LadyVer's Flirting 101 Course

hmm. Don't know what to say to that, other than it's not like this is an isolated case, you're not in a minority.

Oh yes I am. I'm the greatest man to ever walk into your life. And you don't even know my first name...

...oh wait... never mind.

This is proof that I CAN IN FACT make it rain online. Real life, not so much.

There is a HUUUUUGE difference. Trust me. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.... and no sex took place.

Wait! What? You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and didn't invite me? WTF!

Wait! What? You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and didn't invite me? WTF!

And the differences between online and real life continue.

Go ask those constant flow of real-life girls who rejected me how my flirting skills are....

(I'm not going to highjack the thread. So this is my last post. Good luck with the lessons, LadyVer!)

aww thank you, but I think you should probably be giving some notes yourself. :)

:rose:

nah...I shrivel up when I am in front of the class room....I am usally the guy in the front that block the view of the teacher from all of the shorties that sit behind me...

Cf

nah...I shrivel up when I am in front of the class room....I am usally the guy in the front that block the view of the teacher from all of the shorties that sit behind me...

Cf

Well, it is possible that I have you mixed up with someone else, although I thought I'd seen you in passing in threads where you looked to he flirting extremely well....

oh I think I do...I was referring to my ablility to teach as opposed to doing....lol...big difference....learned that in teh Military

Tips and advice are always welcome. Good idea for a thread. I have to admit that I'm not always conscious of when I'm flirting. In conversation, I'm just naturally curious and attentive. People usually respond positively to that, sometimes in delightfully unexpected ways.

oh I think I do...I was referring to my ablility to teach as opposed to doing....lol...big difference....learned that in teh Military

ah.. yes, I think it's easy to feel awkward at times. I know I do. :)

Tips and advice are always welcome. Good idea for a thread. I have to admit that I'm not always conscious of when I'm flirting. In conversation, I'm just naturally curious and attentive. People usually respond positively to that, sometimes in delightfully unexpected ways.

If flirting could be seen just as another form of kidding around instead of like a game of win or lose, it would probably make it easier all the way around. Some people are just more outgoing so it doesn't seem as unnatural or difficult to figure out.

Innuendo/ Flirting games are fun. I started one with a female coworker a week or so ago pretty innocently....'how was your weekend' she asked...

"too short" was my reply

"that's what she said" was hers

"well, practice will help, or so I've heard"...

and so on...

:)

Innuendo/ Flirting games are fun. I started one with a female coworker a week or so ago pretty innocently....'how was your weekend' she asked...

"too short" was my reply

"that's what she said" was hers

"well, practice will help, or so I've heard"...

and so on...

:)

:cool:

Never confuse clever(or unclever) banter for flirting. One-ups and come-backs are not flirting.

Never confuse clever(or unclever) banter for flirting. One-ups and come-backs are not flirting.

Thank you, Bronze. I hear what you're saying, however the gb's flirting, one-ups.and banter are another area that would take it's own thread so I'm trying to stay off that subject.(And I don't intend to do.a thread on that).. Thanks again.

Thank you, Bronze. I hear what you're saying, however the gb's flirting, one-ups.and banter are another area that would take it's own thread so I'm trying to stay off that subject.(And I don't intend to do.a thread on that).. Thanks again.

True flirting is very simple. It is the skill of letting another person know they have your complete and undistracted attention.

Banter forces attraction on oneself and that is a risky strategy. One can never be certain whether the attention is favorable or unfavorable. While the other is talking, it's pretty clear what is on their mind. When you speak, the other person could be thinking, "What an asshole."

True flirting is very simple. It is the skill of letting another person know they have your complete and undistracted attention.

Banter forces attraction on oneself and that is a risky strategy. One can never be certain whether the attention is favorable or unfavorable. While the other is talking, it's pretty clear what is on their mind. When you speak, the other person could be thinking, "What an asshole."

Thanks for clarifying. I appreciate your commenting.

*Tips his hat to the wiser man*

Well said

Last edited:
I kinda think flirting is art, not science. You either have a talent for it, or you don't.

If you're attracted to someone and you're not introverted or shy, then, you flirt.

If being conversational intimidates you and/or you lack a sense of humor, then, you probably suck at flirting.

I'm not sure flirting can be taught, really. Just my two cents.

Sadly the ability for introverts or those who are not accustomed to interacting with people are left out from this type of fun experiences. Not that they cant since believe everyone is capable of flirting.

This my experience since i dont have the skills to get the woman. Told later in life when too far apart or they married i was great at flirting and haven their attention once they got to know me.

Wish as always others not to treat their lives like i have. Only 30 here and believe it too late for me. You younger gents pay attention and also throw a bit of jerk behavior in as well.

Sadly the ability for introverts or those who are not accustomed to interacting with people are left out from this type of fun experiences. Not that they cant since believe everyone is capable of flirting.

This my experience since i dont have the skills to get the woman. Told later in life when too far apart or they married i was great at flirting and haven their attention once they got to know me.

Wish as always others not to treat their lives like i have. Only 30 here and believe it too late for me. You younger gents pay attention and also throw a bit of jerk behavior in as well.

I'm a natural introvert. Some things are never too late. Disagree about jerk behavior.

Just a note to thank everyone for their comments. I apologize for not responding to all comments, but it's almost impossible..Plus, I try not to be a thread hog, even on my own threads.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! Will be posting another tip later today or tomorrow.

Thanks again!
:heart:

I'm a natural introvert. Some things are never too late. Disagree about jerk behavior.

I mention jerk behavior since seems the nice guys finish last. Not always but seems be a heavy percentage. Seems women enjoy the guy sending mix messages or being slightly mean to them. Meant no offense though.

As to being too late i hope that is the case but after my recent grief seems a waste to think otherwise. If curious message me and will share. But again hope this isnt the case.

I mention jerk behavior since seems the nice guys finish last. Not always but seems be a heavy percentage. Seems women enjoy the guy sending mix messages or being slightly mean to them. Meant no offense though.

As to being too late i hope that is the case but after my recent grief seems a waste to think otherwise. If curious message me and will share. But again hope this isnt the case.

I don't think I can give easy answers on some women liking jerks as there are men who seem to like women who treat them badly as well. I would guess that the reason behind this is they just don't know any better. What may be helpful is to focus on building friendships with women who appreciate good men. One source that has good articles for men is The Good Men Project, their website is the same name. Lots of interesting articles for men and women.

Feel free to pm me, but I may be a little slow to respond as my inbox been busier than usual lately.

I wouldn't say women like jerks, or that nice guys finish last, necessarily (though a nice guy would let the lady finish first ;) )
The attraction is a man who challenges them, not an asshole who treats them badly.

Back