Pentagon: 101 Airborne Troops On Ebola Mission Will Not Get Full Protective Gear

Busybody

We are ALL BUSYBODY!
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Posts
55,323
They’re not going to be in contact with any of the people, but they’re able to go in and out of camps?

Via Nashville Public Radio:


Troops from the 101st Airborne Division leading the military response to Ebola in West Africa will only need gloves and masks to protect themselves from the deadly virus, so said Gen. David Rodriguez at a Pentagon briefing Wednesday.

“They don’t need the whole suit – as such – because they’re not going to be in contact with any of the people,” the commander of U.S. troops in Africa said.

Soldiers from the 101st Airborne will primarily be building hospitals, ultimately leading what could be a contingent of 4,000 American service members. They’ll be housed either in tent cities at military airfields or in Liberian Ministry of Defense facilities, Rodriguez said.

Soldiers’ health will be monitored through surveys and taking their temperature on their way in and out of camps. If a service member does get sick, Rodriguez said they will be flown home immediately for treatment.

Next week, the 101st Airborne will hold a traditional pre-deployment ceremony, known as a “color casing”, before departing for Liberia, though a handful of soldiers are already on the ground.
 
Indefensible

Action by the Obala Regime

It has to be purposeful
 
its impossible for anyone to be so inept

so one must believe

its deliberate

intent to inflict harm

on the US
 
It is not a military mission in the first place. It's a job for medical workers and contractors. Obama, like Hillary, likes to use our military for manual labor and feel good shit.

Better than bush using National Guardsman to fight his invasion of Iraq.. did you complain about that too?
 
Back
Top