Songs/pieces of music that bring tears to your eyes/take your breath away, etc.

erotica_n_s

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Posts
307
.

Songs that bring tears to my eyes (okay, maybe not literally):


"Stolen" - Lucie Silvas

"Love of My Life" - Queen

"Leaving Paris" - Craig Armstrong (instrumental – solo piano)





Pieces of music that take my breath away (again – maybe not literally):


"The Earth Prelude" - Ludovico Einaudi

"My Name is Lincoln" - from "The Island" soundtrack - Steve Jablonsky

"Now We Are Free" - from "Gladiator" soundtrack - Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard

End Titles music from the film "Independence Day" (1996) - David Arnold




Your suggestions – for other similar pieces of music – would be welcome...

.
 
Staind - It's Been Awhile or 3 Doors Down- Here Without You always bring a tear or two to me. :(
 
I remember a time when I was so on edge and burnt out that I couldn't listen to anything on my iPod. Then I found a CD of Enya's Watermark and put it on. It was exactly what I needed. The emotional release was intense ... almost orgasmic. I cried and felt a great peace overwhelm me when the "On Your Shore" track finished. I never dreamed that any piece of music could move me so.

Other pieces: Franz Schubert's "Ave Maria." That goes straight to the target, every time.

And George Harrison's "Here Comes The Sun" usually lifts me up, too. I hear the people clapping, and I want to clap, too.

"Touch of Grey" by the Grateful Dead. I listen to it and think that maybe I, too, will survive.
 
Songs that bring tears to my eyes:

Warning Sign ~ Coldplay

Evergreen ~ Barbara Streisand

Eric Clapton ~ River of Tears (especially his beautiful,weepy guitar solo. I mean all of his solos are great. After all, "Clapton is God")

Goodbye's the Saddest Word ~ Celine Dion

************************************

Songs that take my breath away:

Eva Cassidy ~ You Take My Breath Away (yes, that's really the name)

To Love You More ~ Celine Dion

Romance ~ Franz Lizst

Not Myself ~ Amos Lee

Thank You ~ Led Zeppelin

Gymnopedie No. 1 ~ Erik Satie

Flower Travelin' Man ~ Earthless


Just to name a few... Okay, more than a few. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Gorecki by Lamb
Accidental Babies by Damien Rice
Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard & Market Irglova (gets me every.single.time)
Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead
Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
Gabriel by Lamb
Love to a Monster by Okkervil River
 
Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy
Say Something by A Great Big World
Stand Where I Stood by Missy Higgins
Taps (particularly problematic since I've been known to play the echo at Veterans Day services)
 
You remain,
My power, my pleasure, my pain, baby
To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny.
Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?


a kiss from a rose-seal
 
Last edited:
The last music that brought tears to my eyes... well, it was a street concert in Eureka CA (Old Town), and I was too close to the speakers, and Elvin Bishop's guitar was REAL loud...

Otherwise, I get pretty carried away by Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade. And Bach's violin partitas.
 
"Almost Lover" and "Say Something" get me every time. Have you seen the video for "Say Something"? It wrecked me; I was so unprepared.

Yep, no hurry to see it again. I'm beginning to think I should buy stock in Kleenex.

Silent All These Years by Tori Amos usually gets me.
When She Loved Me and Good Enough by Sarah McLachlan get me all choked up too.
 
Accidental Babies by Damien Rice
Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard & Market Irglova (gets me every.single.time)

I was coming to post these two songs!!!! I actually posted Accidental Babies in another thread just last week.

Those are two of the saddest songs I've ever heard. Accidental Babies is just brutal.

I would add to that list Rootless Tree. Man. What power.
 
"Almost Lover" and "Say Something" get me every time. Have you seen the video for "Say Something"? It wrecked me; I was so unprepared.

Almost Lover is haunting. And I'm pretty sure I have a crush on the singer.

You lot have some great musical taste!
 
Back
Top