a Sunday score (open to F)

Liplovinman

who knows?
a Sunday score (closed to the fine Ms Summer Lopez90)

Sunday afternoons for Joe were always his day to hang at the local watering hole and watch the games. He knew most of the faces by name, enjoyed some sports related conversation, but the extent if his day was about the games. New faces came and went, and more than a few females had hit on him, but he considered it harmless flirting and paid little attention to anything other than a good lager and the score.
He found a seat early, it was the first week of playoffs. The commentators droned on with predictions and Joe got his hellos in as familiar faces filled the bar. Hew relaxed his 6'2" frame into the stool and pushed his hand though the short pepper gray stubble of his head and two days growth across his face. He wondered if he ever needed to shave on the weekend?

(Please PM your ideas for character or interaction prior to posting - your character can be a patron, an employee, relative of a regular, or anyone wishing to interact)

Last edited:
As the games started, Joe became more aware that he was older than most of the regulars here, at 52 there were few even in their 40's here. No wonder he never took any flirting to heart - his attention faded back to the screen as the first game kicked off.

It was Summer's first day at the sports bar. She was pretty nervous as she had only worked a small hotel bar before this, and this was a pretty popular bar. And of course it was the first week of playoffs, so they were sure to be packed.

She didn't really need to be trained how to bartend, but their computers took some getting used to. She had dressed in a short jean skirt and red V-neck top, her outfit showing off her tanned legs and ample cleavage. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail, which swished as she walked in her cute pumas. She looked good for 32 years old, and she knew it.

After a few hours, she was beginning to feel more comfortable. She was chatting with some of the guys at the bar, making sure to bend over so they could get a good look down her shirt. Helped with the tips for sure.

Everyone at the bar had been served, so she walked out to the tables to clean up empties and see if any of the other customers wanted refills. There was a particular guy who had caught her eye. He was older than her, maybe late 40s she guessed. He had a very distinguished look about him, and he was alone. He was intently watching the game. She sauntered up to him.

"Hey there doll. Can I get you something?" she asked him, leaning against the table and propping her foot on his barstool, making sure her cleavage was right at his eye level.

"Hey there doll. Can I get you something?"

Joe was caught offguard, to be certain, the regs knew his concentration level when it came to the games, and when he looked up to see a glimpse of swaying blonde hair and a pretty smile, he almost forgot to register the overlong glance at her cleavage framed in red. He feared his face might be adding a few shades of crimson as well. He heard the roar in the bar and quickly pushed his eyes back to the screen to see what he had missed, only to find the cheers related to giveaway the bar had put together to draw business.

He turned his eyes back to the face of the blonde in front of him and gave her a wink, "I think I'm fine, for the moment, thanks." He watched her walk away and gave note to the swing of her hips. His face was definitely red, he could feel it. He emptied his beer mug - looking at it in his hand he started to talk to himself. 'Smart Joe, she asked if you needed anything and you said no - brilliant!' He chuckled as he made his way to the bar. So, the new blonde was a bartender... he might have to sit barside more often.

He waited to get her attention and as she moved back his way, he felt the blush return to his cheeks. She had more than Joe's eyes as she came from the other end of the bar.

"Looks like I ignored a pressing need. Any chance I could take you up on the offer?" He let the thought swirl, not intending the double meaning, but aware that it hung there between them anyway.

She walked back to the bar picking up more empties as she went. She had a few patrons waiting for her to pour them shots. She flirted with them, and they bought one for her too. Patron. "Thanks guys!" she said, filling a few more beer mugs after throwing it back. "Whoo!"

Then she saw him. The sexy older guy, standing at the other end of the bar, motioning to her. She smiled brightly and sauntered towards him, keeping eye contact with him the whole time. He had seemed so shy when she had just approached him, but now he seemed bolder somehow, especially what he said to her. Summer couldn't help but giggle at his double entendre. She leaned on the bar and grabbed his beer mug, her face mere inches from his. "A pressing need, eh? Sure thing, darlin'. What can I get you?"

"A pressing need, eh? Sure thing, darlin'. What can I get you?"

Joe felt his face flush even more as he stumbled through his response. "I might have been hasty when you first offered, but I could use another." He meekly pushed his mug a few inches toward her, but did not back down. Joe was enjoying the flirt, as he always had. No harm in it, after all, this lovely was a sight and had definitely chosen her attire for the attention. He was more than up to giving her some of his.

It was a shame that she could not stay this close, he was catching a hint of her fragrance and the warmth of her smile. Someone had definitely been hiring right!

Summer smiled at her customer as she refilled his mug. He was certainly charming in a refreshing way. Maybe because he was older than most of the other patrons in here, she wondered.

After she set his mug down, she winked at him and refilled a couple more mugs a few seats down the bar. She kept glancing back at him, feeling drawn to him somehow. She walked up to him again. "Hey there, sugar. What's your name, by the way? Or I can just keep calling you sugar," she teased, as she wiped up some spills around his mug. "I'm Summer, by the way. It's my first day, and I'm kinda nervous," she told him, whispering and leaning over towards him at that last part.

Joe watched her move along the bar, there was an elegance about her in the efficient way she kept the drinks moving. He almost felt bad for taking her away from the rest of the paying patrons, almost...
He had seen a wink, hadn't he? Well, he would be sure to tip her well. And as he started calculating his spend, his mind wandered to other tips and ways to put them to use.
He shook his head for a moment and chastised himself for having lewd thoughts about this lovely he had just met. He enjoyed the gentle sensation of heat rising to his cheeks as he caught himself staring at her backside. Joe would have to find a table if he wanted to concentrate on the game.

She walked up to him again. "Hey there, sugar. What's your name, by the way? Or I can just keep calling you sugar," she teased, as she wiped up some spills around his mug. "I'm Summer, by the way. It's my first day, and I'm kinda nervous," she told him, whispering and leaning over towards him at that last part.

He caught a strong scent this time and resisted the urge to prolong his inhalation of her. He leaned in to the point his mouth was almost at her ear. "I'm Joe hun, pleased to meet you. No need to feel nervous around here, most are harmless and incredibly forgiving." He backed away a bit as he finished his thought, trying not to imagine nibbling her lobe. "Not that you need any... (he wondered if this was intentional, his penchant for entendre) any forgiving that is..." The color in his cheeks was only to be matched by the heat below his belt. He returned her earlier wink as a punctuation mark.

"Aww thanks doll," she said, feeling a tingle run down her spine as he winked at her. She felt incredibly nervous around him now, not so much the job. His flirting was really getting to her; Her temperature was rising. Time to move away from him!

Summer tried to busy herself around the bar. Joe was very handsome and she was finding herself quite distracted by him. He seemed to be blushing in her presence, too. 'No Summer, leave the customers alone!' she chastised herself. But her gaze kept traveling back to Joe. Oh darn. He needs another refill.

"So Joe, do you come here often?" Summer asked him as she poured him another brew without even asking him. The crowd was beginning to thin out some as the games were starting to wind down.

He continued to watch Summer move, trying to keep an eye on the games, but finding her form more suited to his attention. He caught himself admiring her, more than once, berating himself for not only staring but daydreaming. Summer had not done anything but gently remind him how long it had been since a woman had truly caught his eye. He felt a tad voyueristic, and continued to occupy himself as the crowd of regulars thinned.

He noticed, as did his efficient bartender (yes, for some reason, he had begun to think of her as his), that his beer was low. He could not help but meet her eyes as she moved in his direction.

He had met her eyes a few times prior, but there seemed to be something more in this look now - even if he was imagining it.

"So Joe, do you come here often?"

Joe shook his head, a slight grin came to his features. She looked a little perplexed by his reaction, and he felt the heat of another flush roll through his cheeks. "Summer, it's been quite sometime since I've said that line, but I've never been on the receiving end." How could he tell her that in his mind he had changed the spelling of her comment and indeed felt that it might be a possibility if he couldn't keep his mind in check.

SmSummer smiled broadly at his reaction to her "line". He was definitely flustered around her, and she loved it. She wasn't used to guys acting quite so respectful around her, and so tastefully flirtatious. She glanced around the bar. Most of the patrons were now involved in the game or playing pool or otherwise occupying themselves. She grabbed another beer mug and filled it with Joe's flavor of brew and walked around the bar to take a seat on the stool next to his.

"Hope you don't mind some company," Summer said softly as she sat down. "I need a break and you are the only one I really feel like talking to," she admitted shyly. She took a swig of beer, catching his eyes as she did. She felt like she could get lost in his eyes, if she allowed herself to.

He hated to admit being out of his element, but he definitely felt it with Summer. The urges to do or say more than just pleasantries were not easily vanquished. He felt more and more like a kid in school, looking to get a girls number. As Summer headed around the bar, Joe immediate became disheartened, for some reason he expected that she was saying good bye. The bar had slowed, at it was not unreasonable for the shift to change.

When she sat next to him, Joe had more than a view of her cleavage, and as he forced himself to look elsewhere, he immediately began to feel the flush as well as the urge return.

"Hope you don't mind some company," Summer said . "I need a break and you are the only one I really feel like talking to,"

It was sweet of her to say, but he also felt that she meant it, singling him out amoungst the wolf pack that could be the under 30 crowd here.

"I'm not only honored, I'm flustered." He could take a joke at his own expense and he felt he'd better acknowledge it now, or never be able to live it down. He gave her a gracious smile and kept hold of her eyes an instant more than was necessary. There was another world behind those eyes, one he felt few bothered to explore. Summer had alot of assets that might make someone miss the depth of her, but then she counted on her tips.

Summer sat there next to Joe for quite some time. She didn't comment on his statement about being flustered as she didn't want to embarrass him or give him any cause to leave. They both just sat there watching the rest of the game together, virtually in silence. She didn't really know what to say; she wasn't the type of girl who usually had to worry about a guy being in to her because of her verbal communication skills. But she also didn't feel like she, or he, needed to speak. She just felt good being next to him.

Of course this wasn't a date. She was at work. She hopped up and jogged around the bar as a few new customers came in. "What can I get for you?" she asked, looking over at Joe and winking. She felt warm and fuzzy from that beer. She imagined he was feeling good, too.

The customers, two burly athletic type guys, ordered two draft beers and three soco and lime shots, "one for you too, sweetheart," the one guy said, leering at her. Summer shivered slightly, yet smiled and graciously accepted the shot. She couldn't stand guys like this. Her gaze traveled back to Joe. Why couldn't she just be here with him, instead of working?

It was amiable silence between them, a distance Joe felt he wanted to bridge ever so slightly, and yet... he so enjoyed her physical presence that they continued on, quietly measured. The game was an excuse now, something they shared without words. He couldn't remember the last time a woman had sat next to him in the bar, at least someone he wanted next to him, and apparently held the same opinion of him.

When the two new muscle bound guys walked in, the trance was broken, Joe was quickly reminded that this was Summer's job, and no matter how he felt about how these guys treated her, he had no right to interfere. He could feel the flush as Summer accepted another drink from one of the men, watching him do his best to undress her with his eyes.

Joe watched Summer during the exchange and found himself noting her smile, her words and the lack of spark in her eyes. He cajoled himself with thoughts of that spark only being there for him. He smiled as he imagined every guy in the bar might feel the same, or project the same fantasy to their minds.

The difference was the smile, the wink, the glances in his direction. He did not see them directed at anyone else, thought the audience potential was limited now. He put down his card on the bar top, caught Summer's eye and signed the air, ready for his check. Walking toward the men's room, he passed directly behind the two heavily muscled guys and did his best body building pose for Summer, who almost choked on the beer she was sipping. He gave her a wink and headed in to relieve himself of his afternoon's intake.

Summer couldn't help but laugh out loud at Joe's impersonation of the annoying new customers. He disappeared into the bathroom, and Summer slammed the rest of her beer. She knew Joe was leaving soon; she didn't want him to, yet felt embarrassed serving other guys in front of him now. Why, Summer? She asked herself. She grabbed his card and ran it, placing his bill on the bar.

She stared at the bill. Of course she had flipped it upside down as usual, but the pen and blank paper were beckoning to her...

Before she lost her nerve, she darted back over to Joe's seat, grabbed the pen and scribbled "hope we can watch a game sometime when I'm off-Summer" with her cell number underneath her name.

She saw Joe walking back to the bar and made herself look busy restocking the beer. 'What did I just do? He's probably gonna laugh his ass off and throw my number away!' she groaned inwardly.

Joe appreciated the smiles from Summer, wondered how much was good service and how much might be crossing the line. It didn’t help him use the head when he started to firm in his hand. What the hell? She’d done nothing to warrant that kind of reaction. Maybe all it took for this old fella is someone to be kind? He laughed to himself, glad that there was no one nearby to see his predicament or hear his internal monologue. He composed himself at the mirror, chastising himself for not shaving or wearing anything decent to the bar – hell, now he was his own worst enemy. He felt moderately composed as he headed back to the bar, the rush of air reminding him of the reality of the circumstances.

Joe pulled up to the bar, wondering if he should find out if Summer was going to be back behind the bar anytime soon. She seemed overly occupied with the other men and Joe was most certain now that Summer had been the perfect host, as her employers would have wanted. He picked up the credit card slip and started his copy in half, seeing her name and number inked in quick but fluid strokes across the back of his copy. Anyone watching could see the flush return, deep crimson as he read and re-read her message.

Joe caught Summer’s eye with a wink and walked toward the door. He could feel his body reacting again to the encounter, even though the majority of it was over a solid bartop, Joe was feeling amazingly light on his feet and in need of adjustment. He stopped by his truck and wondered if he should have said something to Summer before he had left. Pulling out his cell he dialed her number and hung up before it rang. Shouldn’t he have some sort of rehearsal here? Maybe he should be a bit more scripted?

Joe pulled the phone, hit redial and foraged on, mindlessly. As he heard the greeting, Summer did not speak her name, but he knew he had the correct number by the smile behind her voice. Almost as though someone had just told her a joke before she hit record. She recited her number and indicated that a message would be necessary if anyone required a call in return.

“Summer, this is Joe, you left your number on my receipt and I thought I better take it with me, so no one else had the chance to give you a call before I did. (stupid, he thought, but real) What time are you off?” (should he leave a number – no, no sense in stating the obvious, she would know) He gave a laugh, nervous, hanging up the phone in the process.

Now how could she take him seriously with that laugh at the end. He made his way back to the bar sheepishly and looked in through the expanse of glass. Summer was talking to the two burly guys at the other end of the bar as Joe looked at his watch. He strolled back through the doors and grabbed a table in the bar, looking over the menu. He gave Summer a healthy smile and wondered if she was off anytime soon…

Summer watched Joe leave the bar quickly. Of course. He saw her number and was repulsed. She shook her head at herself. First day on the job and already screwing up by pushing customers, especially a regular, away!

She glanced at the clock. Thank god she only had 30 minutes left of her shift.

She continued serving her customers with a smile and a wink, although she wasn't as into it anymore. In fact she had the strong desire to run out of here.

Just as she was ringing out her last group of guys, she heard the door open and glanced over. Her breath caught. Joe. And he was smiling at her. Summer felt her heart skip a beat. He had sat down and was looking through the menu. Maybe he was hungry? She sure was.

She cleared her throat and walked over to him.

"Well hey there! Thought ya left," Summer said, placing her hand on his shoulder. "Are you hungry? I know I am! I can place an order for you, but my shift is almost over so..." she trailed off. How did she say she wanted to join him? And could she even join him? She didn't know the rules of fraternizing with the customers.

Did Joe even see her number on his bill? Should she ask? She felt so out of sorts!

Joe had to smile, there was a slight blush to her cheeks now. Were their roles reversing? She must have gotten his message – or at least seen that he had called. “Are you hungry?” Her words echoed a bit in his mind as she stood next to his table.

Joe snapped himself out of his stupor, only to feel a fresh wave of heat creeping up his neck. Joe’s eye level at the ties on her apron string, his mouth just below… He pulled himself together, marginally. He could not remember how long he had been thinking or where his eyes had been placed when she approached the table. Only that there was a flow to her hips, a lithe form that he wanted to have near him again.

“Amazing, as much time as I have spent here, I’ve never looked at the menu.” Joe began to busy himself with flipping through the pages. He had to do something to divert his mind.

He closed the book and looked up at Summer, careful to take a direct path to her eyes. He pulled out the carefully folded copy of his receipt and laid it discreetly on the table. Joe watched as Summer’s eyes moved to what he had carefully placed on the wood surface.

“I’d be honored to be in your company Summer, coffee, a drink, dinner…. Care to join me while we decide?”

She watched Joe place his bill with her number on the table. Summer felt her heart flutter in her chest. He wants her to join him! Remain calm, she told herself. She looked back at the clock.

Deep breath. Turning back to Joe she said "Oh yes sure! I'm, um, off in about 10 minutes. Let me go finish up and I'll be back, okay?"

Slow down, Summer! Relax. Just go finish stocking the bar and clock out.

"Can I get you anything while you wait? On the house," she said softly, leaning down to place her hand over his bill and gaze into his eyes, her hand brushing his momentarily. She felt electricity humming between them in that moment, her legs shaking as she waited for his response.

He felt his pulse quicken as her hand brushed his, staying his response to ask for anything inappropriate. "No need to get yourself in trouble Summer, but I will take a Slippery Nipple." He smiled, hoping she would get the joke - leering just a bit comically. If she called him on it, he wouldn't be able to control himself. Be he saw the jitter in her leg, as it woobled a bit unsteady. He reached out to touch her there, calm her and stopped his hand in midmotion. If Joe wasn't careful she would think she was supposed to shake it....

He let her off the hook though, to distract her from his outstretched fingers. No need to her to think him a pervert this early on. "Nothing really Summer, I'll just be relaxing here. (trying not to stare, he mused)"

Summer smiled at him, grateful that he actually wanted to wait for her to get off. Get off...been awhile since she had...

Focus, Summer!

"I'll be back in two shakes of a lambs tail," she said to Joe, giggling with glee. She bounded back towards the bar, in a hurry to finish up.*

Within moments she had grabbed her purse and was walking back towards his table in the back. She had decided she really wanted to go somewhere else, anywhere else. She didn't know the rules on fraternizing with the customers but she didn't want to find out.

"Hey Joe," she said softly as she approached him. "I'm all yours!" she giggled again at how that just came out unbidden. "I mean, no more customers. Just you. Not that you are just a customer..." Shut up Summer!

She bit her lip. "Can we go somewhere else though? I've been here all day, I'd like a change of scenery." hopefully he didn't take that the wrong way. She just shut her mouth, unknowingly holding her breath as she waited for his response.

Joe watched the transformation, as Summer moved about her business, a quick glance in his direction, maitaining his attention throughout. He saw the little girl in her bubble up as she became excited to spend time with him. Joe was excited as well, just the thought was causing havoc in his loins. But it was more than sexual tension.

Joe did not hesitate to stare in her direction, and as Summer caught his eyes, he breathed slowly, softened his gaze, but did not look away. He thought he saw her skip for a moment behind the bar, in a hurry to complete her duties, as they both willed the clock to move a bit faster.

She moved back toward him and he was struck by the finished product. The guard she had in play with every patron of the bar had loosened, as had her hair, her smile brightened, or perhaps it was the twinkle in her eye that was beaming.

"I'm all yours!"......

He knew there was more to the conversation, but he felt the flush return, unexpectedly. Way to remain cool Joe. He surmised she was playing with him, as he had earlier with her. No matter, there was a question of where to go before him and he supposed he should reposition his eyes for a moment to consider.

"Leave it to me." He gave her a wink and extended an arm. A formality, but he hoped she might take it, the thought of her touching him was making him a but insane, but he looked forward to it because of what it did to him.

Joe, you are in trouble here, tread carefully. If Summer begins to realize just what kind of hold she has might have on you....

Summer smiled warmly at Joe as he extended his arm. Such a gentleman. So unlike anyone she had ever known. He was so mysterious in a sexy way, and she had to get to know him better. There was something about him, something that drew her to him.

"Why thank you, kind sir," she giggled as she lightly placed her hand in the crook of his arm. Her breath caught in her throat at the simple contact. His arm was so muscular under his shirt, and so warm...and there was an electricity between them. She looked up at him, his gaze upon her captivating. She swallowed.

"Thank you, Joe," she said softly. "This is embarrassing, but I don't have a car," she confessed as they walked into the parking lot. "I hope you don't mind me riding with you?"

Geez he probably thought she was a loser. A bartender with no car. She hoped he wouldn't think less of her!

"Why thank you, kind sir," Joe felt the heat radiate from her touch. His muscles tensed briefly from the contact, before he felt Summer's ease in the guesture. Her giggle was fresh, escaping her lips without a thought. They could have been teenagers on a first date. When he caught her eyes, there was something there he could not recognize, but he marvelled at the way they could enjoy the silence between them. Summer's gaze did not move away, and Joe felt no compunction to remove divert his eyes.

"This is embarrassing, but I don't have a car, I hope you don't mind me riding with you?"

Joe was happy to hear that he would have her with him, he had expected they would travel seperately. It was becoming more and more of a date to Joe, and despite his past, he was giving in quickly and easily to the idea.

"I wouldn't have it any other way Summer. I guess it's official then?" He knew he had left her on the edge, and as she paused to search his eyes, "I believe this is a date!" He winked, giving her no chance to answer as they moved toward his truck.

Crap! What the hell do he have in his truck right now? His mind was racing - there were plans on the passenger seat, his tool box on the floor of the passenger floor board. He'd need to do some housekeeping before giving his guest a ride!

Back