Curiously why do you write?

Kamular84

Really Experienced
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Posts
141
I'm curious as to why we all chose to write?

Here's my story.

5 years since my accident on boxing day this year, I fell of a trailer and hit my head causing a Traumatic Brain Injury, I'm fully recovered with no surgery and lasting physical attributes luckily.

I find that writing helps me deal with my anxiety since my head injury, stepping into story mode helps my brain shut down its thoughts and concentrate on the story im writing, giving me peace and stops my headaches. I've been to doctors and he was shocked but not surprised it's helping me overcome my anxiety.

All helps to have your mind always in the gutter or so i'm told and I love to tease.

I started with poetry, but with teasing a friend on day while giving her details about what i wanted to do to her, she suggested I give this a try

I'm still learning but it's a start
 
Last edited:
Writing fiction is completely different from what I do for my day job. It's very satisfying, and writing erotica adds a fun element of kink-fulfillment to the satisfaction.
 
Writing fiction is completely different from what I do for my day job. It's very satisfying, and writing erotica adds a fun element of kink-fulfillment to the satisfaction.

Yeah exactly it allows us all to live out our fantasies!
 
I decided that I wanted to do the same as other writers and put my imagination into print. The problem is my imagination is weird and I have to tone it down a lot to get it past the censor.
 
because for me, it's simply fun. it turns off the other voices in my head.
 
We all have worlds in our head and those worlds die if we don’t put them to paper. I have creative ideas I want to write about and mix sex with story. I have an audience that enjoys my work so I write more when I can.
 
When I was a kid, a friend of my father used to say: 'If at first you don't succeed, give up. There's no point in looking like an idiot for the rest of your life.' And then he would laugh.

And so when, at about the age of 14, I submitted an attempt at a short story to a magazine, and had it accepted, I just kept going. Why wouldn't you? :)
 
Mostly for fun, and also because it’s easier sometimes to write myself the stories I want to read than it is to wade through loads of sites and stories to find them written by others.
 
I have always written. For as long as I can remember. Sometimes the words just come to me. Sometimes I feel compelled to write something quickly. And I will and then I'll forget about it. Then I'll run across it later and think that it looks like something I would write. And then I realize that I did write it. Heh.

Sometimes I write for other people. One of my stories here although true was written at the request of a certain person here. I chose to put in details that I knew that person and some others here would like. I could have easily left those details out, but I do try to write for my audience sometimes. Other times I write for me.

Some of my writing comes about from memories. Memories of certain people or times.

I do love to talk. Some might say that I never shut up. But when I talk, I can sometimes ramble and veer all over the place. If I write those words down, I can go back and revise them. Yeah, I still might ramble. It's what I seem to do. But I find that in writing things down, I can more easily convey to another person what I mean to say to them. I have poems that I have written for others and it's my gift to them. I want to let them know how I feel about them. How much I appreciate them. And sometimes when I try to do that in person, I get all silly and start laughing.

The writing that I began doing here was perhaps part of my new life. I was in the process of getting out of a nasty marriage. We were legally separated but the divorce dragged on and on. I have a super high sex drive and was tired of going without. And yet... I'm not a cheater. Not even when we were separated. I've since found out that he is. Just as I suspected. But I digress. The erotic writing was a way for me to relive past good times and think about a better future.
 
That's quite a good reason to write Jada and I'm glad to see we all have our own reasons.
 
I started writing erotica because I had a hard time finding the type of stories I wanted to read. So I decided to try myself and realized it's more rewarding to write my own little worlds. I very much enjoy the creative process, moving from some kinky idea to a complete story by laying the puzzle that makes it believable.

Also, I write a lot of technical/scientific in my work, and I've found that writing fiction improves my other writing too. Though the tone is massively different when writing technical stuff, there are a lot of commonalities in terms of structuring sentences and generating a coherent flow. Or at least that's what I tell myself when I think about how much time spend writing erotica :)
 
I wrote a lot when I was a child, but stopped at some point.

I began again as a means of personal catharsis, and found out I was, by some accounts, very good at it. Once I started, I didn't want to stop. I am an addict, and I suppose it's a far healthier addiction than others I have had.
 
Last edited:
My first writings were stories I wrote in a notebook and passed around to other kids in class when I was in elementary school. I never stopped writing altogether but personal computers certainly make it easier than typing or writing longhand and trying to edit/alter in those formats. Even when not writing my brain constantly comes up with ideas as I have an active imagination. So I might as well write and put it out there where at least some readers will get enjoyment from it.
 
That's the two main reasons I have taken up writing some fictional some real life experiences
 
I have fantasies. Nearly all of which stem from the germ of an experience. My stories are 'what-might-have-been'.

I tend to take mental short-cuts on everything but, to write, I have to slow down and think through what is happening. I have found that this allows my mind to fill in the blanks. The situation becomes more real, more nuanced and more erotic.

Writinig is purely for my own benefit. Posting something that gets positive feedback is a bonus.
 
At first it was just for fun, a way to put my fantasies into words, bring them to life in a different way.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the feedback, whether it was criticism or praise. Writing also led to discussions with others about certain topics that led to even more ideas for stories.

But I also found that writing about my fantasies, creating stories around them, gave me confidence to actually pursue a couple of them for real. Nothing too extreme, but definitely stepping outside my comfort zone, and those experiences were exhilarating.

So now I feel like I have more of an open mind about a lot of things. And I'm more confident on many levels.

And writing (and reading) is still super fun. I just wish I had time to write more often!
 
I write "For the Whored" because I can laugh like a crazed lunatic while I write it. I can push myself in ways I don't feel comfortable writing else wise.

I write in general because I have these visions in my head and they must come out on paper. I wish I could confidently write everything as well as I do my pinnacle of achievement that is this account's soul purpose. Maybe I wouldn't essentially hate everything else I write.

I want to be published. I want to hold my book in my hand and say "look at this thing I did! someone values me!" But I will continue to write even if I never get published, because I can't do anything else.

There have been times in my life where I couldn't write, and it drove me into a destructive depression. (My ex-husband mostly).

I have to write... I'm now in college working on just that goal. To refine what I have and possibly see help in finishing what I keep starting.
 
Back
Top