The First Stone OOC

satindesire

Queen of Geeks
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Posts
13,101
Long ago, magic was fairly common. The separate kingdoms were peaceful and trade was plentiful, the mountains and rivers were rich in resources and even the poorest peasant still had plenty to eat. Unfortunately, to the high north, a dark king coveted the vast wealth of the southern kingdoms and decided to wage war against them. His might was terrible, his mages knew dark magic that no one had ever seen before, and knew no defense against.

The southern kingdoms banded together to defeat the dark king, but even their combined might could not sway the tide of battle against the dark lord's forces. Finally, in a single mighty act of desperation, the High King counciled with his greatest and most powerful mages to seal away all magic in the world, trapping it into a stone for all time. The High King and his mages sacrificed their own lives to bind the magic away from the world, and finally the southern Kingdoms were able to shift the war to their favor, eventually felling the dark lord.

The war had ravaged the land, and countless were slain, but the remaining kingdoms swore to rebuild and protect the stone for all eternity. So they split the stone into three parts, scattering them to the far ends of the world to forever stay lost, else the Dark King return. For generations after, the southern Kingdoms rebuilt and grew mighty once more. For so long there was peace that the Great War of Binding became legend, and legend became myth, and myth became obscurity.

Until at last, dark stirrings began in the cold wastelands of the North, bringing frightening reports of horrible creatures like none had ever seen before, taking entire villiages in the dark of night, slaying Traders on their routes and burning and salting fields so that nothing might grow there again. The Dark Lord is a breath from returning, and the greatest heros that this age has, have been called to battle once again. They must find the stones before the Dark Lord's minions do, and bring him back to once again threaten the tenuous peace of the Southern Kingdoms.

****************************************

This thread is open to anyone who wants to play a "Hero" from one of the Southern Kingdoms. There are seven dominions, each has their own trade that they're well known for. I want to keep this open so that your own creativity and uniqueness can shine through in character creation.

I will note, however, that Magic is completely disallowed here for your Hero. Extraordinary, Olympian abilities are completely fine, but superhuman or magical abilities would be against the plot. Please feel free to play whatever "style" of hero you like, from a large barbarian beserker to a stealthy rogue like archer, and everything in between.

Questions, concerns, OOC conversation and anything else not immediately IC can be posted here.

You don't have to do a character sheet. Just feel free to post here what sort of hero you're interested in playing. I would also like to note that I'd like to see a certain level of skill in writing, I prefer experienced partners who post multiple paragraphs of text, and who employ the use of a spell check feature.
 
Last edited:
Hey, can I join this thread? I absolutely love these types of threads, and am very interested. Can I play a warrior type, but not a barbarian?
 
Hey, can I join this thread? I absolutely love these types of threads, and am very interested. Can I play a warrior type, but not a barbarian?

Absolutely! You can play whoever you like!

Once we get one or two more players, I'll start the IC thread. :)
 
Thanks.

Name: Arda Hammrason
Occupation: Mercenary
Weapons: One sword, two daggers, and a hunting knife
Height: 6ft 1"
Weight: 237 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Description: Growing up in the warrior kingdom, he was raised as a fighter. He had constant workouts, and if he didn't life's a certain amount of work n one day he would be beaten. He constantly stays in shape, and always tries to do the most work. Although sometimes annoying, he knows how helpful humor can be. He always cracks the joke, but in a fight is the one you want on your side.
Brief Bio: Growing up with five older brothers, all of them picking on him, and a father who had strength and work requirements, life was tough. But, because of them, he grew up a strong man, and considers his famil one of his most influential aspects of his life.
 
I'm in...that is, of course, if you will have me?

The character I had in mind is a ranger of sorts. Exceptional skill in archery and very good with a sword. He was once a knight commander; a captain of the watch for one of the southern provinces. An argument between him and the lord led to his desertion. He now travels as a mercenary, guide, and scout.
 
Last edited:
I'm in...that is, of course, if you will have me?

The character I had in mind is a ranger of sorts. Exceptional skill in archery and very good with a sword. He was once a knight commander; a captain of the watch for one of the southern provinces. An argument between him and the lord led to his desertion. He now travels as a mercenary, guide, and scout.

Sounds great! :D

If you guys have character pictures, post away!
 
Sounds great! :D

If you guys have character pictures, post away!

My character looks pretty much like this. I've always thought this portrayal of the Sherwood outlaw was very good, and I really like the overall look of Crowe's character here. I think it pretty much sums up what my ranger/mercenary would wear and carry as arms.

robinranger.jpg
 
My character looks pretty much like this. I've always thought this portrayal of the Sherwood outlaw was very good, and I really like the overall look of Crowe's character here. I think it pretty much sums up what my ranger/mercenary would wear and carry as arms.

Oh, he's perfect suge!

I got another PM with a person whose interested in joining, so I"m going to go ahead and start.
 
Zarik

Hi Everyone,
I’ll be playing a non-human hero, Zarik, a Minotaur. He will be all brute … some brains. So your characters will need to do most of the thinking. He is also a bit “bull headed” (comic relief!). For some depth … his race/kingdom does not get along with too many other kingdoms. For two primary reasons …they are excellent warriors … so his kingdom is feared. Secondly, they are bull headed … which results in conflict. He personally respects the other races even if he thinks they are weak. So he is trying to get them to like him … but he is not sure how to do that.

dark-age-of-camelot-labyrinth-of-the-minotaur_01_1024x768.jpg
 
Would characters with Elven features be permitted? I mean by appearances alone. She wouldn't be immortal or anything like that.

Juuuuust curious :)
 
Hello Satin,

Is there room for a lost, lowly old storyteller here in this RP?
 
Make room! Make room!

Room for elves and old storytellers!

Make room!
 
_elf__by_ValentinaKallias.jpg


Name: Maeko Caliandra
Age: 52
Apparent Age: 27
Race: Elf
Class: Samurai (Rōnin)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'11"

Appearance:
Caliandra is a tall Elven female, with long dark hair, fair skin and green eyes.
She has a lean but muscular body, and could usually be found carrying her prized sword Hisayo. She has either sold or stored away her armor, choosing to walk around with loose clothing, such as large shirts and dark pants tied at the waist.

Personality:
Caliandra is a warm and caring person, but she is also very serious when it comes to matter of personal honor. At least... that's how she used to be.

Biography:
The young Samurai was once a fierce protector of a powerful elven lord, but she lost her way when his castle came under siege and he lost his life. Without a master, Caliandra has taken to a life of wandering, though she has managed to keep her head above water by taking on a few odd jobs here and there.

It has been some time, however, since Maeko Caliandra has found any work. She can usually be found drunk, or at least hungover, and mumbling incoherently.
 
Last edited:
I will be playing a sort of rogue-type, but I can't find a picture just yet that fits the bill. In the meantime, here's the traditional sort of bio:


Pseudo Name(s): Kile McTaggart, a.k.a BJ Williams, a.k.a Bernard Joseph, a.k.a Jack Black (Just depends on what region of the country he’s in really)
Occupation: ‘Gentleman Adventurer’ or ‘Professional Acquirer’
Weapons: He may have a knife of two… and possibly one of yours….
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Description: Long and lean in spite of his 5’ 8” frame. A charmer and a looker; with glittering eyes, a sly smile and a silver tongue. (and quick fingers) Always on the move, ever looking for the next event to spare himself from the slow death of boredom and mediocrity.
Personality: Guess you'll actually have to interact with him to know more, but 'smart-ass' comes to mind at first appearance...
 
Ok, I was not aware it was up and running already.

I will get a post out soon as possible today. Sorry for my tardiness.
 
Back
Top