wouldn't have him tugging on those hair extensions!! They're not really designed to take that kind of stress and I'm sure it will both hurt a FUCK of a lot more, and do damage to the extension.

Also, as others have said, don't forget your hair is attached to your head which is attached to your NECK. You're far more likely to damage that!!
 
cfuhrer;42406982 There we have it said:
I'm a doofus and forgot to mention my sister in law is a hairdresser. Sometimes I forget other people can't read my mind. Sorry. :eek: I'll try to include important points like that in future instead of sounding like someone from the school of "I heard someone say". :eek:
 
I'm a doofus and forgot to mention my sister in law is a hairdresser. Sometimes I forget other people can't read my mind. Sorry. :eek: I'll try to include important points like that in future instead of sounding like someone from the school of "I heard someone say". :eek:

I wasn't being snarky, I thought you had said that she was.
Guess I was reading between the lines... Or maybe I can read your mind, lol.:eek:
 
Back
Top