A Different Kind of Adventure - Looking for Interest!

DormantEvil

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Posts
2,189
A Different Kind of Adventure

Premise:
A group of college students are off on their summer holidays, and decide that from how it has started that its going to be one of the better trips yet. Having spent a few days enjoying the sun at their local beach, they had packed up one of the guys cars and plan on road tripping for the month.

On the way to the first camping spot, it begins to rain, and soon they drive into thick fog and spin out of control around the bend in the road. They crash and roll the car down an embankment, the roof crushes in, and each finds themselves injured to some degree. Before long they all pass out, as if lulled into sleep by some force.

Waking up, they find themselves trapped on the other side of a one way portal. All around them is a thick fog, a bright white light, and the smell of a cool crisp morning. They look upon a scene before them, although it looks partly transparent. It is their car. A woman of ethereal quality speaks to them, and explains how they were in an accident. She says that their mortal bodies were incapable of supporting life for much longer, and that she chose to offer them a second life, in exchange for helping her. She appears strained by the power she exerts just holding them in limbo.

They see what injuries they have, and notice that nobody would find them for at least an hour. The road was silent as they drove previously, and the embankment had no railing to break and alert someone to an accident.

The woman explains that she could hold the power to give them back their life. And that if they succeeded in helping her quell a rising threat within her lands, she would have enough strength then to send them back to their old bodies, and heal them. Time would not have passed in the real world. They have nothing to lose by trying.

It would be up to each person to take a change by returning to their dying bodies, or staying and helping the woman. She is her people's life spirit, and is fading with time, as their (her people) spirit fades as they find themselves under the control of a tyrant.



I'm hoping to start this RP within a fortnight. Basically we are normal people thrown into a world of darkness, and have to fight to survive, literally. It is a DnD style world, Orcs, Goblins, Elves, Dragons etc, and magic, not that you know how to use it yet.

Post here with a basic outline of what your human (college student) is like. From there, I'll let you know what choices you have DnD character wise.

Hope this gets some interest!
 
Last edited:
Name: Danny Jackson
Age: 20
Height: 5ft 11"
Body type: Athletic
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Brief Bio: A smart one, he was naturally talented with brains. During Elementary school, he was bullied a lot for not being athletic, and beginning in middle school he took some time to become athletic, but still keeping up his smarts. His dad left his mom when he was young, but his mom got by nicely, and they didn't struggle that much.
Description: Humorous, yet sometimes a smartass, he is likable. He has always liked dragons as a child, and doesn't believe that, if dragons existed, that they would be monsters. He doesn't believe that a person should limit their friend to their own gender, he has some friends that are girls, but doesn't date too much. He always pushes himself to go beyond his limits, and always gives 110%.
 
Last edited:
Black, you can choose between the following classes.

Half-dragon (if this is not something you would want to RP, just let me know)

Fighter/paladin/wizard (offensive more than defensive)

He is a soldier within the King's military, and leads a small unit of men. Although a half-dragon, he is highly respected and has proven himself by starting from the bottom and working his way up. Although not a peasant he is far from rich, and is working towards his retirement, and a title of land getting bestowed upon him at such a time.
 
Last edited:
Name: Lila Chase

Age: 19

Personality: Many people believe Lila to be shy as she is often found in the background of a social scene. In truth, she is observant. Lila choose to watch those around her, observing their behavior and taking in a situation before reacting. Though she can often be found with her nose in a book, Lila doesn't always play the wallflower. There is a party girl hidden somewhere deep inside her, just waiting to get out.

Brief Bio: Having grown up in a wealthy family, Lila lacked for nothing as a child. She attended all the right schools, had all the right friends. But she always felt like something was missing. Her parents were often away on business, that was when they weren't jet setting around Europe on their latest vacation, and Lila was raised by her nanny, Sophie Anne. Though her parents wanted her to attend Vasser, Lila wanted to forge her own path and opted for a small college that was far from the Ivy League. There she made a small place for herself and, for the first time, had a tight knit group of friends who didn't care how much money her family had or where she spent her holidays. In truth, Lila was finally happy.
 
Name: Dane Laudrup
Age: 21
Height: 6ft 2"
Body type: Compact(Very muscular, but not bulky)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Brief Bio: Played soccer and baseball up through high school, as well as doing martial arts and weapons training. Comes from a military background, so his father believed in keeping Dane in as good of shape and as prepared for anything as possible. Future Army Ranger, so has been trained in stealth and survival due to his father's military status. Excluded due to his familial background and all the "training trips" his dad made him take.
Description: Quiet and reserved, Dane usually observes and only speaks when spoken to. He doesn't take the lead, but will often help others if they lead. Dane is confident in himself, and will trust others to know what to do if they say they can. He never really had friends, but was always comfortable talking if talked to first. Dane was never more happy than when he finally got to leave for college and not be under his dad's rule.
 
Raiguy, would you be happy with either an Elven or Human Ranger/Hunter?

Your characters athletic abilities and his 'survival' type training makes him perfect for such a role.

I believe you would fit into the 'mountain man' style of Ranger, hunting and tracking game, guiding adventuring parties through the wilderness etc.
 
Last edited:
Suga, I think your character would be perfect for a drow priestess.

A follower of Eilistraee, the chaotic good drow goddess of song, swordwork, hunting, the moon and beauty.

In your past life as a drow, you were trained in the Underdark as a follower of Lloth. This was a strenuous and compedative upbringing, and you were constantly pressured to excel. Running away to the surface, you became a follower of Eilistraee in an attempt to start a good life.

You have left behind the riches and power, and live to help others.

As a priestess you can be a fighter or a cleric.
 
I could do either. I was thinking more of a stealth type when I designed him. That's generally what I like to do when I play those types of games. Is this medieval or modern?
 
A stealthy tracker and hunter then, you can use a bow and daggers to fit into this style.

This starts off in modern times, with you all driving along a highway when you are in a car accident. Then it will jump to another place, a limbo of sorts, and then once you are transformed into these new characters it will be medieval (think of a DnD, Forgotten Realms style of world).
 
I suppose that might work. It will actually work in with my idea later on.

I'm trying not to double up too much on the races, but having a connection between the military and the followers of Eilistraee may be good.

You aid the King's military concerning the Underdark, and are vital in keeping an eye on the clergy of Eilistraee. Making sure they are remaining good aligned and not slipping back into evil clutches.

However, when not performing these duties, you prefer to be alone. What you do in this time is up to you.
 
Last edited:
Sounds good to me. Now whilst saying that, it doesn't mean you have to live there, or attend all the 'services'. You follow their beliefs, but range much further away. So don't feel as though you are stuck to always work beside them.

You may prefer working under the employ of the King, as a soldier or scout, or a spy into the Underdark for instance.
 
Suga, I think your character would be perfect for a drow priestess.

A follower of Eilistraee, the chaotic good drow goddess of song, swordwork, hunting, the moon and beauty.

In your past life as a drow, you were trained in the Underdark as a follower of Lloth. This was a strenuous and compedative upbringing, and you were constantly pressured to excel. Running away to the surface, you became a follower of Eilistraee in an attempt to start a good life.

You have left behind the riches and power, and live to help others.

As a priestess you can be a fighter or a cleric.


Priestess sounds good to me. I think cleric would be more on point with her personality. :)
 
I think we just need either a tank now, or someone who can "go barbarian" on the enemies, like Wulfgar
 
Yep, in the meantime, if you wanted you could find an image of your new characters. I don't mind how they look, as long as they are in line with your race/class requirement.

We have a Half-Dragon Fighter, a Drow Priestess (Cleric) and a Drow Ranger.

I was hoping to get at least four people for this, if not five. Since that would make more sense road trip wise.

If nobody shows interest in the next few days, I'll rework it so that you three can start. And I'll just up your skills a bit to compensate.
 
My Character

Weapons: two swords, a bow and arrows, several daggers, and a staff that breaks down into three pieces(Think big nunchucks) used as a walking stick and nonlethal weapon(mostly)
 
Name: Elise Turner

Age: 19

Elise is just your average teen, plain looking. She can be found lying somewhere day dreaming, she has average grades, not an A student but seems to be passing classes with no trouble, but she doesnt care. Elise is quiet and has her own little quirks which others seem strange, which means she only has a close group of friends which she sometimes socialises with.

Elise has never lived a glamorous lifestyle, working part time at a local video store had let her continue her schooling and rent out a little studio apartment next to her school. This was her first holiday she had tried to hide her excitement but couldn't help grinning whenever she thought about it. Even though she has a close group of friends she sometimes prefer to be alone and day dream.

(is it to late to join? Thread caught my attention.)
 
So here's a character :) You may be able to tell I'm trying to skew her to fit the needs of the group, just a touch ;)

Name: Anna Johnson
Age: 19

Brief Bio: Anna was always a tomboy. She liked sports, from football to boxing, from the time she was little. Maybe it was having 4 older brothers, maybe it was having a father who was willing to leave work early for a baseball game, but Anna was a sports fiend from the time she could talk. Her mother despaired - she'd been so happy to have a girl she could put in pretty dresses. Anna spent most of her time outside of school in martial arts classes or at sports practices; at various times, she did karate, boxing, football, baseball, kendo, swimming, Muay Thai, and akido.

She quickly developed the reputation for being the girl no one wanted to mess with in high school, particularly after several of the boys she was on the football team with decided to try and sneak a peek in the locker room as she was changing. They got an eyefull of how she'd grown, and then she managed to beat the snot out of them for looking.
 
Back
Top