Chain story, anyone?

entitled

the quiet one
Looks like i'm starting it, so...

Greek Myths
take two

Rules are simple: Pick a Greek mythological figure that hasn't been taken.
Write a story.

The stories/poems/whatever should be titled like so: Greek Myths: (insert name here) For example, mine would be Greek Myths: Arachne's Tale or something similar.

Contributors should follow the schedule as posted. Let me know if this is a problem for you and we can shuffle stuff around. Post on this thread when it's submitted so the list can be updated.

If you can not make the Saturday night deadline, you will be moved to the bottom of the author's list. Sort of like the skip card in Uno. Since we're just working our way down the list, it could be some time before you get another chance to submit.

It's open ended. As many people can sign up as would like. i'll start the whole thing off on January 22, so there's still plenty of time.

The list of authors and themes so far:

entitled - Arachne
Stella_Omega - Icarus and Daedalus
SelenaKittyn - Persephone posted
logophile - Pandora
MistressJett - Hestia parts 1 & 2 posted
oggbashan - Heracles in Queen Omphale's court posted
cloudy - Circe
Boxlicker101 - Jason and the Golden Fleece
SelenaKittyn - Orpheus and Eurydice posted
SelenaKittyn - Aphrodite and Hephaestus
goldeniangel - Perseus and Andromeda

entitled: submission 2/5, to post 2/9
Selena: submission 2/8, to post 2/12
Stella Omega: submission 2/11, to post 2/15
cloudy: submission 2/14, to post 2/18
Jett: submission 2/17, to post 2/22
Og: submission 2/21, to post 2/25
Logo: submission 2/24, to post 2/28
boxlicker: submission 2/27, to post 3/4

Last edited:
entitled said:
Seems we need one of those for survivor. Somebody needs to start one, and others need to finish it.

Anybody?
I sure wouldn't mind giving it a try. :D How does the whole thing work, darlin'? I mean, how do you decide who starts it and who goes second, etc...? How do you decided on what it will be about? yadda yadda yadda

I'm in for the brainstorming, if no one has any ideas..... (or something already written perhaps? Not I!) :)

SelenaKittyn said:
This one really grabbed my imagination... about the Greek Myths... anyone else?

Greek Myth Chain Stories?
Oh, yeah, that one was started when I first got here. I started RP-ing as *coff* research for a story about Arachne- and I've been playing on the boards ever since. One of these days I'll write the story, i swear it!

Arachne i can do! (i -am- the fiber goddess around here, after all ;) )

Or we could do one... um... What happens down lover's lane, maybe? If i start one, you want to roll with that?

Last edited:
Oo! i know!

The last day on the slopes of Vesuvius, the day it erupted and buried Pompeii.

Whatcha think?

Just popping in to say that anyone who wishes may add to the "It's Just Sex" chain.

entitled said:
Arachne i can do! (i -am- the fiber goddess around here, after all ;) )

Or we could do one... um... What happens down lover's lane, maybe? If i start one, you want to roll with that?
you can have her! :D
I'll keep Icarus and Daedalus....

I was interested in the Mythology chain, but it didn't organized. I know that a lot of people prefer to fly by the seat of their pants, but if I don't have a deadline, I don't do the work. So I didn't pursue it at the time.

If this chain is going to be slightly more structured, then I'd be happy to take on Pandora. Oh, so very happy...

Structured i can do.

So.... mythology redux it is!

i'll start it. We can leave it open-ended if people would like, so it will be a first come first serve for which myths are available.

Each person has seven days to write and submit a chapter. One should be submitted every Sunday (to make it easy), and if a person misses their deadline their name gets moved to the bottom of the list.

i'll keep track of who claims what story. When a chapter is submitted they need to post on this thread so it can be updated and the next person knows theirs is a go.

Anybody have any problems with that?

*confused*

are these stories complete in themselves (Pandora, Persephone, Arachne etc.) and they work (as Greek Myths) to make the chain? We can title them all starting with the same thing (for example: Erotic Greek Myths: Pandora's Box)...

Or are we simply writing chapters of each myth (I write the first for Persephone for example) and someone else picks up where I left off?

<---chain story virgin :rolleyes:

SelenaKittyn said:
*confused*

are these stories complete in themselves (Pandora, Persephone, Arachne etc.) and they work (as Greek Myths) to make the chain? We can title them all starting with the same thing (for example: Erotic Greek Myths: Pandora's Box)...

Or are we simply writing chapters of each myth (I write the first for Persephone for example) and someone else picks up where I left off?

<---chain story virgin :rolleyes:
i would say they're complete in themselves and they work together as Greek Myths to make the chain.

entitled said:
Structured i can do.

So.... mythology redux it is!

i'll start it. We can leave it open-ended if people would like, so it will be a first come first serve for which myths are available.

Each person has seven days to write and submit a chapter. One should be submitted every Sunday (to make it easy), and if a person misses their deadline their name gets moved to the bottom of the list.

i'll keep track of who claims what story. When a chapter is submitted they need to post on this thread so it can be updated and the next person knows theirs is a go.

Anybody have any problems with that?

Gonna make a schedule based on what people have already volunteered for? Cause if so, I want my deadline in February, if possible. I'm busy with work till then!

And to answer Selena's question - a chain can be done either way - as a complete story with a central theme or as a continuation of one story. It seems in this case like we're each doing our own myth as a complete story.

logophile said:
Gonna make a schedule based on what people have already volunteered for? Cause if so, I want my deadline in February, if possible. I'm busy with work till then!

And to answer Selena's question - a chain can be done either way - as a complete story with a central theme or as a continuation of one story. It seems in this case like we're each doing our own myth as a complete story.
Yep. i've already got you written down for Pandora.

First or second week of February?

entitled said:
Yep. i've already got you written down for Pandora.

First or second week of February?

Umm... second, please.
And thank you.

You're great to organize this.
Fun fun fun!!

logophile said:
Umm... second, please.
And thank you.

You're great to organize this.
Fun fun fun!!
Got it.

i know. :D
Just remember that later, when i get bitchy about it.

How about Hercules as a transvestite at the court of Queen Omphale?

Og

Back